Is there someone who specialized in swapping your car to manual transmission?

I have a new ‘23 Pickup and want to convert to a manual transmission, just through the floor board etc is fine.
Is there someplace that will do this? Would it cost around 10-20k for such conversion if even possible?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have a new truck and want to spend $15 k to Fu** it up.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For 20k you could just get an older truck with a manual and have two.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Manuals are for sports cars. Why would you want one in a lifestyle vehicle?
    >"Look at me! I have a small penis *AND* I make extra work for myself!"

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The only purpose "enthusiasts" have for manuals is they want to drop to the wrong gear to make a loud noise so their car sounds cooler to other apish morons. With a truck that's how they "roll coal" or shit out a ton of smoke, by putting it into the wrong gear.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>With a truck that's how they "roll coal" or shit out a ton of smoke, by putting it into the wrong gear.
        shut up fricking moron, this is not how it works. Almost no diesel pickups have a manual and we do it by turning the fueling up too much for the airflow.

t. coal roller who makes more torque on my clean tune than every car you'll ever own put together

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Wdym that is how it works, if I put muh truck in 6th at 20 mph and put the pedal to the floor it fricking chooches.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You probably drive a little truck

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

rolling coal is identical to running rich like what makes Fords stink and dyes the black of your tailpipe and body panels right above them black. It's not revving high.

Only enthusiasts want manuals though. I've noticed nobody else gives a frick, at all. I row gears in every auto that lets me for hills, tho, and must buy a car that has flappies to do so.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why are you asking us? Can you not do your own research? Or is this just more bait to here morons like b***h an whine.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Do you think about people's penises often?

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why did the anon above me instantly think of a man's penis for wanting to drive manual

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You don't know the purpose of buying a truck?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm not american. I'd buy a truck to haul shit around

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

why the frick would you do that?
          oh, then you want auto and i refer to my previous question.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nah. auto fricking sucks. having to wait for the fricking thing to shift feels like forever

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Drive an auto made in the last 5 years my guy. The ford/chevy 10 speed shifts very fast.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

$$$ to rebuild
            Still not as fun

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Anon you're supposed to buy a new truck once the troony breaks. Rebuild? Get with the times, stimulate the economy

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nah

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What do you drive, something from the 1980s?

dad had a 2019 Hyundai. it's a Hyundai but it was brand new

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>it's pure shit but brand new

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your point is moot regardless

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not really it’s a horrid slush box designed by good for nigs to barely work.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the car should be new
            >no, not that car
            ok

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Last I heard those things gernaded themselves just outside the warranty.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What do you drive, something from the 1980s?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>t. cant even drive an auto
            noob.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

he has a point. when i see a truck i think 'that will allow me to get more work done' or something similar, but when you see one you instantly think about the owner's wiener. i guess that's just the difference between someone who isn't gay (me) and someone who is (you).

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just bash it with a rock if you wanna send it back to the stone age.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

what magical fricking manual transmission do even plan on sticking in ur pigupp trugg? Any T56/tr6060 is premium these days.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
      Can i afford to buy a jar of peanut butter ?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You might be able to swing throwing something behind a cummins powered truck. They dropped them for the 5th gen 19+ trucks but with some fab support and bellhousings you might be able to throw something like a G56 to it? More fab and might even fit something like a 10 speed eaton.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What is the point of a manual transmission on a trugg

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Back in the day there were a lot better than the autos made of used tissues and toothpicks. They are still pretty good and provide a good deal of control just like how DSGs are generally just better than a manual in a sports car. Same reasons for both parties.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Better offroad. Although manualmatics have mostly caught up to that.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

fricktard auto has always been better offroad. maybe not as bulletproof offroad but always better.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Just outed yourself as a bus rider. Stick has far more control than the stab and pray auto.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

in every possible scenario you can come up with i will outmaneuver you in my old auto jeep and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it except install a copebox aka crawler box, but then you cant just floor it and get instant wheel speed without shifting first. you just cannot win.
            offroad is about slow speed control with the possible need for HOLYFRICK-FLOOR IT and thats what auto does just using your left foot. with manual it takes more effort and the slowest speeds cant be maintained without riding on the clutch all day.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>old auto jeep
            gay

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>convert to a manual transmission
    im sure its possible, i dont know if any shop would do it but im sure a few might. id hope it would cost no more than 10k. you probably would have some electrical issues pop up having no trans communication with the computers anymore and i have no clue how to stop that from happening.
    why not just buy a truck with a manual in the first place?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>why not just buy a truck with a manual in the first place?
      Because the world is gay and we can't have nice things like that. I think first dropped the manual option from all of their full sized trucks in the US by 2010 or so, Chevy was around the same time. Cummins stated around a lot longer, but then you had to have it in an FCA product.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

heh, here in aus people are starting to go after the chink Great Wall manual boxes since they're apparenty copies of the toyota W gearboxes

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why didn't you just get a Tacoma

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If the vehicle was never fitted with a manual, it will be very difficult and expensive or even illegal in some areas due to emissions system modifications

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can but not without fricking shit up and voiding your warranty.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Hotwing

Manual trucks are miserable. Just enjoy your nice new truck lad. If you’ve got $15k-$20k to convert it, just spend that money on a c5 vette with a stick

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What's more miserable is the clunky 8 speed mated to this 2.7...
      Figured I'd ask as I would want to either upgrade to the better 10 speed (is that possible?) or better convert to manual.
      The truck has disappointed in a lot of regards so far but is about the only regular cab you can buy these days (f150 as well?).

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Shouldn't have bought the 2.7, simple as

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>moronic wrenchlet can't even do his own research asking about a highly custom job
    Oh, this thread for the 1000th time. My favorite.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You feel like you aren't in control of your life and are looking for anything you can exert control over.

Just drive and enjoy the auto like everyone else. It's better. Just get over it.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not possible. the most recent manual that would even remotely be compatible is the 6 speed from the previous gen diesel Ram. It was so weak that Cummins had to derate the versions equipped with it, and modern gassers have more power and broadly equal torque to those older model Cummins. You would get worse fuel mileage than the 10 speed auto, worse towing capacity, and worse reliability because your engine is too powerful for it.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

"imma invest 15.000$ into my truck to decrease its value by 15.000$"

that's you
    that's what this hairbrained twaddle sounds like

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Damn this is a based idea. I have a '23 F-150 and I didn't realize until after I bought it that the 10r80 is a massive piece of shit. I'd love to swap in a manual troony, but it's probably not worth the cost/effort.

>caring about resale value
      kys

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your truck has a LT engine so there is no place on the crank for a pilot bushing for a manual transmission. There is a company called lojconversions that has a bushing to use a manual trans. He also sell a 4x4 adapter for a t56/tr6060 6 speed manual transmission. (GM México parts catalog) shows these trucks were offered with standard transmissions from 2014-15 behind the 4.3L rcsb trucks. So you could get a pedal from one of them/chevy dealer to install in your truck. https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/2018-silverado-t56-swap-what-do-body-wire-harness-junction-box-560683/

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

[...]
      Tell the truth, how old are you?

Even more proof.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Anything is possible, with enough money he can have the world's first manual swapped 4th gen Silverado but don't expect DA to provide step by step instructions. Everyone else is probably just too unmanly to do it to their trucks. Why did you leave out your age?

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

Tell the truth, how old are you?

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why didn't you just buy a manual in the first place?

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Anon put the truck in L and manually shift gears with the (+/-) buttons on the shift stalk
    See getting to know your chevy

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *