Is this the closest thing we have to a modern FD?

>Double wishbones on all 4 corners
>250 horses
>1,100 kilos
>Cheaper then what an new FD would cost now
And if not, what else is?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>And if not, what else is?
    There isn't one the auto market has changed so they can no longer exist.
    It's like asking what the modern equivalent of a t-Rex is, a lion?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Well that's why i asked what the closest thing to it is.
      >It's like asking what the modern equivalent of a t-Rex
      We know the answer to that already tbh

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Crocodiles lived alongside dinosaurs also they're aquatic.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Your mom likes watersports too, if you can catch my drift?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Unfortunately the A110 is automatic only. A goddamn shame.

>Modern equivalent of T-Rex
        Hello there.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

In that case then, the successor of the FD is a Suburban.
        >t. Interior Crocodile Alligator, I drive a Chevrolet Movie Theater

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>modern equivalent of a t-Rex

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why are these cars so unpopular outside of France? Everybody who's ever driven one says it's the best thing on four wheels.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Many factors, the first one being that people only look at horsepower, see 250 and say "You want 55k euros for 250 horses?!"
      Another factor being that not a lot of people have heard about Alpine.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

porsche price for something that isn't a porsche. that's what kills most sports cars.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The lowest model Porsche offers costs a lot more then this.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

exact same starting price in Alpine's home market

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Shafted in price in your own country
            Grim

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

don't worry it gets worse, those prices don't include the massive pollution tax that makes it so nobody can afford a fun car unless they're a CEO. +60k€ for the Cayman, almost doubling the MSRP.
            also we have a weight tax for cars over 1600kg now (down from the previous 1800kg)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's so mind boggling to me that a country with so many car manufacturers and rich car making history decided to cuck itself with insane car related taxes.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>a new 6 cylinder supra costs €100k in the Netherlands. That's sticker price in the Toyota brochure

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Netherlands
            Fake prices for a fake country, how fitting.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

kanker mooi weer

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Porsche starting price
            Porsche has some of the most bullshit pricing in the industry. I'm sure they would charge you extra for a steering wheel if they could.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>hmm I want to buy a sports car
        >I will not do any research on this expensive decision to see what the best car is and simply buy what everybody else buys
        Why are people like this?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Why are people like this?
          I think you underestimate how few people are actually serious about driving and racing their cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't think I do I'm just trying to express my inexpressible degree of annoyance with all the people that are more interested in chasing status than they are with looking inward to see how they can improve their subjective experience of life, and this is only one aspect of that. They don't give a shit how nice a car is to drive because they don't care about anything other than how other people perceive them.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Been like that since the car became a thing unfortunately. Ferrari hated the mouth breathers that bought his cars(imagine flaunting wealth in a postwar society) but it paid his bills.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

sit in an alpine and you're down inside a tiny sports car with almost no modern toys. sit in a cayman and it's the "luxury" experience rich people actually want, with a big screen, plenty of electronic toys, and a nice and big cabin.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>tiny
            One of the higher-ups in Alpine had the designers make it so that he can fit and he's 6'7"

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

well yeah you can fit, but it's more of a claustrophobic experience. you don't have a ton of visibility or much room to move around. it's more of a true sports car experience compared to a new cayman which is a lot more luxurious.
            i like that, don't get me wrong, but the average person who spends $100k on a car (if you include the various taxes in most european countries) probably wants something "nicer".

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They've got a face only a mother could love.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Gordon Murray has one. He loves lightweight, agile, swift cars.

Personally I see the car being somewhere in between a Lotus Exige and a Porsche Cayman, but maybe without being as enticing as either for the average enthusiast? The Cayman is a better car if you want something you can daily with some level of comfort and sophistication which can also be lots of fun, and the Exige is an uncomfortable tight beast with a reliable toyota powerplant.
      Maybe it's just the lack of brand name in the modern zeitgeist (Alpine doesn't have that much pull regardless of its rallying past). The Opel Speedster didn't sell much either. The Alfa Romeo 4C didn't either I think.

Maybe it's not that everyone is failing, but that Porsche is devouring the whole market.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You can't make a car that fricking ugly and hope for it to sell, unless you're BMW, Mercedes, toyota, or honda. (Or cadillacs but those don't sell kek). And you certainly can't make ugly cars with no name cachet that sell unless you're tesla.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The porsche brand has a long history of winning races. I like alpine a lot, but ever since it was bought by renault it hasn't got a lot of significant victories to it´s name because renault would rather collect the glory for itself. The 70's le-mans winner, the a442b, had to change it's name from alpine-renault to renault-alpine and was officially fielded by renault sport. All those clio and megane RS's? Built by alpine in the dieppe factory under the name renault sport.

You cannot sell a prestige, let alone a sports car without some racing reputation to itself. Do you think anybody would give an audi a single glance if all the brands´ rally, circuit and endurance racing victories belonged to VW instead? The only competition the new a110 participated in was the now defunct r-gt tarmac rally championship, which was very small scale compared with what the car should be doing. The LMP2 alpine team had a fair bit of sucess, but then the LMP1 team was savagely gimped by the aco to ensure a hybrid car won Lemans and the championship. And the F1 team achieved literally nothing.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

autotragic. It's that simple. same thing that killed the 4c. automakers say that nobody wants an auto, but how many automatic Miatas do they sell?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Sounds like they're compromising and gimping their cars trying to appeal to mass market instead of focusing on the people who actually want something like the 4c.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That's exactly it. They think the same market research that sells a pigfat minivan will translate to a low slumg two seater, but there's not a big sliver in that venn diagram

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

From what i heard they didn't go for a manual because of emissions standards, since unlike the megane rs which had the same engine they can't average the emissions throught the entire production.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They did a rundown on % of auto adoption for different brands and models. The miata was something like 65% manual 35% auto if I remember correctly.
        Better ratio than most, although there where some specialized enthusiast cars with something like 85% or 90% manual userbase (can't remember which right now sorry)

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>They did a rundown
          Sorry, I meant
          >They did a rundown on the carmudgeon podcast

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Frick the Macron-mobile. An insult to the Alpine name.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

moron

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pontiac solstice gxp also had double wishbones on all four corners and came with 250 turbo horsepurs. It's a lot cheaper to buy one of those with decent low miles than import some car I can't legally drive.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The GXP does not handle as well and can't be tracked because it's impossible to install a rollbar without a full cage. double wishbones isn't some magic hack that makes a car suddenly good.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The Camaro handles better and actually comes in manual.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>The Camaro handles better

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Is this the closest thing we have to a modern FD?
    so the closest thing to an FD is an elise but 30% fatter?
    ok, maybe renault was targeting americans.
    also, no wonder why everyone posts the front of the car.
    from the back it looks as ugly as every porsche

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no wonder why everyone posts the front of the car.
      You mean like with every other car that has ever existed?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

except the Solstice, which is equally frick ugly from any angle

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What? My point was that everyone takes pictures of the front end of their cars because...that's just the default angle to take pictures of.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>pic
      Looks like sad Audi TT

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Kek TTS are so fricking gay. There's a red one all mexi-riced out that's always street parked a couple blocks from me. I saw it leaving the corner gas station nearest my place once and the driver made eye contact with me as I drove past in my 600hp V8 RWD sedan. He then revved his engine to redline to show off his super cool shitty sounding exhaust. Driver was some fat greasy looking mexican and some other twinky mexican passenger. I had to laugh at the whole situation because just me driving by "mogged" him so hard he had to give me an angry rev. Kek.
        I'll get a picture of that gay ass car soon, along with a gay ass riced out 335i that's also always parked on that same street. I bet they know each other. Kek fricking mexi-ricelets

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>maybe renault was targeting americans
      They never planned to sell it in the US. So that would be a foolish decision.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>autogayic only
    No

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

MX-5 ND 2.0 with a turbo kit?
    A110's chassis is probably better though.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mogged by Elise with 10k in simple mods

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

..?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The old one

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The worse one?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Have you ever even sat in an Elise? They aren't comparable, at all.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah the Elise is better

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

To be fair the FD wasn't a super raw car either(Power steering, ABS, upper trims had more pompous shit like leather seats and sunroofs) so yea it isn't comparable.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>no manual
    Gay

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>modern FD
    >not even a fraction of its aftermarket
    lol

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>was in the position to buy one new
    >decided against it
    >lost job, lost all my money
    >now not available in Australia any more
    Truly is suffering. What an alluring little car. I will have one some day

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That is if they don't skyrocket in price once they stop ICE production and move fully to electric.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *