Is a Challenger R/T (5.7l hemi) too slow? Or is the scatpack (6.4l hemi) required to feel any enjoyment? Thank you

Is a Challenger R/T (5.7l hemi) too slow? Or is the scatpack (6.4l hemi) required to feel any enjoyment?

Thank you
-Venkatramesh Gupta

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hello sar, R/T 5.7 Haymi is good for many reason.

- Less rupees
    - No premium fuel
    - More miles per gallon
    - Still sounds good and Divya will be impressed

Please consider buy 5.7 from Hertz Used Cars today

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It’s a heavy turd. Dodge is garbage.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I just need a comfy daily driver with a V8 and manual, I don't care about track times
      The challenger is better than the camaro and mustang in that respect

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The 5.7 is perfectly fine for that. A comfy couch gt that will still make you feel good about stomping on it.

That being said IF you plan on modding it, you already fricked up. Sure you can squeeze more power out of the 5.7 but from my bench racing analysis it's a lost cause in trying to make it catch up to the 392. Even with most of typical aftermarket mods of exhaust, headers, intakes (even some cams) will basically bring it up to what a STOCK 392 is already doing.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

which hemi is best for modding then assuming you will keep the car? if it ever breaks down i would be willing to put money into it for more power.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>which hemi is best for modding
            It's somewhat counter intuitive - the 5.7 is the "best" in regards to the sheer quantity and scope of modifications available, most if which it responds well too. However, the 392 engine is essentially just the factory souped up version of 5.7 anyways. So while you can mod a 5.7, all the work would just make it a slightly worse 6.4. The exception is if you plan on forced induction, the 5.7 will respond much better as the 6.4 is already hyper focused as a high output N/A motor.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This. For going n/a, the 392 can't be beat in stock trim vs a 5.7 with "full bolt on" headers, intake, and even a cam. The 5.7 under performs any where outside its optimal torque curve and don't really like to rev out past 6k. The best thing you can do is slap on a factory hellcat blower, make more power dollar for dollar.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I get much better passes revving to 6450 than setting up shift to 6k
            t. Cammed 5.7 owner

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'm in a similar boat, but I wouldn't mind having something more "tunable" for track use or sporty driving.

How bad of an idea would it be to try and get ahold of a 2005 or younger mustang?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Those Mustangs typically have 260hp. Not very much. The manual ones aren't very cheap either.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you get a SN95 or New Edge get a 4V.

[...]
            >Those Mustangs typically have 260hp. Not very much.
            They also only weigh 3200-3300lbs.
            >The manual ones aren't very cheap either.
            I got my Cobra for $6k.

New edge mustangs fricking suck.
            Oh wowee zowee almost 270 hp??? AND I get to enjoy one of the worst interiors ever made???

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

260hp is more than I got, and while I do want something sporty I'm not crazy about casing numbers.

[...]
            I got my Cobra for $6k.

I'm not that familiar with any of that, but I'll have to look those up. It ultimately depends on what's available in the NE US, but I think swapping in a coyote may not be off the table. But I'd have to be a lot more familiar with cars then

[...]
            New edge mustangs fricking suck.
            Oh wowee zowee almost 270 hp??? AND I get to enjoy one of the worst interiors ever made???

A good interior makes a world of difference, but I'm most certainly not going to daily it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Those Mustangs typically have 260hp. Not very much. The manual ones aren't very cheap either.

I got my Cobra for $6k.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cobras is usually double that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The ones that are priced over 10k and aren't Termi's usually sit for a while.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>GT gets walked by R/T 2/3 times
            >Mach 1 walks R/T
            How does 45hp make that big of a difference? The GT had more mods too.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>comfy daily driver
        >manual
        lmao

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Woman moment

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It is a PITA though

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Growing up my parents climbed the Challenger ladder. My first car given to me was a 5.7 which ultimately was traded by my parents for another SRT 392. Then I drove that through college.

The 5.7 will be just fine for you but for the difference in price the 6.4 will satisfy you much more.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You're a homosexual. Wanna know why?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because he posts Black personmobiles?

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How do you pronounce your name, sir?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what the frick does "scatpack" mean
    its literally just "shitpack" I don't understand
    does America not know what scat means? Does Dodge labelling their car as a shitpack mean they're aware their cars are shit?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>The term Scat Pack was first coined dates back to advertising in the late 1960s. 'Scat' refers to the term scat, as in “Get out of here!”. The 'Pack' part comes from Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack. Now, it indicates our vehicles that can cover a quarter-mile in less than 14 seconds

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I owned a Charger ScatPack for about 5 years and it was a blast as a daily driver. It’s fast but not so much that it’s unusable on the street. Compared to the 5.7, it scratches the go fast itch and gives you a taste of SRT go fast bits such as the Brembos, the faster shifting ZF8 and the other goodies. The 5.7 is perfectly fine but after riding in my ScatPack, my friends with 5.7s were wanting more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>t. Tyrone

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Meant to reply above. I’m not black but the stereotypes are so true, these cars attract blacks like moths to a flame. My white friends are still impressed with the car but the blacks at my work were giddy. For the record some Hispanics tried stealing it a few years back but I interrupted and chased them out of the garage, blacks did finally successfully steal it though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>my friends with 5.7s were wanting more.
      Yeah that's the thing I want a sort of "forever car" "keep it until it dies car" and I feel like the 5.7 would just leave me always wanting more.
      But with the 6.4 I don't think i'd ever desire a hellcat lol, that's only for drag racing or if you want to show off for clout.
      I also heard that the scat pack gets better brakes and stuff too.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I've owned my R/T for twelve years and I want more, but I'm not trading my girl. You can build these cars to be fricking stout. I'm planning to build the shit out of her. Billet heads, cam, Twin Screw, the whole nine yards.

You can toss a 392 cam into a 5.7L, tune it for 93 Octane, and get damn close to 392 power figures. The 5.7L has less issues in the long run, too.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I loved mine until it was stolen which then I upgraded to a Hellcat. The 392 is more approachable performance wise on the street, the Hellcat is constantly trying to light up the rears even at highway speed. Don’t get me wrong it’s a blast, but does take some of the fun out of it.

>faster shifting ZF8
        That's not an srt part, standard equipment replacing the venerable NAG1

I mean you get the sport and track shift settings in the ScatPack that you don’t get in the regular R/Ts. Mine was a 2018 so it might be different now as I only had normal and sport for my transmission but I know the later 392s like 2019 and up had more track settings that included the faster shifting track setting

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>I mean you get the sport and track shift settings in the ScatPack
          Ah gotcha. Yeah I forgot about the performance pages, launch control and all that. I think it varies a bit from year to year which packages included it.
          You can access some of those options with a tazer transmission tuner up to 2018 I believe, there's a difference in the ECU security after that year which makes the process more involved.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You can just buy a Tazer, OBDLink and AlfaOBD to enable all SRT features and drive modes on the base model cars.
          My V6 has the SRT "race" tcs mode with working brake vectoring, complete esp disable, and the full SRT gauge set. All you need to do is flip a couple options in the tazer to enable the faster shifting, autoblip, and SRT gauges, and use Alfaobd to set the chassis type code to 77 which fully enables "super trak pack" functionality on all 2012+ LX cars, allowing V8s to access the OEM line lock and full TCS disable the more expensive cars get.
          V6s can't use the trans brake because its disabled in the PCM but the Tazer's ABS hack implementation of it works fine.
          If you have an 8 inch Uconnect this will also enable Performance Pages and the customization settings therein.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I am so 6 of V6 cope, just slow, pigfat rental cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

at least I can drive my car daily without worrying about karens or rust you salty b***h

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The biggest cope in the history of V6 "Challenger" owners.
            You are honestly empirically the salty b***hes, I used to give thumbs ups to V6's but the nigs, women and pajeet renters driving them didn't wave back. Now I only wave to 392's or nicer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>faster shifting ZF8
      That's not an srt part, standard equipment replacing the venerable NAG1

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The R/T is what I put at the baseline of "fast". Any slower and you're driving a cuckbox. They're not particularly fast, but fast enough to enjoy. Even the older 5 Speed models can do 0-60 in 5.3 Seconds which is not too bad.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

New or nearly new, scat is better bang for buck, in the used market, you can scoop up a 5.7 for a shitton less than a 6.4. Especially if you look at the 4 door cars, you can get a decently clean 5.7 for 5k, you aren't getting any running 6.4 for under 15k. I got a 5.7 for cheap, did cam, boltons from a 6.4, few other mods and it now hits 60 in the lower 4s. Just depends what you want to do. There are plenty of modded 5.7s in the 10s, at least one stock bottom end 5.7 challenger has run 9s.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Extreme power figures are obtainable with a 5.7L. They're woefully overlooked engines because they are built to truck standards. People discount that these things were shoved in 2500s for a while and put in serious work. 1000 crank horsepower isn't a fantasy. It's the realm of serious money investment, but the potential is there. Doing a mild build with a cam and a centrifugal can get you to well over 600hp. Better valvetrain components, exhaust, and intake can get you to Hellcat figures and that's a known quantity. You're not even at risk of compromising the bottom end with sub-10PSI of boost.

The block itself can stand up to some serious power. You replace the rotating assembly on top of everything else I mentioned and you could seriously ass ravage a lot of folks with "jUsT aN r/T".

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>1000 crank horsepower isn't a fantasy
        It is unless you rebuild the motor.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Modernredhemi on YouTube was doing over 800 wheel fully stock bottom end, not even a ring gap

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>rebuild the motor.
          What do you mean by this term? Guy was talking about the block, no shit you have to do cam/heads etc to hit 1000hp

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Stock block 5.7L can make 1000hp, I'm fricking certain. Like

Modernredhemi on YouTube was doing over 800 wheel fully stock bottom end, not even a ring gap

says, there are plenty of notable ones making serious power just short of that mark with the stock bottom end. You add in a forged rotating assembly - maybe even a stroker kit to take it out to 392ci - and you're easily at that territory.

Granted, at that point, you've created Theseus' Hemi, but it's feasible. Feasible enough that it's my life's ambition for my Challenger. Not because it's reasonable or better than just buying a Hellcat, but because it's my fricking car and I'm going to be the fullest moron.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

sorry saar you will never be blackBlack person
    do not redeem

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's too big, you can't even see toddlers over that hood. Think of the niglets

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's a car for browns. Guy in my apartment complex has that car and he's brown.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Every single car in history has had a brown person drive it. Your car has a brown owner somewhere.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>All these homosexuals saying you can get a 5.7 chally for 15k

I dare you to find ONE (1) in Michigan for that money with less than 80k miles, no accidents or theft record, cmon you can't.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Michigan
      No one cares about your state. Actual humans with rights and dignity are speaking.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Says the poorgay living on flyover states LMAO

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

michigan is a flyover state moron
          anything between memphis and vegas is flyover
          as a tennessean I would even say the eastern flyover line starts at knoxville.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You guys run regular or midgrade in your r/ts?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Usually ran 87 no issue, now do 93 due to mods

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *