Is this a prudent purchase ?

I'm a guy. I make $71k at age 29. I work in IT.
I drive a used car that I got for $9k in 2022.

Now, I would really, really like to get this Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison edition.

Pls help me justify my decision. I am very unsure.
What would you do in my position ?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

At 29 years old I was making 90k and spent $70 a month on the tram. I would sleep on the train to and from work. Was amazing.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's a shitty overpriced pickup that wont help you with ladies. You're at risk of being laid off and you would quickly become poor and have it repod.

Id drive shitboxes and save up/invest money

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>shitty overpriced pickup that wont help you with l-ACK

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>house
        What does it say about me wanting a mail truck

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What was the population sample for that survey? Overweight women in Texas?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The girls who answered "UPS truck" and "Mail truck" are definitely coomers

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>survey commissioned by GM, Ford and Chrysler

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Low SMV male with a shitbox

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

au contraire
            buying a BIGG TRUGG to impress women is an actual cope and simp behavior.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Best advice and 100% real.
      If you make good money don't poss it away on debt, also women don't give a FRICK about cars.

Also get a half ton or a heavy duty.
      OP doesn't realise it yet but being able to tow shit is huge.
      It'll inly take a year of owning a truck to realize you should've just ponied up the extra cash for a 2500 or 3500 the split second you want to actually tow a trailer.

At the end of the day it's just a vehicle and all vehicles flat out suck fricking dick the spilt second you get a real mechanical problem of any kind.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Frick that just buy some other shit box trucks and give it a mild lift and bigger tires. Those quarter tons suck dick.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's your use case for a truck?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

hauling his fat hog (micropp)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I seek to attract women. I am a shitskinned little Indian who is of below average height (5'7) but has a stout muscular body. Unlike most other Indians (and other people of all races) I have piss-poor social skills and speaking skills. I apologize constantly, and most of my conversation with normal people involves simply being a "good natured guy" who converses in 'thank yous, sorrys, and pleases'. I cannot crack jokes like a normal person can. Other people (Indian, Chinese, White, doesn't matter which race) all think I'm either a weirdo or not assertive at all. In fact, if someone were to walk up to me and hit me in the face, I would simply run away.

That's a shitty overpriced pickup that wont help you with ladies. You're at risk of being laid off and you would quickly become poor and have it repod.

Id drive shitboxes and save up/invest money

Then what would ?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You have to work on personality to attract women. It might also help to arrange a marriage with an indian girl. Honestly speaking here, I know an Indian guy who drives a 2000 camry with a breathalyzer and he has an attractive white girlfriend. Apperently going to the bar and getting drunk gets women. You should drive either a tesla or a Corolla, or camry. Its incredibly off putting for short wierd Indian guys to drive pickups.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

good morning sir

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Its incredibly off putting for short guys to drive pickups.

ftfy

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Apperently going to the bar and getting drunk gets women.
          big alcohol really changing their tactics out here

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Are you suggesting that im a shill for big alcohol? Go watch movies from up to 100 years ago. Going to the bar was always the way to meet loose ladies.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>bro just go watch government propaganda and social engineering psyops
            nah

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

well those psy-ops successfully social engineered normies, so it's good advice.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>wanting normie women

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All women are normies

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous
        • 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/FyTVfUL.png

good morning sir

God has already made me devoid of many qualities, including social skills. Instead of bulllying me for my skin (making you no different from an endless sea of normie NPCs) why don't you provide some actionable insights ?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I told you. Drive a shitbox and save money. Arrange a marriage from india or buy a woman from some poorer country. Develop social skills. Stop being a computer nerd. Make friends, go do activities help each other with stuff.

Dont worry about women. When you try to buy a pussy magnet, you repel them

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the best advice given to me is as follows.
            >except jesus christ as your savior

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

YWNBW (You Will Never Be White)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

rape you tomorow

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

SER
        DO NOT REDEEM TRUCK

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Post pink, sunburned hand, with timestamp.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You have to work on personality to attract women. It might also help to arrange a marriage with an indian girl. Honestly speaking here, I know an Indian guy who drives a 2000 camry with a breathalyzer and he has an attractive white girlfriend. Apperently going to the bar and getting drunk gets women. You should drive either a tesla or a Corolla, or camry. Its incredibly off putting for short wierd Indian guys to drive pickups.

Just get a mail order bride from Ukraine or Moldova and frick her well. Way cheaper than a truck and better than American women.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

An Indian with good taste. Baste

Consider the Sierra Denali with the 6.2

What's your use case for a truck?

Powerful luxurious vehicle not cucked by regulations

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I seek to attract women. I am a shitskinned little Indian who is of below average height (5'7)
        Truckolds exposed. It's over homosexuals

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The over compensating failed man made manifest!

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A Tesla Model 3 is the vehicle of choice for the aspirational middle class Indian.

Though you’ve really gotta work on getting that income up dude, $71k in IT is a little paltry. Christ I fricking hate that I’m giving life tips to a poo.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Signaling to homosexuals he's interested in a gas station bathroom quickie

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's a luxury vehicle, what more reason do you need

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>wants to buy a $75k midsize pickup in full offroad LARP kit to commute to the office
        You are the problem.

>midsize with a 4 cylinder
        >luxury
        Holy fricking cope, Baitman.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>$75000 midsize trucks
    it's over

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Reminds me of a short dude wearing platforms.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

do it op, yolo. you can turn it into a meme overland rig and use it to live in when you get laid off and evicted from your apartment. the repo man can't get you if he can't find you.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hope this is b8.
    Even if this wasn't an election year with a wonky economy that's had an inverted yield curve for years. No, keep the shitbox. That's how you accumulate wealth instead of spending it as fast as you acquire it.
    >but I could still save X while drvining the BIG TRUGG
    and you could save Y more by sticking with the shitbox a few years.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>don't buy a cool truck!!!
      >accumulate wealth... so you can buy a cool truck when you're an old crusty boomer and probably too old and haggard to even drive it!

Yeah, bro, just spend the prime of your life staring at the walls of your room like an NPC homosexual instead of doing anything fun or being happy. Don't spend any money, don't have a good time. Frick that. Be a man and let your balls hang out.

>here lies anon, he didn't spend a penny until he was 80

Sounds like an exciting fricking life. The only thing you can't get back is time. Don't listen to this bullshit.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

always a balance, gotta enjoy life, but also have enough saved for emergencies. I keep at least a years worth of my salary saved up just in case. The rest is for fun shit and investing

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looks like shit

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a late 2000s Lexus LS 460L and live in bargain of the decade luxury for like 1/30th the price of new.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Get a ranger or bronco in raptor trim.

The best LS years were either 1997-99 or 2004-2006. The generation after 2006 has lots of maintenance issues until around 2014.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Even if it was $35k its not appealing. I wonder whats going on in the heads of pickup drivers.

Of course the military paid over $150k/ unit for a variation of that pickup.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>$75k for a fricking 4cyl Colorado
    Insane. Even if you want to spend a ton on a midsize the Ranger Raptor BTFOs it in pretty much every category and is like $58k.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Imagine buying American LGBT shit lmao.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Imagine punctuating your statement with "lmao" because you're too insecure to stand behind your words.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do something fun with your life
    Slam a frontier and install twin turbos

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

saars do i redeem truck
    i want redeem vagene saar will it redeem?

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you cannot claim a Section 179 deduction on it, it’s a terrible idea.

Even if you can claim one on it, it’s still a terrible idea since a half-ton would be better for doing actual work.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you can't afford this truck. buy a used 5 year old truck you pleb.

stop going after the Jones and stay humble phag

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you can't pay cash in full you can't afford it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

so if i wanted to buy a house i just wait until i can drop 350k?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can buy a property out in the desert for $15k and build a house for less money than that.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>No utilities, no shade, no jobs, no water, high wind speeds, cold af, no internet, no animals to hunt, garden won't grow, no life nothing to do.
          No thanks.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Doesn't understand the difference between a house payment and a car payment financially. NGMI.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why not just buy a F150 5L for less than 20k and have a better truck

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Follow the thread. Hes an Indian computer nerd without social skills trying to buy a pussy magnet to pick up bootiful woman. He doesn't need a pickup

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Bobs and vegena.
        Also there’s nothing cringier than ‘jeets driving trucks. They don’t even know how to open the tailgate.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>F150 5L for less than 20k
      >F150
      >less than 20k
      lmao WHERE.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Loads of them out there used

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Saar get a royal enfield saar. Short brown man in large truck will make it obvious to women that it’s a way of coping

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't usually shame people for car buying decisions but this is such an unbelievably bad idea financially. If you really want to impress ladies with a truck go buy something used for less than half that price.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Financially? It's a stupid financial decision and you know that. Spending more than your annual salary on a car is maybe the most idiotic thing I've heard in a long while.

What does the $74k truck offer that the $45k truck doesn't, that you would actually make use of? Would a $55k fullsize truck actually be better?

Look, never sign up for a payment longer than the warranty, that's the first thing. 5 year warranty? Don't go more than 5 year on a loan. Secondly, at what point is the monthly payment going to affect you? At $71k a year, I would think more than $500 a month would be a bad thing.
    So you can finance 60months at $500 a month or $30,000. Whatever you want, ad 10% or more to the price for taxes, fees and interest. That's closer to the cost of the vehicle, then deduct $30k that you can finance. Whatever is left, you need to put as a down payment. In this case, to get a $74k truck, you probably need to put down $50k. Do you really want to write a check for $50k and then have a payment for 5 years? That is a very middle class thing to do. Is your house at least paid off? Do you have an emergency fund for a new roof, surgery etc?

Couldn't you get a more entry level truck that would do everything that truck does on the daily? Couldn't you end up upgrading the truck you buy at some point if you really wanted to?

$75k for a fricking Colorado is beyond stupid.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you're an idiot for taking all that time to respond to a funny albeit low effort troll post.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>only pretending to be moronic
        There are a lot of people signing up for $700 a month car payments and 7 year loan terms, lots of people. I'm not sure if you realize how fricked up this country actually is.

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GM makes nothing but trash. Always has always will. Only a fool would buy anything GM for more than $2k. Its all plastic TRASH made in MEXICO. be AMERICAN buy MEXICAN. Thats why the wrecked all those GMs in THE MATRIX because they are already SUCH trash NO one could TELL the DIFFERENCE

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Look, if you’re going to leverage yourself to the hilt for a car at least make sure it’s a fun car like a Mustang or a GTR. Spending 100% your annual income plus interest to finance a mediocre truck that you’ll be sick of in 6 months is beyond moronic.

25. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Go for it OP. First of all, you're a nice guy and you deserve to drive an exciting truck. Second, GM shareholders need their dividends and will take better care of your money than you do LMAO

26. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i make $120k and i wouldnt dream of spending more than $30k on a car. i actually drive an $8k economy car.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Your life sounds miserable.
      Your wife's boyfriend drives a nicer car.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

in just 2 more years i will be buying a multifamily rental property with a 100% cash down payment.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You must be extra retarted then. Or the more likely option you're a lying larper.
          The whole point of buying Multi occupant real estate is to purchase a property that generates more revenue than monthly costs while using the depreciation to offset tax costs. I hope you do spend your entire life saving on a property filled with immigrants it's the only way you'd ever recover money from such a stupid purchase.
          Plus point still stands your a cuck who will never enjoy life.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i'm an accountant you dumb Black person. no one is cash flowing with a low down payment with rents at 7%. the tax advantages are irrelevant when you're not breaking even due to the absurd cost of capital when borrowing at 7%.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i'm an accountant you dumb Black person. no one is cash flowing with a low down payment with rents at 7%. the tax advantages are irrelevant when you're not breaking even due to the absurd cost of capital when borrowing at 7%.

with ***RATES*** at 7%

27. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>all of these cuck replies
    Opie, you are an alpha and there's no better way to assert that status than with a badass truck. Who cares about the money, you never know how much time you have left on this gay earth, so you might as well use your money now to enjoy life. Buy it.

28. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

frontier pro4x is better and way cheaper

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

does it have to be brand new?
    why not get a 2-3 year old truck that's like 20k cheaper (with all the stupid manufacturing defects already worked out -- it IS a GM product after all.)

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get used v8 raptor then add supercharger to it. Best truck ever.

31. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've got a 2015 FR-S and I've gotten a few compliments from the ladies. If you want something more muscle, get a Mustang. Don't get a truck and definitely don't get a truck worth more than your yearly salary. Even something like a Wrangler or Bronco would look better.

32. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Absolutely not a prudent purchase you moron. I’m 29, make $200k a year and drive a 2009 Prius that was $3,500 and I still feel like a glutton for upgrading from my shitbox.

33. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Guy asks for truck advice and to justify his decision on an auto enthusiast board.
    >Every /bis israelite and poorgay coper says not to enjoy life.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it'd be different if he was buying a sports car instead of trugg that he'll never do anything with a CUV couldn't do just as well for a fraction of the price.

34. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You could save yourself tens of thousands of dollars by getting whatever trim level has the engine you want and then taking it to a 4x4 shop and having them rice it out. Just look for a reputable one in your area (good google reviews with pictures of the work done so you know the reviews aren't botted).

35. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buy $75k vehicle when you work a job that's going to be replaced by ai.

36. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I bought an older silverado, am installing long travel with bypasses, putting 37 inch wheels on it. offroad performance wise it will shit on that truck for 15k total. paying 74k for a larp trim chud cruiser is insane.

37. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get an older offroading shitbox, don't be a moron. Get like a Nissan frontier or Xterra in manual don't be a pussy.

38. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are you actually going to take that $70k truck off road and pinstripe the frick out of it? I really doubt it. Small trucks are pointless because they're terrible daily drivers amongst other things. Daily driving a off road spec truck is fine but at least get a half ton so you have something comfy, economical and practical.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *