Is HP more important than displacement and drive configuration? >240 HP FWD 4 cylinder Turbo Sedan. or

Is HP more important than displacement and drive configuration?
>240 HP FWD 4 cylinder Turbo Sedan
or
>215 HP RWD V8 Sedan

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

haven't we been over this already? miatas are GAY as FRICK, but something so slow wouldn't be called fun by almost everyone if it wasn't RWD.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you can go fast HP matters, if you are always going under 55mph then Torque matters way more. Torque moves vehicle, bhp is vehicle's ability to utilize its power output to spin crank fast enough to overcome forces of the atmosphere.

However cars should be valued by the relation of dimension of travel of (pistons/kilojuelsOpower)/curbweight
    Like Ferraris get a 10 or 12 on this scale.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Horsepower is how fast you hit the crowd outside the car show, torque is how far you drag the bodies

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Only women and trannies would pick the FWD shitheap over a proper RWD.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. Hondagays on suicide watch, excluding S2K owners.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

id pass on the gay wheel drive sis

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

HP/weight>>>>>>>

[...]

>>>HP/L

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my 135hp stickshift firebird is probably more fun than a 200hp turbo 4 banger

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'd sooner whip a 1 ton 100hp manual RWD 80s shitbox than a 200+hp fwd understeer shit

based, post it

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/WpWH2Ka.jpg

Czechd, firebro

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No. You can't have fun in a FWD.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>You can't have fun in a FWD

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The second option any day of the week

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

that 215hp v8 makes more torque at idle than your shitbox i4 makes at redline
    not only that, but for a paltry sum that anemic v8 can easily deliver over 300 to the wheels. v8s make good gains per dollar invested. i4s do not

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Weird cope, but you're still getting gapped by stock GTIs

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Still mad about your other thread?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

a k series is going to make decent torque and far more power per dollar than any v8 except for literally the best v8s like the LS or coyote. any small block made after 74 is leagues behind a k24 in price per dollar for making power. Literally $1000 gets you 400+hp. $1000 for your anemic small block is getting you some headers and red chevy valve covers. Other i4's like 4g's sr20's, ka24's, ea888, and even chevy's own ecotec 4's are plenty capable of 400 with very little done to the internals if at all. This isn't the 70s. We have fuel injection and now.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

entire post is derangement
        >Literally $1000 gets you 400+hp
        if you fabricate literally everything yourself and buy eBay parts sure
        a 302 gets to 300hp with an intake and heads off an suv out of a junkyard, most v8s will make 400 with a good cam

Weird cope, but you're still getting gapped by stock GTIs

what's there to cope about, not driving a gti? lmao

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>t. boomer who thinks his 383 stroker makes 450 to the wheels on a tune

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

zoomers are so delusional they think 450hp out of a stroked 6.2l v8 is hard to attain apparently

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>has to completely rebuild his engine to for 400hp
            Laughs in k24

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Are you under the impression there's NA K24s out there with 400hp that haven't been "completely rebuilt"? Or are you pretending like you can use FI on a V8?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

can't use*

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm not sure you can even buy a 383 crate engine that makes less than 450hp

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>t. boomer who thinks his 383 stroker makes 450 to the wheels on a tune

Are you literally moronic? Junkyard Explorer GT40 heads/intake is a super common upgrade for foxbodies and is a known quantity. Even with the stock E7 heads 302s respond well to simple bolt ons. Get your head out of your ass ricer.
        https://www.corral.net/threads/stock-cam-stock-heads-gt40-intake-dyno-numbers.2498663/

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Literal delusion. Even an anaemic 318 in a Dodge Aspen from 77 can achieve better performance by just stripping the smog bullshit off, swapping in some better jets, adjusting timing, and lopping off the mufflers. For a grand into that build, you can toss in a cam and a better carb and get 350 crank horsepower pretty fricking easily.

https://i.imgur.com/kuLPzG2.png

Is HP more important than displacement and drive configuration?
        >240 HP FWD 4 cylinder Turbo Sedan
        or
        >215 HP RWD V8 Sedan

Drive configuration is probably the single most important metric when it comes to performance. RWD is always superior in every single category. Torque steer is an affront to God and a sin punishable by understeering into a ditch. After that is weight, and most cuckboxes you could get for the price of said 1977 Dodge Aspen would have a far, FAR inferior power to weight ratio after the $15 bucks worth of jets and some sawzalling.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Which one is most quiet? I would choose that one

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what kinda gay question is this?
    the rwd v8 sedan obviously

12. 2 months ago
    Panda5

>Is HP more important than displacement and drive configuration?
    Everyone knows peak hp is meaningless.
    You've got gear ratios, diff ratio, and the hp at every other point in the rev range. Weight, too.
    Peak HP / Tq numbers don't mean shit.
    And if you like doing stunts then drivetrain config is everything.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

god I wish that were me

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

god I wish that were me

Sometimes I fantasize about Misato coming home drunk and kicking me in the ribs until I cannot breathe then she starts apologizing and crying as she strokes my hair, coddling me in her arms, the memory of our unborn childs miscarriage weighing up on both our consciousness' as the hormonal changes instigated to raise our young are activated in this time of stress she starts lactating and in an unspoken understanding she has me nurse upon her milk swollen breasts, we have both come to have a dependency on the endorphins this activity provides. The alcohol makes her warm milk taste slightly bitter, but to me it's the sweetest thing in the world

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

same

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What is wrong with you

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It just kept getting worse the more I read

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

You're the homosexual here.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

as long as the HP is "enough" I will always opt for more cylinders and less forced induction over even more HP

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have math for that, here is fwd car with 240 crank on an average day

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And here is a rwd with 215 crank. Only difference, besides hp, is another 200lbs and a lower race coefficient. I have a ton of these coefficients for all types of cars and took an average of turbo fwd and NA rwd cars to use. In short, would be close from a dog, the fwd would likely win off a roll.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/eFOMPJl.jpg

And here is a rwd with 215 crank. Only difference, besides hp, is another 200lbs and a lower race coefficient. I have a ton of these coefficients for all types of cars and took an average of turbo fwd and NA rwd cars to use. In short, would be close from a dog, the fwd would likely win off a roll.

>fwd and rwd have the same drivetrain losses

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's not as big of a deal as gearing, but that guy is running off of some real over-simplifications.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's not so oversimplified as you think. When compared to dynos and timeslips online, is usually within .15 at a given DA. The race coefficient act as an aggregate of gearing and other factors, averaging it out from several similar cars gets you pretty close

[...]
          >fwd and rwd have the same drivetrain losses

Fine, recalcd using 240 and 215 whp (crank hp isn't actually used in the time equations), got 15.25 for fwd and 15.28 for the rwd car. So, same as before, near identical from dig but probably that fwd car from a roll.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's easy, but what if

>>240 HP RWD 4 cylinder Turbo Sedan
    vs
    >215 HP FWD V8 (lol) Sedan

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sure, running above equations for 240whp rwd 4 cylinder vs 215whp fwd v8, the rwd car does 14.31, the fwd v8 does 15.9

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Sure, running above equations for 240whp rwd 4 cylinder vs 215whp fwd v8, the rwd car does 14.31, the fwd v8 does 15.9

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no argument
      I accept your concession. Don't reply to me again until you make at least 125k

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't reply 'til you pass thermodynamics and differential equations as a teenager.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Done and done. Lol you are a homosexual.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nice, also no, vanilla af straight guy.
            How about we use the integral of torque over the useable rev range multiplied by final drive as a standard in stead of peak power?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I actually have that in python already. It uses the torque curve and finds wheel force and air drag at each rpm, it even will do gear changes. Funny thing about all that is that the simpler empiric equation posted above is almost always more accurate when compared to timeslips. It's a quirk of engineering that simplified rules tend to get better results than trying to male the math accurately describe what is happening.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>python
            Hey, that's what I spend half of my time at doing work (test engineering) for a US auto company. Good shit, but too easy and no brackets lol.
            Yeah, the equation above works most of the time, sure. But it doesn't work for gearing outliers and says nothing about how the cars feel to drive.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I can think of no better way to answer OPs question. In the quarter, for average examples of listed cars, they will cross the line at almost the exact same time, fwd probably winning by a car length

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You're not wrong for most cars which do fall into the equation no matter the drivetrain, until you get to the 11s or so where RWD becomes a significant advantage.
            Me? I like doing throttle powerslides and stoplight burnouts on my way to work, so FWDs doing well at drag pulls doesn't make we want them.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Displacement gives a rough, ROUGH estimate of the torque curve and potential torque reserve. Drive layout depends mainly on weight distribution although RWD is to be favored due to the dynamic weight distribution found in road vehicles.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it was always about weight
    stop buying fat ugly cars (i added the ugly part)

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Not my fault I like them thicc

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Balance and proper gearing is more important.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *