Ireland is going to require these be displayed at every gas station

They're electronic so they regularly update. Failing to display this at a gas station will net you a €500 fine.

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/fuel-retailers-furious-over-new-price-comparison-poster/a1136519463.html

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

looks gay enough to me

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They should show put up another display showing *pretax* cost.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

In Europe they don't show pre tax costs for anything because it's misleading.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The point of a second display with pretax cost is to show how much consumers are getting screwed by petrol taxes.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No, that's not the point. The point is to show how much consumers have to pay based on fuel type.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Which is more for petrol because the tax is much higher on them. Again, show them pre-tax prices and the consumer might catch a clue they are getting shafted by the government racket against petrol.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's a slippery slope. Then you need to include the cost of healthcare from health problems caused by exhaust, damages from global warming, subsidies to the fossil fuel industry, etc.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Go breathe a lithium battery fire, commie shit

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What the hell is this boomer ass post? Is this AI generated?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>What the hell is this boomer ass post? Is this AI generated?
            It's as real as your gender.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>comparing exhaust, which is produced every time a combustion engine is operated, to lithium fires, which are produced only when a moron burns their car down

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

lamo
            >debatable indirect costs that are fuzzy at best (besides subsides)
            vs
            >direct government cost to consumer

btw factor in the cost of lithium mining in china and the human and environmental cost there, not to mention china's notoriously environmentally-friendly manufacturing processes for these batteries. Then environmental cost from power and shipping.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what a homosexual response, i bet you endorse walkable cities too

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Agreed!
            Thanks for making this thread btw - what is your lovense account? I want to give your butt plug a nice buzz as a thanks for making such a great thread.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fuel is heavily subsidized, so really they should show a 'welfare queen' screen and give fuel buyers the option to opt-out of the subsidies and pay their fair share of road use fees.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i wish fuel was subsidised here

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anyone interested in gas motoring should ensure there's a required board and a second board showing costs of there were no taxes or subsidies. Because subsidies won't last forever, especially once they've accomplished the goal of killing gas cars

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Blended rate of charging - 90% at home (night rate) and 10% public (fast charge)
    lol, what a bunch of disingenuous Black folk

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this

>lol, what a bunch of disingenuous Black folk

"Public" or rather "Vendor Independent" fast charging in europe is expensive af with rates of 1.5€/kWh + "small" fee per minute.

considering that BEVs get ~18kWh/100km even this would make wildly noncompetitive

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>"Public" or rather "Vendor Independent" fast charging in europe is expensive af with rates of 1.5€/kWh + "small" fee per minute.
        I just checked my local supermarket's 200 kW charger pricing for unregistered customers. 1 € start fee + 0.33 € / kWh and no minute pricing if it's there for less than 45 minutes. Electricity isn't exactly cheap here, but cheaper than in some countries paying the price of moronic energy policies, I suppose.
        At that price and the current gasoline prices, an electric car that actually needs ~20 kWh / 100 km due to charging efficiency is about 50% cheaper per km than a gasoline family car that drinks ~6 L / 100 km in actual use.
        I don't know if I'd want to worry about the range and electric cars generally being shit in ass-freezing weather, but maybe that could work for someone.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>You will drive the electric bug pod and you will be happy because BEVs are better for the environ-ACKKK

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>misleading headline from culture war ragebait site
      Thank you for contributing to this discussion.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

headline from culture war ragebait site
        Source? You got a source for that claim, chud?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous
  6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do car people hating comparing hard specs rather than going by "feeling" aka ignorance/first choice rather than competitive options?

In every other domain, everyone compares hard specs, price/performance.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pfft. See DA sometimes. They literally think as apple says they reached cpu x nm apple laptop could run AAA games 300 fps

• 4 weeks ago
        s10fag

$2000 to not buy an apple product with 8gb ram. Itoddlers still think its 2008

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because hard specs go out the window if your suspension setup is shit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Failure rate / Failure cost

Thats hard data. Is that illegal?

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As if Irish people can afford cars in the first place lol

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>electric is the only one that has a fine print asterisk
    >price assumes 90% home charging 10% public charging
    it seems incredible disigenuous to put this on a public charging / refuelling station

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>10 bucks for a gallon
    Man that sucks, at least in America its near 4$ dollars.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not for much longer. Canada is building a pipeline to the west coast and this year will start redirecting oil from the Midwest to the west coast and other countries.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Canadian crude is mostly used for the production of greases and heavy fuel oil, not petrol.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Eurpistan
    Not my problem

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My boomer dad believes that they're forcing EVs so hard because the ultimate goal is for them to fail and ultimately result in everyone losing their cars.
    Still don't agree with him, but he might be onto something.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

EVs last way longer. We have EVs on the road that have 300,000 miles on them now.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/electriccars/article-12344229/Teslas-Britain-300-000-miles-batteries.html

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you VILL buy ze electric vehicle
    your car VILL be grey
    you VILL not act out of line
    you VILL live in ze pod
    you VILL use your car only to go from your pod to your wage cage and back
    you VILL own nossing
    you VILL be happy

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

10$/100km
    kek my frickhuge SUV gets better than that

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is diesel so cheap in Euro

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's probably just taxed differently.
      In my country, diesel fuel has a lower tax %, but you have to pay a yearly tax for diesel vehicles based on their weight and classification (for any gasoline car it's just based on CO2 g/km). A very heavy diesel passenger vehicle might have 5-10 times the yearly tax of a small gasoline or hybrid shitbox.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Did they include the cost of replacing the batteries once they can't hold a charge anymore?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not an EV fan but ICE cars have many more components that fail than EVs.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah but it usually doesn't cost like $20,000

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You haven't see how much a stealership charges to replace an engine and transmission then

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's fricking hilarious, imagine the meltdown truck cucks would have if those were displayed here

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ireland still fricks over car owners
    More news at 8!

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>reminding morons how much money they're pissing away is somehow fricking them over

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>just stay in your pod, goy!

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>apple ipod reference
          Bro, nobody's used an ipod in a decade.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just wait 5 years when power is $1/kWh and intermittent.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *