Is Mercedes E-Class as shit as they say?

I want pic-related Mercedes but I heard they became unreliable in 21st century due to all these fancy electronic stuff and even their engines are made by Renault nowadays. Is that true?

I haven't drive Mercedes in more than 2 decades (my first car was old 300d) and need to replace my beloved Skoda Superb Combi with some "premium" wagon that will do the same thing but better for around (or less) 100k euro.

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

shundur

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Get a 540i

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

BMW looks like if Skoda Octavia was raped by a pig and also it's fanbase seems to be bunch of homosexuals. I nevery really consider it and Audi A6/7 was my second choice. If BMW does something better I could consider it though it's snout.

if you're getting a new car under warranty who cares if some r*ddit memelords think it's 'unreliable'? just trade it in for a new one when the warranty's up. or lease it. if you need it to be super reliable for whatever reason then just get a 5 series.

Until you consider your time and nerves worthless, repairs are pain in the ass, even if they're "free" (not really, if you paid for extended warranty).

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

dude you drop your car off at the dealer, they give you a loaner, you drive that until it's fixed. you won't be blowing engines every other week. get a grip.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Been there, did this. I hate driving some random car when I paid huge $$$ to have mine own. Also for some reason it happens in the least desirable moment (during weekend/when I take family on vacation etc.).

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

well then don't buy it. i don't understand why you made this thread. are you a woman?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>i don't understand why you made this thread.
            To know if opinions of modern Mercedes being unreliable are exaggerated. If warranty is the answer for that question, then answer is no. Thank you (unironically).

I grew up in world where BMW was considered a brand of pretentious sporty cars with ambitions for premium. Now it's superior to Mercedes? I never thought I'll be riding a hogwagen when I reach my age. Damn.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Now it's superior to Mercedes
            No, they surpassed merc in the 90s/00s. Now they mostly make pigfat overelectronic'd flappy paddle only lease slop just like Mercedes has been for a while, so I guess in a way they're still playing catch up.

>What are you bothered about repairs for if you're splashing 100k on a car?
            I once had used (but low mileage ~40k km still on warranty) Audi TT. After a year there was a situation when during summer (it was over 35 degrees celsius) seats started heating with full force and there was no way to turn that shit off due to some minor malfunction. It was friday, I was out of the town and spent whole weekend with oven on wheels. Sounds not like a big deal, but it actually was. When I got to repairshop it took them 3 weeks to find and fix source of malfunction while they gave me some Ssangyong to drive around. Since then I only buy new cars and reliability is high on my priority list.

Krautshit'll do that to you. They say it don't be like it do, but it does.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Doesn't help you when you're driving to work and a thunderstorm breaks out and your shiny new mercedes opens the sunroof and pops open the front hood.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The 5er is the better car. Drives nicer, better spec as standard, smoother engines etc. What are you bothered about repairs for if you're splashing 100k on a car? You're getting a manufacturer warranty. Are you insane?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>What are you bothered about repairs for if you're splashing 100k on a car?
          I once had used (but low mileage ~40k km still on warranty) Audi TT. After a year there was a situation when during summer (it was over 35 degrees celsius) seats started heating with full force and there was no way to turn that shit off due to some minor malfunction. It was friday, I was out of the town and spent whole weekend with oven on wheels. Sounds not like a big deal, but it actually was. When I got to repairshop it took them 3 weeks to find and fix source of malfunction while they gave me some Ssangyong to drive around. Since then I only buy new cars and reliability is high on my priority list.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Audi electrics, not even once.
            You can sometimes temporarily unfrick those by pulling the fuses related to the glitchy system for a moment.
            One theory about those I saw somewhere was that the microcontrollers and related circuits aren't terribly robust, don't have a lot of safeguards and can brownout when the 12V supply drops during engine startup. If a chip glitches just right, its program might end up in some unexpected state it has no way out of (other than a cold restart).

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

man you're the definition of a wrenchlet. Fricker can't imagine pulling a fuse LAMO.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>BMW looks like if Skoda Octavia was raped by a pig
        Just get the old shape version
        >fanbase seems to be a bunch of homosexuals
        It's a 5 series wagon

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if you're getting a new car under warranty who cares if some r*ddit memelords think it's 'unreliable'? just trade it in for a new one when the warranty's up. or lease it. if you need it to be super reliable for whatever reason then just get a 5 series.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>even their engines are made by Renault nowadays
    Only the 1.3 petrol and 1.5 diesel.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It depends what are you looking for but first definitely test drive some cars. Right now you are driving Skoda superb so the merc will fit you right.
    They know that most people that buy lower tier merces 4cyl 2l ones are boomers so they still do stuff the old school way. Like the rear suspension is still the same design as W124 and at least the 2l diesel is done the most reliable way possible for the current ecoterror. The turbo is in the right place and size see picrel. It has one of the most comfortable transmissions in the world the merc 9 speed. Aerodynamics are out of this world you can coast to infinity. From what i´ve seen people are getting under 4.5l/100km with this car.

Most likely I would test E class vs New superb vs 5 series vs A6 vs V90 and for the oddball vito/v class

From my experience with these cars you will like the mercs

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Let's be real - test drive of Mercedes E Class will be fine and I'll end up wanting this car even more. I wonder what happens after 3/6/10/20 years though. I'd buy a Lexus (I've heard it's modern-day Mercedes when it comes to reliability), but they don't make ES in wagon version.

https://i.imgur.com/NbikQ5H.jpg

88k euro. Under budget. Where the frick are you finding a 100k wagon anon? Inflation has hit but not that hard. You're clearly dead inside. Buy a supercar, it might make you feel alive and bring some sense into you. Also the supercar will hold it's value better.

Look at yourself anon, have you seriously got nothing better to do with your money then buying a fricking basic b***h wagon that will depreciate day 1. Invest it in bitcoin or gold or fricking coke and hookers idfk. A McLaren is unironically probably the most sane recommendation in this fricking thread.

>Where the frick are you finding a 100k wagon anon? Inflation has hit but not that hard. You're clearly dead inside.
      It's contrary. I need something that will fit 2 baby seats in the back and still have room for two adult passangers and a driver (me). Something that will ride us all between European cities, as safely, quickly and comfortable as possible. Skoda Superb was fine for 1 baby seat and I need something slightly bigger - I need e-class family wagon, preferably 4x4 (for winter conditions).

If that's the only car I'll ever need then 100k seems fine. I can get basic versions of Mercedes or Audi for half of that, but when you stack up all these fancy features, that will make our travels more pleasant, price gets there eventually. Just a custom paintjob for Audi A6 costs 4k-5k - and there's no way I'll be driving my queen and princesses in white/grey/black car like we're some kind of peasants.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

If you are concerned about reliability only two experiences I have with it is mine S212 with OM651 has done 200k with a lot of city driving and only bigger problem I had with it was having to do timing chain at about 140k. Which the new one has just an evolution of that engine. And from what my merc dealer friend told me that the south africa ones have the poorest build quality.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Thanks. S214, 4x4 diesel but not African one. Got it.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

88k euro. Under budget. Where the frick are you finding a 100k wagon anon? Inflation has hit but not that hard. You're clearly dead inside. Buy a supercar, it might make you feel alive and bring some sense into you. Also the supercar will hold it's value better.

Look at yourself anon, have you seriously got nothing better to do with your money then buying a fricking basic b***h wagon that will depreciate day 1. Invest it in bitcoin or gold or fricking coke and hookers idfk. A McLaren is unironically probably the most sane recommendation in this fricking thread.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Good morning sir!

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Don’t have the details but my neighbor got one and has had to bring it to the garage twice in less than a year due to electronic shit bugging out.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>dumb fricks like OP can afford spending 100k on a wagon

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

ricer

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *