it's ~$150 in monthly costs to go from a compact car to a full-size truck/SUV.

it's ~$150 in monthly costs to go from a compact car to a full-size truck/SUV. i don't understand how someone could justify saving such a small amount of money for such a massive change in utility, comfort, and safety.

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I like something small sporty and cheap on gas. Savings on all ends really. Enough to justify a side motorcycle.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>saving
      >has to pay people to have shit done

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

i have cars, trucks, suvs, motorcycles, and boats

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I didn't know truck drivers
        >grow all their own food
        >make their own clothes
        >drill their own oil and refine in it themselves into gasoline/diesel
        >personally manufacture their own phones
        >cut their own lumber and dry it for years before using it
        >machine their own replacement parts from iron ore they smelted themselves into steel

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I don't need a truck. I own nothing and am happy.

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I wouldn't swap if the truck was $150 less per month. I like driving cars, not transporting loads.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Maybe it's not about the money?

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Imagine paying $150 monthly for penis extending nanny 'safe' car. Trucks are not safe tho, as the center of mass is higher

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

i took the vehicle safety data from

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/driver-death-rates-remain-high-among-small-cars

and sorted it in image related.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>$150/mo
        but how many months?
        and have you compared it to putting that $150/mo into a high yield savings account and seeing what happens to it?

they don't factor in the odds of roll overs. It might be safer in a 1:1 crash test, but if in the real world the truck flips and the car doesn't, I doubt the truck would be safer.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I'll give you a hint
          And you can get CDs that are quite a bit higher, although generally you buy those up front and can't make contributions to them.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>4.25
            yeah this shit wont be around for much longer

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

they will unless the economy crashes. the fed is going to keep interest rates up so they have the ability to lower them if the economy turns south. they're never going back to <2% rates when the economy is okay because that doesn't give them any room to act when it does go down, which happened during COVID.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

4% CDs aren't the norm anon

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Yes they, just stop looking at brick and mortar banks. they'll never give you anything more than 1.200564984545%

My savings account with American Express is 4.3% APY and I have a CD with JPMorgan (through fidelity) at 5.4%

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

That's a lot to spend for practically no benefit in utility, comfort, or safety.

https://i.imgur.com/FTRceQe.png

I'll give you a hint
            And you can get CDs that are quite a bit higher, although generally you buy those up front and can't make contributions to them.

you can directly buy US treasuries and get more yield than that or buy money market funds which buy treasuries and get the same thing for like 0.001% management expense.
            How about you CDs nuts

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Because MM don't offer guarantee of long term interest rate. If tomorrow J-Powell cuts interest rates to 2% MMs are going to drop to very close to that. Whereas my CDs and bonds will retain their original rate and increase in market value.

Of course the opposite is true that if rates go up, the MM will go up and the CDs and bonds will stay the same rate and decrease in market value.

Also buying short term treasuries is just cucking yourself. You could just buy investment grade corporate bonds for additional return for a negligible amount of risk.
            >but treasuries are higher than a lot of corporate notes
            yes because shit's fricked right now as can be seen in the inverted yield curve in

https://i.imgur.com/xrCyY1D.png

Yes they, just stop looking at brick and mortar banks. they'll never give you anything more than 1.200564984545%

My savings account with American Express is 4.3% APY and I have a CD with JPMorgan (through fidelity) at 5.4%

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

This is genuine poor neurotic person logic. I drive for hours every week and want my QoL to be as high as possible. I don't care about $10k in 5 years while I drive a Yaris instead of a Sequoia. Genuinely stupid.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

>they don't factor in the odds of roll overs. It might be safer in a 1:1 crash test, but if in the real world the truck flips and the car doesn't, I doubt the truck would be safer.
          the post

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

okay, whatever that means
            another fun fact you might enjoy is the IIHS doesn't conduct any crash tests at speeds above 40mph. Which almost by definition, the most dangerous crashes will be those occurring at those above those speeds.

You're moronic. Modern trucks are not flipping and if they do those 12'' thick A-pillars will save you. If you t-bone a pickup hard enough in a car to flip it you're going to be in much worse shape than the truck driver.

>higher center of gravity doesn't increase likelihood of flipping
            >t-bones are the only way to flip a truck
            truckolds really are moronic

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

What part of you're not flipping a modern truck are you not understanding? You're kind of proving that by showing some stats from 2008.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>You're kind of proving that by showing some stats from 2008.
            The data shows the despite only accounting for 24.5% of the vehicular accident population. Roll over crashes account for 36% of fatalities.

Pick related shows that trucks are over twice as likely as passenger cars to be in a rollover.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3217479/#b13-aam50_p163

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

The newest data in that article is 15+ years old. Show me how many people died in 2023 in 10 year old or newer pickup truck rollover accidents.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

show me the newer data that disproves it

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

https://crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/CISS/

Filter the fatal accidents with rollovers. 99% of the fatal truck rollover cases are from people getting ejected because they're not wearing their belt.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

yeah, if you stop looking after the first page, I got these three in the first 100 results which which is 3% fatalities with use of a seat belt.

https://crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/CISS/Details?Study=SCI&CaseId=10707
            https://crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/CISS/Details?Study=SCI&CaseId=22085
            https://crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/CISS/Details?Study=SCI&CaseId=11018

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Those are all 20 year old trucks... Was your brain damaged in a rollover accident or something?

>99% of the fatal truck rollover cases are from people getting ejected because they're not wearing their belt.
            Truck owners are the premier demographic for doing just that though.

That's an owner thing and has nothing to do with trucks themselves. If you don't get drunk as frick, do 100mph into a guard rail and roll until you eject you're probably not going to die in a truck.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

because it's a tiny data sample. filter for only 2020-2024 model years ALL vehicle types and roll over only. You get 43 results.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>You get 43 results
            Maybe because modern vehicles are really fricking safe and hard to roll over??? Out of those 43 how many are pickup trucks with belted occupants? Go 2014-2024 to thicken the pool a little. The overall stats won't change much. You aren't flipping a modern truck unless you do something really fricking dumb.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

no you moron, because that data set is only crashes that NHTSA investigated themselves. it's not all recorded accidents in America
            https://crashviewer.nhtsa.dot.gov/

I haven't gone through pic and link related yet, but it's not looking good for modern truggs.
            https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/813060

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

buschads we fricking won

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>99% of the fatal truck rollover cases are from people getting ejected because they're not wearing their belt.
            Truck owners are the premier demographic for doing just that though.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Qq2DiLt.png

okay, whatever that means
            another fun fact you might enjoy is the IIHS doesn't conduct any crash tests at speeds above 40mph. Which almost by definition, the most dangerous crashes will be those occurring at those above those speeds.
            [...]
            >higher center of gravity doesn't increase likelihood of flipping
            >t-bones are the only way to flip a truck
            truckolds really are moronic

https://i.imgur.com/FTRceQe.png

I'll give you a hint

https://i.imgur.com/L9GLIiI.png

i took the vehicle safety data from

https://www.iihs.org/news/detail/driver-death-rates-remain-high-among-small-cars

and sorted it in image related.

If you want saftey just ride the bus or dont go out at all you fricking homosexuals. All this crying about "MUH SAFTEY" is the reason every modern car is a zogged computer on wheels, you vill have mandatory self driving and u vill be happy because its safer

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

You're moronic. Modern trucks are not flipping and if they do those 12'' thick A-pillars will save you. If you t-bone a pickup hard enough in a car to flip it you're going to be in much worse shape than the truck driver.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

A truck will HEAD CRUSH: MAXIMUM you in your homosexual little compact

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

Truck drivers get very angry for some reason about driving what they think is better vehicle than other people, it's a very strange phenomenon.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

how many people have you headcrushed

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

iirc the rollover risk is significantly lower than the other risks in sedans

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>it's ~$150 in monthly costs to go from a compact car to a full-size truck/SUV.
    Pretty hard to justify that if moving from a hybrid. If you can swing PHEV due to lifestyle, you get both benefits from hybrid and EV. Moving to a truck/SUV makes zero sense unless the cargo space is insufficient, which at that point it's cheaper to just hire the labor out if it's occasional.

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>The percentage of light-truck occupant fatalities decreased from 30 percent in 2010 to 28 percent in 2019

hmmmmmmm

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

not sure if you're moronic or just trolling at this point.
      you're whole arguement was that trucks have gotten much safer over the recent decades yet there's virtually no change in percentage of fatalities from 2010 to 2019. And to boot passenger cars went down 4% in the same time period.

If you're not trolling just kys and spare yourself the pain of living life as a moron.

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>hey bro its just another $100 a month

>why am I 45 and still unable to afford a house mortgage?

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

It costs $150/month to go to a small/midsize SUV. Full size SUVs or trucks have $1,000/month payments.

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Not all of us have 150€ more to throw on a bigger car.
    Plus, a bigger than a 4.30m car doesn't fit on my garage and even if I remove the room behind it I wouldn't be able to get it inside since the houses in front are illegally constructed and there's not enough room to do the maneuver.

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I like small cars. Frick off.

12. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

thats a lot over the couese of a year. And at least for me, i prefer a smaller car. I own an suv and 2 compact coupes and the suv almost never gets driven nowdays, other when im moving a bunch of bullshit around. Even then i can fit a 4 cyl engine in the trunk of my saturn so theres not too much a reason to even keep the suv insured

13. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Is this just car payment or something else?

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

fuel, insurance, and maintenence

14. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

1 i dont like big cars
    2 i dont need a big car.
    Buying an suv/truck because you.might need to haul shit that wont fit into a sedan/wagon once every 3 years or so is idiotic.

15. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>doesnt include purchase price

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *