I'm thinking of getting a lightly used S Class. I can get one for around $30k.

I'm thinking of getting a lightly used S Class. I can get one for around $30k.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Ah yes, a lightly used Mercedes that's just outside of the warranty period.
    A great financial decision for anyone trying to appear more well off than they are.
    Buy a warranty with it..

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/KZxeb8K.jpeg

But can you fix a $30K merc with another $30K, though?

Going for the moderately successful drug dealer look.

very nice blogpost
      how do i unsubscribe?

2 expensive o mang

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

But can you fix a $30K merc with another $30K, though?

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Going for the moderately successful drug dealer look.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>owning a luxury car and not wanting to get raped by depreciation makes to a drug dealer
      The absolute state of coping poorgays.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>The absolute state of coping poorgays.

> buy car for price of civic
        > call others poorgays

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

very nice blogpost
    how do i unsubscribe?

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

If you can afford used German maintenance; you can afford to lease.
    Your just going broke to look rich in a ten year old shitbox.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

A lease on a new S Class is like $1300/month MINIMUM.
      Op won’t be spending more than $300/month on maintenance unless he takes it to the Merc stealership.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>lease
      No thanks I actually need to drive more than 15k miles a year

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

They dont make 3 series with soft close doors, floaty ride, 500 horsepower, and automatic cornering side bolsters

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

The newest S class that you could reasonably fix would be the W220. Also, probably the most mechanically reliable with M112/M113 engines. Even the V12 engine is reliable.

The large sedan segment has been gobbled up by SUVs anyway. The M Class is where you'll find the bargains. I'd recommend a W164 2011 model with a diesel. No airbag suspension. Stay away from petrol models.

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

wow cool E class

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

i have this one, great car. Just on the verge before cars became more about screens than everything else
    the meme is true though, service at a Mercedes dealership will cost you, let alone replacing parts

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Enjoy paying $5k for brake pads

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Double your budget for future repairs

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Why get a S for $30k when you could get a SS for $40k?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

A V8 S Class is probably almost as fast and better in every single other aspect other than maintenance costs.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

The Commodore just isn't on par with a late 00s onwards Merc or a Benz. The Zeta platform was really a benchmark against the E39 or E46.

They are fine cars but were built for middle class Aussies, take from that what you will.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

listen here you retarted 12 year old.
        >Merc or a Benz
        that's the same brand dipshit.
        >late 00s onwards
        When they got merged into Chrysler?
        late 90s was peak merc and it's been turning into indian/chinese slop since.
        BMW last german car company.

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

A friend of mine recently bought a the same model and year that you're looking at OP. I don't get it personally but he's a ceritied MB mechanic and shop foreman so he's probably in a better position than you are for mechanical maintenance.

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>inb4
    "Hey Guys! They want to charge me $10K for routine maintenance! Help!"

Please do not make this whimsical purchase

14. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

You think there might be a reason why the vehicle has lost over $100k in value after less than 10 years?

15. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Why do poor people think that by buying a 10 year old luxury car that costs less than a Corolla they are somehow cheating the system or making some sort of fashion statement? You are still poor, but you are also going to be even more poor when shit will start breaking on that old rundown piece of shit. Which really means you are going to go in debt just to keep that turd on the road. I've no idea what kind of moron logic is required in this case to rationalize this purchase. Poor people are weird.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Because I live in a Podunk redneck town with a ls400 I bought off a grandma when her hubby died and she doesn't drive?

Even have all the records.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Some people just want super comfortable cars. It's not like an S Class is any more difficult or expensive to maintain than an E Class

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>Why do poor people think that by buying a 10 year old luxury car that costs less than a Corolla they are somehow cheating the system

This is a 100 iq realization/cope

120 iq successful people buy second hand luxury cars at 75% off

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

I wouldn’t trust a car that has been driven on Black person 22 inch wheels. The struts and bushings are probably shot.

16. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

OP you should get a coupe. They don't make them any more so it'll be more exotic. And they're functionally the same car as the sedan.

17. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I had one back when it was relatively new... special snowflake feels wears out very quickly and only thing left is pain&suffering.
    Tho every kid needs to go through that phase in his life, have one worn out luxo barge.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

>Tho every kid needs to go through that phase in his life, have one worn out luxo barge.
      lol this

18. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

740i more reliable

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

BMW guy here, we never say "740i more reliable" especially for older or used models. These are no-no cars. Unless you just have to have one and plan on doing a full rebuild and don't plan on driving it much.
      Getting an oil change at BMW the other day, sitting there waiting, over hearing the service manager trying to break it to the older black couple there that bought a 09 740i and the troony has gone out, that's what their problem is. The lady is crushed, you can tell, I think it was going to be 9k. The old guy looked defeated. On my 3rd BMW, I've had repairs ranging from 2k to 4k on average. A thousand and under is a huge sigh of relief. And that's the deal with these type cars, unless you have 3 to 5k on standby for situations, we have another brick parked in the yard rotting. Personally, I'd never attempt an older 7 series, I'm crazy but not that crazy.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

The new 740i comes with the B58. Can’t go wrong with it.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *