Italy

Italy as a car destination.

Japan, Great Britain, France, Germany, Switzerland all have great active car communities and car events. Italy on the otherhand seems to have great car establishments but no grassroots car scene. Automotive excellence is instead siloed away and shipped to foreigners, you are most likely to see the best of Italy in Switzerland and Japan. Italy has no Le Mans, Isle of Man or Nurburgring equivalent.

Is there a single good reason to go to Italy?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Italy has no Le Mans, Isle of Man or Nurburgring equivalent
    Black person ever heard of monza?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You think Monza is an equivalent? Ridiculous.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's the oldest circuit in mainland europe you historically illiterate clown

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Brutal

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>You think Monza is an equivalent
        Old F1 layout Monza was pure unfiltered kino

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>roads 2m wide
    >citygays drive vespas or lil fiats
    >countryside is all 90 year old farmers
    >poor
    kinda easy to see why they don't have a car culture

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They actually have a very active grassroots motorcycle and kart racing culture instead. Especially motorcycles.

Italy is one of the easiest countries to go pro in either from a young age other than Spain and UK

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

1990s Italy

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Automotive excellence is instead siloed away and shipped to foreigners

We do this with every single of our excellence product and non, we can’t afford shit because we’re a third world country with salaries stuck at the same levels of the 90s thanks to Europe and the Americans who fricked up this country after the war with gladio and their satanic 3 letter agencies.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You have Busso V6s and the original touge. Put it to use.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

V6 busso does like 6 km with 1 litre of fuel, it’s expensive as frick to run and maintain.
        Have you ever seen cars on our roads? They’re all neglected, dirty and left mostly without care.
        My father has an 80.000€ suv bought in September of last year and it’s never been washed, he uses it with dirty windows and a mix of dust/salt encrusted to the body of the car.

It makes me beyond mad.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

People in Italy, especially younger ones, do not have the necessary buying power, which keeps a lot of them outside car stuff.

Core problem of Italy is the existence of Southern Italy lol (followed by the Black person influx and the overall mafia political cuilture).

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

What are you implying?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

We dumped a decent population of them off onto America.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

warm countries almost always have horrible atrociously bad salaries and the same living costs as their northern neighbors

Just look at NY/NJ vs Florida

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>thanks to Europe
      Now I'm mad. First off: if even Greece managed to raise salaries, then it's not Europe, it's Italy; I know scapegoating is our national sport, but the whole of Europe managed to grow. Secondly: the economy has stagnated because industrially we're stuck in the '80s, with cottage industry out of the wazoo, with massive inefficiencies at every turn; the whole economy is made out of small-medium businesses and owners always straddle the line of illegality with bullshit contracts and criminally low pays. Young people entering the job market have no choice but basically work for free for one to four years, depending on how lucky they are. Workers' rights have been eroded in the last 30 years, thanks to the efforts of basically the whole political spectrum, and with little reaction from the population because they're all dumb cattles that can be easily bribed with some pitiful gibs, especially boomers.

Meanwhile second hand cars' prices have skyrocketed, and gas often swings above 2€/l. The end result is that even if I wanted to buy a Miata and have fun with it, I basically can't because in my two years of hard work I managed to save little over 5k, all while splitting rent and utilities and being a nocar. And I'm a fricking engineer for God sake! So no, muh Europe scapegoat won't work this time: it's business owners that need a fricking bullet in the back of their stupid greedy head!

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>5k
        fra go back living with your parents or leave like I and many more did. 2 years of 800 euro/month internship or what? If you have an eng degree go back to your parents and look for a proper job wherever in Italy or abroad, that is not normal.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The first 6 months were a 700€/month stage, and that eroded my pre-existing savings. It's a long story, but it ain't easy for me at the moment to leave this hopeless shithole. My plan is to work another year and then try getting hired abroad again, hopefully the work experience pays off.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The real sign of the car market being all sorts of fricked is the fact that you can't even buy a beater for less than 1k anymore. Even commuters like the Nissan Micra K11/12 or Toyota Yaris are now in the 2k range for their BASE TRIMS at a decent mileage.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I was looking at some wagecuck car and people ask more than 2k for literal wrecks, and I mean complete write-offs (front end gone, exploded airbags). A quick search and I found a totaled Fiesta, with 170k km, for the low low price of 1500€. I remember seeing people asking like 10k for an unrepaired MX-5 ND that literally rolled over. I blame boomers for this. They stole from the future, and now they keep stealing from the already impoverished present.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Should've come to Sicily, there's a big community

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Comunità di terroni emigranti a Milano dove vanno a fare i ricchioni e a votare il pd lol

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's impossible to own a niceish car in shitaly I swear to god even a 2014 brz is 25k with 60k km and there's the taxes and inssurance that are so expensive most young people can't afford it, this is truly the worst country on earth

>sicily, if you want to never leave sure you should totally go

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Is there a single good reason to go to Italy?
    there are way more reasons to visit Italy than ANY other country on earth as a foreigner. And I say this as an Italian expat. Living in Italy is hellish, visiting it on the other hand, especially coming from a better economy, is peak travelling. Everytime I come back now I actually enjoy Italy much more then when I lived there.

Who the frick visits a country for its cars anyway? Autism

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Who the frick visits a country for its cars anyway?
      Is there another reason?

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

kinda sucks if you own a military vehicle. last time i checked you're not allowed to drive them on the roads as a private owner

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

amerifat here, my mom wanted to go to italy so I went with her and my sister. Rented a little gay fiat with 95 hp and a 6 speed. I had a blast! didnt get to go on any of the really famous alpine roads or whatever cus it was winter, but the roads I did go on were fun and honestly just the traffic flow of a bunch of italians in underpowered manual shitcans is really fun. Maybe theres something wrong with me but i enjoyed the tight village streets and the madness of milans main roads. I love america and our roads but man italian traffic is something else... most americans would probably crack under the pressure but if youre fine with it, its fun

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *