is there any reliable german car (us market) made within the past 15 years?

is there any reliable german car (us market) made within the past 15 years?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

most reliable german car you're ever going to get are the diesels, and VW kind of fricked the reputation of those up in america.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

B57 my beloved

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Diesels after the 1.9TDi became horribly unreliable, not like American diesels are better just look at turds like the 6.0/6.4 Powerstroke. Ironically the American pickups and Euro diesels have the same failure point that makes them unreliable which is a high pressure fuel pump that sends metal through the fuel system when it goes bad (Bosch cp4) and has you replacing everything in the fuel system.

X1
      X2
      X3
      X4
      X5
      X6
      X7
      2 Series
      3 Series
      4 Series
      5 Series
      6 Series
      7 Series
      8 Series
      Z4
      iX
      i4
      i5
      i7
      XM

A3
      A4
      A5
      A6
      A7
      A8

Do your maintenance and it'll last forever white man.

Audis are a crap shoot

I would say late model revised N55 BMWs and B48/B58 BMWs, and late model EA888 2.0Ts (think 2014+). The VWs have to deal with timing chain issues at higher miles + intake carbonization. The BMWs are reliable in the powertrain it's just the rest of the car now that'll kill itself and you can't preventive maintenance a $7000 headlight replacement (iirc the AWD crossovers have Tcase issues)

Wouldn't touch a V8 Turbo BMW with someone else's dick.

is mercedes-benz truly that much worse than bimmer and audi?

Yes, M256 their Turbo 6cyl for example has wiring harnesses that disintegrate at the coil pack connectors.

Honestly VW/Audi is the most reliable just let down by their insistence on getting the cheapest possible suppliers to the point that half the car is made in PRC.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I wouldn't say that the 1.6/2.0 TDI is "horribly unreliable" compared to anything except pre-PD.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

Diesels after the 1.9TDi became horribly unreliable, not like American diesels are better just look at turds like the 6.0/6.4 Powerstroke. Ironically the American pickups and Euro diesels have the same failure point that makes them unreliable which is a high pressure fuel pump that sends metal through the fuel system when it goes bad (Bosch cp4) and has you replacing everything in the fuel system.

[...]
          Audis are a crap shoot

I would say late model revised N55 BMWs and B48/B58 BMWs, and late model EA888 2.0Ts (think 2014+). The VWs have to deal with timing chain issues at higher miles + intake carbonization. The BMWs are reliable in the powertrain it's just the rest of the car now that'll kill itself and you can't preventive maintenance a $7000 headlight replacement (iirc the AWD crossovers have Tcase issues)

Wouldn't touch a V8 Turbo BMW with someone else's dick.

[...]
          Yes, M256 their Turbo 6cyl for example has wiring harnesses that disintegrate at the coil pack connectors.

Honestly VW/Audi is the most reliable just let down by their insistence on getting the cheapest possible suppliers to the point that half the car is made in PRC.

Them dodges are good that’s the most reliable car you can get nowadays

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

X1
    X2
    X3
    X4
    X5
    X6
    X7
    2 Series
    3 Series
    4 Series
    5 Series
    6 Series
    7 Series
    8 Series
    Z4
    iX
    i4
    i5
    i7
    XM

A3
    A4
    A5
    A6
    A7
    A8

Do your maintenance and it'll last forever white man.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

is mercedes-benz truly that much worse than bimmer and audi?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>US market
        It's going to depend heavily on the previous owner. Avoid every single base model, it will have been leased to a complete moron that wanted to look rich.

Mercedes started shitting the bed in the very late 90s/early 2000s. Everything started to be made on a budget starting with the W220.

are the 90s 3 series reliable?

E36s are pretty solid, E46s less so (but they're still okay).

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Do your maintenance and it'll last forever white man.
      People always say this and yet my coworkers mums X5 is already leaking oil and that piece of shit has less than 5000 miles and is half a year old

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Leaking gaskets are a maintenance issue and if your oil filter housing is leaking at 70,000 miles you clearly didn't do enough oil changes.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

read the post again moron. Leaking at less than 5000 miles

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

She was clearly supposed to change the oil every 1,000 miles. Again, the owner is at fault and it's a maintenance issue.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>changing oil every 1000 miles. Are you moronic? That's like changing oil every month

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Do your maintenance and it'll last forever white man.
      out of your mind jeet, it's leasebait

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

True tbh. Audi and BMW have been doing good work for the last decade. Exception of the BMW ttV8 and 28is of course.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get a Toyota and stfu about it.
    You wouldn't believe how well-made Toyotas are.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Benz: 2011-2014 C63 AMG is gud. 2011+ E63 AMGs are gud. I think even some M113/M113K cars sneak into your 15 year window.

Bimmer: N52 was used until 2013ish? Likewise for M57.

Porsche: 987.2/997.2 is reliable, as is Cayenne 3.2/3.6 (all gens), or 958 4.8 2013-2017.

For VW, I only know that the TDV6 and VR6 are reliable.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

German cars exist to push technology forwards, Japs to make boring reliable NA CVT 4cyl econoboxes.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ah yes you get to beta test unproven technologies like timing chain tensioners and wiring insulation and direct injection and really bad packaging

Benz: 2011-2014 C63 AMG is gud. 2011+ E63 AMGs are gud. I think even some M113/M113K cars sneak into your 15 year window.

Bimmer: N52 was used until 2013ish? Likewise for M57.

Porsche: 987.2/997.2 is reliable, as is Cayenne 3.2/3.6 (all gens), or 958 4.8 2013-2017.

For VW, I only know that the TDV6 and VR6 are reliable.

Yeah I agree N52 is reliable, it was the last na motor

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Audi A4/A5

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

are the 90s 3 series reliable?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Frick no. BMW started following EU environmental framework and made their rubber/plastic parts objectively worse to every other brand of that era to meet regulations. They also started using FEA/AutoCAD in design to see where they didn't need additional welds/metal on structural components (less materials = better for environment and profits)

BMW has also bragged about their cars being easy to recycle since the early 1990s when they started following this initiative. Video below is a BMW recycling center in Germany. The manufacturer brags about the cars being easy to recycle.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The manufacturer brags about the cars being easy to recycle.
        kekd

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

NOBODY TELL HIM

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>is there any reliable german car
    Maybe some of the older simpler ones. The modern ones are proper shit.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

porsche 996 and 997 models with a mezger engine (turbos or gt cars)

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The worst cars to come out in recent memory in terms of reliability are Toyotas (new turbo V6 in the tundra). Meanwhile the best Toyotas in terms of reliability to come out recently uses a German engine (B58 in Supra).

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

haha i'm gonna reply to someone with a joke picture about using crooked wheel spacers and he's going to think i'm being serious and not believe me when i tell him i was just joking.

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

A6 C7.5

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

which engine/trans combo is the best on these?

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>is there any reliable german car (us market) made within the past 15 years?
    kek, no

14. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Anything with the B58 will be fairly reliable.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

well the engine will be reliable, everything else around it is going to fall apart.

15. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

ENTER

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *