is it safe to buy engine oil from amazon?

is it safe to buy engine oil from amazon? i noticed its way cheaper than at the autoparts store, but how likely is it that im gonna get a refilled bottle with cheap ass 25w50 oil?

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's probably not actually cheaper with the shipping and whatnot. Parts store oil is always super overpriced. Mobil1 is always on sale locally somewhere so just wait and buy it then.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

wat, I don't have prime and hardly ever pay for shipping. they usually have an option for free shipping if you wait like 3 days.
      the only time I have to pay shipping is for stuff like used books from third parties.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get it from walmart, it's cheaper than amazon.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's probably not actually cheaper with the shipping and whatnot. Parts store oil is always super overpriced. Mobil1 is always on sale locally somewhere so just wait and buy it then.

why not walmart? they are way cheaper than vatozone etc.

i get my castrol euro formula there for $25 5 quart jug.

no, Amazon is still cheaper. And at least at my local walmart they dont have 0w16 or 0w20 which is what my car needs

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>0w16 or 0w20
        You drive a modern shitbox and are here asking about Amazon being safe to buy oil from, just take your car to the mechanic you cuck.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Well if you need gay oil like that it may be cheaper but I still doubt it. Regardless you're still an butthole for supporting the jungleman and responsible for having a braindead Amazon driver on the roads.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i hate amazon too but its literally 50% cheaper there than at vatozone. what worries me the most is that if they are able to seal the bottle well to the point where i cant notice its been refilled and i end up fricking up my engine

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

just go to wal-mart dude, it's way cheaper than vatozone and they have mobile 1 and shit. I get my valvoline high mileage oil there.
            although I do order my oil filters from amazon though, since walmart doesn't have nearly as good of a selection.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

negative, i got amazon prime and walmart is still cheaper.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

> 0w16 or 0w20
        Cuck. Just put olive oil in.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

that .1 miles per gallon you save with such thin oil cuts the engine service life by a good 20%+ notice how cars these days are not lasting as long, all for a tenth or so mpg.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>0w20 which is what my car needs

No it doesn't. It needs 30 weight. PUP 5w-30 is top quality mainstream oil and dirt cheap on Amazon.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>i know more than the engineers who designed the car!

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If it was up to the engineers all cars would use 5w30 or 5w40.
            Oil weight recommendations are created by bean counting or regulatory compliance homosexuals.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>source: my ass

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The 0w8 or 0w16 they’re recommending for new cars provide garbage protection for just a slight improvement in fuel economy. Any engineer will tell you that.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

achkually i saw a video by engineering explained saying thats not true

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

did he show you wear characteristics of the different weight oils? then maybe hes a paid shill.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>source: my ass

achkually i saw a video by engineering explained saying thats not true

what's funny is how condescending you are when you're wrong.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just read the same recommendations from outside the US tradezone

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it says 0w16 for US and 0w20 for 3rd world shitholes. ive been using 0w20 but i think 5w30 would be too thick and its the same shit as boomers wanting to put 25w50 into cars that use 5w30

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I searched it on youtube and at least for this toyota engine, it has a variable speed oil pump, not a traditional oil pump that always spins proportional to the engine speed, which is why you're suppose to use the 0w-16/20.

Makes more since than the "less friction" explanation because the difference in friction between slightly different lubricants can't be significant. Plus I can see why with a traditional oil pump you'd want a thicker oil to "stick" to the internals when the pump isn't spinning at the ideal speed for the given engine condition. But if you can precisely control the oil pressure, I can see why you could use a relatively thinner oil.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

forgot the link

?t=383

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

isnt toyota having reliability issues as of late?

you sure these thinner oils aint contributing?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I just googled it and it was all about some certifications for a diesel engine and a manufacturing defect that left debris in the engine. Besides a GR Corolla engine grenading, I was getting results about some scandal with Daihastu safety ratings before I was seeing anything about Toyota engines failing prematurely.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I put super duty diesel oil (15W40) in my 351 gas engine which is speccd for 5w20.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>no, amazon is still cheaper
        Nobody is cheaper than walmart and you can order shit that they dont sell in the store and do a pickup or get it sent to your house.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Nobody is cheaper than walmart
          Stolen item resale is.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The #W is just the viscosity in winter temperatures, if you live down South you're good with 5 or 10 W20

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The number range in the title of the oil does reflect thickness at various temperature ranges and there is logic to what you say. However, with modern engines have tiny ass little sensors and ducts, I would not deviate from manufacturer recommended oil weight.

There are people out there that claim the thinner oil is meant to give a higher efficiency rating while not lubricating/protecting as well. They say therefore you should use a heavier oil. I think that is a silly argument and completely wrong. I also would not trust a thicker oil to reach everywhere it needs to when the engine is cold. Yes it gets colder up north but even in Florida it gets down into the 50's pretty regularly in the winter. Just use what the manufacturer says.

As for oil change intervals, that's a different matter. The longer recommended oil change is designed to advertise a cheaper cost of ownership and may have advantages for the manufacturer that I am not aware of but 10k mile oil changes will not keep your car running well much past the warranty, which is all they care about. Same with sealed transmission fluids. Change that shit every 30k miles.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>0w16
        might as well pour in fricking water, automakers are insane with their emissions bullshit

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That so thin that it could get squeezed out of the bearing raceway much faster than 5W-30.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

do oil viscosity ratings not scale linearly or something? 5w-20 was quite common even before 2010 and for whatever reason everyone thinks 0w-16 is olive oil.
          I've never heard anyone go
          >5w-20 instead of 10w-30!?! The manufacturers have lost their minds!!!!

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why not walmart? they are way cheaper than vatozone etc.

i get my castrol euro formula there for $25 5 quart jug.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Just get it from walmart, it's cheaper than amazon.

how to get RED LINE at walmart?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

if you are going to buy fancy oil like redline then just get it straight from their online store, or a tuning shop that specializes in your brand

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

look in the anime section

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Amazon
    Post breasts or gtfo

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Amazon
    You’ll be lucky if its not half water.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

everyone call it scamazon for reason

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I get all my oil from Amazon, works on my machine

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its the same stuff without paying shop extra

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

actual answer
    I've bought various types and amounts of oil from amazon over the years, never once have I gotten something fricked up
    I just checked and they are the exact same price as walmart and 5 bucks cheaper than vatozone, and they have free shipping so why not

just make sure it says sold by and shipped from amazon and not some fricked third party reseller

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the ones that are cheaper than walmart are the ones sold by 3rd party sellers tho

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It seems like everyone is paranoid about Amazon oil being filled with something else and re-sealed and returned.
    Yea, it's everyone knows it's easy to return shit to Amazon, but no one in their right mind is buying oil from Amazon, using it, pouring their old oil in, and taking the time to throughly clean the bottle and do a reseal job that looks legit.
    I've bought plenty of oils on Amazon and they are fine. However, if you don't mind buying in bulk, you may be able to get a good deal on both filters and oil on RockAuto.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

just buy from FCP euro, it's basically free after the first order, since you can return the old stuff for site credit..

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can look at the seller. I'd be more inclined something sold directly by Amazon itself. However, I've been scammed on Amazon a couple of times.
    I would never trust them for anything, where it being what it is, isn't readily obvious.
    I wouldn't buy supplements from Amazon for example and no, I wouldn't buy oil.

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lots of counterfeit shit on Scamazon, they have no quality control for what the product actually is. You could make a killing selling shit oil in a resealed Mobile container or straight up counterfeit Chinese made container that's an exact copy of the original. You see this all the time, counterfeit Gerber knives, counterfeit ON whey, etc. They will ride on the branding of an already successful product but be selling you gutter oil or drywall dust inside of the copied container. I actually got NOW whey that turned out to be pure flour and salt, that was when I stopped using Amazon for anything edible, and when you get a product you really have to inspect it because it could be a fake. Someone did a video on spotting the differences between real and counterfeit Gerber knives that shows the differences, you spend the money for quality then get something made out of chinky pot metal. Those are just two things I've personally had experience getting scammed on. A lot of soaps and such are fake too, I'm pretty sure they're selling fake chlorhexidine topical antibiotic because the price is way too cheap, like half what it typically costs so you're just getting colored water instead of a medical product...

Everything today is fake and gay.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

shamazon also removes negative reviews or hides them completely. If you complain about it, they delete your account.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Amazon delivered SPILLING motor oil that made a huge mess and refused to do anything about it. That shit is literally illegal for me to dispose of in my trash, contaminated my doormat and all kinds of shit, which I had to replace.

Probably should have literally sued them.

Based on my searches online at the time, it's happened to other people as well. If they don't seal/protect the bottles well, they can break and leak in shipping.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>is it safe to buy engine oil from amazon?
    I buy it from walmart because it is cheap enough even though I have Amazon Prime. WHY? Because Amazon is full of counterfeiters performing fulfillment services for the actual seller on Amazon. You can buy the item from Amazon, but actually, the order may be fulfilled by another subcontracted vendor to that seller. That's how counterfeit oil enters, and the chinese are desperate to sell anything right now. Even when times were better, it was difficult for Fram because counterfeiters reproduced the orange cardboard box perfectly and pushed those into the American distribution network with direct access due to that treaty president clinton signed with china.

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>everyone freaking out about 0w16 in the thread
    >Nobody realizing that 0w8 is becoming a thing
    Going from 0w20 to 0w16 isn't a big jump is it? I'd assume it's much less than something like 5w30 to 5w20

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *