It really was kino of the highest order, wasn't it?

It really was kino of the highest order, wasn't it?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It was an extremely biased cabaret in cars

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They shit on Amerilard turds. As they should.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

cant even banter anymore without getting cancelled

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>1 whole american sitting on the tailgate
          I regularly fap to women in excess of that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>implying
        Hammond gets hard at the thought of muscle cars and Clarkson is practically an honorary American.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They pretty much shit on everything that isn't british or Ferrari/Lamborghini/Porsche

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

good

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I clapped whenever they made fun of us.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The single biggest thing I hated about that show was that normalgays thought it was legit informative material about cars and not an evening entertainment show.
    But then again you can't blame the show for normalgays being normalgays.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Everything they’ve said about us Americans is 100% factual.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The only thing they got right

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He said looking outside at his clapped out astra vxr.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It had flaws, it was inaccurate at times, but you’ll never get it again because you live in an era of malaise and misery, instead of joy and humor. The idea of car enthusiasm now is either autistic obsession (SavageGeese jerking off about switchgear) or lowest common denominator pablum.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>start of segment shitting on the car
    >car is actually "BRILLIANT"

>stat of segment praising the car
    >car is actually "RUBBISH"

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>car is italian
      >car is objectively shit

>car is still BRILLIANT has SOUL and PASSION

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's how script writing works

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>script writing is about making everything as formatted and predictable as humanly possible

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's how script writing works

>Car review goes over Pros and cons of the car
      >drooling morons shocked and appalled at such a formulaic structure

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The fact they all walked away from Top Gear with Jeremy is pretty remarkable. Lots of loyalty between the 3

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>inb4 the homoerotic animu drawings

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nah Top Gear is all man. It filters women and homosexuals. As women and homosexuals are incapable of appreciating cars.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>homosexuals are incapable of appreciating cars.
          Should we tell him?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>pull pants down
            >"oh, wiener"

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

frick you for making me laugh at such an obvious yet moronic joke

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

lotta loyalty for a hired gear

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

So brave of them to walk in to multimillion dollar contracts after earning £300k at the bbc.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it was kino during its peak (2004-2010ish)
    after that the humour started to become so on-the-nose and predictable that it was barely watchable at times
    Grand Tour was shit

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Or maybe you just grew up

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

nah, they obviously started hamming it up around the time the show became a worldwide hit and lost all subtlety. didn't help that they rehashed a lot of the same gags (e.g the fake sponsors that showed a rude word when the door was opened) and ran them into the ground

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

meant for

Or maybe you just grew up

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ftfy

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Every single one of these guys looks bullyable

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

no one has ever watched this

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

wtf i thought it was a shoop with some random stock photos

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(American_TV_series)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Top Gear was
            >was
            yeah that makes sense

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I did and it was shit and they basically just ruined a dozen good cars and did and said nothing funny

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

no one has ever watched this

>no one has ever watched this

I did. American Top Gear was fine, it certainly couldn't stack up against Clarkson, Hamster, and May Top Gear; but it was watchable. I'd say current Top Gear had gotten to the point of being watchable as well, it wasn't anything special but it wasn't the trash fire it was right after they canned Clarkson.

OG Top Gear > The Grand Tour > Murrican Top Gear > Post Clarkson Top Gear.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This series like the rebooted top gear, really hit it strides in the latter half of it's run. Once the presenters started to develop their own dynamic.

Sand Job is shit.

Not so much shit but kind of boring. It just felt like a retread of the madgascar episode but set in a desert.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sand Job is shit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I thought it was pretty cool. Saw a little slice of life in a part of the world I’ll never have to think about or consider going.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It was worth it purely to make me aware that THIS thing exists. I love that this thing is in the world, it's totally bonkers even by Lambo standards. I might daily this if I were rich as frick.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I wouldn't say shit, just boring. And the whole "pretending scripted things aren't scripted" only really worked on top gear

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I was hoping they'd talk a bit more about that huge ass train in the beginning

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I wouldn't say shit, just boring. And the whole "pretending scripted things aren't scripted" only really worked on top gear

I thought it was pretty cool. Saw a little slice of life in a part of the world I’ll never have to think about or consider going.

This series like the rebooted top gear, really hit it strides in the latter half of it's run. Once the presenters started to develop their own dynamic.

[...]
      Not so much shit but kind of boring. It just felt like a retread of the madgascar episode but set in a desert.

Should've been them doing the Africa Eco Race, an amateur successor to the classic Dakar that goes from Paris to Senegal like the old race did. Imagine if they did it like the Britcar 24h from the old TG days; just building a cheap desert racer and legitimately competing in it. Document the trials and tribulations of their competition.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They’re too old to do any actual racing.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's TSD rallying, a form of racing tailor made for old British farts. Besides, it's not like anyone expects them to win. The challenge is just in finishing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sand Job is gemmy asf, i havent even finished it and it's one of their best so far, better than a lot of their others!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Mmm, I’m in the same boat as you, as I’m about an hour in. It just feels like your typical TG/GT special. One slightly annoying thing I find about Sand Job is the Chekhov’s Gun cliche they’re doing with the tanker.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

top gear was awesome and the specials are even better. jeremy might be annoying but so are the rest, he's just good at it. love the show.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Reddit cringe show. None of them knew shit, or presently knows shit about cars or driving.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Do you really think that after 30 years of being car entertainers and driving cars for TV they don’t understand cars? The arrogance of some people!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They're entertainers. They don't actually do serious driving, any more than your grandmother does. An actual driver is hired to be the stig, and do the kind of driving normal men do. Do you think that every actor on TV that has done a car driving movie knows how to drive professionally too? The gullibility of some people!

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>yeah I'm a MAN I'm probably about as good as either Stig <drives slower than May>

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cute. However, posting an uncannily accurate drawing of me along with greentexting my actual thoughts, doesn't disprove my statement.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>go all over the world travelling thousands of miles in a variety of not just cars but many other forms of transport
          >nah bro it's acting

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Been re-watching the old seasons (5-8) and the show was pure sovl and bliss. Later seasons got more extreme without going overboard, sadly the grand tour went off the rails. You can tell the writers are trying to imitate the humor and style of BBC instead of improving on it and the show becomes more and more cringy and boring despite its balooning budget.

It makes me nostalgic though
    >you will never get together with your two buddies to travel across Burma in shitty lorries
    >you will never look for the source of the Nile in cars which are falling apart
    >you will never drive across Vietnam on a $150 scooter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I sincerely regret watching my first Grand Tour episode (Sand Job or whatever it was called) a couple of days ago, I literally wasted two hours of my life to watch 3 old farts pretending to be fun and collecting their multi-million paycheck.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Besides the cinematography, no. Take that away and they're basically any number of the cartuber ecelebs that cropped up in the 15 years or so.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>haha today we break a perfectly fine car and send it to the scrapyard!!!!!
    Always hated these homosexuals. Though May's solo youtube channel is okay, the other two are cancer. Especially Clarkson and his cult of fatherless groupies.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

homie are you gay or something?
      >GAYMX

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>homie are you gay or something?
        How is that related to my message you utter shiteater ?

So brave of them to walk in to multimillion dollar contracts after earning £300k at the bbc.

This. The sheer parasocial adoration these pathetic fanboys exhibit is gross.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>it's a scene where Clarkson bullies Hammond

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>HAMMONDYOUIDIOTYOUREVERSEDINTOTHESPORTSLORRY

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
  16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it went from comfy car show with comical elements to WE NEED TO KEEP EVERYBODY WATCHING EVEN PEOPLE WHO DGAF ABOUT CARS, INSERT MORE GAGS

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I watched the first hour of the new one while following along on Google maps. It's really easy since there really aren't that many landmarks in the desert and there is a lot of weird backtracking and whatnot. Like I know it's a tv show but it feels less like an adventure than the old ones

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

We're getting one more special, and after that it's dead for good, for real this time (probably).

It's gonna be in Zimbabwe. What do you think the car theme will be?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You actually watch this homosexualry ? And they're still making it ?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You’re obviously in the minority here. Take a hint and go back to r/cars.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>e-celeb sucking
          >old homosexuals doing stupid shit and wrecking cars
          >somehow not reddit incarnate
          Shut the frick up. I'd be even ready to bet one of those three homosexuals certainly did a Reddit ama.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>muh wrecking cars
            Sit down, be humble you stupid homosexual, a focus RS getting completely destroyed in a week by an offroad trip through Africa is a much better fate for it than being driven to work at Walmart by a vaper for 10 years before being sold to a mexican to become an eyesore. Stars that burn bright burn out fast.
            Go. Back. You’re not welcome.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>grrrrr go back muh idols
            Been here longer than you redditor. Go fanboy over your TV homosexuals somewhere else.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/mFBrPBF.gif

You actually watch this homosexualry ? And they're still making it ?

>haha today we break a perfectly fine car and send it to the scrapyard!!!!!
            Always hated these homosexuals. Though May's solo youtube channel is okay, the other two are cancer. Especially Clarkson and his cult of fatherless groupies.

Besides the cinematography, no. Take that away and they're basically any number of the cartuber ecelebs that cropped up in the 15 years or so.

>t. Morris Marina owners club member

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

NTA but yeah. I watched a few including the one where may crashes the evo in the tunnel. It's not bad

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

gayest post on DA rn

• 2 months ago
        Greased Geese

frick you, clarkson losing control of a fricking pbr and smashing into chinks boats was the funniest shit ive seen in a long time.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Seamen is one of my favorite specials out of both shows.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Whoa who let this newbie back in:

Where's prezo when you need him lmao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

it's literally same shit as top gear specials, except guys got quite a bit older and maybe a tad softer. it's great

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>We're getting one more special, and after that it's dead for good, for real this time (probably).

From what I heard Clarkson, Hammond, and May are probably going to do another show together; but they haven't decided what its going to be yet and they don't think its going to be car related because they said they've pretty much run out of ideas for car challenges.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I really enjoyed their gardening episode.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>It really was kino of the highest order, wasn't it?
    it really was. i've been watching plenty of top gear ripoffs with cheap car challenges and it only makes me appreciate top gear more. even when it was heavily scripted, the trio makes it enjoyable

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i prefer bottom gear tbh

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Old men b***hing about any car that isn't built by Bongs or Krauts
    Never understood the appeal

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the funniest bit I've ever seen in TG was during the episode where they had to buy and insure cars as if they were new teenaged drivers, and clarkson/hammond fricked with may's stereo system so it was permablasting obnoxious techno every time he turned the car on
    makes me laugh like an absolute moron whenever I see those clips

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

May crashing into shopping carts in an attempt to impress some girls with his handbraking skills.
      >They’re hot for James May right now!
      >Might as well cut my penis off for all the good that did.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's cringe reddit "humor"

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *