is it worth paying the extra shekels to get a top trim spec car that comes with a premium sound system or should i just get a cheaper trim and then sp...

is it worth paying the extra shekels to get a top trim spec car that comes with a premium sound system or should i just get a cheaper trim and then spend 1/10th the money on putting in an aftermarket sound system

CRIME Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Always buy top trim, and always buy new.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If it comes with an actual subwoofer then it's worth looking at. Even if it's only 7"-8".
    But if it doesn't then you're better off looking after market.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aftermarket sound systems absolutely BTFO "premium" factory sound.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

factory sound is designed specifically for the car taking into account placement and dimensions, aftermarket is just generic one size fits all shit. Not to mention aftermarket shit always looks tacky and ghetto

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>factory sound is designed specifically for the car taking into account placement and dimensions
        Fantastic cope. Aftermarket amplifiers and head units have such better components it's not even comparable.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ill agree that premium sound systems done right are top tier. For example the ELS systems in top Acura models are god tier and best in class. The dude who designed it knows what he is doing and it sounds fricking great. Bass flat down to 28hz is amazing.

That said half of the premium audio is just shit tier paper woofers who some israelite at a car company paid off Bose / Harman Kardon to slap a logo on and upcharge $3k on a car sale for a system outperformed by a Black person Pyle entry level speaker system.

I disagree they all look tacky. My Kenwood looks legit and I programmed it to show my Car brand logo at turn on. Seamless integration with my car OBD, tire gauge pressure, engine parameters. Plus I can show any kind of media while driving.

Granted the real challenge with modern cars is taking the panels out without damage to do an install and I know this is not for everyone.

The rewards are there if you do. A full speaker replacement in factory locations with Dayton Reference components from parts express, 6 or 8 channel aftermarket amp (all amps sound the same if sized right) and a new headunit can be done sub $1k no problem.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Do you have a source for education about this topic? I want to upgrade the sound in my Ford Maverick because the stock system is dogshit

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

factory sound is designed specifically for the car taking into account placement and dimensions, aftermarket is just generic one size fits all shit. Not to mention aftermarket shit always looks tacky and ghetto

this is probably true if you get the high end expensive shit and even then only if you actually know what to look for e.g. impedance, sensitivity, decent head unit/amp etc. etc.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You don't need to go super expensive and high end. There are budget brands out there that sound amazing. A good set of components, a good SQ orientated sealed sub, a 5 channel amp and a good head unit or just a DSP will run you $1500 and will blow any factory system out of the water. Look at what the drivers look like and measure like in these "premium" factory systems. It's fricking embarrassing to pay that much money for garbage like that. Don't think that having 30 drivers on a vehicle makes a good system.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>MUH DEAFENING JUNGLE BEATS BRO
    kek, im thinking you're a Black person ricer.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We're thinking you listen to the Postal Service.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bro you don't get it
      I NEED everyone in my neighborhood to hear my music at 8am on saturday

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Listen to the premium system and determine if it’s worth anything at all.

I recommend Vocaloid music. It’ll put a system through its paces like nothing else.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This
      Not all premium systems are equal. 2010s hyundai infinity systems had good sub bass but had a hole in the mid/highs. The 2010s hyundai lexicon systems were much more refined but lacked sub bass.

>factory sound is designed specifically for the car taking into account placement and dimensions
      Fantastic cope. Aftermarket amplifiers and head units have such better components it's not even comparable.

Thats great and all but it doesnt mean much if it isnt calibrated.
      Think gourmet burger steak vs a boiled filet mignon

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>doesnt mean much if it isnt calibrated.
        the cope keeps coming lmaooooo

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>has hearing damage
          You have my deepest sympathies

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nah most factory subs are low mid tier at best i recreated the stock style 8" in the parcel shelt with a high ish end setup sounded like crap vs dual 6x9 and 12"

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Aftermarket can be cheaper and have better quality if you know what you're doing
    If you don't have a clue either learn or go with OEM, sound shop hispanics can't be trusted

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. If you don't know what you're doing or are just too lazy to wire things in properly, just spend the extra on an OEM equipped car. I bought a 330 with the Harmon kardon system and it was fine.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get the top factory offering. Nobody over the age of 20 installs an aftermarket unit, which are invariably styled like a tacky disco. The top factory offering will also help with resale, especially when compared against the tacky disco which screams "troublesome modification" to buyers.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm putting an aftermarket minidisc player in my EK and you can't stop me

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Sure thing, kid.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>period correct format

Do it!

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its always cheaper and better to do it yourself.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

newer vehicles have low end amps in them, and some have subs. 7 inches seems to be the biggest or one of the bigger oem options.
    they can be decent. sit in one, play some music you like and see what it is.
    aftermarket will always be superior. more options for more power, better options for all components in the system.
    if you go after market, don't cheap out. spend the money for trim options for an oem look to the install.
    with so many vehicles have screens in the dash, to the average person a well done after market system can resemble an oem one and be stealthy.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>premium sound system
    Go for it if it comes with all the molded speaker enclosures and stuff. You can always put aftermarket speakers in the premium system in the future. I wouldnt pay extra if it just had better speakers.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *