>is overrated

>is overrated

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Are you trying to imply a torsion differential is overrated? Because if you're a Chad with RWD, a Trutrac is the strongest and most well mannered street/strip/mild offroad differential there is.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

wrong. a standard clutch pack diff is the best

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you couldnt be more wrong if you tried

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Ah yes, needing to adjust springs, replace clutches, when you can be not a poor frick and shell out $200 more for an indestructible maintenance free carrier that'll hold 1000hp.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

not to mention the clunks
          they clunk by nature

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

torsens clunk

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>t. 300,000 mile worn out torsen driver

Clunking is usually a clapped out unit (his mom) or things like a lunchbox locker or the 'detroit' locker's that are just pawls and teeth that grab. Clutch LSD's are tuneable so for some specific situations they can be great, but for the vast majority a Trutrac or similar torsion diff is an absolute unit. Mine has a good 150k miles of hard use on it launching a 4000lb brick and it couldn't give a single frick. I've not even changed the fluid since I installed it.

All the tuneable clutchpack LSDs use freeplay in the spider gear shaft to drive the clutchpacks together = clunking

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Now I know you're moronic. Specifically a Truetrac does not and will never clunk, if by chance some OEM made a dogshit torsion that is not a blanket ruling over them. There's nothing to clunk, it's gear on gear with no slop in them, they're either open when needed, or locked fully when under torque load (ie; more than light throttle in corners)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you don't need slop to clunk.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

In this setup, you do. The clunk in a diff is only going to be one of two things, engagement, or delayed engagement because shit's worn out, and torsion's do not clunk, gears with room to clunk means they're worn or not set properly and will fail. I daily 3 rigs with torsion carriers, guess what, no clunks ever, just hook and book.

It'd help if I replied properly.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

In this setup, you do. The clunk in a diff is only going to be one of two things, engagement, or delayed engagement because shit's worn out, and torsion's do not clunk, gears with room to clunk means they're worn or not set properly and will fail. I daily 3 rigs with torsion carriers, guess what, no clunks ever, just hook and book.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

are you sure about that?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Did I stutter?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

*clunk* *clunk* *clunk*

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Almost 5 years of driving on a near daily basis, and somewhere around 160-180k miles on it since then, not a clunk in sight even today on the way home sliding around corners and hammering on it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that's not a torsen

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's an open diff idiot.

Should look closer at the previous posts dipshits. Congrats you can spot an open diff, yet manage to miss the blown up teeth, that's why it got fresh gears and a Truetrac dropped in.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's an open diff idiot.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

looks like a couple of chipped teeth

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Clunking is usually a clapped out unit (his mom) or things like a lunchbox locker or the 'detroit' locker's that are just pawls and teeth that grab. Clutch LSD's are tuneable so for some specific situations they can be great, but for the vast majority a Trutrac or similar torsion diff is an absolute unit. Mine has a good 150k miles of hard use on it launching a 4000lb brick and it couldn't give a single frick. I've not even changed the fluid since I installed it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A clutch pack diff can be adjusted to suit any scenario you need and more importantly can be fully locked, sure. But you need to actually set the thing up properly, the clutches wear out, they're noisy, not the best for street use.
        Geared LSDs are set-and-forget, just as well-mannered as an open diff for daily driving but a massive upgrade in traction. If you're doing an all-out track build go for a clutch pack diff, if you spend more time on the street just get a geared one.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Hot shit, an anon with sense. As for Truetracs specifically, I know a few guys in the 6-7 seconds range that have yet to blow one up, despite twisting aftermarket axles and one guy who managed to blow up his 12 bolt pinion and bust the housing.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ummm sweetie if you don't like LSDs it's only because you have a shit car or suck at driving

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i just don't like the trip it gives

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what the frick is a differential?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

late 1930s GM made some handy videos for most automotive questions

?t=116

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I love those things. they're informative, but easy to understand, and not patronizing.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

And no goddamn ukuleles or globohomosexual pastels.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I love those things. they're informative, but easy to understand, and not patronizing.

i wonder how these guys would react if they were told that even almost a century later not much else could top their explanations for the things they cover. I know it was an advertisement for chevy as well, but still.
        I only wish they could've covered the auto transmission because the existing videos on youtube about these are nowhere near as good.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *