is this the best car? >inb4 wrenchlet cope

is this the best car?

>inb4 wrenchlet cope

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It’s definitely one of the better ones. Not the best, but I’m sure most people will agree it’s a very good looking cars

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's ok i guess

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you could be the best wrencher in the world, you still have to deal with out of production specialty parts

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Time to machine your own.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The E39 M5 and E46 M3 are better.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I wanted an E31 ages ago, but honestly they're kinda ugly irl. Same issue as with the mk3 supra, it's just pudgy looking, the rear end is stubbed and it looks weird irl. It's not a very big car in reality.
    Something about the proportions rub me the wrong way

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i thought the new supra looks like ass in pictures but great in person

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Maybe after $500 and a afternoon.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Cylinderlet swapping

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lol irl @ m60 beauty cover

https://i.imgur.com/K2qlBiq.jpeg

I like mine, been extremely reliable and dependable thus far.
      Didn't the E31 also get the M73?

take more fawking pictures of your car anon, you have posted this 1000 times

2 batteries
      2 ecus
      2 I6s mated at the crank
      2 fluid tanks

Literally the thing has double of everything. It's not simple at all and is am over complicated nightmare. Beautiful car, but mechanically a Frankenstein creature and you only get an Automatic which is for queers.

2 batteries is the most normal thing in the world if you actually wrench. I'll grant the others as retart kraut engineering yes

https://i.imgur.com/DzZHKzX.jpeg

is this the best car?

>inb4 wrenchlet cope

no, pickerel

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>2 batteries is the most normal thing in the world if you actually winch
        fixed

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/fkk9QZU.png

[...]
        wew lad

Why bother, I don't really take many pics in general.
        Take one decent picture and that's enough for me

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

is that kurd sled in paali now

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>E32
            >kurd sled
            They don't bother with anything older than the E65 or E60 and no it's not, fired her up last Friday and put on a trickle charger, took her for a spin Saturday night

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>wrenchlet cope
    Considered buying one in the early 2000's, its not so much the mechanical shifricknightmare but also the electrical insanity that no one can be fricked fixing

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mechanically the V12 is super simple and reliable, they're very old school engines despite pretending to be "modern" with fancy electronic throttles and such, beneath all that shit is a very simplistic SOHC V12.
      Even the engine electronics aren't all that complicated, it's when you get into the interior and other "luxury" equipment when it starts to become a headache. These are pre-can bus and OBD2 cars after all

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I was not prepared to have to deal with the madness of an engine that had 2 x ECU's (and Bosch ones- frick them) running each cylinder bank with an EML throttle controller doing the synch between them.
        Plus its an orphan
        They only really put the M70 and S70's into the 8 series then it was abandoned, I have also lived with some Getrag transmissions and they are no my most favourite things in the world, nor at they the most hated either but my life could be improved by having one less in it it as well.

Overall, its up there with 1980's Jags for things that will make you suffer

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I like mine, been extremely reliable and dependable thus far.
          Didn't the E31 also get the M73?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Do you go to bimmerparty/ what you think about the event?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>those fuel prices
            frick ;_;

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Its now 2€ for liter

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/hFz9EMA.png

lol irl @ m60 beauty cover
            [...]
            take more fawking pictures of your car anon, you have posted this 1000 times
            [...]
            2 batteries is the most normal thing in the world if you actually wrench. I'll grant the others as retart kraut engineering yes
            [...]
            no, pickerel

wew lad

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Regular Euro cars are pretty scary to wrench on to me, let alone that; but it is one of the most attractive cars ever built imo.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> Regular Euro cars are pretty scary to wrench on
      Meh. Working on a N52 or M54 is a breeze compared to the a new direct injected turbo Civic or anything diesel. And those engines aren’t even that old.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2 batteries
    2 ecus
    2 I6s mated at the crank
    2 fluid tanks

Literally the thing has double of everything. It's not simple at all and is am over complicated nightmare. Beautiful car, but mechanically a Frankenstein creature and you only get an Automatic which is for queers.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>2 batteries
      non-issue
      >2 ecus
      sure
      >2 i6s
      so?
      >2 fluid tanks
      non issue
      >only automatic
      aaaaand he outed himself as an idiot

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're the idiot if you think you're gonna find an M let alone a working one bus rider

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>M
          There's no M e31, closest thing is the 850csi.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The 850CSI was THIS close to being an M car. There are a bunch of M parts, including the door sill plates, that they came with. They also have VINs in the M range, but no, they are not technically an M car.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you want one, get an 840Ci.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The V12 is better and less maintenance than the V8.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no its not

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

cope honestly, frick bmw btw. why would you NOT want the v12. euro v8s are cucked trash, the v12 is trash too but you can say its a v12

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the v12 is trash too but you can say its a v12
            This. M70s and S70s make laughable power and sound like garbage, but at least it's a smooth running V12. I was actually shocked the first time I heard an 850 IRL at a bmw CCA event. It sounds so buzzy and shitty. I was used to the V12 sounds of ferrari and lamborghini, then I hear this awesome looking V12 BMW and it just sounds like an E36 running at 2x speed.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>M70s and S70s make laughable power
            The power of an M70B50 was pretty okay back in 1986 when it dropped.
            A Mustang or Corvette of similar vintage made like 230hp from a 5 and a 5.7 litre engine for example. Now going into the 90s the 300hp isn't that much anymore, but it's not going to fall off regular traffic, it'll easily keep up with almost anything on the autobahn.
            The sound one I'll give to you, the M70 sounds like a 4 banger and the M73 has this weird electric buzz to it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>A Mustang or Corvette of similar vintage made like 230hp from a 5 and a 5.7 litre engine for example.
            > but it's not going to fall off regular traffic, it'll easily keep up with almost anything on the autobahn.

The thing is, that's not a good comparison if you want to say the M70 was a good performer, a mustang cost less than 1/4 of an 850's $90,000 price, a corvette less than 1/2, a ZR-1 was closer but still only $60,000. The M70 is a luxoboat engine, it makes sense in the context 7 series where there is no pretense of performance beyond what was necessary to keep up with german traffic. The 850 had only top speed on a Camaro of the era, in all of the other performance metrics it's pretty much equal. Compare the 850 to german cars not american cars. A humble 911 Carrera 2 was at around $60k a better performer than an 850, despite a 2L and 50hp disadvantage. A $90k 911 turbo annihilates an 850 in every metric though at this point you're comparing top of the line sports car to GT car. The E31 was a beautiful car, but it was not a great performer, it was a luxury GT coupe that people like to pretend had great performance. For me hearing that 850 for the first time was a "never meet your heroes" moment. I don't know how BMW managed to make a V12 sound bad, but they did. Even Jaguar turd V12s of the era sound better than M70 cars. I won't even get into the 840s, I counted the 850s among my favorite cars, but 840s are a total dud considering they were around $70k new and performed like a mustang.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

God damn shut the frick up.

Nobody was cross shopping a shitty 90s Mustang with a V12 flagship bmw.

A 911 Turbo is a luxury touring car and always has been.

The 850i is a big car and the 50i trim is usually a GT car. Go be poor on Reddit with this ignorant Reddit rant

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Get out of here Black person I wasn't talking to you. Black personbrain monkey moron. Only a total moron frick would have had that takeaway from what I said. Learn to red fricktard jigaboo Black persontard monkeyass.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I can smell the bread from the hood of your Honda civic SI you stupid moron. Pls. Kys and stop posting about cars you’ll never afford (and therefore never understand)

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's a fat guy car. There were loads of them. Mercedes CL, Jaguar XJS and so on. Fat businessmen bought them because they wanted to drive to business meetings. They all came with forty cigar ash trays in each and did 9mpg and had automatics. No one bought one for the drive. They bought them because they had huge seats and could soak up a drive from Bonn to Vienna to frick prostitutes and do business deals with other fat guys

456 Ferrari, Porsche 928, Jaguar XJS, 8 Series BMW, Mercedes CL, Maserati 3200, Bentley Continental, Aston Martin DB7 were the rich fat guy car of choice in the 1990s and you were absolutely guaranteed to own one if you were a cigar smoking, pin stripe wearing, expenses fiddling sleazeball. Absolutely no one bought one or considered them performance cars. Now they are all vegetarians or women who use MS teams and drive EVs.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's because the one they actually tried on was the S70/2

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>sounds like an E36 running at 2x speed.
            It's because in stock form, each cylinder bank has it's own seperate exhaust.

?feature=shared&t=161

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

And LS swap it. Because the M60 is a turd that makes no power and has basically no aftermarket.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like the E31, but if you ever post another picture of one with the popups shaved, I will beat your ass.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>M
      There's no M e31, closest thing is the 850csi.

The one in OP's picture is a prototype E31 M8

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This moron

You're the idiot if you think you're gonna find an M let alone a working one bus rider

is implying that the only manual e31 was the protype m model. The 840i/850i/850csi were all available with a 6 speed manual from the factory.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yes.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Best car is the Dodge Viper. Some might even say it is peak car - the Concorde of cars. It was the absolute best we ever had it and it will never be again. It was a culmination of every single motorsports innovation in a single package, refined into a legendary performance machine so far above every one of its competitors that it went for the jugular of the greatest R&D machines of some of the biggest names in the industry and embarassed the ever living shit out of them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>peak car
      >concorde of cars
      >culmination of every single motorsports innovation in a single package
      it was an 8 liter miata with zip up plastic windows kek. Literally no other car was an 8 liter miata, so it won. People then tried to figure out how to balance an 8 liter miata in motorsports to no avail, because nobody in europe has known of a car above 4 liters. The viper might very well be the antithesis of motorsports innovation actually. Its almost the same formula as the ac cobra 427. Talking about motorsports innovation in the same sentence as american manufacturers is an oxymoron. Something like the mclaren f1 could be compared to the concorde. Not a chrysler made coupe with a truck based v10 kek

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *