is it a bad idea to buy a jimny if i have no plans to ever go off roading?

is it a bad idea to buy a jimny if i have no plans to ever go off roading? I just like how it looks and it seems like a good reliable fuel efficient city car.

Also the fact that it gets shilled here super hard makes me feel like its the only benefit ill ever have from otherwise living in a horrible shithole country

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>he wants a car named Jim
    Lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

from a non-emotional point of view: it costs more than a corolla, it's comparably uncomfortable, unstable at high speeds, has worse gas mileage, has much less internal space and less cargo space, worse finishing, less safe, should I go on? Its point is being capable offroad.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Have you driven one?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

b***h I've owned one.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Oh an old one. So your opinion isn't valid.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Post yours then.
            Their fundamentally no different and the entire selling point of the "new" Jimny, that being it's an old school bare bones basic offroader with minimal electrics that handle like an ox cart.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's entirely different moron. Larger, safer, more powerful, and just all around better

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

nice wheels homosexual

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks moron

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it looks way cooler than a corolla tho, and i think looks definetily matter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much all this. If they come out with the 4 door in my country then I would pull the trigger on it but the 2 door is just too limited on space. I currently have a Pajero IO and knock the transmission cradle and control arms on rocks every day but at least I can carry 4-5 people and a little cargo.

https://i.imgur.com/vXvSQCX.jpg

b***h I've owned one.

There is noticably more space inside than that gen though.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it's a great city car, just not the most performant or comfy like a sport coupe or sedan on the highway, for inner city use however it's excellent.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

yes because eventually when you sell it someone who needs a 4wd can buy it for cheap

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you are just using it in a city it's fine.
    Motorway journeys will be terrible though.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's pretty tiny and can tip over easily, that's not a meme. If you try to do something a car could easily do and follow the same lines you would in a car, you're gonna fricking tip. It's a niche vehicle that they only recently made slightly more comfy for on road driving. My main gripe is It's too expensive for what it is, and too short to the point you can't lay down in the back of it.

The best small offroader is the Toyota Landcruiser 70 and the Prado 2-door which are still in production, just not in gay countries with totalitarian regulations. Jimny is supposed to be a cheap wind up car offroader but they push too far with the current prices. A Wrangler is not much more, but definitely less efficient.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

look fine here

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They're entering into that at 77kmph (~45mph) so this is a street test, and it still suffers a complete loss of control where sometimes 3 wheels come off the ground. In all cases so mucb force is put on the leading wheel it presses against the well and slows the car down, it's coming out of the maneuver at around 15kmph with no brakes applied. This isn't good, but it's not horrific... for street driving. A car would do much better on this test at street speed. The Jimny would absolutely flip if a swerve maneuver like that were necessary at highway speed, it's not safe as a highway vehicle and you can look up numerous reviews of people driving it on the highway saying how unstable it feels.

The Landcruiser 2door or older 2door Rav4 is a better bet for on road safety.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

NTA, but try reading the subtitles, they say the car slows down because of the nannies.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

a heavier SUV doing that manoeuvre at highway speeds would lead to worse loss of control, here's the RAV4...

If you want a car which feels planted to the road at high speeds then get a sports coupe. Also the classic Defender is worse than the Jimny when it comes to handling, wobbling and ride comfort but nobody complains about those, know what you are getting and drive it appropriately.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Due to the heavier back, yes it's at a greater risk of sliding. That's also the hybrid which has the heavy battery in the back, hybrids are at a high spin risk, I nearly went 360 on the freeway in a company Prius at like 85.

The badge is blue and it's the hybrid trim, so yeah that's a spin machine, though a longer wheelbase vehicle is always at a greater risk for spin hence why trucks spin out on freeways. My point was rhe Jimny was a roll risk not a spin/slide risk, and the Rav4 had all 4 wheels on the ground at least.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>That's also the hybrid which has the heavy battery in the back, hybrids are at a high spin risk
            What a load of bullshit, the battery is usually inside the wheelbase. In the Prius it is and it weighs less than 100 kg

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're thinking of a full EV, hybrids have them under the trunk or rear passenger seat. You can definitely feel how it affects the weight distribution and handling, it's one of the first things you notice when driving a hybrid car. Feels like hauling around a heavy ass rock in the trunk. When you put something heavy in your trunk, you can definitely feel it's there. Now imagine it's an even heavier chunk that's always there. You definitely feel it and I've experienced it causing a fishtail at high speeds.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nope, I'm talking about Toyota hybrids and the Prius specifically.
            >under rear passenger seat
            Inside the wheelbase, as I said
            >Feels like hauling around a heavy ass rock in the trunk
            >You definitely feel it
            The battery assembly weighs less than your mom, moron, and, contrary to her, does not raise the center of gravity.
            > I've experienced it causing a fishtail at high speeds.
            In a fricking Prius? Bullshit. Either a skill issue or a mechanical problem like shot suspension.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's not just hybrids, check any larger SUV in that channel, they all fail the emergency manoeuvre and lose control on the first try - the only one which matters since you don't get second chances in a real world scenario - whereas the Jimny doesn't even if it looked funny, the commentator even says that the driver felt no risk of losing control and that's with those stock bicycle tires.

You can make the argument than in case of a crash you'll be safer in any other bigger 4x4 and i agree, but nobody buys such cars for their handling or aerodynamic qualities.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

how do you think this is fine? you must not know spanish, the guy is trashing the car.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Because my expectations aren't unrealistic, check some other 4x4's from that channel, none of them do great on the emergency manoeuvre test.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you're about that

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

*right

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You and this image again. Yes we understand you just figured this out. Congrats on bringing yourself up to date. Also the Prado is straight up half as big again in all dimensions compared to the Jimny and 25% larger than the 70 2 door.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They're unironically great city cars. Decent enough cargo space if you fold down the useless rear seats, excellent turning circle, excellent visibility, tiny as frick so you can park anywhere and I've had a few times where I've driven into the bicycle lane to squeeze into a turn that I would have had to wait for because of traffic.

>complains about the jimnys price
      >posts a fricking land cruiser, the kings of being overpriced for what they are
      fricking lol

They're entering into that at 77kmph (~45mph) so this is a street test, and it still suffers a complete loss of control where sometimes 3 wheels come off the ground. In all cases so mucb force is put on the leading wheel it presses against the well and slows the car down, it's coming out of the maneuver at around 15kmph with no brakes applied. This isn't good, but it's not horrific... for street driving. A car would do much better on this test at street speed. The Jimny would absolutely flip if a swerve maneuver like that were necessary at highway speed, it's not safe as a highway vehicle and you can look up numerous reviews of people driving it on the highway saying how unstable it feels.

The Landcruiser 2door or older 2door Rav4 is a better bet for on road safety.

>you can look up numerous reviews of people driving it on the highway saying how unstable it feels.
      funny because I've got a lifted jimny that's much older and it feels stable enough to me at 110km/h

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>110km/h
        Slow.

Nope, I'm talking about Toyota hybrids and the Prius specifically.
        >under rear passenger seat
        Inside the wheelbase, as I said
        >Feels like hauling around a heavy ass rock in the trunk
        >You definitely feel it
        The battery assembly weighs less than your mom, moron, and, contrary to her, does not raise the center of gravity.
        > I've experienced it causing a fishtail at high speeds.
        In a fricking Prius? Bullshit. Either a skill issue or a mechanical problem like shot suspension.

The Prius is so light it feels like driving a cardboard car, so yes you definitely feel the battery. It's like driving with a full backseat of fat people basically, not anything crazy but it definitely changes the feel of the driving dynamic.

My suspension was shot in that thing, but very slight maneuvers at 85mph almost sent it into a spin. It was unacceptably unsafe at that speed (basic highway speed here is 75-85mph) if a small correction had to be made. If I indeed had a skill issue I certainly would've crashed but I didn't overcorrect when it became unstable and began sliding with the ass trying to go forward and lead the vehicle. I always just blamed the weight in the back for that along with the rest of the car being incredibly flimsy.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>It's like driving with a full backseat of fat people basically
          As I said, it weighs less than one fricking person (especially if they are *merican) and sits even lower than their knees are if we're not talking about sedans like LS/GS/IS.
          >My suspension was shot in that thing
          >I always just blamed the weight in the back for that along with the rest of the car being incredibly flimsy.
          I'm sad to say you're a moron.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Narcissist.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Any car like this that's very fuel efficient? What about those newer Fiat pandas?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *