It's 2024 why is every used car website 100% dogshit with a barely functioning filter?

It's 2024 why is every used car website 100% dogshit with a barely functioning filter?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They don't want you to find the car you want. They want you to find the car they want.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Damnit.. You're probably right

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Autotrader isn't bad, it has a keyword filter at least.
      Also has a good point, in that they don't want you to find a car easily because they want you to click through tons of pages and rack up ad impressions.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Autotrader isn't bad
        Huh? It's fricking horrible.
        >Want to look for 6 cylinders within 75 miles radius
        >No newer than 2018
        >First result is a $45k 2024
        >Next options are a turbo charged 4 cyl. Lincoln
        >A car that actually interests me... Is 1137 miles away
        I've literally thrown my phone browsing that piece of shit

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Skill issue.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

On a separate note, according to auto trader there are ZERO Mazdas with a V6 within 100 miles of Detroit.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

filter both min and max model year and then sort by price or distance
          stealerships listing cars incorrectly can't be helped I'm afraid

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>barely functioning filter?

Autotraders filter is pretty great actually. You can filter by number of cylinders, drive type, body type, pretty much anything you'd want and you can look at 100 cars a page so you can filter through a lot of them in a hurry. I wish the other sites worked as well, some of them have good inventory; but they're harder to wade through.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because a lot of them turned pure corporate shills. Cargurus used to be pretty good till they started the whole paid sponsorship thing. Now the search results are clogged up with vehicles unrelated to the initial search and it's hard to tell at times which vehicle do match your search results. Like the distance filter is completely useless because of all the "we will ship" ads.

The thing is all those companies collect monthly fees from dealers to have the vehicles listed there and I know back in 2019 those fees we not cheap. Like 1k a month or better depending on the size of the dealership. Autotrader is probably one of the last "ok" ones. At least it doesn't put unrelated cars in the search results and you can filter out the premium listings fairly simply.

I dunno what you two are smoking but I want some

Craigslist master race reporting in
      Bought all 3 of my cars off Craigslist. Never had to deal with buttholes or scammers. You just gotta know how to pick 'em

I live in Metro Detroit and have heard literal horror stories about Craigslist... Gems too though

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

kijijiauto is decent
    but you always run into the tag search problem of people not labeling their cars properly

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because a lot of them turned pure corporate shills. Cargurus used to be pretty good till they started the whole paid sponsorship thing. Now the search results are clogged up with vehicles unrelated to the initial search and it's hard to tell at times which vehicle do match your search results. Like the distance filter is completely useless because of all the "we will ship" ads.

The thing is all those companies collect monthly fees from dealers to have the vehicles listed there and I know back in 2019 those fees we not cheap. Like 1k a month or better depending on the size of the dealership. Autotrader is probably one of the last "ok" ones. At least it doesn't put unrelated cars in the search results and you can filter out the premium listings fairly simply.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like to browse used cars in different parts of the world. The main Hungarian used car website, hasznaltauto.hu, has the best filters I've seen. It includes the standard ones like make & model, distance, price, etc., but it also includes filters for transmission type (auto, manual, sequential, CVT, tiptronic), number of gears, drive wheels (FWD, RWD, AWD, 4WD), engine size, engine configuration (inline, V, W, boxer, wankel), fuel type (gas, diesel, hybrid, electric, lpg), engine power, vehicle weight (dry and gvw), cargo capacity, number of doors, number of seats, exterior and interior colors, and every option you can think of.

The website maintains a database of vehicle specs, so the person listing the vehicle doesn't need to input any of that information themselves. They just need to enter the VIN or pick the correct make, model, year, and trim from a list. There are occasional user errors, but the data is correct enough of the time for it to be useful.

The result is that I can easily search for, for example, a black two door car with seating for four and a slick top that weighs less than 1500 kg and has a inline configuration diesel engine connected to a six speed manual driving the rear wheels through a limited slip differential and does have cruise control but doesn't have a DPF or start-stop system.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I use them all.
    Autotempest. Autotrader. Edmunds.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is the US auto trader so much worse than the UK one hahaha

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Craigslist master race reporting in
    Bought all 3 of my cars off Craigslist. Never had to deal with buttholes or scammers. You just gotta know how to pick 'em

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>using a used car website instead of just browsing FBM or Craigslist

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What city do u live in

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

LA baby, you wouldn't believe the shit I find for close to nothing

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>FBM
      >Craigslist
      >crackhead prices, and most likely crackhead sellers that'll stab you if you go with the intention of buying

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>thinking low prices are somehow crackhead behavior
        >paying a upwards of a 3k$ premium because you're too afraid to interact with strangers

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I actually scored with TrueCar when I bought my truck a couple of years back, dumbass dealer only had it listed there and their own website and the truck was in an off-site storage lot so I was the first person to even ask about it in like 4 months of it sitting there and got it for like $8k below market.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think I found my car on edmunds. autotrader is alirght and cars.com is pretty shit.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

only filters I need.
    -price
    -manual

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

based

https://i.imgur.com/Xk04bMj.jpeg

the filters are fine, the issues is garbage in data entry. theres too much shit to filter by nobody is gonna spend the time to define every attribute

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's 2024, why is every car manufacturer website 100% dogshit with the exception of Tesla?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *