Is there actually any reason to get one of these over the new camry?

Is there actually any reason to get one of these over the new camry? Highest trim camry is a few grand cheaper than the lowest trim crown and they are (almost) mechanically identical.

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

That looks horrible

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

So does the new Crown (the rear is worse).

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

You might be able to negotiate the price down or else get better financing on the Crown vs. the Camry since Crowns have been slow sellers for a while now.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

A fully kitted out camry XSE with AWD is about 2k cheaper than the base XSE crown. Assuming you can negotiate it down to the same price, is the base crown a better buy over a camry with all the bells and whistles?

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

absolutely. although you will miss out on 3d camera and self parking if those matter to you. also no sun roof in the base crown

t. moronic crown owner

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

How do you like it? Do you have the regular 2.5 or the i-force?

https://i.imgur.com/xm5gBVD.jpeg

They dropped the camry in Japan, this is meant to be the replacement platform but Toyota USA and americans always gets stuck on naming conventions. The interior should be a lot better, but I haven't seen the current camry.

[...]
          A design goal was to allow for ease of getting in/out for rickety old people. So it sits higher than a normal sedan but I think the one we have is still shorter than most crossovers. I've only seen one in the wild so far but that was a while ago.
          Japan already has two of the crossover variants, and the sedan.

In the US, it is classified as a large car. It certainly looks like a crossover, but it still retains car characteristics like a regular trunk. I really wish we'd get that silver sedan variant here.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>It certainly looks like a crossover
            You're right, went to check the differences and our 'normal' Crown is the one Japan calls the crossover. The sedan doesn't have the hump above the rear wheel.

The next one the US is getting is on the far right of the image. Japan got the red "sports" one instead. We're probably not going to get the sedan variant for as long as we continue the Camry.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

I really enjoy driving it. it is a beautifully assembled vehicle and extremely comfortable. there are a few small annoying things with the software but I think you would get that in the camry too. really smooth ride, the luxuriousness is what sets it apart from camry. that being said it is a modern appliance car, don't expect insane performance but it is decently fun to drive speedy

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

i have the normal hybrid system, not the turbo

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>fully kitted out camry XSE with AWD is about 2k cheaper than the base XSE crown.
        It's been said that for resale value it's better to get the top trim of a lower model than the base trim of a higher model.

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Toyota lineup is really confusing. Especially with the new “land cruiser” and the new 4runner. Is the crown just bigger and sits higher so people will think it’s like an suv and get chumped into paying more?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>Is the crown just bigger and sits higher so people will think it’s like an suv and get chumped into paying more?
      Congratulations you just decoded the entire reason the concept of a "compact crossover" exists.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>and they are (almost) mechanically identical
    you know full well that's not the point, anon, but go wild and buy that camry, nobody cares.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>you know full well that's not the point
      Ok then, what is the point?

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I can't tell if that's trying to be a suv or a sedan.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I think both, trying to replace the avalon but make it slightly more suv like to trick morons.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

They dropped the camry in Japan, this is meant to be the replacement platform but Toyota USA and americans always gets stuck on naming conventions. The interior should be a lot better, but I haven't seen the current camry.

I think both, trying to replace the avalon but make it slightly more suv like to trick morons.

A design goal was to allow for ease of getting in/out for rickety old people. So it sits higher than a normal sedan but I think the one we have is still shorter than most crossovers. I've only seen one in the wild so far but that was a while ago.
      Japan already has two of the crossover variants, and the sedan.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>A design goal was to allow for ease of getting in/out for rickety old people
        Boomermobile

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Black hoods are literally to stop glare in a race car, what the frick does it need a SHINY GLOSS black hood for?
    RICED from the FACTORY

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I'm ok with it. I'm glad two-tone paint options are making a comeback.

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

It's a disgrace to the crown name but I'd still get the 340hp one. At least the "estate" is coming to America. I rather the sedan be here.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

It's literally more of the crossover than the regular crown. I agree though, the sedan is easily the best looking of the bunch.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>the good Crown name
      I instinctually hate all Crown owners. Especially white/silver ones, since the undercover cops use those colors the most. Stop making me paranoid in traffic!

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I swear toyota makes the ugliest cars imaginable now

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>now

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

the s120 and s130 crowns were and looked very comfy

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *