It calls to me

Anyone own a brz/86? I want one so badly bros, I’ve seen them a couple of times on my commute to work and they always look so beautiful.
Only thing I’m worried about is driving in the winter and I can only afford to keep one car.

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

Terry Davis: They Glow, You Shine Shirt $21.68

Stratton Oakmont Wolf of Wall Street Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I bought my old 2017 Toyota 86 GT base model no fails for 35k drive away (Aud) go check Toyota website to see what the GR86 GT costs now its 48k drive away. Nah frick that Toyota can lick my ass. Price gouging dickheads

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Snow tires on the rear plus some sandbags you'll be fine in the winter.

All have gotten ridiculous, but I'd rather have the brz for that pretty logo.

https://i.imgur.com/pRxbBPt.jpeg

Pic related is pretty much my environment kek
      I considered a wrx as well, but the new look never really grew on me. I’ve seen some cool looking builds of it, but on top of it being more expensive, I feel like I’d be dropping a couple grand extra for it to not look terrible. That, and buying used wrx is a gamble from what I’ve heard.

>wrx
      Far more fun and practical in my opinion. Unless things have changed, the BRZ doesn't have the turbo the WRX has. The BRZ/86 is definitely a driver's car, but you need to put money into it to have fun.

they look great in my rearview mirroras I consistently pass them both on the track and on regular streets
      Consider getting a minivan + sport tires instead, it'll be just as fast and significantly more practical

>Get a load of this goy

Do they have that oil leak problem that a lot of Subarus used to have or did they fix that?

That's been fixed, the oil leak was with EJ engines. The FA and whatever the new one is do not have these problems. Only time they do is when people are moronic.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If they don’t have the EJ engine problems they’re probably fun cars. I think I just have a bad taste in my mouth because I see a lot of Mexicans in my area driving their riced out uglified WRX and BRZ.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

EJ's were fixed around 2018. STi is still the best all around car, but prohibitively expensive even used. And there is a gamble with WRX/STi used buying. If it's fully stock you still don't know if it was reverted back, what tune they used on it, if any... And on the facebook groups you get tards saying "It's a high compression engine!"(FA20) and that they cruise at 4-5k RPM. Fricking nonsense.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As someone who was in the same position, I always wanted one for a DD but wanted to see what it was like to actual live with outside of just a test drive. If you can I'd recommend renting one, I did it with turo for a week and can honestly say I'm glad I never pulled the trigger on one of these shitboxes. Don't get me wrong the handling is beyond anything in its class and would be great for a dedicated weekend car IF you live near the Twistys but that's where it ends, everything else that you have to cope with makes for a horrible daily driver.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pic related is pretty much my environment kek
      I considered a wrx as well, but the new look never really grew on me. I’ve seen some cool looking builds of it, but on top of it being more expensive, I feel like I’d be dropping a couple grand extra for it to not look terrible. That, and buying used wrx is a gamble from what I’ve heard.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ricelet stancelet slowgaylet boyracelet

>build
        ricegay confirmed

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Any used boxer is a gamble. Another reason why I stayed clear the frick away from them

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Strongly suggest you ignore the North American manual's 0w20 recommendation, it's entirely for emissions reasons. You're in BC, we have a mild climate, use 5w30 for daily driving, 5w40 if you plan on tracking it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So was the catastrophic engine oil loss due using american EPA oil?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

At oil temperatures above 230F, these engines see dramatic oil pressure loss with 0w20, running a 5w30 or 5w40 allows for healthy oil pressure (and oil film thickness) at much higher temps.

This goes for a lot of Japanese cars, Mazda recommends 5w30 in their Skyactiv engines for every region except North America. There is no reason for a consumer to put cold start emissions or a 1% increase in fuel economy over the longevity of their engines. Always use the Japanese recommendations over the US ones.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Honestly just buy a new WRX. You can get them as low as $27-29k for a base because they're not selling. And if you get a darker color like grey or black the cladding is a non factor.

The new WRX is a pretty good car. I like this YouTuber and he's owned a couple S2000s and a GR86 so I trust his word.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Just got my 23 GR86 Premium and I can say it's pretty fun. Granted I live around MANY twisties but even if not twisties, the manual is just so fun and responsive. Plus, you get a BUNCH of compliments from my experience. Not that I was looking for them, but it is something to note that (if kept clean) people will REALLY like how your car looks.

I daily mine and it works for what I need. You can put the back seats down and you have a pretty good amount of trunk space for a sport coupe (compared to a Miata or a Honda S2000 which for some reason is always compared to.)

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

2023 GR86 here and same, its an odd experience having people come up to me on the street asking about it.
          I'm sure the incidences will decrease as the car becomes more common.

I’ve got 32k saved up, though I would probably still finance the car rather than buy it outright because I’d prefer the safety of having cash in a mutual fund rather than spend all of it.
          I’m 25, yea. My insurance is 150 a month for my civic, for the brz I got quoted 230. I can afford the 230, not the 380 combined with car payments. I make 4.5k a month after taxes and live at home.

I'm also 25 and regret literally nothing, even though I'm paying 320 a fricking month with Geico (with a literally flawless driving record). But my daily driving activities consist of mainly just me going to and from work/school or the most curved road I can find on days off. I can fit my golf bag in the trunk and that's all that really matters to me space wise.

Not sure why anyone would get this instead of a Miata. Maybe if you absolutely needed a car that could potentially seat 4 in an emergy?

Personally I don't care for soft tops, like the look and (relative) size more, and would rather drive a slow fast car than a fast slow car.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I think black or that Tureno Blue is the best color but being someone who HAD a silver one, that's the normie color that makes normies think it's a Porche. Sadly, she did not last long, not to worry though, I just got myself another one but a year newer, Premium and saved $4.5k after the whole accident so...

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Not that I was looking for them, but it is something to note that (if kept clean) people will REALLY like how your car looks.
          yeah i parked and a literal stranger just shouts nice car lmao
          co-workers also compliment it and for some moronic reason i always feel the need to say it's actually a cheap car that's the same price as a civic or corolla, i dont want people to think i made a worse financial decision than i really did

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>not blasting down that long straight stretch at 140mph

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they look great in my rearview mirroras I consistently pass them both on the track and on regular streets
    Consider getting a minivan + sport tires instead, it'll be just as fast and significantly more practical

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Only thing I’m worried about is driving in the winter
    It will drive like a dream but it WILL rust

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Only thing I’m worried about is driving in the winter and I can only afford to keep one car.
    Its one of the less expensive cars in production right now, what do you mean you're worried about driving in the winter and can't afford it?

Are you earning minimum wage wanting a brand new car? Go buy a used one for $10-15k. And people have been driving rear wheel drive vehicles in the winter for nearly a century. Go be an adult and make wise choices.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not sure if you’re ESL or just have bad reading comprehension. Yes, I’d be buying new. My concern was having it as my only car, rather than having a separate one for winter as I’d rather not pay insurance on two cars.
      Why are you so heated?

>Only thing I’m worried about is driving in the winter
      It will drive like a dream but it WILL rust

Wouldn’t an undercoat prevent that?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Undercoat only prevents so much. Rust is inevitable no matter what you do. You'll just be delaying symptoms with an undercoat. Keep in mind I have a 1994 Ford Bronco with 200k miles in the heart of the salt belt and it's rusted to shit - but it runs.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh, and I have a 2018 WRX with 120k miles on it. Bought it brand new, abused it a bit, don't keep it clean that often. Minor signs of rust but nothing major. Just replaced the wheel hubs and one wasn't bad but the other took me 4 hours due to rust.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Not sure if you’re ESL or just have bad reading comprehension.
        Neither, you're nail-biting about an inexpensive shitbox affordability. You're clearly low income and planning on buying babbys first sports car because you just gotta have a new shitbox for some reason. Its why I suggested saving $15-20k by buying a used one. But no, you gotta have new despite barely being able to afford it.

Not heated, just lmaoing at your life.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I can afford to buy it outright new. What I can’t afford is monthly insurance payments and maintenance on two cars. Hence why I asked if it’s viable year-round.
          I don’t want one used because I like new cars more than used cars and it’ll be more special to me new rather than someone’s hand-me-down.
          That and the inherent risk of buying a used sports car.
          What exactly is the issue here?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I can afford to buy it outright new. What I can’t afford is monthly insurance payments and maintenance on two cars. Hence why I asked if it’s viable year-round.
            You have $35,000 cash and can't afford a couple hundred a month on insurance? Even if you got a really old winter-only shitbox thats front wheel drive you put a grand total of 1000 miles a year commuting in the winter and insurance would be like $400 a year on it, you're saying you cannot afford that? Have you priced this out or are you like 20 and getting charged $800 a month for insurance because its usually moronic 20-somethings that buy BRZs thinking they're in a sports car constantly crashing into shit?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I’ve got 32k saved up, though I would probably still finance the car rather than buy it outright because I’d prefer the safety of having cash in a mutual fund rather than spend all of it.
            I’m 25, yea. My insurance is 150 a month for my civic, for the brz I got quoted 230. I can afford the 230, not the 380 combined with car payments. I make 4.5k a month after taxes and live at home.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You've got this weird duality of man of "I can save, and I'm somewhat frugal" but also "I can't afford shit" despite making above national average income. Its why I'm railing so hard on you for buying a brand new car to eat depreciation, its not a very good car overall, and not very practical either.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why do americans constantly eat shit from insurer bumholes
            i pay 250 bongistani pesos a year for two cars

if you want a two door copemobile, a second hand cayman is an infinitely better and more reliable car than toybaru turn left combusters

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> better
            > more reliable
            > close to the price of new GR86
            > not grandma interior in old Porsche

Porsche is genuinely overpriced. There is a reason it takes a 100k Cayman to keep up with a 50k Supra. Porsche is genuinely only worth it if you make 400k and have money to throw away or are an idiot that wants to show off (but never has anyone inside the car, because grandma interior)

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>why do americans constantly eat shit from insurer bumholes
            Insurer bumholes don't want to take risks on young kids (20s) who buy sports cars because they are statistically more likely to go out and break the law and then crash or cause a crash.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

dropping thousands on anyones insurance a year is wild, why would you bend over like that, use your amendments on white collar criminals

> better
            > more reliable
            > close to the price of new GR86
            > not grandma interior in old Porsche

Porsche is genuinely overpriced. There is a reason it takes a 100k Cayman to keep up with a 50k Supra. Porsche is genuinely only worth it if you make 400k and have money to throw away or are an idiot that wants to show off (but never has anyone inside the car, because grandma interior)

>reliable
            yes, definitely more than poobarus frankenstein and its epic warranty voiding

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Right: an out-of-warranty Porsche is so much better.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

doing anything other than keeping the toybaru parked voids the warranty anyway so yeah
            porsches also have the advantage of being able to turn left without exploding

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

> doing anything other than keeping the toybaru parked voids the warranty anyway so yeah
            Sure buddy.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

thanks for agreeing frend <333

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Do they have that oil leak problem that a lot of Subarus used to have or did they fix that?

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

I got my '24 GR86 over a month ago. I enjoyed driving the 1st gen and with the power bump, the 2nd gen driving is improved. For winters, all you'l need is a set of winter tires and cautious driving

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would buy a BRZ over the Toyota one since it doesn't carry the weeb marketing name of it's brother.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I wanna get the brz because I want it in blue, yes I know the 86 comes in the same color, but something about it would just annoy me.
      Likewise if I wanted it in red I’d want the 86 over the brz.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not having to deal with godawful Toyota dealers is pretty nice too

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

use studded tires and undercoat. $30k new car is not really worth to protect from winter

oh and btw racing voids warranty. oil problems.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Winter driving an FR car is fine. Just get good winter tires and learn how to drive.
    >t. DD’d RWD cars (180sx, FD, rx-8, shitbox sedan) through blizzards and lots of snow.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They all have LSDs from the factory, and plenty of ground clearance/travel from the stock suspension. Get a decent set of winter tires (not all seasons) and you'll be fine.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not sure why anyone would get this instead of a Miata. Maybe if you absolutely needed a car that could potentially seat 4 in an emergy?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Miata was honestly too small for me, that and I like the look of the brz more

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

consider a WRX???

i got a premium but if i could do it over again I would get a base model.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not op, but how are you liking your WRX so far? I kinda want one. But I also kinda want a small truck, maybe a Frontier or a Ranger or something to haul dirt bikes and camping gear. I'm feeling kinda conflicted, because I don't have money for both, but I really want a WRX as a daily.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

id go truck, wrx does off road ok but it drives so good i couldnt commit to building an all rounder.
        and it problably sucks up just as much gas as a small truck.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

BRZ/GR86 does well in winter with winter tires due to just how light it is.

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

OP, just know they are slower and quieter than the most shitbox of shitty honda civics that will challenge you on the highway or stoplight for your honor.
    Just think about your honor OP. You will think it won't matter because you have "A real sports car" but you will absolutely be thinking about it when the ricer flyby happens.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

T. Molested by ricers

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wrap yourself around a tree

https://i.imgur.com/tSZHhuo.jpeg

Anyone own a brz/86? I want one so badly bros, I’ve seen them a couple of times on my commute to work and they always look so beautiful.
      Only thing I’m worried about is driving in the winter and I can only afford to keep one car.

You too

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>don’t buy this car you like and think you’ll enjoy because some Hispanic in a civic might randomly gap you one day
      what kind of incel freak thinks like this?

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

m2

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

At least one anon will always show up to a thread like this and suggest a car that costs twice as much as what is being discussed.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I was going to suggest the opposite. Buy an LS2 Corvette and get 150 more hp for $20k less.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

can you really get that nowadays? everything used is basically shit value after 2020
          the same car you get like maybe $5k discount compared to a new car for having 50k miles mileage already
          It's weird to see that buying used is a terrible financial value nowadays

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

06-07 convertible autos can be easily had for less than $20k. Manual coupes will be more like $25-28k.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I just found a 2010 GS listed for $30k. 435hp, tr6060, dry sump, 75k miles, magnaride, looks bone stock.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's basically the same price as a civic/corolla nowadays

winter was fun, you can still easily slip the rears even with winter tires on but it's beginner-friendly, car is balanced so your front will retain grip unless you're really moronic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

In my experience, size and weight are your enemy when it comes to serious snow and ice conditions.
      Layout will dictate which end loses traction first or how easily it launches from a start but everyone can lose their shit in the snow with bad driving or improper tires.
      A frick huge truck with 4x4 and chunky muddin' tires still sucks majorly to stop in the snow or ice compared to a tiny fwd commuter car on studless winter tires and you will feel 1000% more confident driving at speed because of how much more easily the small car stops to you see all these brodozers doing twenty under the limit in the winter because they can't stop that sheer mass or control it at all if it even starts to get hektik in a turn.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

i should add that i didn't cheap out on winter tires, got the michelin x-ice

even if the BRZ is relatively light, winter tires are definitely still a must. On my FWD car I just stuck with all-seasons and just going slow since understeer is not as surprising for most people including myself (even though now that I think about it, that doesn't really make sense when you retain more control steering with oversteer) but I can't imagine how most people would react if their rear AND front wheels are slipping in the snow

love it, just dont go crazy with drifting and almost hit the curb lmao

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> how most people would react if their rear AND front wheels are slipping in the snow
          Take a turn too fast in a FWD, it will do a 4wheel slide.

https://i.imgur.com/ecI0UHZ.jpeg

no one goes to a civic si and thinks wow im glad i got this
          it's a cope model for people with families that can't justify getting a 2-door car

the newer one is almost indistinguishable from a regular civic too, and the civic si is also significantly more expensive than a brz plus since you're dealing with honda instead of subaru (in my area that basically means you cant order directly, it's allocation instead, plus loan interest is higher than savings account rate, and you might be "forced" to get warranty and other garbage just to have the privilege of being on a waitlist, toyota is the same shit here)
          don't do it

> no one goes to a civic si and thinks wow im glad i got this
          > it's a cope model for people with families that can't justify getting a 2-door car
          The problem is that the BRZ isn't much faster than the Si. Yes, it's slightly faster than a Si, but acting like it's that different from a Civic is delusional. That's the problem with the car.

> markup
          In short, no. Toyobarus are more marked up by far. I can get an Si for MSRP here. I can get a Toyobaru for MSRP (manual) now too. The market took a nose drive.

The Civic also has a nicer interior.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it depends on your area i guess

i got my manual 2023 brz sport-tek (the one with the 18" wheels) for MSRP as well, out the door the total was CAD$40.5k (~US$29.5K), but since the interest rate was only 3.99% (over 3 years) i opted to finance it instead since my savings account was giving 5%+ (we also get tax-free savings account though i had equities in there instead of cash) so it was very lucrative to just finance it
            only had to wait 3 months for the car to arrive from Japan while Toyota was basically indefinite and you'd be asked to also get warranty and other shit if you wanted the privilege of being on the allocation waitlist for the same exact car with a different badge/bumper, plus the MSRP was also a couple thousand more
            Civic SI was similar, MSRP for that was higher than the BRZ

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>MSRP for that was higher than the BRZ
            This is where your misconception is. MSRP is the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" - what the car "should" be going for without markup.

MSRP including destination charge
            Civic Si: $30,195
            BRZ:
            --Base: $31,315 (no go)
            --Limited: $33,815

So you are saying that the dealers in your area marked up the Si more.

Honestly, the Si definitely doesn't feel as cool as the BRZ/GR86, but the fact that the latter is so close to the Si in performance with lower build quality/mpg is a huge mark against the BRZ/GR86.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i'm not 100% sure but in Ontario specifically I think dealerships aren't actualyl allowed to go above MSRP which is why the Toyota dealerships in my area basically got around that by requiring you to also buy an extended warranty / rust bullshit for the privilege of being on their waitlist. Or having a new car be used enough as a test drive model so they can list it as "used" for higher than a new car, it's really silly stuff

Maybe I just didn't put enough effort to find a Toyota/Honda dealership that wasn't stuck up, ended up just going to a Subaru dealership which was standardized everywhere since they're all corporate owned or whatever it was. I forgot all the details since I'm finished buying a new car after/during probably the worst time to buy a car

I don't think the BRZ being underpowered really bothers me too much since I'd be too scared to get caught. Ontario is shitty enough that drifting in a parking lot can still count as stunt driving (i think because people are stupid enough to do it in a populated commercial parking lot instead of an empty one in their workplace), taking left/right turns at the posted speed limit (anything over 50km/hr really) is enough to slip the rears if you over throttle so i get enough smiles per hour from my car i prob have to replace my tires early

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tangent, but the GTO is getting worse and worse. Canada used to be a reasonable balance of freedom and regulations and a lot of burgers considered it a better place. Now it's completely cucked. Also, dem RE prices. Like it's bad in America, but even 30 mins (no traffic) out of Toronto, and you are still looking at a couple of mil. Honestly, I would run. It's fun to visit sometimes, but goddamn.

>even considering an amerifat sports car

A Mustang completely smokes the living shit out of an Si or GR86. So does a Camaro. For basically the same price. You can't argue that.

https://i.imgur.com/EQNqXfY.jpeg

>buying a $25k car just to k swap it
            You can buy multiple cars that already has a K24 making 200hp bone stock and still shifting smooth at at 150k+ miles for about 5k-10k all day long on the used market.
            If you just bought some shitheap honda and bought a few simple mods with all the money saved, imagine how fast you could actually go.

Your pic related is a horrible example.
            > about 5k-10k all day long on the used market

If you get that gen Si for 5k, you are doing, and I am not exaggerating:
            > repaint
            > clutch, fork, throwout bearing
            > exhaust (all)
            > literally the entire suspension
            > starter, AC, whole accessory belt chain basically
            > bunch of little shit like battery cables, sensors, etc

Also, that car is impossible to work on - there is a metric shitton removed there even though it doesn't look that modded. The rear has a frick-huge panel stock where the brace bar is. Need to take it off to get to anything. Front has a huge cover / radiator holder that doesn't let you get to the starter / generator / etc.

Basically, the whole thing is a huge pain in the ass to work on. The car in your pic is at least 20k as pictured, likely 30-40.

Also, you can make 250-300whp with a supercharger, but keep in mind that everything else has to handle it. Oh, and I forgot lines and calipers all around too because it's on the "minor shit" list.

I happen to be somewhat of an expert on your pic-related.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The problem is that the BRZ isn't much faster than the Si. Yes, it's slightly faster than a Si, but acting like it's that different from a Civic is delusional. That's the problem with the car.
            to be fair I don't deny that the BRZ is also a cope, basically a poorsche, and really I would have gone for a miata if I was able to justify losing all practicality (BRZ is still a reasonable grocery getter , enough space with the rear seats down that you can actually lug around 4 wheels in the back, thats what I did when I had to get my winter tires so I didn't need to borrow a 2nd car)

Maybe in 10 years if I still like the car, I'll just K-swap the dying boxer engine since there'll probably be a kit out by then

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

All things considered, the BRZ is still a cool car. I am not trying to hate. I had Miatas before, they are impractical as hell, so you made the right choice there. I also feel like that you might as well be in a motorcycle if you are in an NA - NC.

My personal biggest problem with the BRZ is that I immediately want to get more power out of it, but that's never the smart choice over getting the Supra, for example. But the base Supra has no manual.

Anyway, cool car, enjoy it, just ranting since a GT + a 10k nice interior or an I6 Supra is too much, but the new BRZ/Civic Si just feel like they are an "upgrade" on my old Si only in terms of reliability. Boohoo.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It CALLS to me too. Mainly because it's the only reasonably priced car other than the Civic Si and you need to pay +$10,000 to have a decent interior in a pigfat Mustang that's slower than a Supra.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

no one goes to a civic si and thinks wow im glad i got this
      it's a cope model for people with families that can't justify getting a 2-door car

the newer one is almost indistinguishable from a regular civic too, and the civic si is also significantly more expensive than a brz plus since you're dealing with honda instead of subaru (in my area that basically means you cant order directly, it's allocation instead, plus loan interest is higher than savings account rate, and you might be "forced" to get warranty and other garbage just to have the privilege of being on a waitlist, toyota is the same shit here)
      don't do it

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>wanting a japanese sport car

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> wanting a GT
      > pigfat
      > shit interior
      > transmissions falls apart
      > no resale value

Don't get me wrong, the last gen Mustang and Camaro (pigfat w/ non-optional nannies now, discontinued now) almost converted me.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>even considering an amerifat sports car

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buying a $25k car just to k swap it
    You can buy multiple cars that already has a K24 making 200hp bone stock and still shifting smooth at at 150k+ miles for about 5k-10k all day long on the used market.
    If you just bought some shitheap honda and bought a few simple mods with all the money saved, imagine how fast you could actually go.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

nah I'm not swapping it now, I just think if in 10 years I still like the car and the engine dies, I'll k-swap it *assuming it will be cheaper than buying a new car entirely
      my friend with 1st-gen frs/86 is considering the same thing but his 2013's boxer engine is still too healthy to actually do it

in Canada it's really hard to find a used car that's in good condition because of all the salt (since people who rustproof their car are likely not going to be listing their car for sale and will likely run it to the ground instead), and even harder in recent years when used car prices became absolutely moronic.
      My friend's 2013 86/frs could probably still sell for CAD$15K if not higher now, almost half the price of a new BRZ

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tangent, but the GTO is getting worse and worse. Canada used to be a reasonable balance of freedom and regulations and a lot of burgers considered it a better place. Now it's completely cucked. Also, dem RE prices. Like it's bad in America, but even 30 mins (no traffic) out of Toronto, and you are still looking at a couple of mil. Honestly, I would run. It's fun to visit sometimes, but goddamn.

[...]
      A Mustang completely smokes the living shit out of an Si or GR86. So does a Camaro. For basically the same price. You can't argue that.

[...]
      Your pic related is a horrible example.
      > about 5k-10k all day long on the used market

If you get that gen Si for 5k, you are doing, and I am not exaggerating:
      > repaint
      > clutch, fork, throwout bearing
      > exhaust (all)
      > literally the entire suspension
      > starter, AC, whole accessory belt chain basically
      > bunch of little shit like battery cables, sensors, etc

Also, that car is impossible to work on - there is a metric shitton removed there even though it doesn't look that modded. The rear has a frick-huge panel stock where the brace bar is. Need to take it off to get to anything. Front has a huge cover / radiator holder that doesn't let you get to the starter / generator / etc.

Basically, the whole thing is a huge pain in the ass to work on. The car in your pic is at least 20k as pictured, likely 30-40.

Also, you can make 250-300whp with a supercharger, but keep in mind that everything else has to handle it. Oh, and I forgot lines and calipers all around too because it's on the "minor shit" list.

I happen to be somewhat of an expert on your pic-related.

If you are trolling, you got me, just saw "a few simple mods" after typing all that shit.

The real dilemma is that the 8th gen Si does smoke both the new GR86 and the new Si with a 500 chip with zero physical mods, making it very painful to get the new cars, because you are quite literally just paying for the reliability and zero actual improvement.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It was a troll I can't help myself with a few simple mod posts when people are getting too serious about their shitbox racecar builds, but there are some bargain hondas out there if you somehow find a perfect one.
        TSX/Element/Accord is a pretty easy way to find K24s that haven't been brutalized yet.
        You buy some teenager's Si that's on the sixth owner, you're in for bad times of course.
        Building a K20 isn't cheap or easy anymore and pretending otherwise isn't fair.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

At the end of the day, what people neglect to mention when they mod their stuff heavily is that they are a mechanic, youtuber, or someone who wants to dedicate their life to the car.

What you have in pic related is actually "reasonable", insofar that it's a single-purpose thing to go fast - it's also a complete uncomfortable death trap.

K24 Miatas are also a good way to go at that point. Or LS1 Miatas.

But yea, same page - nobody wants to heavy-mod their daily, and people underestimate the shit out of how much upkeep it takes. Basically not reasonable to bring into a new car discussion.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

damn that engine bay looks clean as fk

is this what people without winter salting get to enjoy

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is what people with a full strip, weld, reinforce, prep, and repaint get to enjoy. I.e. half a summer or $15,000 later. If it's anything like the NA Miata, it's a floppy-ass piece of shit stock, which NO ONE ever seems to talk about it. Holy shit @ the Miata body roll.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't care ifi t's amerifat or japanese, just make it cheap enough that it's in the same price range as basic commuter cars

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're fine in winter if you have winter tires.
    You can either buy a second set of rims or you can just have the tires swapped on the oem rims when the season changes.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get the WRX if you are worried about winter driving. I have one, pretty fun car with good tuning potential. There's good financing incentives on 2023 models if you can still find them.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

no one needs to worry about winter driving even on a BRZ
      It's just a matter of getting winter tires

At stock suspension the BRZ has no issue, even an inch lower is fine according to my friend's experience but personally not gonna bother lowering my car no matter how much the board autist whines about wheel gap

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So I hear, but people will worry about snow anyway and like to get AWD to feel better about themselves. Frick if I know, never have to deal with snow, sunny and summer tires all year round..

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's not like you have any other options in that price range other than the Si or the Elantra N (which isn't even an option). Or Miata, which is the same car.

Everything else is 50k. Yes, you need the GT and Premium package on a V8 Mustang to match the GR86 interior.

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I walked up to one once and they are really little

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>saw one in a yard lately
    >had a close look
    >bought a wrx instead

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this tbh, its a shitbox that happens to be rwd being sold at a premium

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

laughing at everyone trusting the subaru engine with 40k (which sounds like dogshit)

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>heres a guy putting more money into a car than its worth just to be quirky!

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

All the Gucci parts into that $4000 shell will still be cheaper than a 2nd gen
        Nucar buyers are paypig morons

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No its not. Dudes got probably $8k in engine, $4k in CF quarter panels for no reason (lol didn't bother putting inserts in), $3k in wheels and tires, $1k in a front splitter for a car that'll probably never utilize it, $3k in suspension components, likely $2k for a big gay wing, and you just know he's putting all kinds of dumb bullshit like an aftermarket radio and racing seats for no reason.

Cool, its approaching new car pricing being heavily modified to the point where if something breaks you're spending that premium again and waiting on the gucci seller to ship it only to impress morons for a car that is still about as slow as a base model BRZ.

But at least he's not a paypig moron.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it would have been based if he put that kind of money into an mr2, clearly doesnt have the balls for it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>$1k in a front splitter for a car that'll probably never utilize it
            cope harder lol

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

oh no, its moronic too!

Shut up idiot, if thats your car you know best of all that isn't an affordable option to a new car. Racing especially without sponsors is a massive money furnace.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>cheaper, faster car is less affordable
            Fake engine noise rot your brain? A 2.5 swap nc blows this out even harder for sub 15k
            >no sponsors
            skill issue lol

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no sponsors
            >skill issue lol
            As outlined by your unsponsored car.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The fake engine noise is gay but it's REALLY easy to turn off. just unplug the speaker which only job is to play the engine sound. Otherwise, it's good.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>h*nda
      ew

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just buy a Corvette or better get a sports bike.
    Momentum cars are a meme

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>says a man who's never seen a hill in his life.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Momentum is just another word for slow

28. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just save a bit more and buy a C7 hell you can get a clean C6 for 35k

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not OP, but I don't buy American or Korean cars.

29. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The GR86 is just so sexy though.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Gorgeous vehicle, but you're going to end up paying the Toyota Tax for a very slightly adjusted BRZ. I would buy exclusively Toyotas, but they aren't even worth fricking with. Dealers are going to gouge you and used sellers are going to sell a 5 year old Toyota for MSRP of a brand new one.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Idk man, I got this one for 26k flat and it's a 2023 Premium, from a dealer too (used with 30k miles but still.) Just have to know how and when to b***h about stuff really.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>big wheels
          >tiny brake rotors
          This is so ugly to see

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well something had to make it under 30k. Just spend 1-2k on some BBKs

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

At only 2800 pounds I hope you don't think it actually needs larger brakes.
            For a track car, maybe, sure.
            But you're not going to fade the brakes during any kind of on-road driving.

It doesn't make sense to add rotational mass and unsprung weight just because you like "the look" of big rotors.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, I think it needs smaller wheels

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The base model has 17" wheels, and a lot of people prefer that size.
            Pictured in

https://i.imgur.com/KLnA3r0.jpeg

Idk man, I got this one for 26k flat and it's a 2023 Premium, from a dealer too (used with 30k miles but still.) Just have to know how and when to b***h about stuff really.

are the premium trim's 18" wheels.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>tiny brakes
            You can upgrade to 05 Legacy GT front brakes for a song (316mm diameter vs the stock 295), and it already has the largest non-brembo rear rotors Subaru's ever made at 290mm. However, you need to keep in mind that larger brakes increase unsprung mass which has a huge negative effect on handling, and its stock brakes are already plenty strong to lock up the tires. The only benefit you'd be adding is more fade resistance, which is not a big issue on toyobarus either with track pads and dot 4 fluid.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Looks great

30. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Stop being a gay and buy a porsche boxster

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *