is expensive

How much money do I need to make a year to be able to get into DA?
To not just have a very cheap daily drive and afford just the most basic service and fixes.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

more than you can afford pal

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I make €28k a year and own 2 cars. That's basically taking up all my income though. I still live with my parents because moving out would have me living paycheck to paycheck in some tiny apartment

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

based multi-generational household enjoyer. although in my case i have just the one car. have another but under parents name, they hardly use it though so it's a decent backup.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Well you can get a shitbox for pennies and use it to learn how to wrench and boom you are into DA. My used market is probably the worst in the EU but i can get a Mazdaspeed or a n54 in somewhat decent condition for aprox. 5k euroshekels. There are people that spend more than that in a year for junkfood.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Should I get a 5K car for a daily driver?
      I find checking used cars complicated. Too many things that could be broken and go wrong while seemingly looking fine at first.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Should I get a 5K car for a daily driver?
        You could but it wouldn't be a fun car. Friend of mine got a very clean '94 civic for 3k and it works fine.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Too expensive.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

break bad
    get bikie best freinds
    ????

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dxr
    i make 30k a year n live with parents and i saved up 8k in 9 months to buy a car and events like car meets are free and some car shows are cheap to watch. I mostly see no-car people than people with a car at meets ngl

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

t. guy who shows up to meet in regular traffic

Frick OFF bro... tired of your kind coming to meets.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What the frick do you mean in regular traffic

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>>>/n/
          gtfo

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

as long as they don't act like ass hats who cares

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Average DA homosexual is a wrenchlet buspass owner
    You will fit right in as is

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you own a car you're already one step ahead most of DA

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

where do you live? whats the used car market like? what's you daily driving routine like? how many miles a day? city or highway?

pretty much this too

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

UK. Work is 2 miles from home. And about 2.5 for downtown. Church is 45 mins by bus in Sundays though. I can't deal with it.
        Tax and expenses are shitty I suppose in the UK.

Whatever the cost of a bus pass is in your city my friend

Bus pass is £400 a year. I have a free bus pass from work but it's still miserable most of the time. Especially going out on evenings or weekends.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I have a free bus pass from work
          Congratulations, you're a certified DAutist!

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

my condolences

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>UK
          Rangeban when

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'm in the US but i did a quick search with a random postal code and this car's only like 2g's and its a '07 so pre nanny state BS and low miles

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-70336483/?i=0&m=sr

doesnt seem too hard, unless insurance and registration and all that shit is way more tighter in the UK

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>unless the UK is a dystopian nanny state
            anon, you're not gonna believe this

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

just do what all the minorities do over here in the US and dont even register or have insurance

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There are some nice things on Facebook marketplace but I don't know how to check the cars. Take it to a mechanic, self inspect and all that. That's my downfall and I end up buying new things and cars missing out something nice.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

in the US you can find mechanics/shops that do PPC inspections for 100 bucks or so. they'll give you a run down on if anything looks like shit or if the cars worth it. or just immerse yourself and get into wrenching, it's not as hard as it seems, just tedious and time consuming. diagnosing is the hardest/skillfull part

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This. Learning the wrenching isn't even the hard part. The hard part is still.... being able to afford replacement parts.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the hard part is having room for all the parts and tools somewhere thats accessible unless you live in the middle of nowhere (which probably leaves you with low income)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>UK
          get fricked moron, part and parcel

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>2 miles
          Buy a used bicycle for 50 pounds

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Cant you purchase a manual transmission 1000cc shitbox for £500? Always heard europe had a very strong affordable shitbox market

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Britain has the cheapest used market in europe because their steering wheels are on the wrong side.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

C1/Aygo/107s are dirt cheap and reliable. £2k will get you a decent one. If you want to yob in your local McDonalds car park then a Mk7 Fiesta ST is cheap these days.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

bout tree fiddy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Damn you loch Ness monster, I ain't giving you no tree fiddy

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I make 150
    >paying the wrenchlet tax
    Very expensive

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Whatever the cost of a bus pass is in your city my friend

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Move to Russia and start buying up junked blyatmobiles to weld together into a tank.

Probably need like $5K max

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are so many high end cars cheap? You can find Porsche, Bentley, BMW with less than 6-8K.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>high end

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

oh let me guess they're really not high end?
        Always the poorest of poorgays who larp as discerning rich snobs

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

"There's nothing more expensive than a cheap german car"

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>$5800 foxbody mustang
    >$5000 in ebay turbo parts, drivetrain, and suspension mods
    there you go gay more power and fun than you can handle. and that includes all the tools I had to buy. btw an old liter bike is going to be faster, cheaper, and won't need mods

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Become a shitbox enthusiast. You Can be poor AF and have 10 cars. ( One of them even works)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is that really your yard?
      What’s the point of having a bunch of transportation machines that can’t transport you anywhere because they can’t move?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What's the point of having a dick when you get no b***hes?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its my brother's place. One of our cars breaks near their property we just drag it over there. No point in scrapping them unless they are 100+ miles away. They are used as portable sheds to store dog food and water and clothes or shoes. Plus if ever your 1977 Toyota or ford pickup breaks down near his place, his dogs will run out to attack you and not let you have any parts from our 1977 Toyota or ford pickup

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Kek it looks trashy as frick but that’s actually really fricking smart.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It is trashy as frick But they own over 100 acres of land, so only 1% is trashy.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

based and tweekerpilled
            I love meeting tweekers in the desert they're always so interesting

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Hes not a tweeker, hes just autistic.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Get closer to affording entry level version of my dream car
    >Even the used models have doubled in price last few years
    I swear to god...

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Buy old car for 4k in good condition
    >Immediately spend 10k for small but all-rounded gains
    Either you set aside a budget or you just drive the car.
    Toptip: Buy tools as needed, wrench yourself. Half the time on standard maintenance items, the parts cost $100 and the labour is $500 - that's $400 you could have spent on more parts! No savings NO SAVINGS.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Spend 2.5-5k usd
    Then spend 200 usd month on gas/ insurance

Alternatively get into 2 wheels

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes it's expensive when you are a normoid who doesn't wrench.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

not OP, but how do i go from busrider to wrencher if I don't have some old guy in my family who knows about cars and trucks?

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You need to be a code monkey and make 100k working at home

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My first true shitbox was $400, it was a Mazda 3 with 280k. Had it for 6 months. Sold it with almost 300k for $800.

Then rinse and repeat. I’d say you need $1000 minimum nowadays to get a running Japanese car that you can upgrade after a bit.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dont wanna go into specifics but I did the math last year and realized that 1/5 of my monthly paycheck (after taxes) goes into my car. thats way to much. a whole day of the week is just so I can afford the car that I only use to go to work, that doesnt make any sense. Sold the car and started only working 4 days a week and now I am pretty much the same way off. I am 100% certain other people are worse.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but now you're going to spend 3 days per week being bored not driving places. Cars are kinda expensive but totally worth it. Plus if ever you need to go somewhere, its going to cost lots of time and money to uber/bus around.

Also there are 3x12 or 4x10 work schedules. I did 3/4 days a week for a long time and had some time to go places.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>How much money do I need to make a year to be able to get into DA?
    That's a pretty loaded question, kinda depends on a lot of factors. Assuming you live in the USA and somewhere that isn't terribly expensive, I couldn't in good conscience recommend the DAtist life unless you were earning well over six figures. If you're below that benchmark you're better off focusing on your career to get the income up, then build a good asset base to start with (house with a garage, savings in the bank, etc).

For what it's worth I make about the equivalent of 100k USD/year in a different country. I take public transport for the most part and avoid driving as much as possible.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That's lame and gay. My brother makes $0 per year and he has 10 cars and lots of land. Honestly I don't know how he does it, I thought he would run out of money.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Because he already has a decent tract of land to work with and therefore doesn't have to pay for it, and if you're who I think you are with the autist brother he has like ten cars in various states of disrepair that he uses as mobile sheds to store shit in rather than bothering to maintain them in decent working order. Nothing difficult about living on food stamps and making 15k/year as a scrap metal merchant when all you're doing with your vehicles is quite literally letting them rot into the ground.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hes not a car enthusiast tho. Hes just an autistic wierdo who multiplies dogs so that they can play in the highway. You can go buy 20 acres of land in that area for like $20k. And the dogs cant damage your car if you dont slow down. you can have a shed delivered from the shed dealership if you dont have broken shitboxes. Its literally cheaper to buy that than renting a decent apartment. We just give him a functional shitbox whenever he ruins the previous one. He would have 40 cars but some of them blew up too far from the property and we sold them to scrapyards or subaru enthusiasts.

But suppose you make $30k per year. You could totally live out there have cars, motorcycles, whatever. Especially if you have a friend or spouse who works with you

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

join us shitbox self repair gang and you can basically just NEET while DAing

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *