Anonymous

Yeah nah, I'll still give EVs 15 more years

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>not 0-100
    who gives a shit? saged and reported and downvoted

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because 10-80% is the bracket where the battery does not take damage. Whenever you go outside of that bracket it shaves off months of its lifespan.

>then why not implement that bracket in the charging cycle and then show it at 0-100% to the user
      Then the capacity and range numbers would look far less enticing. It's all marketing.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>only 125k views, 3 weeks ago
    it's over indeed

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>no manual
    lol who cares

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bro, do you even clutch?

this thing is automatic

Very organic 3 posts in a row

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

cope

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

About?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

nobody liking your clutch pedal and shifterless trash can on wheels

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

"My"?

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bro, do you even clutch?

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this thing is automatic

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

fixed gear is not an automatic slushbox

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

brother just look at it from the side, it's automatic.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What gears is it shifting automatically?
          Electric cars don't need multiple gears any more than trains need multiple gears.
          They have real torque.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

What I'm saying is if it's automatic, it's gay and no point in buying it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Good thing it's not automatic then

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kek post a pic of the center console. I literally don't have to see the inside or ready any specs about his car. The side profile says EVERYTHING

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

it doesn't have a gearbox, dumbass.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

so what youre saying is that its automatic?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

if you consider a car without windshield wipers has automatic wipers, then sure.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Most EVs have 2 speed gearboxes

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

literally only one does, the taycan.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Name 5

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Meanwhile, it takes less than 2 minutes to fill-up a Suburban.
    What's your point, OP?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Last time I had to fill a 30 gallon fuel tank, it took significantly longer than 2 minutes. Flow-rate on fuel pumps is only around 5 gallons a minute, and there are all the hoops you have to jump through now to put gas in, not to mention the long lines.

I basically never have to fast charge, and I can run on the electricity I generate myself rather than being dependent on some massive refinery owned by a corporation.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>hoops
        You mean opening the gas cap, tapping your card on the pump, and pulling the dispenser lever? Yeah, that's very onerous and complicated, we can see why your mental capacity maxes out by hitting the autopilot button.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

IDK if they still have ads on gas pumps. I bought an electric car when they started rolling that shit out and haven't been to a gas station since.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, you make your own batteries and photocells right?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I love it when EV cultists pretend they're not dependent on complex infrastructure. If you actually cared about that you would have bought a simple diesel engine, not an ultra complicated monstrosity that requires rare minerals assembled by specialized factories to run. You can't even make your own battery hypothetically, since don't many EVs have "safety" sensors to detect if a battery is genuine or has been tempered with by an unlicensed mechanic

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>You can't even make your own battery
          Do you have the capability of smelting the metal and casting an engine block?
          Manufacturing vehicles requires complex infrastructure. No way around that.

Once they roll out of the factory, an EV can charge from any source of electricity, including a cheap home solar array. Well within the means of most BEV owners.
          An internal combustion vehicle is dependent on fuel being delivered to fuel stations. Making your own fuel is far more expensive, involves more labor, and requires more resources unavailable to most owners of internal combustion vehicles.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So you're unironically claiming that EVs "win" because your average IC chud can't drill for oil and refine it into gasoline, while your average EV enjoyer can totally drill oil and make an oil-fired steam generator plant in their garage? That's suuuuuper fascinating, and explains the previously-surprising demographic overlap between EV drivers and troonys.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

are you seriously pretending you've never heard of solar panels?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>making solar panels is ezpz guise even a caveman can do it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Tell me, Mr Maam, how many square feet of solar panels does it take to reliably charge an average EV in a reasonable time frame?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

shut up your betters are preening

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The answer is something you're too afraid to find out

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

about 150-250 ft2, depending where you live exactly

average EV consumes about 150Wh/km
            annual mileage for average driver in US is about 25000km
            so you need to make roughly 3750 kWh
            https://www.omnicalculator.com/ecology/solar-panel

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>cheap home solar
            >charging a BEV efficiently

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

holy cope batman. after you buy the thing you can literally generate your own fuel, what does it matter that you need factories to build the car?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Damn you're a stupid little b***h. I can tell you're really poor (and REALLY worthless).
          Did a single mom raise you?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>it took significantly longer than 2 minutes
        so, only a few minutes more then?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>buy polestar with ultra fast charge time
        >i am finally free from gasisraelites and jumping through their hoops
        >go on a trip long enough to get range anxiety and look for the nearest charging station
        >there's 3 chargers there, but none of them powerful enough to charge the shaftstar in half an hour, let alone declared 10 minutes
        >2 chargers are not working for whatever reason
        >the one charger remaining is operated by a cool and trendy techbro startup that aims to revolutionize mobility, so instead of accepting sane forms of payment like a card, you need to download their shitphone app and add your credit card there
        >uh oh, it seems your phone is not running the latest version of shamOS, please buy a better phone
        >call tow service

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No it doesn't, anyone who thinks this pribably drives an econobox and never leaves his home town

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

My Tesla charges from 0 to 100 in 10 seconds

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So these 10 minute chargers will be everywhere by the end of the year?

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Now lets see Paul Alan's Polstar.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does it frick up the battery? All the rapid charge experiments I've heard about end up toasting the battery's operating life.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ev is a fricking joke the 2010s and 2020s will forever be a laughing stock looking back

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Polestar is your moms nickname

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Polestar and the fast-charging battery pioneer StoreDot successfully charged a Polestar 5 prototype from 10–80% in 10 minutes, reaching consistent charging speeds of 310–380 kW.
    Cool story bro, but there's not even one triple digit kW charger hundreds of miles around me. Matter of fact you'd be lucky to stumble upon anything higher than 50kW. Worthless tech.t

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

now lets see the battery life

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Why would you care if it's still under warranty?

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This. Only poorgays worry about battery life.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why would you care if it's still under warranty?

Until new types of batteries are made, we're on a path that can't be sustained.
          There's literally just not enough lithium on the planet to keep up with the rates we're using it for these batteries.
          along with China and russia possibly being less open to trade(where most lithium is mined and processed), this EV scheme is going to have to end sooner or later.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>There's literally just not enough lithium on the planet
            Lithium is literally one of the most common elements in the world. Its just it hasn't been very commercially valuable until now. A single mine in the US was found to be throwing away an amount of lithium equivalent to 40% of US automotive need every single year. Hardly the only mine that could benefit from adding in filtering of waste water to extract lithium.

>Until new types of batteries are made,
            Sodium Ion is now in GWh scale production.

EV dominance is inevitable. However complicated you think EV supply chains are, the current total dependence on fossil fuels is even more complicated and requires constant never ending Government subsidies.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just like peak oil was supposed to happen in the 1970s, right?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Only wrenchlets care about warranty

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ZZZZZZAP!
            sorry chud, wrenches are conductive. better luck in your next life.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>dealerships will happily and instantly replace the defective product they have sold you
        >your case will not get dragged for months by uncaring middlemen
        >the dealership will accept responsibility for any improper repairs made by them
        how is life in fantasyland, I'm really curious?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>fast charge battery
          >warranty void
          calling it now

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This. Only poorgays worry about battery life.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/electric-vehicle-battery-replacement-1.7066842
        >Dude lmao its under warranty

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>nissan
          Can you frickers stop being so poor? Just drive your Rivian in the meantime.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>just drive something 5x the price instead
            >it'll never happen to the other brands
            lol

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

that's somewhere in the rental agreement

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Rapid charging still doesn't help the fact that most places have 1 or 2 chargers at best and a line to use them, and even then not everyone is going to have the same exact EV. I'm not fricking waiting 20-30m+ just to get a charge when needed.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can only imagine what that does to the health of the battery in the long run.

18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

99% of EV charging happens at home where it takes 5 seconds to plug in when you arrive and 5 seconds to unplug when you leave. Instead of demanding more public DC fast charging, it makes much more sense to demand more home charging access for people who rent apartments.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I thought all rentoids just took the bus cause they're moronic and poor

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>it makes much more sense to demand more home charging access for people who rent apartments
      It doesn't make sense at all though, when looking at it objectively instead of through your moronic cult glasses.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It will make sense when people start leaving apartments that don't offer home charging for others that do.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why would they do this when their used tesla that they bought suuuuper cheap just burned up because a road pebble holed the battery pack?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this. right now, EVs are basically limited to homeowners. even worse, its mostly urban/suburban home owners, as rural people do actually need trucks and/or multi hundred mile range and/or actual towing/hauling capabilities.

making sure that every apartment garage has power outlets is the single best way to help EV adoption. no amount of subsidies will convince people to switch if they have to waste half an hour a week to charge it, especially at the prices that commercial charging stations demand.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

apartment chuds can't afford an EV even with subsidies, but sure go ahead and tilt at that particular windmill till you're dizzy.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

maybe they can't afford a brand new one, but there's a veritable glut of cheap model 3s already. and ofc, as time goes by, there's going to be ever more used EVs to choose from.
          and unlike ICE cars, you don't have to worry about any mechanical gremlins, just the batteries. the batteries which are getting cheaper all the time, and whose status you can easily verify with a software check from the vehicle itself.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If they can't afford a new one, they *really* can't afford a used one.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

forgot pic

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

and another. As word has gotten out about what a money pit used Teslas are, Hertz sales have slowed to 3 per wk, nationwide. They're trying to sell off ~30k of the turds.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/A8HfCB0.png

and another. As word has gotten out about what a money pit used Teslas are, Hertz sales have slowed to 3 per wk, nationwide. They're trying to sell off ~30k of the turds.

considering the extreme anti-tesla sentiment of the msm since the whole twitter/x thing, im guessing this is just horseshit. all used cars have a chance of being money sinks, and they picked an extreme example to shit on tesla.
            going from first principles, EVs simply have far fewer mechanical parts to worry about. as long as the battery pack is ok, the car should be worry free

>veritable glut of cheap model 3s
            If you stop and think about that sentence for a few moments, you'll realize that's very much *not* a good sign.

nah.
            hertz just dumped a shitload of teslas on the used market, that's what caused the glut. there's nothing wrong with the cars themselves, they're just not practical for rental cars. iirc the main issue they faced was them being returned with low battery and it being impossible to deal with charging a shitload of them all at the same time.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>there's nothing wrong with the cars themselves
            see

https://i.imgur.com/A8HfCB0.png

and try saying that with a straight face.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yea, i saw that, and i am saying it with a straight face. that singular, extreme example non-withstanding, if you buy a used model 3, all you have to do is check the battery and check it hasn't been in any major accidents. like, you know, that dude should've done.
            assuming that is the case, no accidents and battery in decent shape, you have very little to worry about. there's simply not much else that can go wrong.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>there's simply not much else that can go wrong.
            explain why ev owners have higher repair costs than ICE car owners on average then

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

maybe they can't afford a brand new one, but there's a veritable glut of cheap model 3s already. and ofc, as time goes by, there's going to be ever more used EVs to choose from.
            and unlike ICE cars, you don't have to worry about any mechanical gremlins, just the batteries. the batteries which are getting cheaper all the time, and whose status you can easily verify with a software check from the vehicle itself.

>Hertz getting rid of them because they are expensive to keep up and full of issues
            >haha no they are so great and cheap now buy used hahah!!!
            Hertz employee?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>veritable glut of cheap model 3s
            If you stop and think about that sentence for a few moments, you'll realize that's very much *not* a good sign.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Cheap and plentiful used cars is a bad thing
            Welcome to bizarr/o/

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The power grid that turns to national news when 50% of people turn on their AC at the same time will be able to survive everyone charging their cars with an even higher power draw
        Lol. LMFAO even.
        EVs will never outsell ICE cars because we spend trillions on Israel, Ukraine, and Black folk.
        So go hop in your gas guzzler and crank the volume on Kendrick Lamar's new diss track "Drake rapes children" and enjoy the cultural enrichment our tax dollars and future debt burdens paid for.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

holy based Israel, Ukraine and Black folk keeping ICE alive

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>EVs are basically limited to homeowners.
        LMAOOOOOOO you losers are so fricking poor.

Hey... bag of trash... did it occur to you that the reason you're poor is because you're stupid?

Sorry, dogshit, but bullying poorgays is too easy.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>prototype
    >demo
    I see other EV companies are adopting the Tesla business model of shilling vaporware.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

gas cars are for vaxxx cattle

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's very cool technology, but i'll wait for the video of a paying customer doing it at a commercial charging point to be impressed.

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Does it still weight 4000+ lbs?

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Soon ICE will be worse by every single measurable statistic
    It's Immortan Joever

24. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why is it that the people who shills for evs never sound like they're happy?

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> Charging a Toyota Hybrid while I'm still driving at 50MPG
    EVbros... not like this

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *