Is it actually worth buying a retired cop car?

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only if the gay lighter works

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

local police auctioned their old transporters and now construction workers are giving me heart attacks with their fake cop cars

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is that matt farahs million idle hours chevy impala?

Short answer no, treat police cars like rentals, free rentals

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

great if you're on a mission from God or don't want to spend a lot of cash

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why shouldn't I just get a surplus charger and strap a supercharger to it?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

you absolutely should

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Most of em are V6

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

V6 charger with a supercharger kit makes around 420-440hp to the wheels

The kit costs as much as the car itself tho

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Or you could buy a used R/T that has 400 from the factory.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

RTs barely make 360 to the crank, supercharged v6 is on par with a scatpack

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not really. There's plenty of V8's out there. State/highway patrols love them

RTs barely make 360 to the crank, supercharged v6 is on par with a scatpack

RT's make 370 at the crank and the 5.7 is easily a 400 hp engine with a couple bolt ons. Obviously a supercharged 5.7 would be significantly more powerful and durable long term. The 3.6 engines were never designed for boost, where as people are running mild psi superchargers on the 5.7 with nothing other than upgraded fuel injectors (and the supercharger itself of course).

i dont know, but I bring this up to my one mechanic buddy every year at his parents house for Thanksgiving.
          It never fails to send him into an absolute fit of rage. He goes on for like half an hour about how any used cop car is the worst car you can buy due to the wear and tear and idle hours.

It seems like its always the people with the least amount of experience actually buying old cop cars who say this. All police cars are fleet vehicles. They get their oil changed very frequently, any mechanical problems get addressed immediately, they will be kept in good operating condition until they're retired. Yes there are absolutely dept who abuse cars, but there are many that don't. State trooper/highway patrol need their car in good condition for 150mph chases, they dont just abuse shit for no reason. Sheriff dept's are another good source, often times officers take their vehicle home with them so its not like they want some beat up leaky piece of shit in their driveway, its usually well taking care of. Detective cars are pretty much cream of the crop and are often in actually really good shape. Really just depends on how the car was used, cloth instead of rubber/plastic seats (or cloth carpet) often means it was a personal car or detective car, or otherwise wasnt used as a patrol car. Those will typically have lower idle hours too.
          You just have to know what you're looking at, and have a modicum of familiarity with the local depts and which to avoid cars from. Much of the cars condition is gonna be stated up front, mileage and idle hours are available. City cops and broke little towns are generally the worse to buy from

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BMW won't (in the UK) sell cars to cops anymore because they tend to go boom.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you do, you might be on a watchlist

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is it actually worth buying a retired cop car?
    Yes

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>0845 6060606

How am I supposed to remember that number in an emergency?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well that's easy to remember!

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

0118 999 881 99 9119 7253
          I have the top.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's only one digit longer than a US number with the area code, and all UK phone numbers start with a 0 so you don't need to remember it. 0845 is national toll number, like 1-900. No idea why bongs charge a toll to call the police department

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're not. The bong equivalent of 911 is 999.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You'll never get the smell of Black person out of the back seat.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I thought the backseats were plastic for this reason

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends on model

Step mom has a police package 2007 impala which comes with the 3900 v6, and lower gearing which is a great combo for being slower than a base model while getting worse gas mileage than a pickup, also because rust belt it’s more rust than carand because GM product the interior is blasted out with broken plastic everywhere

Also it comes with one of those paperwork lamps that light up the whole interior well which is nice, another thing I don’t like is that it comes with a front 40/20/40 bench like a pickup truck and has a column shifter, the cup holders hide under the middle seat and the console flips back and the latch is always broken so the lid of the console flips another 90 degrees and dumps all your shit out, a base model impala would just have a center console and shifter that isn’t moronic, also it has steel wheels and hubcaps (or 2 left at least)

One cool thing that I don’t know if it serves me any purpose is it comes with the chassis bracing for the push bar it doesn’t have, maybe it’ll be able to hit a deer

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hell no. Cops abuse the shit out of those cars every chance they get. The frames probably fricked up from driving over curbs and doing pit maneuvers. The engine spent half of its life at full throttle and the other half idling in the sun

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it depends. city cops? yes. i've seen city cops purposely cave in the rear door of their car parked at a gas station in the bronx. state cops? a lot of the time the car is assigned as take home car.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Okay so it depends partially on what

Said, but also remember you're dealing with state/federal pedantic bureaucracy/safety standards as well as manufacturers kudo bennies to police when it comes to maintaining their vehicles. Yeah they've been used a lot, but you damn well know they've also been maintained and that you'll likely only run into the primary issues that every one of the particular model inevitably gets. The frame/body are usually a dead giveaway as to whether they've been damaged or simply run down to the last bean countable maintenance routine allowed by the department.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a 73 Plymouth Fury, 77 Plymouth Gran Fury (big car like the 74 Monaco), 77 Monaco (like dukes of Hazard car), 79 Newport cop car, 90 Caprice cop car, 94 Caprice cop car, and a 95 Caprice cop car. I have over an acre of land, so a lot of car storage. Jump on a cop package car because they ALL will be super rare one day and you will not regret it. Especially if it's factory painted two tone, one day soon you'll have one of the only survivors left in your state.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Super Rare? The future is electric.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm a cop and the way we drive our cars tells me you should NEVER purchase an ex police vehicle. You can guarantee:

1. Treated like shit (It's not mine, who gives AF)
    2. Probably filled with the wrong gas at least a few times
    3. Has been dirty as frick and unknown liquids of all descriptions spilled on the seats, fast food wrappers thrown all over the place etc.
    4. Suspension fricked from being driven like shit, remember women are allowed to be police officers too.
    5. People don't like cops and so the car has been vandalised/fricked with in many ways you will later discover
    6. Departments buy vehicles they see as cheap and disposable, because they will almost certainly get written off before they're phased out or die.

Just from the things alone I have done to the cars at work I would strongly recommend that you never buy an ex police vehicle.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i dont know, but I bring this up to my one mechanic buddy every year at his parents house for Thanksgiving.
    It never fails to send him into an absolute fit of rage. He goes on for like half an hour about how any used cop car is the worst car you can buy due to the wear and tear and idle hours.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Con - cops beat the frick out of their cars
    Pro - as government vehicles, you know it received regular maintenance and any mechanical issues were dealt with

Basically, yeah it was driven hard as frick. But at least you know the owner didn't go years between oil changes and shit like that.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Depends honestly

I got mine as my first car and it's been the favorite of anything I've driven. Is it fast? No, but it's comfy and just behaves well. It's also easy to maintain if you aren't intending to just use it as a beater.

Probably the only thing I've gotten that could be a negative is cops being sketched out when pulling me over (Once for sliding into the wrong lane during a blizzard, and once because my plate was expired)

I've had my 2004 Crown Vic for 2 1/2 years now, planning to keep it for many more.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Elwood's Monaco is a 74

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *