is fuel economy ever important to americans? >gas is cheap as frick. >wages are high

is fuel economy ever important to americans?

>gas is cheap as frick
>wages are high
>you can fill up your tank with just 2 or 3 hrs of min wage work

I cant imagine living like this, in my shithole filling up your tank can take up to a whole weeks wage. how does it feel to basically have infinite fuel? I wish i was american so fricking bad.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>is fuel economy ever important to americans?
    Sometimes, and usually at arbitrary points. If you're fricking poor and don't have much money then yeah, $10 is all you got and need to get to work or school for the week its important, but not enough to run out and buy another vehicle.
    When gas is $1.50 a gallon nobody gives a frick. People will, and I'm not making this up, leave their car running in the parking lot to keep cool in the summer or warm in the winter.
    When gas spikes to $3.50 (or higher) some will head to the dealership and trade in their vehicle for something that gets 2mpg better mileage and think they're saving money.
    Some will buy a tesla and declare they're saving thousands by never buying gasoline or oil changes and completely disregard the disastrous depreciation or bankrupting repairs.

In the US and in general, you have to be a destitute loser to be concerned with how much you're spending on gas. If you're buying $30 of bullshit inside the gas station and asking for $10 on pump 6 you're an idiot. Normal people stick their card in, put the nozzle in, and let it fill all the way up and sighing when you realize you've put $80 into your SUV to combust.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The americans have the memory of a goldfish. As soon as gas prices go down they buy gas guzzlers again.
      Then repeat when the next crisis comes.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

IQ of a goldfish too. Even if you swapped your 20mpg vehicle out with one that gets 50mpg, you're probably not going to drive the 250,000+ miles in it to recoup the cost of buying a new vehicle.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

American here.

Yep, a solid 60/40 of people are like that. They'll spend $50 a day on scratchers then complain they don't have enough money for rent. It's even worse when they go out and buy "a fuel efficient car to save money". It's like they genuinely don't realize that buying cars costs money.
      "What do you mean buying this brand new $40k SUV isn't good for my finances?? It gets slightly better mileage than the old one!"

The americans have the memory of a goldfish. As soon as gas prices go down they buy gas guzzlers again.
      Then repeat when the next crisis comes.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. There are thousands if not millions of americans out there who will do something like buy a 30yo 3/4 ton pickup, only ever use it to drive to work and back, and then complain because the gas price went from $2.50 to 3.50.

IQ of a goldfish too. Even if you swapped your 20mpg vehicle out with one that gets 50mpg, you're probably not going to drive the 250,000+ miles in it to recoup the cost of buying a new vehicle.

250k miles, with a 20mpg car vs a 50mpg car, is 7500 gallons difference. That's $22.5k. You can get a used prius for half, if not 1/3, of that. And that's not even factoring in what you'd get for selling the 20mpg car.

Not to mention that most people will buy a new car every 2-5 years regardless

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>used prius
        that's not new.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

If you want your car to say 2024 on it, cough up the money and stop complaining.

Otherwise, live within your means and cry about it.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Carless urbanite hands typed this

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I shouldn't be surprised that you, a moron, genuinely cannot comprehend someone like me who buys cars, in cash, as a tool to get from A to B.

Live within your means, and cry about it.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You forgot that our streets are paved with gold OP.
    The reality of American car ownership is less awesome when you consider the actual everyday locations 90% of people get to drive (I'm in one of the awesome places with infinite mountain passes and canyons and practically zero population) and also that the sheer size of the country and our cities basically requires owning some kind of transportation even in places with functioning public transit which is laughably rare. To get to the nearest real city you have maybe heard of I would have to cross an entire state and drive for five hours, to get to LA, because you definitely know about Hollywood, would take me over a day even with huge freeways and minimal stops.
    Gas is cheap sure, but you still throw significant resources at ownership in general even though it is accessible to even the poorest poorgays who can scrape up $1000 and somehow get a scrap heap road legal and registered/insured if they feel like following rules.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>You forgot that our streets are paved with gold OP.

they literally are, though
      youve just been living too long (all your life) there that you dont notice it anymore. America is literally life in easy mode with cheat codes activated.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Even on easy mode I noticed the difference in driving my full size American truck and my euro market hatchback commuter car.
        Americans simply get to choose their own adventure in regards to how impractical or efficient they want to travel, especially in freedom states that don't care what you drive or how safe it is or how much smoke its dumping out the modified straight pipes. Just because you can take the taxi or uber in Vegas doesn't mean you shouldn't just get the Limo and live a little.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>doesn't mean you shouldn't take a limo and live a little
          Nobody says people shouldn't live fancy if they want, we're just saying that if you blow money you don't have on hiring limos, you shouldn't come b***hing to everyone because you're broke.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>America is literally life in easy mode with cheat codes activated
        being a good looking girl in america would basically just be watching a movie. or watching someone else play the game for you

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>economy is frick
    >commute is long
    >gas $3.00
    Hotel... Indiana

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That's not true at all. Here on the west coast, minimum wage workers have to spend a whole day's pay to fill up a 200L gas tank. Makes it tough to rock the suburban that cost me 2 pay checks.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, but the ones that do are moronic about it typically.
    >wagie coworker buys brand new asiaticshit CUV
    >can barely make payments
    >barely owned a few months and already looking to trade it in on some (also brand new) hybrid CUV instead
    Meanwhile my fleet of V8s is paid off and I don't even think about fuel costs since upkeep/insurance is minimal. No point saving a thousand or two over a year in fuel when you're paying $500+ a month on payments

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Is fuel economy ever important to americans?
    Yeah I get a high when I save money. It feels good to not spend too much. I'm cheap, and that's a good thing.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because when I'm in my TRUCK I am the invincible ruler of the road. I buy the 6.7L so everyone in my suburb knows I"M the boss and they know that I could be country if I wanted to. My spotlessly clean TRUCK, which in truth, I don't really need or have a use for, is a powerful symbol, indicative of my economic dominance among lesser beings. And as a resourceful American, I take pride in knowing that I COULD handle any tough truck situation that arises, even if it never does. Additionally, if any are so foolish as to cross my path, the fates of lesser vehicles and pedestrians are sealed. It's the end they chose. I care not about fuel economy, "Economy" doesn't enter the equation when I already took out a 96 month loan on $80,000 on 8,000 pounds of all American steel. Tell me son, what shits do I give about the price of diesel? From atop my high castle, my mobile command battleship, I look down upon your poor little econo box, so pitifully designed for maximum "efficiency" at the expense of your happiness. When I am in my TRUCK, I am in command. Yes, I am in a hurry, because my time is more valuable than yours, as evidenced by the amount I'm willing to invest in my personal transport. As such, I have the power to part traffic before me like I'm Moses himself. As they say, the higher the truck, the closer to God. My elevated position puts me nearer the clouds, in the company of angels, whilst you grovel in the dirt amongst the snakes and spiders. You and I are not the same.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A fair amount of people do care about fuel economy in america since you kinda have to own a car to make a living here, so if they don't particularly like driving they get the car thats the cheapest to keep running.
    Gas is cheap enough that I don't care about daily driving my 15MPG shitbox because its only like $50 a week to fill it up. But a lot of people would rather spend half of that and have more money for going out or something I guess. I've never been in a position where that extra $25 a week would actually be needed.
    Also I know some people that live in butt frick nowhere that have to drive an hour one way to their job, and they obviously care about full economy when driving to work burns half a tank of gas in their big trugg.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's 5 dollars a gallon here, but I personally enjoy riding a motorcycle and riding my bike so it's not a huge issue.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Obviously not, it's why they have such a hard on for a v8 and yes, I am mad about it.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

this thread shows americans have an even bigger case of "i have to show my neighbors i can afford expensive shit" instead of just buying things they can actually afford than people here. correct me if im wrong though because thats what it looks like to me.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

All I see is Euromutts projecting their inferiority complexes.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>nobody starts shit just a bunch of anons talking
        >meximorph american finds the need to talk shit
        >Euromutts
        the irony is lost on you

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You're wrong because buying a more expensive car doesn't mean better or worse fuel mileage. You're making an erroneous assumption that I bought a $100,000 vehicle that gets worse mileage because its bigger and heavier and that'd really show my neighbors how rich I am instead of a used geo metro for $1000. No, the $100k vehicle is simply nicer and saving on fuel when our incomes are high would be a little silly.

That or its euros extremely devastated to find out they have to live like paupers they are while Americans don't give much thought about $50-100 a week in fuel.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

is he ok?

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's like looking into bizarro-world when checking out the USA. Gas is cheap as frick, but that's because there's no other way of getting around. Wages are high, but there are a shitload of "hidden" fees. The obvious one is health insurance, but car insurance costs more too. When you do your weekly shop you don't know how much you're paying until they add tax on at the till.

Back to cars. In the UK, right now, we're paying £1.44 a litre. that's $6.97 a US gallon. Our cars tend to be more efficient though, at around 32mpg(US) national average, while the US is at 25mpg. We're paying a hell of a lot more to drive, but we don't need to drive anywhere near as much as Americans.
    It's because of how empty everything is over there. You drive 2 miles before you even get to some kind of commercial area, and it'll be a combination Pizza Hut Taco Bell. You drive on average 5 miles to a Walmart. You want to go to a city centre? That's a chunk of your morning spent driving there and back, and between one store and the next there's a parking lot in the way, so you end up driving between those too, since 22% of a city centre is taken up by places to park.
    Going to work? The average commute is 41 miles a day.

It's a national commitment to making you need a car to do literally anything, because there's frick all you can go by foot. You don't drive because you want to, you drive because you need to, and that's why driving is so cheap.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Keep importing diversity as a national pastime and you’ll soon understand the car-centric way of life in the US.
      Unfortunately the UK doesn’t have the space needed for diversity avoidance sprawl.
      (Hopefully your reply to this post doesn’t land you in wrong-think jail)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Good job bringing up immigrants in a conversation where they're completely irrelevant. You've managed to make yourself sound like a globohomosexual obsessed schizo quite efficiently.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

no OP you've been watching too much ~~*TV*~~ and talking to a completely non-representative sample of amerifats
    /o/, reddit, and youtube are not reality
    outside the SMALL and irrelevant enthusiast and extreme truggold minorities, muh fuel economy / anti-car hysteria is nearly as strong in the USA as it is in Europe
    the baseline is different - maybe eurogays/thirdies consider 30 mpgs good, while amerifats would consider 25 good, and enthusiasts/truggolds think 20 is good

also, our insurance companies penalize you for every additional cylinder (regardless of displacement or power or fuel economy) and many many metropolitan jurisdictions have displacement surcharges

even the average truggold is MPG-conscious, that's why moronic little baby twucks like the maverick exist
    that's what they get for allowing the israelites to all but kill turbodiesels which would get them >30 mpg easily

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>even the average truggold is MPG-conscious, that's why moronic little baby twucks like the maverick exist
      euromuslims seething they can't get a 45mpg hybrid truck

15. 1 month ago
    s10fag

No, see the other comments in this thread.

I bought a geo metro, swindled the fricking guy, and its still going to take 20,000 miles to break even on the purchase over driving my tahoe everywhere. Most Americans barely break that in a year. I did the math, to get a lease on a new mirage, max out the milage with fuel and maintenance cost, its around 500 a month for 0 risk transportation in a perpetually new car. That's 20 cents a mile insurance gas oil tires and lease. Should be a best seller with poorgays but poorgays arent poor because theyre intelligent.

If you ever want to see what technology matters look at commercial vehicles. Low displacement per gvw, no gimmick tech, no cvts, its basic b***h shit. None of that is ever economically viable, at least right now.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have never cared about fuel mileage. I buy the vehicle I want. Sometimes it only gets 11 mpg. That's fine. I don't care.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Of course it's important. I like to keep my money, not light it on fire. There's a balance, though. I want to have a sports car that can go relatively fast and make V8 noises, but I want it to also get north of 20mpg. My Challenger achieves this. I also want an old beater work truck with 4x4 that can run trails and pull a trailer while still getting 20mpg highway. My First Gen Cummins achieves this.

I'm not going to cuck myself into a three cylinder econobox for 60mpg and zero fun. I can live with filling up my tank once a week, but not much more than that.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *