I'm thinking of taking the 1 series pill.

I'm thinking of taking the 1 series pill. What's the better overall spec for daily driving, the 128i or the 135i? What's diy wrenching like on these things?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

128i if DD, 135i if weekend car, the N54 can make a lot of power but it is expensive to upkeep.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

128i if you want a BMW BRZ or a nu E36 M3. Especially if it's cheap (under $10k) and you can afford to fit a LSD to it

135i if you just want horsepower and fast at the expensive of reliability.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

128i is a better daily, easier to wrench on, and also better balanced due to less weight on the front.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Did they ever make these with a manual troony?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can get these with a 6 speed manual, 6 speed auto, or 7 speed DCT.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, like all engines

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

go low mileage 135i or bust #n54squad

issue is when you make over 500whp you need to put sandbags in the trunk to make the rear end not kick out if you plan on street racing

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What's diy wrenching like on these things?
    Pretty easy, BMW built these like an ox cart. Mcdonalds struts on all 4 corners so easy to replace, everything's plastic so you don't have to worry about rust,

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bmw hasn't used mcpherson rear in decades moron. The e82 is rear multi link. Newer bmws are now multilink front/rear

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This car is literally like the iPod mini... everyone knows its for girls.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a car that can handle 700hp on the stock block, chassis, brakes and suspension is for girls XD
      Sure thing homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>handle 700hp
        >stock block
        keep dreaming
        >chassis
        ok
        >brakes
        no
        >suspension
        McDonald's so no

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What does McDonald's have to do with anything? Its a car not a hamburger

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>What does McDonald's have to do with anything?
            You said the suspension can handle massive amounts of power, I'm telling you because it's McDonald's on all 4 (cheapest Corolla tier suspension) it can't. Hope that makes sense. Frick automatics. frick eurotrash.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>because it's McDonald's
            I just looked at the McDonald's menu. I don't see suspension on there.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's odd. Do me a favor, go out to your garage and take a pic of your toolbox.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not the guy you’re replying to but… This is literal S tier homosexualry. Like when you’re in an argument with someone and you have them so backed into a corner they begin correcting your grammar and spelling because they have nothing else to grasp at.

Lol… lmao even

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I have no tools
            got it, all I needed to know

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I have no tools
            Got it, all I needed to know

>has no tools
            >is so mad he can't even reply
            Sad, many such cases.

LMAO this guy probably walks into an autozone and sucks off the entire staff

> OMG *glob glob glob* you just like have *glob glib* so many tools UwU *glob glob glob*

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What does that have to do with what we're talking about? Extremely weird attempt to move goalposts Anon. But I'll provide you with a time stamped pic of my whole corner of tools in my garage as soon as you do I suppose if it appeases your autism.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>What does that have to do with what we're talking about?
            you're making a lot of car related claims which seem like absolute bullshit to me, an experienced car homosexual, so I suspect you're just a baby with no tools and you just got done watching your favorite e-celeb video and now you're here spouting the same shit they do. That's why I asked about the tools, I'd you posted a large comprehensive and organized toolset in a clean well lit work area I would take you seriously but without it you're just a little nu-male or troony. Hope that makes sense.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I have no tools
            Got it, all I needed to know

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ok but what does this have to do with cars

This board is weird man

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Ok but what does this have to do with cars
            Can you not follow the links properly? Start here

https://i.imgur.com/jpw0WYT.jpeg

>because it's McDonald's
            I just looked at the McDonald's menu. I don't see suspension on there.

then attempt to process why you're responding to the wrong person. Unless this is the same tired projecting troll.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I still don't know what McDonald's has to do with cars and why people say McDonald's is bad! I love the McFlurry especially when I get M&M AND Oreos

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You'd have to ask the autistic moron that has been trying to force the meme.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Multilink rear, as BMW's have had since the 90's. 6-speed manual available on all trims, including the 1M being manual-only. That is all.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He's a seething KFCgay

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>N54 doesn't make 700 on stock internals
          Busrider wrenchlet out of my boatd

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Any power your little sheik bait rental makes is temporary LAMO. Kys you homosexual wrenchlet.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek why are weeblets so fricking delusional? What a "lamo" LOL

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> makes a bunch of baseless claims about performance

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There's a lot of these plastic engines making decent power on dynos but they never last. Makes sense when you consider BMW Black folk are usually concerned about looks and short term gains. Low tension rings, weak as frick valvetrain, special gay coating on the bores. Shit just isn't worth it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Real… BMW is the car world embodiment of a politician. It makes a lot of shiny promises and might even deliver on one or two but ultimately once you peel back the thin veneer it’s just disappointment and a choice you end up regretting in the long run.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> making decent power on dynos but they never last.
            It’s always the homosexuals who’ve never owned anything but a bus pass talking shit about engines they have no experience with.
            Plenty of 650hp+ single turbo N54s with over 200k miles, with half of those modified.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>650hp
            >200k miles
            >BMW
            kekkin, youd be lucky it starts up at 200k

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>650hp
            >200k miles
            >BMW
            kekkin, youd be lucky it starts up at 200k

VTTO stage 2 is like 650 wheel with injectors and turbos. lots of people are running it without any issues on stock internals. I personally would never daily something like that, but saying it doesn't happen reliably is false.
            >t. Mercedes dick rider
            >frick BMW homogays

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>stage 2
            Stopped reading right there LAMO, kys you wrenchlet homosexual. Frick Mercedes too every single one of their cars is a slushbox.

https://i.imgur.com/Hu42zgv.jpeg

I still don't know what McDonald's has to do with cars and why people say McDonald's is bad! I love the McFlurry especially when I get M&M AND Oreos

wrenchlet, ricer, no-tools

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Hello sir, happy memorial day. Would you please post a time stamp of yourself in your car running?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

FYI the stock injectors on an N54 cost $350/each and you have to replace all of them at the same time

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

^kek, stupid ass parrot ricer

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>has no tools
      >is so mad he can't even reply
      Sad, many such cases.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>GIVE ME MY YOU!!!!
    kek, dumbass wrenchlet ricer doesn't understand hierarchies

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>implying it doesn't just show how pathetic you are
      >still no tools
      >has never posted car
      Color me surprised. All you do is project and screech. You live a sad life Anon.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It seems that they’re “okay” cars, but the problem is Arab/turk or adjacent types treat them like track cars and neglect any kind of fricking maintenance; like they’re more likely to do some gaudy mod or tune before changing the oil.
    So after being ran into the dirt for 90k miles they wind up at auction with “issues”… and so it goes.
    I’ve got a 2011 135i convertible; and I can see the appeal. But being completely naive to bmw ownership, and being the 5th owner - I kinda walked into a lemon.
    But it’s a pretty lemon.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don't
    I dumped $40k into this car. (not including car)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what race are you

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tunak tunak
      >clapped beemer
      of course lamo

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
  13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I DD'd a tuned, 6-speed '09 135i for several year without issue. I went to index 12 injectors, walnut blasted the intake, fixed the wastegate rattle, helical LSD, fat pilot super sports on apex wheels, the works. If you aren't a total dipstick and can do your own maintenance, it's a great car with a lot of power and fun. If you rely on a shop do to do your oil changes, move along, this car is not for you.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just for reference, how much did this all cost and how did you fix the waste gate rattle?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Less than you would think. Made money on the car when it was totaled (teenager pulled out onto a highway without stopping).
        The wastegate rattle is simple, pull the turbos, replace the wastegate arm and bushing, reinstall.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

And you do not need to drop the subframe to remove the turbos. People who do that are poo-brains.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Imagine having to drop the subframe. Idk why people even make that an option.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that's most newer cars with twin turbos honestly. even older cars like b5 s4 and Z32 TT are like that.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That is the issue with compact cars with large engine. The engine bay is tight, but with patience and skill, most things can be done without resorting to stupid shit like dropping the subframe or pulling the bumper, etc.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I was asking in part to be an butthole, and in part because I am looking at the n54-55 cars, and there seem to be two issues (oil pan gasket/turbo) that forums say you need to drop the subframe for. Also, fuel injectors were very expensive, like 2k in parts.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

just get a 128i then homosexual. With the 3-stage intake from the 330i it becomes a 130i and power gets pretty close to a stock 135i but with 200% more reliability and better handling.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Waffles

nice bro

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I tracked one for a few years
    >heavier than it should be
    >no lsd
    >not properly cooled in the transmission
    >oil well housing leak
    >60k mile auto self destructing water cooler / thermo
    > cheap interior rattles too soon
    >McDonald’s front isn’t great for tire wear

Pros:
    >m sport brakes are very very good
    >steering is good
    >power is good
    >handling is slight understeer but good
    >cheap to get in to
    >wastegate rattle should be fixed by now

I personally do not recommend tuning above 330hp or maybe 360hp. The cooling isn’t there .

I’d expect $600-$1200 a year in maintenance which I don’t consider bad.

Overall it’s a fun car but not ready for the big time if you have skill on a track. The S3 is much better and yet it’s got its own list of issues.

Since you can get in a 135i for dirt cheap it’s hard to complain since you’ll be in a competitive car on track. But as I say. If you can drive well you’ll quickly hit the problem and limits.

Get an M sport. I’d get a 135i with an N55 if it was me.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>McDonald’s front isn’t great for tire wear
      It's not that fat, McDonald's front would be what you find on a Ford F-150 with the compacted graphite iron block 2.7L Ecoboost. Now THAT is a fricking McDonald's front.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>McDonald's front would be what you find on a Ford F-150
        f150 has double bones up front, stupid little truckless ricer

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I'm not fat, I have big bones!!!!
          Cope, that's a McDonald's front through and through.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it's not a McDonalds front because it's double boned or however the burger is fried

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I don't know about you, but I prefer my burgers boneless. Barbecue is another story though

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What's up world? Yeah, you! I'm Travis Scott, this is my McDonald's order. Follow me! There's my Quarter Pounder with lettuce, pickles, onions, ketchup, mustard, and bacon. (Yeah!) Here's my fries. Sometimes, I do this... then I dip them into barbecue sauce.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What a disgusting Black person

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

N54 > N55
      335i > 135i
      https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/how-bimmerworld-turned-bmw-335i-capable-track-car/
      vws are GAY as FRICK by the way
      LOL @ thinking that a homosexual ass hatchback will EVER be good on track

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>isn’t great for tire wear
      inside edge of tread wears out first ?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *