I'm thinking about getting my first car in burgerland. This is the cheapest result from cars.com close to my area.

I'm thinking about getting my first car in burgerland. This is the cheapest result from cars.com close to my area. It makes no sense to me, 18k sounds like a lot for a very basic shitty car.

Is this normal?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because it's new. Stop being a pussy and look at used cars for a fifth of the price.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So this is what I should expect for all new cars? I could look at a used car, just that I'm not confident I could really inspect that it to make sure I'm not being ripped off. But yeah there are some sweet deals there. Any DA recs? Tourist here.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>So this is what I should expect for all new cars?
        Nissan Versa is THE cheapest new car you can buy. Everything only goes up from here.
        What's your budget?
        The most basic recommendations you will get anywhere are Toyota Corolla/Camry and Honda Civic/Accord.
        These will have some premium over domestic shitboxes like Chevy Cruze or Ford Fusion.
        A lot depends on the nature of the listing, like maintenance records, previous owners, mileage, etc., not just the year, make, and model.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Mitsubishi Mirage is cheaper.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's just not, but okay.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Had a 2014 fusion, no issues at all. Died in an accident at 164k miles (en route to get an oil change, oddly enough)
          Twas a great car, would highly recommend.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>I'm not sure if I can buy a used car without getting ripped off
        >So I better buy new so I know I'm getting ripped off
        Alrighty then

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

At least the car will run, numbnuts. Also I was expecting there to be new cars under this price, try to interpret my post before replying some moronic snarky shit.

>So this is what I should expect for all new cars?
          Nissan Versa is THE cheapest new car you can buy. Everything only goes up from here.
          What's your budget?
          The most basic recommendations you will get anywhere are Toyota Corolla/Camry and Honda Civic/Accord.
          These will have some premium over domestic shitboxes like Chevy Cruze or Ford Fusion.
          A lot depends on the nature of the listing, like maintenance records, previous owners, mileage, etc., not just the year, make, and model.

Thank you. No real budget, I'm mostly just looking. I would use the car for weekend escapades (not commuting) and I live in downtown Seattle so I wouldn't use it much day-to-day. 18k seems like too much to pay for the occasional weekend trip.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you want reliability in general, get a car with an N/A engine and a standard transmission.
            Unironically something like this lel: https://www.carmax.com/car/23493991

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't take my word for it BTW, I just looked on CarMax for the cheapest fricken cars. This could be complete junk.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Don't take my word for it BTW, I just looked on CarMax for the cheapest fricken cars. This could be complete junk.

Aren't I due for a world of pain getting a car with >100k miles? Also manual transmission would be a lot better IMO.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

and a 2.0 or larger displacement

ideally you should pay a bit more for a NA 2.5L, but a reputable NA 2.0 4cyl is going to last.
            i would advise paying more for an automatic transmission as well because it doesn't limit your market in resale; but what really matters is that it is not a cvt.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>MT might limit your market in resale
            Same b***h Black person logic that makes everyone buy npc white cars. Not even correct. MT is sought after

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

MT is sought after by poor people and enthusiasts looking to israelite you down for a knock around car because they know the 95% of entry level commuter car market doesnt want a standard to commute in city traffic.
            you're just a fool if you actually believe yourself.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Honestly most gomfy Seattle driving was in an underpowered 5 MT shitbox. Something about WOT hill climbing and knowing that 90% of drivers couldn't even go 10 minutes without bumping shit and stalling out in my car.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>9k for a 14 year old Fiesta with 108k miles
            holy frick

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you're rarely using the car, I'd suggest rideshare or renting.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

> I live in downtown Seattle so I wouldn't use it much day-to-day. 18k seems like too much to pay for the occasional weekend triip

Yeah Seattle has a pretty good car market and lots of crime/ bad drivers. You should buy a $3k minivan or Subaru wagon.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, Used cars are fine.
        Buy one that's like 2-3 years old.
        If you want to be picky, try to get one that has less than 10,000 driven miles a year.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>just that I'm not confident I could really inspect that it to make sure I'm not being ripped off

Ive purchased around 50 cars and I was ripped off on half of them. You can tell a car is shit, but sometimes you buy it anyway. Just dont do that. Also you font have to bother checking out 90% of cars. You see something cool on graigslist and call the guy and hes some heavily accented guy trying to hard sell or wants to meet at a safeway parking lot whatever bullshit, you just next out of it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So this is what I should expect for all new cars? I could look at a used car, just that I'm not confident I could really inspect that it to make sure I'm not being ripped off. But yeah there are some sweet deals there. Any DA recs? Tourist here.

Maybe I should read the fricking sticky I guess.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

18 grand for a brand new 2024 car is cheap.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It doesnt look that bad either.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Purchase a used Toyota Corolla with pre-own certified.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>nissan

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a used car for under ten grand.
    If it breaks buy another one.
    The price of new cars has skyrocketed since 2019.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, if you're trying to stretch your dollar then buy used.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What would anon pay for a slicktop '03 MP5 with
    212k on the shell,
    45k on the motor
    135k on the 5MT from LKQ?
    Finished last Tuesday dunno what I should ask in my tiny ass college town.

Non ABS and engines from the Mazda MPV released in Japan and 'Straya with 5hp less than factory

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *