Is this a good car?

Is this a good car?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Some boomer at my wife's church has one that he just drives to the mechanic 2x a year for an oil change and he wouldn't sell it to me. Black person.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>inb4 mcdonald rental spec
    More than you can afford, pal.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

these are cheap for a reason, deferred maintainance is going to kill your wallet. Buy at your own risk. Good driving dynamics though.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Not much power, it's a nice motor though, I hit the limiter three gears in a row.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Imo a 2zz swapped mr2 is the better route monetarily, but it is an objective improvement at least performance wise. I just wouldn't wanna pay porsche money on entry porsche maintenance. Might as well get an s2000

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

You can find them dirt cheap with a blown motor. Like $2-4000. They're entirely comparable to a S2000 if it's in S form.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

A S2000 is like twice the price of a 986 now.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

mr2s have come into their own with various generations and 2xx aluminum engine swaps of various degress and mods as performance cars, but as used dailies that drive nice the porsches are bargains comparatively due to their availability, and maintenance may be expensive but they at least last if they ever need and get repaired. no one bought mr2s so prices are nuts relatively speaking for any clean example

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

this question has been posted 100 times and the conclusion every time is you’re better off buying the 911

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>you’re better off buying the 911

?si=RbR24z5L88fexomd

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Don't ever compare this McDonald's strutted rental spec piece of shit to the legendary Honda s2000. Fricking dumbass.

?si=yjLpvuw8vyEM_8gW

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

narp.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

no
    any more questions?

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

its great, no one likes the egglamps though. still amazed there is no simple and tasteful visual mod for it since its not a classic design and never will be.
    its nothing insane numbers wise just drives well though, so no bragging rights, but great for enjoyment and came at a time before porsche had any real reliability issues

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>came at a time before porsche had any real reliability issues
      It was released in the 90s, not the 30s, anon.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I have one and I like it a lot. Ask away.
    Here's my tips:
    - Get a 97-99 2.5l, because:
    > Shorter gearing than S, better sound
    > Dual row IMS
    > Throttle cable
    > Just like spec Boxster! It's a racecar! Wow!
    Prices are definitely going up but they made a kajillion so really, really, really take your time and find a good one at a good price.
    What's a "good one"? Considering these are 25 year old cars, I would prioritize appearance (body/interior) first. Replacement engines are widely available. You'll likely need to do a clutch soon. You'll likely need to do a full suspension refresh (so don't worry about getting one with M030, I made this mistake).
    So: try to snipe one for $6-8k that's clean clean clean. Spend $4k on suspension. Spend $500 on eBay exhaust. Expect to do clutch and RMS. Get the book "101 Projects" (also largely online at Pelican Parts). The lovely thing about this car is that absolutely everything is autistically documented, because of that it's great to learn to wrench on as long as you can afford the startup costs (tools/etc.).
    - Hardtop is worth $800+, use this to negotiate
    911 is not at all worth the premium IMHO.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Also, 97-99:
      > ABS is an option
      > TC is an option
      Very nice to have a raw vehicle like that.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Shorter gearing can also be achieved on a 2.7 with a FWD B5 Passat/A4 5-speed gearbox.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Great car with a bad engine. Damn things are so cheap that I'm surprised an off the shelf swap kits aren't more popular
    Renegade Hybrids makes an LS swap kit, but it requires lots of cutting into the body. A VW 1.8T swap makes the most sense since the engine bolts directly to the transmission and costs nothing, but other than a handful of individuals no shop actually offers it

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *