Is the Titan actually based?

>V8
>Column Shifter
>Leaf Springs
>Most of the same bells and whistles as the big 3

With 2023 being the last model year these were made, lots of these are $15-$20k off MSRP.
It seems like these are one of the last trucks that's actually still truck-like, not some turbo charged bullshit with all the options your mom insists on.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yes it's a gem

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You're stupid as frick and haven't drive a 3.5 Ecoboost or 3.4 Tundra.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

those trucks both suck at being reliable after the warranty ends, especially the tundra with its bmw n54 wastegates

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>those trucks both suck at being reliable after the warranty ends
        Plenty of ecoboobs out there with over 200k, what are you talking about?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Your are stupid too dude, my companies fleet of 2.7s and 3.5s have a frickton of miles. Even after having the cam phaser shits fixed after wayyy too long

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

So how many cam phaser revisions is Ford on? Four? What about 10 speed revisions?

Insane how after 15 years Ford can't build a reliable timing chain OR transmission

>those trucks both suck at being reliable after the warranty ends
          Plenty of ecoboobs out there with over 200k, what are you talking about?

At 200k miles they're leaking literally every fluid and need turbos and timing chain bare minimum. A 200k mile Ecoboost is a $10k repair bill.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bro that's every vehicle with 200k. Find an engine with that much that never needed new seals or gaskets or hoses. Rubber and plastic break down over time no matter what engine it's attached to. That's why they're called "wear items"

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah and the Titan is the closest built to those old vehicles that would go to 200,000 miles on just oil changes because it doesn't have two turbos putting out a frickton of heat and heat cycles into the bay to make every rubber part and seal a hard brittle plastic. Even the Dodge Hemis and GM V8s can't keep themselves from eating lifters and cams like candy while the Titan has no issues.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

older truck gassers are famous for making it to 250k-300k on oil changes, particularly if you got the bigger engine option
            90s SBCs and BBCs, early Vortecs, 80s-90s Fords like the 300 and 302, 90s Ford 2vs, even 90s Dodge Magnums
            automatic transmissions are always a crapshoot but back then you still had a manual option 99% of the time

still zillions of these out there doing work while Braydon doesn't use his F150 Platinum 5.0 for anything but commuting to the office, really working that 10-speed

When people say things like "goes 200k with just oil changes" they don't mean LITERALLY just oil changes. What that means is that the ENGINE can last 200k. No wear items last 200k. Belts, hoses, seals, gaskets, those all still have to be replaced at the same intervals if it's a 1989 6 cylinder F150 or a 2023 twin turbo F150. A twin turbo has more things to check and replace, yes, and maintenance is more expensive as a result, yes, but that's not the argument being made.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Gaskets and hoses can last that time no problem. Rubbers and gaskets are more of a time issue. They can easily last 300k+ but lasting 15 years is the real issue. With that said, sometimes things just never break if you don't touch them. There's plenty of antiques you'll find that don't leak simply because nobody's poked around and upset the system. The other problem with forced induction though is you have more outlets for heat since you're extending the exhaust outward with the turbo which lets it degrade surrounding rubber quicker

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The other problem is you're basically saying that because the car has good compression and isn't burning oil out of spec means that it's 100% good. A 200k mile Ecoboost leaking oil/coolant with clacking timing chains is going to run like dogshit and 95% of consumers will trade it in at that point.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

older truck gassers are famous for making it to 250k-300k on oil changes, particularly if you got the bigger engine option
            90s SBCs and BBCs, early Vortecs, 80s-90s Fords like the 300 and 302, 90s Ford 2vs, even 90s Dodge Magnums
            automatic transmissions are always a crapshoot but back then you still had a manual option 99% of the time

still zillions of these out there doing work while Braydon doesn't use his F150 Platinum 5.0 for anything but commuting to the office, really working that 10-speed

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>still truck like
    ok anon

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>gets in a fender bender
      >dies

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>cant haul a 4x8 sheet

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>lowers tailgate in your path
          heh nothing personnel

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yea it's great. The only reason the big 3 burger manufacturers are relevant is because American new car buyers are biased towards American cars despite them being utter shit.

t. cummins titan

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> t. cummins titan
      I’m so sorry

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Frontiers and Titans are great. All the benefits of the Tacoma and Tundra without the price gouging.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh 5/8 ton
    You'd be better off just getting a 2500 and being done with it altogether. 6.0 chevy, 6.2/7.3 ford, or cummins ram. You'll never find a trailer too heavy to tow or object too heavy to haul on a non commercial license with a 2500.

• 3 weeks ago
      sage

They did away with that you moron

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Nissan is the only company making regular honest trucks anymore

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Typical Nissan ownership involves transmission failures and replacing every sensor before 80k. Idk why Nissan sucks so bad at those two things.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The RWD applications use conventional 5/7/9 speed Automatics though. The worst I've seen on the 5 speed autos is solenoids crapping themselves which is nothing compared to a GM 4/6 speed of that era like a 4L60E or 6L80E which has you rebuilding by 120k miles or less

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nissan truck transmissions shift like shit though. It may be reliable but frick me it isn’t nice to drive. The new Ford/GM 10 speed feels way better. So far no issues on any of mine.

• 3 weeks ago
          sage

I too love a transmission that constantly hunts gears. But hey it feels better right. That’s what you want over reliability

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have never had one hunt gears but I have the 10r140 mated to a diesel so idk about the smaller ones.

9. 3 weeks ago
    p

These are unreliable heaps of shit and sell extremely poorly for this reason.
    You should get one

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I dont even like column shifters

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Faxk Nissan for not marketing it. Now we have only two V8 pickup options left.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like mine.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *