is it normal for the edge of my new leather seats to start getting stained blueish after only a month of being bought?

is it normal for the edge of my new leather seats to start getting stained blueish after only a month of being bought?

i assume its from my jeans? how do i clean it? pic isnt my seats but it kinda looks like that

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    sage

>he bought BMW “leather”
    lol, lmao

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only base models use that sensatec shit. They use dakota and nappa leather for anything worth a frick.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

fake leather

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Does real leather not get stained or what

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No it doesn't. Fake leather is hella porous. They'll also be falling apart within 5 years.
        Real leather, even the whitestuff is damn near impossible to stain unless you're specifically trying to

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

morone detected

real leather is porous while vinyl is basically just a solid piece of impermeable plastic

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Otherway around, you'd know this if you had any real experience with cars

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

these bus riders dont know about dyed leather.

its the cost to have light colored dyed seats.

can be re-dyed after cleaning. which means stop wearing jeans on those seats.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>cant wear jeans on ur car

what kind of gay shit is this?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

well since jeans are gay it seems right right

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What is wrong with jeans?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

makes your butt look round and juicy like a womans so other men will be aroused by looking at your rear end

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Women like a nice ass on a man too

Not them.but jeans are fricking awful. They're not soft material, they're heavy, fabric doesn't breathe so it's also hot, etc. I really don't understand how the Levis lobby got them to be commonplace.

Wear khakis/chinos. Much more comfortable and wont stain white leather. Though if you are actually a coal miner or carpenter or other tradesman, and must wear jeans, get seat covers.

Jeans are durable and make for great workwear
            >Wear khakis/chinos
            Linen is very breathable and it's in fashion now

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not them.but jeans are fricking awful. They're not soft material, they're heavy, fabric doesn't breathe so it's also hot, etc. I really don't understand how the Levis lobby got them to be commonplace.

Wear khakis/chinos. Much more comfortable and wont stain white leather. Though if you are actually a coal miner or carpenter or other tradesman, and must wear jeans, get seat covers.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

if you need to wear jeans for your job then dailying a car with a white leather interior is probably a bad choice. this is like someone dailying a ferrari year-round on summer tires in northern canada. solution is: don't do that.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

jeans in workwear havent been in thing in decades

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

then there's really no reason to ever wear them.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I love when jobs have casual fridays like it's something special. Oh I get to wear jeans? What a treat! I come in wearing the same linen slacks I wore on Monday and just leave my shirt untucked.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I would get a leather cleaner and get it wiped and leather conditioned.

you might have to redye

>redye

wtf is this a thing? these are fricking new seats

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The problem isn't the seats, it's that your sweaty ass is leeching the color out of your cheap jeans all over the leather.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

well he fricked up. his fat ass burned thru the cheap fake leather

don't buy asiatic cars folks

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

fyi, leather dye is vinyl paint.

its not dye at all, you air brush it on and then get a matte or shiney clear coat over it to protect from stains.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would get a leather cleaner and get it wiped and leather conditioned.

you might have to redye

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just clean them moron

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yup the dye leeches into light colored leather. That’s why I go brown or black for things like truck seats.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

really makes you think
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levi_Strauss

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Stop sliding all 400lbs of your fat sweaty ass across the bolster every time you struggle in or out and it won't wear nearly as fast nor discolor ever.
    >t. fat c**t with 21 year old seats that still look brand new because i get -up-, not slide out and collapse, out of my car

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

hehe not a problemo on my shitty ford falcon cloth seats

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Did you fart on the seats? The farts contain methane gas which turn leather blue. You gotta get a fart guard if you're gonna be farting in-car, otherwise pull over to rip.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>You gotta get a fart guard if you're gonna be farting in-car, otherwise pull over to rip.

wait...are there people who just far in their car seats? Lmao no wonder used cars smell so bad. I always pull over if I have to pass gas. Ideally I find a secluded spot, roll down my window, pull my pants down, stick my ass out the window, and expel flatulence. Then I bring my ass back inside, pull my pants up, make sure the a/c is on, drive for a mile with the window down, and then roll it up and continue on my journey. I thought everyone did this. It's how my parents taught me as a kid

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That is why you never ever get white leather

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you're white collar nothing wrong with white leather, you ain't gonna stain it with jeans or wet leather jacket.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Except uhhh, for OPs pic where he stained it with jeans? Derp...

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh seat's a little dirty 🙁
    Who cares?
    It's a car
    You drive it
    Look at the road fricko

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah that's normal

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Meanwhile 50 year old MB-Tex is still holding up. BMW's new Veganza stuff might have it beat if it holds up, shit feels like real leather without the shitty plastic coating they use to tough it up

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Meanwhile 50 year old MB-Tex is still holding up
      No, its not. I check out 5-10 old SLs a day on fb since I want to buy one soon and maybe 1/10 has decent seats, and that one was clearly always garaged

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

MB-Tex isn't the exact same thing for 50 years, they used many different formulas over the years
        Coincidentially a decade ago was the start of Mercedes' downfall

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

why do you even come on here and make these indefensible horseshit claims? Anyone can go look at 70s/80s mercs like i do and see its not true in 5 seconds.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>noooooo it's bad because I said so!

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have no idea how/why zoomers became so fascinated by vinyl. It was always a low end material

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

$1.7 million dollar car btw

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Those are leather, like real leather, you fricking moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

$1.7 million dollar car btw

When MB was actually good they used real leather, not vinyl. Vinyl was a cost cutting measure. Zoomers somehow got these eras mixed up

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

MB-Tex was introduced with the 300SL

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thats simply not true, it was vegetable tanned leather

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thats simply not true, it was vegetable tanned leather

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>cloth
            Now that's the real poorgay option

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Perhaps gen A can salivate over them in the future like zoomers do with vinyl

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You really cant overstate how moronic you have to be to post restomodded leather seats as proof of how good vinyl is

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No, start washing between your cheeks fatass

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *