Im on the fence

Should I buy this Bentley?

I’m about to turn 20 and my dad is willing to give me an interest free 280k loan so I can buy a Bentley since he is proud of me accomplishing my career so quickly. I will be making 75k (starting in 2 months) and I will quickly go up in the next 5-10 years (maximum of 500k a year). I just don’t know what to do because I feel so old and I don’t want to wait until I’m 25 to have that car or else I won’t look cool but at the same time, I live with my parents, this is the time (I plan on paying it off in 2-3 years). But if I take the car I wouldn’t be able to find a wife or a house because I would be paying the car and wouldn’t be able to spend on anything else. I feel selfish

Pic un

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bait but idc, bentleys are cars for ages 40 and up, you'll look goofy as frick in one. If you have that money get a viper

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nice of your dad to get you started, but use the interest free loan on something a little more "economical luxury" and save the rest for a house payment. I don't think you're old enough to appreciate a car like that, not really, at least not for another say 8-10 years.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But I’ve wanted one since I was a little kid
      I’ll be like 21-23 with a Bentley paid off getting paid over 100k. Life will be good and I’m just getting started

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Life will be good and I’m just getting started
        Exactly, you're just getting started. So just wait a little longer. It will be a much, MUCH better return on investment to get a house, or put the money into an investment account, and make it grow to afford the Bentley sometime in the next 8-10 years, and also have a house and a wife to top it off. Instead of having the Bentley now and no ability to afford a house or think about providing for a family, it's a clearly better option to get a lower tier luxury vehicle and afford those more permanent things and pick up the Bentley when it really suits your lifestyle.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

But I don’t care about money and I don’t care about another car. My number 1 priority is my career, my number 2 is that Bentley. And 3 is to have a wife and family but no girl is interested in me so that can wait . And I am not moving until I find a wife because I don’t know how to cook or clean

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Listen buddy, you have more money than most anyone will ever have at one time for most of their lives. Some, all their lives. And you can do whatever the frick you want with it. If you want the Bentley that badly, just buy the Bentley. I'm just telling you what you ought to do from an outsider's perspective since you made the thread. That's all, man. Also, don't give up that easily on finding a wife. Life is way longer than you think.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

But I feel so old dude. I’m no longer a kid. I look very old too. Everyone treats me like an adult and I HATE IT

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Hahahahahaha. I legitimately remember feeling this way a decade ago. It's funny how life shows you these mirrors, in hindsight. You're not old yet dude, not yet. Best advice I can give besides the previous posts is to jerk off before you make these big decisions and also sleep on it, at least for a few days. Have a totally clear mind. 280k is no small pool of money. Make a good decision with it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You promise 20 isn’t old? Do people see me as a kid?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

a 20 year old is barely above a teenager. in fact, imagine a teenager telling you that he feels old, you can just laugh. look, it is good to be young, go and make foolish decisions, that is how one learns even though everyone might say the money can be better used elsewhere. i mean they are correct, but it is your youth and your money, not theirs

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>20
            >old
            i am laffin

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

do you really think owning this car would improve your life so much as to warrant spending ALL of your money on it?don't be foolish with your money you can get some really nice things for 1/4th of that amont maybe even a decent used bentley if you really want it so much and with most coupes of that price range you would still get b***hes anyways if that is what you want to accomplish.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I will be making 75k

>getting paid over 100k

This is the problem with LARPing, too easy to expose yourself. "Over 100k" is a laughable amount of money these days. 75k is close to what fast food workers are making in California. You aren't even making enough to buy a new Camry.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Life will be good
        >I feel old
        Believe me op, if you think life will continue to be peachy keen for you, you are definitely young and naive.
        Getting this car vs. A house or some REAL equity is also entirely naive ( and dumb).

Also, don't EVER take loans from family, just don't.
        >B-b-but I'll pay it off I swear
        It doesn't matter, it WILL alter the relationship and you WILL be treated diferrently.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bro get an old one with a service contract from like 2010 and invest the rest in a house or VAG stock and some ETFs.

You’re a moron to go in to debt at your age when you could be investing and retiring in 15 years.

Don’t buy a new Bentley.

Get a Porsche Panamera with a V6, same platform. Or an old one if you must. Young people can’t buy new cars. It’s very very stupid. You have time and money you need to invest it in stock or real estate

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Buy the bentley, drive it irresponsibly, inject steroids, do hard drugs, and frick loose women. good luck brother and heil hitler

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get a jaaag

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're going to buy a car like that, buy a classic Ferrari that will appreciate in value. My recommendation is a 550 Maranello or a 575m Superamerica. Never buy new production luxury vehicles, they will always be depreciate.

• 4 weeks ago
      civil engineering stud

Why is everyone acting like this bad faith thread isn't bait?
      I mean if I were a 20 year old shithead with 280k to throw into anything I would get a Pivotal Helix and save the 80k.

This too, but assuming he doesn't care about depreciation and just wants a toy it still doesn't make sense.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ferrari 575M Superamerica is a much rarer vehicle than any Bentley coupe, besides the Brooklands. But the Brooklands is a old man's car through and through. Giant barge of a coupe. 575M is a very fast Italian GT, and it has way more value than a mass produced coupe.

But yeah, this is probably a bait thread.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>my dad is willing to give me an interest free 280k loan

Go buy a house dingus.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't mate unless your making say $250 k a year they're not cheap, the maintaince is high and the insurance is high. End of the day its your money but from my perspective its the same reason I don't buy a Ferrari or Corvette ZR1. Could afford some models but I'd piss away a considerable ammount of assetts to do it. Not worth it given I'm not working in the auto industry nor racing. Better off renting one a few days a year.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I will be making 75k (starting in 2 months) and I will quickly go up in the next 5-10 years (maximum of 500k a year)
    lmao your ny life insurance "career" is a lead generation scam and you will end up selling your tiny book of business to the one guy who actually makes money at that office

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

excellent thread

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the based move would be getting a phaeton and a house deposit down
    second hand continental gt if you are really pining for the b badge
    i wonder if op is chinese or middle eastern

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get yourself either a merc or 911 so it wont depreciate AND wont break

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

old man car. Imagine being rich and still having such bad taste that you want to drive the average country club grandpa's car. Go back to bragging about your balencihomie shoes on DA

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

daddy’s money

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your post doesn't make a damn lick of sense.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>75k
    >wtb 280k car
    You're a high melanin individual aren't you

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm more personally a fan of the RR Wraith, I've had a couple of them. For me it's mostly the styling I prefer. Bentleys are nice don't get me wrong, but I feel like they often try to go more for performance than uncompromised luxury like you'd get on a Rolls. And again it's just personal preference on looks.

If I wanted performance and an open top, I have better things in the garage for that.

You shouldn't feel selfish splurging on a car though, anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand the importance of time. If you get a loan, you can afford the Bentley you want, since you'll be paying that loan off fairly quickly once you make more money, and you'll have all that time to enjoy the car, so I'd say go for it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *