is it millenials or zoomers who took over design centers? newest models finally look decent

is it millenials or zoomers who took over design centers? newest models finally look decent

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

somebody tell bmw

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Fuel cap and tank in the front

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That's the charge port for the plug in hybrid version, something like 50 miles of EV range for commutes and a twin turbo V8 for when you wanna go somewhere farther

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

sniff

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Holy crap this is bad.
      Looks like a Chrysler 300 clone or some shit
      Bring back the E28 M5

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Germany has been conquered by israelites it's so over for them

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>beating the chinese to their copy of your design
      bold move

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Who thought that split double headlight thing was a good idea?
      God dammit. I hate everything about this car and I used to think that the 7 series was one of the best looking cars when I was growing up.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Who thought that split double headlight thing was a good idea?
        It is, provided the implementation is right.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I'll take the double headlight over blinding-ass overpowered LEDs any day

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Who thought that split double headlight thing was a good idea?

It's because modern cars got so tall that they simply can't put the actual headlights up there without causing blinding issues for older, lower cars that are still on the road. The upper part that LOOKS like headlights is actually just the daylight running LEDs and the lower part are the actual beams.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

arnold rimmer car

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>has literal Chink eyes

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT

2. 2 months ago
    I Greased p's mom with my cock

That looks like hammered dog shit.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>the C and D pillars are wide enough that a jerry can can be mounted on them
    fricking rip. how long until someone sticks a jerry can onto the rear side door lmao

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not sure these Vanity tail lamps passed muster with the DOT or SAE.
    Their visibility is probably very poor in fog, snow or rain conditions.
    >Yup bros, I'm in a Hyundai..
    >****Screetching of brakes***
    >Sorry Bro, didn't see you

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

with how bright even tail lamps are nowadays it'd be a surprise if they failed FMVSS/DOT/whatever

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

True true.
        I dunno why, but they're just irksome.
        >H

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

imo, it's cause they're trying to make something that's supposed to be purely for safety and signaling into some artsy bullshit

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>safety gives way to artsy bullshit
            I'd say that you articulated the source of ire very well
            +1

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>DA rants and raves about overbearing safety regs making cars heavy and bland
            >asiatics say frick that and make something stylish
            >"OH MY GODDD THIS IS SO UNSAFE!!!!"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

1. Learn how to Greentext properly
            2. The Taillights are Objectively a poor design, when their raison d' etre is to COMMUNICATE to other drivers, not be a Hyundai advertisement.

supreme moron

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

take that dick out of your mouth and stop mumbling

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

imo, it's cause they're trying to make something that's supposed to be purely for safety and signaling into some artsy bullshit

you're looking at it wrong
            >HH brother

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Not sure these Vanity tail lamps passed muster with the DOT or SAE.
      Surprisingly they do. They spent a shit ton of money into making diffuser tech look like that and still maintain visibility at distance.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I think millenials are finally in charge after a long time. Older millenials are in their 40s now. Boomers are finally retiring, and GenX is finally getting promoted to director level and department heads. That's why we're starting to see 80s throwback designs and the return of the boxy look. The reign of boomer auto design, from the 80s through the 2010s, is finally waning

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

zoomers have no power

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Boomers are dying and trying to suck up anything they can before getting into the box. GenXers are moving in for promotions. Millennials are gaining influence. Zoomers are doing nothing but phone swiping.

It's about damn time.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>GenXers are moving in for promotions
      There's barely any of them compared to boomers/millenials and half of them are still working as bartenders.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>barely any of them on social media
        ftfy

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gen X. Millenials and Zoomers aren't old enough to hold that kind of decisive power yet.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>fake wheelwells
    >fake windows
    >smol wheels
    >smol windows
    >cringe rear end
    >ford flex front end
    >decent

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I mean look at this bullshit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/LLcOzaz.jpeg

Tail lights look like it's a children's toy

DA gays hate everything.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

asiatic cuckovers is not everything.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Literal Van Gogh-level shit.
      >novice designer: can i put this here for no reason?
      >mgmt: SURE!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/LLcOzaz.jpeg

It's not for me, but it's a far better design language than their prior stuff.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

honestly, it's crazy that circles around to looking kinda cool

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It doesn't. It's just that a lot of other contemporary stuff looks even worse in comparison.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why do so many modern cars have these plasticky bits above the wheel arches? Does it serve some function?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Does it serve some function?
        Yes, to hide bloat and make the car appear leaner. There are golden ratios to the amount of fender above the wheel wells to the hood line and modern cars all fail at this with their pig fat so they use fake wheel wells to cheat.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous
          • 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Modern cars are too fricking bloated with tall belt lines that frick up their proportions.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/LmUZjEH.jpeg

>We will never have a good STi again.
            Feels bad man.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lower ass end literally lifted off of a Geo Metro

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That’s a ford flex.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Funnily enough, Flex probably has better window to door area ratios

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Literally looks like a Plumber's Ass, with his pants sagging below the belt line.
      Weird wrap around of the reflectors.
      >single exhaust

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I don't hate that. I actually kind of like the shape and lines and in that color it looks pretty nice. The taillights and reflectors are a miss for me though. The rear window is tiny and the lights are low so you've got this yawning chasm of space between the bottom of the rear window and the top of the taillights. It just looks a bit off and like the obvious solution would be to swap where the SANTA FE badge and the taillight cluster is.

12. 2 months ago
    The poster formerly known as A freakin Audi

Pfffffffft, yeah, because I'm gonna buy a Hyundai for overlanding... That thing is probably rated for a gravel road at best.

13. 1 month ago
    womp womp

Who knows, but everyone over 50 should kill themselves. The most moronic people to ever live

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Its melanin enriched, late millennials.

"Diversity hires" but to your specific example, Hyundai hired up ex BMW designers.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hyundais newest designs are pretty slick. However, I just got rid of my old Hyundai and it was a total shitbox and I'll never buy one again. Hyundai make flashy cars that completely fall apart after a few years.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think consumers are legitimately avoiding eggshit and transformershit to the point sales are hurting when they turn to other brands that make normal looking squared away vehicles. Look at the Toyota CHR getting canceled in the first 4 years of its release. Look at this piece of shit lmao.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, I'm a huge Toyota fanboy, but these angles and alien shit cars are rather ugly. Make a normal car normal and leave over-the-top stuff for over-the-top cars. (I kind of like the Nupra, and both the GR Yaris and the GT86 are great for what they are).

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

i am avoiding these not because of the egg shit but because of the tiny windows and claustrophobic 'cocoon' interior, let me comfortably rest my arm on the door dammit.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Those Direzza ZIIs

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Pretty sure the C-HR failed in America because of it's terrible visibility and tiny cargo area. There's no way it could have done well when nearly every other car offered more utility. The styling probably had little to do with it.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

kinda weird how we've trended back to usa and jdm being the best looking cars with koreans and chinese being better looking than euroshite

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the GR86 looks pretty good. It seems it's the cars made for normies are the one's which are dog shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

yeah someones i see one and my brain says ferrari

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i'm not saying it's a masterpiece but it actually look masculine and fun despite being a generic model from a generic brand, picrel's a previous model for comparison

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>it actually look masculine

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>zoomers
    i am so tired of this garbage meme, zoomers (kids born between 1997-2012) are not even in their 30's yet morons, so they don't own anything, so they can't change shit, from gaming industry, movies to cars industry, so if you want to blame someone for the state of the modern cars, blame the 5 boomers who are alive, gen X(1965-1980) and Millennials(1981-1996), you can blame zoomers in 20-25 years when they will own the industry

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Zoomers are born between 1995-2012

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Don't buy the Santa fe. It is made by hispanics and Black folk.
    >t. Hispanic that works at Hyundai.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

an actual turd coffin for morbidly obese fatso nothings

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Zoomers are still in their first few jobs, this is definitely cool millennial guys starting to take the reins over moronic boomers. Boomers died, Gen X takes the supervising positions, and millennials are the senior designers. Zoomzooms are still getting coffees for the important people.
    T. Zoomer

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Total eggshit death

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think it's younger X and older millennial that are mostly the lead designers at the moment in most companies. The Japanese are probably still on 70 year olds though. The Germans are mostly just focused on getting China to buy their shit.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's browns and wimin.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

oh herro prease

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Here's your daily reminder that the Hyundai/Kia large car platform was built specifically with the Carnival in mind. Every SUV and crossover derived from this platform is a minivan first, but people are stupid and shell out tens of thousands of dollars for the sliding door delete.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In retrospect I'll appreciate the style when we're all driving electric dildos around at gunpoint but these cars post ~2015 are dogshit ugly

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *