>invents the best automatic shifter in your path

This thing is so nice to drive with. Why do other manufacturers try to keep the middle stick meme going when in reality you barely need to touch the shifter beyond sticking it into drive, then maybe reverse once you get to your destination.

Mercedes instead has a nice touch pad in the centre for the screen without that ugly ass stick

PS I drove a manual for 15 years and just got an automatic and wondered why I ever bothered with a manual

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

rather have a crystal (plastic) shiftknob surrounded by carbon fiber (plastic). Thats true luxury.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That entire assembly probably costs more than my e46, but it looks so much chinkier than my creaky wobbly little hunk of junk.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

These are what new BMW shifters look like now, they're made out of crystal (glass)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

it would look good if not for the piano black bits

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Whoever started thsi trend of puthing piano black on touch surfaces needs to be shot

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You mean stealing it from BMW, who had an electronically controlled column shifter in their 7 series half a decade before Mercedes?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
  3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if it aint broke dont fix it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why do you need 7 selections though?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

im not going to let a computer have total control over how i drive my car. when i want to stay in 2nd gear ill stay in 2nd gear.

https://i.imgur.com/APYZvvl.jpg

This thing is so nice to drive with. Why do other manufacturers try to keep the middle stick meme going when in reality you barely need to touch the shifter beyond sticking it into drive, then maybe reverse once you get to your destination.

Mercedes instead has a nice touch pad in the centre for the screen without that ugly ass stick

PS I drove a manual for 15 years and just got an automatic and wondered why I ever bothered with a manual

also ive had the displeasure of trying to drive the new sprinter chassis and you cant go into neutral, only park, reverse, and drive. and i had a 2023 vans keyfob go out and unlike nissans where you simply push the start/stop button with the fob to start it, you have to look all over the console for the "designated key spot", which is literally on the floor, to start the van. german engineering is truly incredible

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/gixd6rV.jpg

>gives you that thrust lever vibe
      He... nothin' personal kid

Absolutely disgusting

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Agreed. Over-engineered black boxes making decisions for bags of flesh and bones are insulting.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm with this guy.. The ONLY 'advantage' I see in the different styles would be your average car jacker hopefully can't figure it out and bails.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>invents
    anon column shifters used to be commonplace

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I drove a manual for 15 years and just got an automatic and wondered why I ever bothered with a manual
    Are you a bikegay?
    If you were a bikegay, would you buy an automatic bike? Why?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

So early they invented a name for it.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My work van has this shifter. It's fricking irritating. First off why do you push it forward to go reverse? Also why did they have to make it exactly the same as the wiper stalk? I sometimes go to mist the windshield and wind up throwing it into park because that's where the wiper controls are on all the other vehicle I drive.

Why do people even like column shifters? Why would you want to waste energy raising your arm every time you want to change gear when you can just use your fingers to move a PRNDL lever an inch from your hand?

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>needing to shift gears
    Lmao

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this. i just set mine to "1" and drive away. hasn't failed me once.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I don't even set mine. It's always in first gear.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>people who call themselves 'enthusiast' then let it slip they drive an automatic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

not just an automatic, a bilt automatic :^)

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>gives you that thrust lever vibe
    He... nothin' personal kid

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Automatics should only have RNDL with a normal handbrake

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think people who continue to hate automatics have just not driven a good automatic. If the only automatics you've driven are old 4 speeds from the 90s then I get why you don't like them. I too was in a similar boat. I knew modern automatics were "faster" but didn't really understand what that meant. But I took a racing class a few weeks ago and the car I was driving had a 7 speed DCT and once you drive that you'll understand. My daily has a traditional 6 speed manual and sure it might make puttering around town a little more "engaging" but if I had the choice then I'd be an auto guy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I took a racing class a few weeks ago and the car I was driving had a 7 speed DC
      yes because DCT in 30K jetta is the same as DCT in 140K porsche

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The DQ250 I had in my Golf R was oretty good. You could catch it out with quick downshifts but it's extremely tough, can run 500+ brake on the standard clutches as long as the clamping pressure is tuned correctly

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>I took a racing class a few weeks ago and the car I was driving had a 7 speed DC
      yes because DCT in 30K jetta is the same as DCT in 140K porsche

The DQ250 I had in my Golf R was oretty good. You could catch it out with quick downshifts but it's extremely tough, can run 500+ brake on the standard clutches as long as the clamping pressure is tuned correctly

The thing you tranners will never understand is there's no point. You took the best part out of driving and and you call it automatic but you still have to brake and turn. Might as well buy a Tesla , at least it's truly automatic. Now, have a nice day auto only loving homosexuals. I don't care how quick computer can shift, nobody will race you, there's no glory.

>You could catch it out with quick downshifts
      cold day in hell I ever get denied a shift by MY car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>cold day in hell I ever get denied a shift by MY car
        It doesn't deny the shift, it just doesn't revmatch properly and the clutch drags.
        I do miss a manual though, my next car will probably be getting back into a Fiesta ST. Autos are just boring at the end of the day, even good ones. My current car has the ZF8 which is probably the best auto ever and that's really boring.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The reason automatics aren't liked is cause they are more heavier then manuals, and if you're serious about racing or even just performance you would know the trade off's aren't worth it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Explain why Porsche is always racing with heavier PDKs then

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How much do you think a transmission weighs?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I've driven several "modern automatics" including performance cars and a DCT. I'll concede they are substantially less shit than the old 3 or 4 speeds were, but the best of he bunch still made for a worse drive imo than a shitty old underpowered truck with a four speed stick. Like for like is no contest whatsoever.

https://i.imgur.com/APYZvvl.jpg

>15 years and just got an automatic and wondered why I ever bothered with a manual
      I honestly think this is literally a LARP. Everyone I know either a) drives a manual b) doesn't know how to drive a manual and wishes to learn c) knows how to drive a manual but doesn't because they're being cheap and the manual version of whatever they're driving doesn't exist or costs more (common in the American used market) or d) is a woman.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you think its impossible for someone to like driving H pattern? lol

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Always thought these column shifters were sexy.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>posting plastic parts and tell each other about how it looks and touches
    >being a car enthusiast

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Manual isn't about good technology or convenience, it's not even about performance. It's about elitism and feeling masculine for doing one slightly more difficult thing while driving, and being able to drop gears to show off how loud your inefficient hunk of shit is.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

manual r fun

How much do you think a transmission weighs?

not that anon but my old auto was about 60 kg/130 lb. The manual I replaced it with was almost half the weight at 35 kg/77 lb. dunno how much that contributes though.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>dunno how much that contributes though
        to acceleration that is

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

If the previous transmission was developed after the 60s then your swap is an active detriment to your acceleration speeds

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

funny because the 0-100 time was 1 sec faster than the old auto. This was a 90s slushbox auto. not a DCT or late model torque converter auto.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Manual on bikes isn't about good technology or convenience, it's not even about performance. It's about elitism and feeling masculine for doing one slightly more difficult thing while driving, and being able to drop gears to show off how loud your inefficient hunk of shit is.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Congratulations on winning the special olympics, I suppose?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *