Is it okay to regularly rev your engine to 5k rpm?

Is it okay to regularly rev your engine to 5k rpm?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

did it last night, felt good. might do it again and let you know how i feel

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I do it almost every time I get on the highway, by the time I get there it's already warmed up

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

is 5k above your redline or something? i don't get it

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are you driving a diesel? Just ride the redline once in a while and you'll be good

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My car has no lift shifting above 5k rpm, if you actually commit to it and don't back off thinking you're about to grenade the clutch it works quite well. Just need to keep the throttle absolutely pinned

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My red line is 8.5k and it’s good because it direct injection and you got to shake off the carbon and get the oil warmed up and engines run better when their loosened up anyway.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I take my 16 year old 200k mile N52 up to the redline (7000 rpm) at least every couple of days.

When I do that I’m more worried about the aging AC and power steering pulleys, the engine takes it like nothing over and over.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

based
      i redline my 400k km n52 everytime I drive it

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

5k is healthy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lmao 5k is not healthy for the 6.7

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Don’t worry the studded I’m guaranteed 5.5

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I floor my 330k km IS200 and take it to 6000+ rpm regularly because it's a slow POS. Of course, I wait until it has warmed up first.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Are you the guy with the oil disappearing issue? Did you end up finding anything?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nah, I'm not the same guy. Although my car burns some oil for sure.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When it comes to car advice, don't listen to boomers.
    >don't rev over 5k
    >let her warm up for 5 minutes before you go
    >change oil every 3k

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You don't need to let it "warm up" before you go as it will take forever to warm up if it's just idling.

But I think a lot of people are moronic and will start it, then after 30 sec think it's fine to rev it to 5k.

Personally I redline my car every time I drive it. Low mileage straight 5 and it sounds too good not to rev.

Starts just as fast as it did the day I got it and sounds just as good.

I've had things break on me and I wonder if it's related to my way of driving. For example last year I replaced cambelt and all pulleys. I'm replacing the idler pulley this week because it is already fricked.

So redlining and driving your car harder than the average person will wear components out faster. In my ownership I've had to replace basically all pulleys and belts more often than other people. But I also skimp out a bit on price and get the slightly cheaper ones.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

same except my T5 has 100k miles
        no engine work done since I got it 20k miles ago, parking sensor and headlight are the only things i remember buying

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You do want to change your oil every 3k miles, thoughever. The "newer oil last more miles" is a meme made by car companies to sell more engines and spares.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They do last more miles though. But still change every 3k. Just makes your maintenance that much better.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It’s probably bad if you’re driving a diesel

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I redline my car (8k) just about every time I drive

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My redline is 5k lol

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

eurohomosexual diesel owner spotted, opinion ignored

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yea, it's OK. It's called an Italian tune up

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

how do you even accelerate without hitting the redline? pussy

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Is it bad to bounce off your rev limiter?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do you own a Honda? If not, then yes it's bad.

If yes, your Honda only grows stronger from it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It is a honda!
        She revs to 7600 and cuts to 7500 for a rapid obnoxious sound

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

At startup cycle, or after warming her up for a good long few? If the latter, fine. Do that to my Murican Pilot so often to “Italian tune up” the engine (not that it does anything, just feels like it does cuz dur dur murica logik)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Edit, driver her hard enough to rev for a while constantly near to above 5k

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is it okay to regularly rev your engine to 5k rpm?
    What engine? Cummins 6BT? No. BMW S54? Yes. Sportbike engine? 5k rpm is highway cruising speed.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the only reason i don't do it as much is because i'm lazy and i like not having to top up the oil between changes

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In my manual BMW I regularly hit 5k cus I’m never paying attention and the car is so quiet and smooth.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

in my manual BMW I regularly hit 5k cus it's a gutless 316i and it simply doesnt accelerate quickly enough if you don't floor it and rev the engine all the time:(

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I rev it to 9k

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *