Importing car from Japan to EU

Hey I'm going to import a Porsche Cayman 987.2 from Japan to Germany, what should I look out for? I will be buying from USS Tokyo and I have a company that will check the car irl for me. Obviously they can't do much more than idle the engine for a minute and snap a few pictures of the undercarriage.
Anyone here who bought a car from Japan before and can share their experience?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I'm going to import a Porsche Cayman 987.2 from Japan to Germany
    Why?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Are you moronic?

why would you import a german car from japan to germany?

It's become pretty popular because you can get left-hand drive German cars from Japan that have like 60k km for the less than a 200k km one in Germany, plus it's not been abused by filthy immigrants but cared for with frequent oil changes and no rust issues.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Are you moronic?

https://i.imgur.com/AtpEMMK.png

[...]
      [...]
      It's become pretty popular because you can get left-hand drive German cars from Japan that have like 60k km for the less than a 200k km one in Germany, plus it's not been abused by filthy immigrants but cared for with frequent oil changes and no rust issues.

Good luck finding a V8 Panamera 4S for under 10k€. You can't even get a flooded or burned one for that money over here LMAO
      Auction fees + provision + shipping + insurance + import fees + VAT is quite a lot but in the end it still turns out to be roughly 25% cheaper than buying here.
      For Porsches you can even get the approved warranty for most of these cars after importing them, even if they didn't have it before and even if they got shipped across the globe from a completely different market.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Are you moronic?

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If it’s an expensive car, you can pay for basically a background check on it. Most cars are exported once they no longer sell here, so you’re usually getting bottom of the barrel stuff.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>you can pay for basically a background check on it
      Where exactly? From the auctioneers directly?
      >bottom of the barrel stuff
      Sure there is bottom of the barrel stuff but in Japan a car with 80k km is considered used up, right? while in Germany it's not considered "bottom of the barrel" before at least 150-200k km
      >exported once they no longer sell here
      true but they would sell IMMEDIATELY in Germany even for 40% higher sometimes. I think they don't sell in Japan because they are left-hand drive + large motors = high taxes, or am I wrong?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Big taxes yeah. The kei cars in Japan have big tax incentives so no one buys bigger cars.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

https://japaninspection.org/vehicle-history-record/
        No, the auctioneers just provide a basic physical inspection. No one is going to tell you if it has scored cylinder walls.
        >"Hey Mr. Takashi, some schizo in Germany wants us to open up the engine of this $8,000 shitbox and send him photos to see if it has scored cylinder walls"
        gtfo. If you buy the car and pay them $2k they might do it for you. If you want this type of service, buy from a porsche dealer in Japan and pay them in advance to inspect it for you. Auction houses sell vehicles in bulk, they aren't going to do this type of inspection for you.

>so you’re usually getting bottom of the barrel stuff
        lol

>Sure there is bottom of the barrel stuff but in Japan a car with 80k km is considered used up, right?
        Yeah, basically Japan's bottom of the barrel is your cream of the crop.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>No one is going to tell you if it has scored cylinder walls
          you misunderstood me, I actually said the exact same thing that you can still get scored cylinder walls because you can't know.
          Thanks for that link
          >Japan's bottom of the barrel is your cream of the crop
          A 80k km car is not bottom of the barrel and Japanese will pay full retail just to sell it for 80% off 7 years later, not sure who's the schizo here

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>so you’re usually getting bottom of the barrel stuff
      lol

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I am monitoring this thread closely. Which cars from Japan are LHD apart from Porsches?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

BMW, Mercedes, Audi and Porsche
      Also, all the fancy English and Italian stuff like Bentley, Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, Ferrari, Maserati, and Lamborghini
      And yeah, you can find various American makes too
      They come with report sheets like pic related which you can literally translate using ChatGPT (previously you'd have to get it translated by someone)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

LHD imports are somewhat of a status symbol in Japan. The regional variants are almost all RHD.

I've heard there's a line of business in Dubai where they import Mercs from Japan for the same reason, but they convert them to LHD in the process.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah, they buy LHD and RHD, doesn't matter, slap on some fake Brabus badges from China, do a fake upholstry job (pretty good one admittedly) and you end up with something like this.

?t=360
          I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemies but some people like it I guess

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Kek, that guy looks shifty. I was introduced to this idea of importing the Dubai converted Mercs to Europe because they're apparently cheap, but even importing from Japan directly seems like a better idea.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>BMW
        Only the ones that were not originally meant for the JP market.

t. BMW owner in Japan

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

LHD imports are somewhat of a status symbol in Japan. The regional variants are almost all RHD.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yes which also means that if you're buying a LHD car from Japan it must've been owned by someone who is at least upper middle class so you can be sure they had a second car next to their Cayman or whatever and that's why they have low mileage, good condition and frequent oil changes.
        But still you can get totally FRICKED if you buy a car with scored cylinder walls, that's why I asked if anyone had experience so I can learn more about the whole process before pulling the trigger

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *