Is Michigan the worst state to be a car enthusiast?

Is Michigan the worst state to be a car enthusiast?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

no emissions, so not bad tbh

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I can't have fun unless I can pollute everything!
      grow up

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>me stamping out my cat
        >india dumping shit in the ocean
        >china being china
        >americans moving everything out of the country to be able to pollute more

Yeah, same, same.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You forgot: The US Navy/Marines throwing perfectly good ammo they didn't use on a training exercise into the ocean so they don't have to go to 5 random offices in the ship to officially dispose of it. Yeah I think my carbon footprint is pretty small, bud.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

they don’t recycle the brass? we’d literally send people back to the range if they failed to recover at least 80% of the issued brass.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nope, it's swimming with the fishies. This was what my former marine buddy told me so it might be different now. When I was in the chair force we'd have to pick up the brass after range qual but the CATM dudes would either let us go once that was done or we'd then clean the M4s and do armory turn in.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

hmm ok. We’d just fire off our excess in the woods. For actual live fire ranges, you usually use it all up anyway with the moronic Black person recruits, or if there was a lot leftover, you’d make people shoot more for practice. Similar to military budgets, if you show you aren’t using all of your requested ammo, you get cut next year.
            And if you return less than X% of your issues ammo for the training (I think 80% for normal ranges, but it varied depending on range type) then your Battatlion Commander would have to explain why you were special and couldn’t clean up like everyone else (which in reality didn’t have a good reason, so you’d get sent back for more clean-up).
            Dumping it into the sea makes sense in that context if they don’t recycle the brass on ships (for whatever reason).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

85% of your carbon emissions come from the electricity, heat and gas you use, not physical products you own

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You forgot: The US Navy/Marines throwing perfectly good ammo they didn't use on a training exercise into the ocean so they don't have to go to 5 random offices in the ship to officially dispose of it. Yeah I think my carbon footprint is pretty small, bud.

>carbon footprint
          catalytic convertors don't change your CO2 emission, they effect how much toxic smog your car emits
          by removing your cat you are polluting the environment that you and your neighbors actually live in, unlike trash dumped in china or india thousands of miles away
          if you live in a rural area it doesn't matter much but if you live in a city and do a cat delete and a really loud exhaust your neighbors have every right to judge you for it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They convert CO to CO2.
            Hey, look up! What's this? Multiple jet engines running leaded gas with no emissions equipment?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Jet engines don't use leaded gas moron
            .t aerospace gay

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Small planes still do kek

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

too bad moron anon posted a pic of a jet airliner

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

us has 200k aircraft and 283 million cars on road

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

homosexual

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

homosexual

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When was this made?
    Why the frick am I, a 38 year old white male who drives 6 miles round trip to work, with only liability and no history of accidents or violations and good credit paying $2400/yr when my state average is $1215?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do you drive a fricking Ferrari? You're getting hosed lol

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, I drive an e46 and I always hear people tell me how their mother or sister used to have one. Frick my insurance provider.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I am paying less than that for 5 cars. Wtf

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Shop around bruv

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You don't have the cheapest-to-insure top-20 car for your state, now do you?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>cheapest-to-insure top-20 car
        >SUV/egg shit
        I would rather pay 5x insurance than drive that shit.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Then it's the cost to be the boss. Heavy lies the crown if you want a boss car.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>When was this made?
      Maybe if you learned to read your insurance would go down.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Just because it's titled the 2018 Average Premium Rate doesn't mean that it was made in 2018.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The frick are you driving?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It will go down when you turn 24 and/or get married.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>when you turn 24
        >get married
        Never happening.

https://i.imgur.com/yokBVeC.jpeg

The frick are you driving?

Then it's the cost to be the boss. Heavy lies the crown if you want a boss car.

My car isn't even that boss.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>BMW
          You did this to yourself and you have no basis to complain on.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's the lowest trim and I only get liability insurance because that's what the state requires.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The fact that you're a BMW driver factors into the bill. That fact alone makes you 3x more likely to cause accidents, regardless of the trim.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Inoay $1200 for 3 cars, one has comprehensive, rest just liability.
      Same age as you.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think that part of the insurance pricing calculus is guessing how likely you are to contest being overcharged. There are probably certain knowable factors that correlate strongly enough with cross-shopping behavior or motivation that it behooves the insurance company to take a gamble and randomly charge you double because you are less likely to notice or do anything about it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No one even said it but where you live in the state, and how many claims are filed in that area drastically changes the risk assessment and thus rates. Typically speaking larger cities have higher rates due to (usually) newer more expensive cars, slightly increased risk of accidents, etc. Just Changing my address from the main city to a suburb town around it here dropped my rates by almost 30% with no other factors changing, and an actually clean ( no accidents or tickets) record since 2006. My grey import is actually the cheapest car to insure I have ever had.

That said:
      Even at its peak with 300/500/300 for regular and 100/300/100 for under insured, my jdm tight turbo sedan was some 30% cheaper than the state average. Now I am almost 50% of the state average (713yr, vs 1327yr). I commute 35km a day roughly. I have no credit (never held debt). For some reason the JDM import is also cheaper to insure than the USDM platform, by roughly 20% as well which makes absolutely no sense. It's about 66/month if you pay monthly, I just pay biannually.
      My other cars I do not drive every day are on hagerty, which is only around 450 a year for 1 Mustang, 1 Corvette, 1 300zx, 2 200sx, Honda CL350, and a Titan Phoenix
      >The insurance company appears to just be fricking you over.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Beautiful car; what is it? I see CAM in the file name, but there are so many cars that look like that in Japan. Nissan Gloria?
        I live in a good neighborhood, but the overall city and surrounding area outside of my neighborhood is pretty bad and full of basketball americans.

• 4 weeks ago
          Panda5

Appears to be a Nissan Cedric.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's an average across the whole state and things vary a ton by ZIP code, California for example has areas in both the top 50 and bottom 50 insurance rates in the nation. I get fricked on insurance because even though I live in a nice quiet area my ZIP code also contains a major commuting road and a nightlife area that has lots of DUI wrecks, break ins, etc. so I'm paying rates based on that even though there's a fricking small mountain between there and my house.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I suddenly realize that $90 / month for full coverage isn't so bad.
    Now if I could get health insurance that wasn't over $10k / year that'd be nice.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

how tf? medical costs of a 25-35 healthy individual are like 1-2k a year

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

V I R G I N I A

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>mdw currently living in MI about to move to Virginia
      Kill me lads. at least the insurance is going to be cheaper.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>at least the insurance is going to be cheaper.
        cool, you'll have more money to pay all of your "Going 3 MPH above the speed limit" tickets.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why? Insufferable transplants in NoVA aside, Virginia is genuinely a better state than Michigan.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So some of those make sense as to why the insurance is high, but I don't get why Rhode Island and Connecticut at up there towards the top of the scale while Massachusetts is one of the cheaper states. Can anyone explain that?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Depends on the state's laws regarding accident fault determination. Northern states have no fault so it becomes cheaper despite having more aggressive and shittier ADHD laden drivers.

• 4 weeks ago
        Floridanon

Can't be worse than Commiefornia or Hawaii, or Connectac**t where you literally pay taxes just for owning a car

My main question is how Louisiana is higher than us. I heard somewhere they have the most DUIs per capita but maybe that's just BS

We have no fault too so there's gotta be something else to it

>Vermont
        >Only state where it's not legally mandatory to have car insurance
        >Cheapest insurance
        Hmmm

That's New Hampshire dumbass

Anything related to insurance is expensive in Michigan and I think it's basically because it's a Black person tax. They don't drive legally and cause a ton of problems in the road that leads to a ton of collateral damage. Add in the fact that Michigan has that stupid u-turn to turn left and they also write off the entire right side of their car because they're too high off their rocker to judge oncoming speed since it's legal to smoke weed there.

Yea something like 30% of all drivers in this state are uninsured, they passed a law last year that suspended a lot of licenses given to illegals by Northern blue states which just made things worse lol

But le reddit told me massachusetts drivers are all bad??!? you mean to tell me the northeast actually has less hispanics driving recklessly?? huh???

They're always the lowest in road fatalities per miles driven, things go smoothly as long as there aren't any brownoids clogging things up

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Can't be worse than Commiefornia
          California has the best cars in the world, dipshit.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, 50+ years ago when the state was full of middle class whites. Now it's all Mexicans, blacks, and a small elite class of uber rich whites who treat then nonwhites like pets.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>and a small elite class of uber rich whites who treat then nonwhites like pets.
            ~~*they*~~ aren't white.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Connecticut isn't that bad. No sniffer, emissions is only obd2 read and pre 97 cars are exempt. No inspection either

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Yea something like 30% of all drivers in this state are uninsured, they passed a law last year that suspended a lot of licenses given to illegals by Northern blue states which just made things worse lol
          The actual answer is to just get rid of them, but people are uncomfortable with any of said options, because all lead to humanitarian crises.

Health insurance is similar. Too much freeloading. I've noticed if Michiganders have ever served military, they're National Guard or Reserve since Tricare is way cheaper than whatever the private or state offerings are.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

California at least has good weather for keeping cars long term. Unless if you live in the mountains or right on the coastline, you have to actively try to rust out a car there. The gas prices and being a special snowflake about emissions makes it a hard downgrade as a state for car enthusiasts over Nevada and Arizona, though.

Hawaii is a solid contender for being one of the worst states to be a car collector between the salt air and the increased cost of everything, but they at least don’t salt the roads and I didn’t remember their roads being complete shit like in Michigan.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The gas prices and being a special snowflake about emissions makes it a hard downgrade as a state for car enthusiasts over Nevada and Arizona, though.
            I'd say it's more of a tradeoff, the flipside is that CA has tons of tracks, great driving roads, and a huge automotive infrastructure with a huge percentage of the aftermarket industry based locally and shops that actually know what the frick they're doing for performance applications. I still don't think it's worth living in CA for other reasons but it's a pretty good place for car stuff specifically, even if you're locked out of some aspects.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Salt here is awful, "detroit" drivers (can lump in the rest of SE MI), DEER overpopulation, No fault insurance.... yeah its pretty bad here

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

metro detroit driving is baby mode compared to larger urban areas. you must be from a meth trailer in the sticks or something

• 4 weeks ago
        Panda5

>metro detroit driving is baby mode compared to larger urban areas.
        WTF are you talking about? I lived in Flint 4 years, have lived in many places, and driving in Detroit is a shit show.
        Potholes everywhere, salt everywhere in the winter, every car has rust... people will actually jump out of the bushes and surround your car with guns in the night at red lights (this happened to me several times). Have you ever been chased by an SUV with machetes swinging out of 3 windows? I have, in Detroit.
        They party hard up there, but those roads are terrifying.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

This is fricking hilarious. Just like, run them over. What are they gonna do ong fr fr bruh lit lmaooo

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>metro detroit driving
        Not when it comes to insurance companies.
        They know full well your vehicle is at risk of getting creamed by an unlicensed and uninsured Dodge, or a silverado/ram with a drunk "no spico english" at the wheel.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>full coverage
    Seems like a scam. I pay $40/month for liability only

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Vermont
    >Only state where it's not legally mandatory to have car insurance
    >Cheapest insurance
    Hmmm

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

cool it with the antisemitism

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

bullshit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah I was corrected, New Hampshire is the state that doesn't mandate insurance, not Vermont.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anything related to insurance is expensive in Michigan and I think it's basically because it's a Black person tax. They don't drive legally and cause a ton of problems in the road that leads to a ton of collateral damage. Add in the fact that Michigan has that stupid u-turn to turn left and they also write off the entire right side of their car because they're too high off their rocker to judge oncoming speed since it's legal to smoke weed there.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

But le reddit told me massachusetts drivers are all bad??!? you mean to tell me the northeast actually has less hispanics driving recklessly?? huh???

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No way, tons of cool old stuff up there.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's pretty fricking bad, but at least we can title literally anything. There's some beautiful scenic routes in the autumn too.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Shieet, i pay 200€ for my volvo.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Michigan worst.
    California, Washington, New York are much more worse cities for car enthusiast's.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The insurance in Michigan is hellish, but at least there are no inspections here. You can do whatever the frick you want to your car and nobody gives a frick. The flip side of that, though, is that shit like pic related is a common sight near the Black person-dense areas.

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

that chart is outdated.
    I pay $1,440 a year for a stupid 2000 Corolla that's valued at $367 by my insurance.
    rates all went up like 40%+ across the board last year.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek. i pay $540/year for my 2017 Titan.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Washington has moronic drivers so ya it sucks
        I clear Six figs so it's not horrible but annoying to pay that much

Small planes still do kek

some small piston aircraft use leaded gas, but it's VERY rare to see that.
        very rare

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>it's VERY rare to see that.
          >very rare
          Unleaded avgas didn't even exist until like a year ago. Sometimes piston engine planes are diesels and run on jet fuel, but the vast majority of them run on 100LL. You're a fricking moron.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>florida red
    ohnonono magasisters, i thought florida was based? how do we respond?

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm 26, married, have 3 cars (1 with liability and 2 with comprehensive), and I pay $2200 or so over a 6-month period, which is almost double what the OP map shows. I've got one ticket and one accident from ten years ago on my record

18. 4 weeks ago
    Floridanon

Ok so what's up with Louisiana tho? Do they get alot of DUIs or something? CT drivers are buttholes but I have no clue on this one

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Probably a state that has high tort damages for personal injury claims. They also have some other quirks due to their French history. Not sure if it affects premiums but they're a "Pay to play" state so uninsured drivers cannot make property or injury claims against insured drivers that cause accidents.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tfw Idaho
    Feels good plus no salt like Michigan

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I hate the road salt like you wouldn't believe. And now i'm hearing that they pelt the road I live on biweekly with a salt+oil sludge because someone thinks roads oughta be dust free? FRICK. Dry climate gays have no idea how good they have it. You could hypothetically buy one car your entire life and motor and troony swap it perpetually. Meanwhile i'm over here undercoating my car with fluid film and washing it constantly 4 months out of the year just for the hope that I can keep it long enough for the engine to die a good death.
      >pic related
      >not mine but pretty much exactly what the subframe looked like on my 04 cavalier with 110k miles before replacing it with a part from arizona of the same vintage, which thanks to the climate came completely immaculate, not a spec of rust

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

whats up with MI and OH difference

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *