2. 2 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

flip the pump cam upside down

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Don't need to if you are supercharged AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Or install the cam with the proper profile for the application.

• 1 week ago
        Greased Geese

the pink cam is the one that typically comes on them from holley and putting it on upside down has always given me perfect off idle throttle response.

I would never buy a 2bbl from Holley.

i payed like 40 dollars for one from ebay
        all I had to do was put an accelerator pump diaphram, power valve and bowl gaskets.
        I did have to block sand the accelerator pump cover and the bowl to make them seal but it's together and it runs perfect.
        the price for a new 350 holley is frickining moronic I think they want near 400 bucks for them but you can still find used ones off ebay.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I can understand wanting the cheapest thing you can get, but there are much better 2bbl carbs for not much more money.
          Also,
          >payed
          paid

• 1 week ago
            Greased Geese

>cheapest
            im just suggesting it incase anyone needs one and are discouraged by the price of a brand new one as opposed to buying a chink-made autolite clone.

?si=CHNnDdFZd93tx5Mu

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

If someone wants a cheap 2bbl carb, I'd recommend getting an used Motorcraft/Weber/Carter and rebuilding it.

• 1 week ago
            Greased Geese

>motorcraft
            the motorcraft 2bbl are actually very similar to the hollley 350s, same jets, powervalves and accelerator pump, the big difference is that instead of a bowl it has a lid.
            personally I won't frick with them anymore because of a failure with a venturi booster one morning disabled the idle circuit

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

I've never had a problem out of the Motorcraft that was on my Jeep when I bought it, but it's always a crap shoot when dealing with 60yo parts.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>price for a new 350 holley is frickining moronic
          Holley's pricing model is a joke now.
          >everybody always buys the 650dp so well make it $250 and just ship crates of them to vendors.
          >oh, you actually know what your vehicle requires and want the 485 with vacuum secondaries? That'll be $825....

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>holley
    Only decent holley product is the sniper

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>sniper
      Those suck ass.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Why? Just want a cheap carb to get my tb42 going and convert to blow through for low boost 6-10 psi

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Still better than any other holley product.
        They are quite good on rotaries too.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>Still better than any other holley product
          Not saying much these days.

https://i.imgur.com/xEd6sxr.jpeg

from the bowels of my eurethra
          frick all tbi kits.

Based.

• 1 week ago
      Greased Geese

from the bowels of my eurethra
      frick all tbi kits.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

the pink cam is the one that typically comes on them from holley and putting it on upside down has always given me perfect off idle throttle response.
        [...]
        i payed like 40 dollars for one from ebay
        all I had to do was put an accelerator pump diaphram, power valve and bowl gaskets.
        I did have to block sand the accelerator pump cover and the bowl to make them seal but it's together and it runs perfect.
        the price for a new 350 holley is frickining moronic I think they want near 400 bucks for them but you can still find used ones off ebay.

Why tbi shit explain to me

>two barrels
        >single stage
        >fixed venturi/jetting
        no

Its not fixed jets

The holley 2300 is my go-to for two barrels. Awesome carb. Carter BBD/YF is also not bad. I've had nonstop problems tuning Weber 32/36 and 38's, especially on anything bigger than a 2.5L, and would avoid in general unless working on something like a 22R (and even then, would avoid). Only ever ran one Motorcraft 2100, and it was alright.

Just installed a Sniper 2 on a mildly built 454 chevrolet big block, and it's been awesome. Would recommend, but it's a high cost for entry, and most would rather run a carb. I'll probably default to those if the budget allows for future projects.

Mad cheers whats a good fuel pump you'd recommend 5.5psi

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>Why tbi shit explain to me
          It has all the weaknesses of a single carb, inconsistent per cylinder fueling being the big one, and none of the benefits.

• 1 week ago
          Greased Geese

>kits are expensive
          >mostly popular among fat zoomers
          >don't really gain much over just having a normal carberator with an afr guage
          >programing computer boxes can be finnicky, have seen them just lose tunes over night
          don't get me wrong, sticking injectors in a throttle body is a cool idea but for fuel injection
          multiport batch fire is peak, if you can afford fuel injection and you can get that instead you'd be better off.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not really.
    When they work, they're okay. Just okay.
    the sideways float bowl and valve body constantly weep, and they're a bit finicky to tune.
    Get a carter or weber.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cheers already ordered the c**t hahah bugger

>holley
      Only decent holley product is the sniper

Their like 2k dollarydoos here frick that maybe when i go turbo stupid aussie monopoly money this one will cost 1k with adaptors which is about 500 sepppdoosdoo

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

yeah i was looking at a sniper/sniper 2 kit for a 383 before, but now i think i'll just stick with the avs2. annular flow primaries give it a fuel injector-like spray pattern and the throttle response is apparently about as close as you can get to fuel injection without actually going to a tbi kit.
        a lot of boomers seem to have problems with the sniper kits but i suspect that many of them just wanted something that's plug and play and/or also weren't too good with computers, the people that seemed to really like the tbi kits took the time to tune them for a long while after the initial install.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

electronic quadrajet > all

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

whats the cheapest efi/blow thru style carb to use with a smaller 10psi turbo

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Redpill me on cd carbs

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

The holley 2300 is my go-to for two barrels. Awesome carb. Carter BBD/YF is also not bad. I've had nonstop problems tuning Weber 32/36 and 38's, especially on anything bigger than a 2.5L, and would avoid in general unless working on something like a 22R (and even then, would avoid). Only ever ran one Motorcraft 2100, and it was alright.

Just installed a Sniper 2 on a mildly built 454 chevrolet big block, and it's been awesome. Would recommend, but it's a high cost for entry, and most would rather run a carb. I'll probably default to those if the budget allows for future projects.

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>two barrels
    >single stage
    >fixed venturi/jetting
    no

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

If you plan to use E85 fuel, then Holley carbs are good for this purpose.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

You have to get a carb ment for E85, the stoichiometric ratio is way different and you need to flow a lot more fuel than a normal carb is meant for.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *