Is it just me or is automotive youtube in a rut?

Is it just me or is automotive youtube in a rut? There isn't a whole lot that's worth watching, and it kinda sucks...
What do you watch?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>automotive youtube
    Here homosexual let's break this down

>automotive
    >a hobby which requires a non-negligable depth of knowledge to truly appreciate past bullshit ricing and drag races
    >extremely niche, low viewer count
    >not profitable on youtube unless bigtime sponsors are brought in AND viewer counts are high
    >in depth technical knowledge filters most

Youtube
    >video crack dealer subsisting on the attention and poor decisionmaking of dopamine deprived morons with little to no true executive function
    >panders to the most average of the morons, whereupon all technically competence laden communciation is ostensibly lost
    >algorthim selects against this and shepherds aforementions tards to videos that tickle their fancy and grabs their mind with products related to their specific profiles

No, automotive content is not algorithm friendly unless being pushed by some pseudo alpha ricer with a personality complex that makes the amniotic fluid drenched ears of his wannabe followers perk up when he halfassedly studders something about cars in a bromacho voice and follows up with some fad brand bullshit

Find an automotive forum online somwhere, or make friends with auto enthusiasts at a meet up or at a track day. Godspeed frenna4d

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's a really long and drawn out way of saying "I agree with you, OP."

• 2 months ago
      s10fag

yep, the channels with any depth are pretty low viewcount

revivals are usually cancer but i watch restored and jennings because they try to keep it original as much as possible

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>automotive youtube
        Here homosexual let's break this down

>automotive
        >a hobby which requires a non-negligable depth of knowledge to truly appreciate past bullshit ricing and drag races
        >extremely niche, low viewer count
        >not profitable on youtube unless bigtime sponsors are brought in AND viewer counts are high
        >in depth technical knowledge filters most

Youtube
        >video crack dealer subsisting on the attention and poor decisionmaking of dopamine deprived morons with little to no true executive function
        >panders to the most average of the morons, whereupon all technically competence laden communciation is ostensibly lost
        >algorthim selects against this and shepherds aforementions tards to videos that tickle their fancy and grabs their mind with products related to their specific profiles

No, automotive content is not algorithm friendly unless being pushed by some pseudo alpha ricer with a personality complex that makes the amniotic fluid drenched ears of his wannabe followers perk up when he halfassedly studders something about cars in a bromacho voice and follows up with some fad brand bullshit

Find an automotive forum online somwhere, or make friends with auto enthusiasts at a meet up or at a track day. Godspeed frenna4d

how the frick is inheritance machining still a channel then.
        I don’t watch YouTube with an account so I’m used to YouTube trying to recommend me clickbait garbage/bait garbage. But inheritance machining has probably been the best channel for “watch someone demonstrate relative expertise in a field they enjoy” and isn’t just moronbait or sponsored out the wazoo.

Kurgesagzt or however you spell it became shit after Bill-Gates unironically bought them out with “Charity Sponsorships” for their “basedence” videos, with the first video unironically saying that big government should limit people’s access to CRISPR and should “provide information security” which just means censor any educational resources.

But yeah I’m sick of going to a new video, watching it, and the fricking basedtuber doesn’t document anything about what he made or the process, just slaps it right on the screen and demonstrates “hecking cool actions” with it or adds emotional bait. That and the fricking gay ass shorts, flashing/shaking text that cuts off quickly, music that cuts out randomly and switches between songs just to get your fricking attention. It’s just goddamn cancer compared to YouTube previously being a place where people didn’t try to monetize every single bit of the platform and just posted shit cause it was cool and they wanted to show off something, not just for “le hecking basedtuber big bucks with AI generated videos!!”

So inheritance machining seems to be a unicorn regarding DIY YouTube channels as he actually shows what he’s doing and doesn’t just try to bait normies. The advertisements during the video are unironically a refreshing change when it’s a company advertising their carbide cutting bits and not some stupid ass lesbian/homosexual car commercial or other normie garbage.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>low buck garage
        Hell yeah brother

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I watched some eurochad lap the burgerking in a fan's car that is similar to what I drive recently.
    It was fun watching him blitz past 100k german sports cars with frickhuge wings because he was just carrying higher momentum and revs.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>similar to what I drive recently
      Kek thats a funny way to say you dont even own it

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i always watch guys like south main auto channel, diagnosis dan, i am detailing, contempo concept, auto finess, daves auto repair, and white details to name a few

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tyrells classic workshop is wholesome as frick

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nothing. Its all slopbait.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

good ol cleetus mcfarland although since he got money it has turned more and more into "watch me destroy this thing for no reason"

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i do cars
    driving 4 answers
    danny soliz has some pretty neat info around cylinder heads and their inspection and reconditioning

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

only automotive youtube content i consume is those pov drive videos just so i can pretend i am not a poorgay driving a 800$ hatchback

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Watch little bits of roadkill street machine and hagerty relevations with jason camisa but yeah noticed the same thing
    I guess a decade of dickriding the same boring boomer classics from 1950-2010s gets old

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What do you watch?
    Mainly Superfastmatt and Fuzzy Dice Projects, sometimes Aging Wheels whenever he wrenches. I used to watch Robot Cantina too but got bored of diesel stuff

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Auto wise, I prefer much only watch I Do Cars

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I watch shit from all of these
    >Cleetus McGOAT
    >Jimmy Oakes
    >Adam LZ
    >Rob Dahm
    >Mat Armstrong (I watch for his dad kek)
    >Hagerty
    >Top Dead Center
    >StanceWorks
    >Misha Charoudin
    >Jimmy Broadbent when irl racing, not sim

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/@SuperfastMatt
    Making an off-road viper

https://www.youtube.com/@Farinedeble
    2JZ swap in a volvo 940 (french)

relevations with jason camisa is good

https://www.youtube.com/@JustRolledIn
    Brain rot mechanical compilation (ok)

https://www.youtube.com/@CamdenBowen
    3d printed engine (semi gay)

https://www.youtube.com/@CuttingEdgeEngineering
    Industrial hydraulic

https://www.youtube.com/@johnnyq90
    rc v8 engine, machining

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the only thing i regularly watch is stay tuned

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everybody grew up. haggard garage is lone gone. Mighty car mods is all money now or whatever. People change or money gets involved. Like neutral drop is the only decent car channel now

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Zoomerchads watch Donut Media and it causes instant and unstoppable boomer seethe

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It’s not bad, just too thin on the technical side. They must adapt as their audience gets older.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I love when they throw a parts cannon at a car then it doesn't run right and they CANNOT figure out why.

The first step in ANY project is to figure out what you are going to do with it, if you just buy random shit for it then it's obviously never going to work.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There is, you just can't find it because it's not Mr beast style content. It has to. Be a goywatch or it doesn't get promoted.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>there is but you can't find it
      >I'm not gonna tell you what it is
      Ok

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>What do you watch?
    racing

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pine Hollow Auto Diagnostics

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not going to lie, legitimately like Scotty killers channel. Definitely appreciate the lack of shilling sponsored garbage.
    No nonsense boomer takes as well.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *