>it's quick, not fast. >backroads. >twisties. >it FEELS fast. >it's got pep!

>it's quick, not fast
>backroads
>twisties
>it FEELS fast
>it's got pep!
>it's a sporty car!

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

According to OP the only way you are allowed to have fun with cars is buying an extremely powerful one and driving on freeways with it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>buying an extremely powerful one and driving on freeways with it
      To be fair the second you do this everything else seems pretty pointless in comparison. Especially if you throw in a radar detector.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I live in the Midwest and have never been on a track

K

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yes.
          Problem?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

We just feel sorry for your lack of life experience.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you will never be a real car enthusiast

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Only to be gapped by someone on a 3k$ Shitbike who doesn't need radar to avoid cops.

According to you a sports car can be slower than a minivan or prius
        [...]
        Vsauce is the only acceptable sœyboy

The Inexorable progress of time means everything will be slower than something newer.

A Miura is slower than a Corolla but we don't call the Corolla a sportscar do we?

That's why "but its slow" Isn't a fricking argument. At the end of the day all that fricking matters is if the car is fun and isn't built to be frustrating to be fun like modern ipads with wheels.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

According to you a sports car can be slower than a minivan or prius

Looks like the søy bean from Vsauce

Vsauce is the only acceptable sœyboy

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>According to you a sports car can be slower than a minivan or prius

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this is only true of the late model c3s like '73 and after, I have one of the emission cucked ones and it is slow but I still love it

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Man, just put normal sized headers on your cucked one.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

For its time it wasn't slow
          Not trying to move the goalposts, but that's what I meant. Cars will always get faster over time, it's about how that car stood in relation to other cars when it released.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>It can go 155mph!
    >No I'm not going to go more than 10 over the speed limit!
    >It does the 1320 in 12.1 sec!
    >No, street racing is immature and illegal!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>12.1
      ITS NOT FAIR

• 3 weeks ago
      Greased Geese

I remember when I was looking up forum posts on drivetrain vibrations for my "mustang" that happened around 90-118mph and went silent above that people were posting that you just have no reason to go that fast and it was the gayest thing ive ever read and I still think about the absurdity of it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

was that on corral? I know the foxbody homies would recommend a new driveshaft

• 3 weeks ago
          Greased Geese

that's what ended up fixing it.
          the car is one of those 80-82 foxbody cougars/tbirds and they all mysteriously came with double cardan driveshafts for reasons I don't understand.
          I think the lincholn versailes also had them and probably the 4 door ltds might have had them.
          I figure it was to make it more comfortable at low speeds but apparently they're not good for triple digits.
          I actually had mine cut and balanced for the t5 swap and I don't know if it's the shops fault, mine or the double cardan.
          thing is the shop I sent it to I merely told them to cut and balance it and I didn't speciffy like
          "hey this is not going in some sketchy 4x4 that'll blow up next sunday" like the stuff they had out front in the fence, they mightve figured that as long as it doesnt shake at 20mph it's good to go,
          maybe I should've specified
          maybe that double cardan is a bad design.
          who the frick knows.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ah that makes a lot of sense. I've never seen a double cardan on a proper stang and now I know why.
            >maybe that double cardan is a bad design.
            I think its just a NVH design choice, clearly they thought better of it and dropped it for the later cars

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

the only big difference between the mustang and the cougars/tbirds/versailes I think is a 8" longer wheelbase as far as the underpinnings in the unibody.
            I don't think that 8" longer wheelbase really justifies such a weird change in the driveshaft it clearly doesn't need it.
            normally i would asume a double cardan is something for weird tailshaft output to diff input angles and just having a 8" longer wheelbase doesnt seem like it would make a god damn fricking difference

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>is the shop moronic or is the shaft bad
            build a sketchy jig that lets you balance your 'shaft yourself and find out.
            or just, like, get a front wheel drive car, lol

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/cNcDIh2.png

that's what ended up fixing it.
        the car is one of those 80-82 foxbody cougars/tbirds and they all mysteriously came with double cardan driveshafts for reasons I don't understand.
        I think the lincholn versailes also had them and probably the 4 door ltds might have had them.
        I figure it was to make it more comfortable at low speeds but apparently they're not good for triple digits.
        I actually had mine cut and balanced for the t5 swap and I don't know if it's the shops fault, mine or the double cardan.
        thing is the shop I sent it to I merely told them to cut and balance it and I didn't speciffy like
        "hey this is not going in some sketchy 4x4 that'll blow up next sunday" like the stuff they had out front in the fence, they mightve figured that as long as it doesnt shake at 20mph it's good to go,
        maybe I should've specified
        maybe that double cardan is a bad design.
        who the frick knows.

to be fair I wouldn't go over 120mph in a stock 1980s foxbody mustang

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

...you're missing out brah. Good adrenaline rush, especially if you like to shit your pants.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Above 120, the steering gets really light and the front end floats like hell. It's a puckerer.

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

I'm not a aerodynamic engineer or anything but the cougar seems alot more stable it's top speed of 129mph (gps indicated) than my capri does at 109.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/U0swbLh.jpeg

>it's quick, not fast
      >backroads
      >twisties
      >it FEELS fast
      >it's got pep!
      >it's a sporty car!

average Abarth™ connoisseurs

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

EV owners in a nut shell

>My wife is so hot and sexy
      >Do you frick her?
      >No, sex is disgusting and animalistic, there's no point, I let my friend Tyrone do that for me

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looks like the søy bean from Vsauce

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This thread hits feels it shouldn't
    Frick'yall. I'll do what i want.
    if i want to drive backroad twisties and stop at country bespoke flower nurseries and play with butterflies, there's nothing you can do to stop me. you fricking homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>plays with butterflies
      >drives slow cars
      >those nails
      You're a dirty homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No a gay would have obsessively groomed fingernails without a speck of dirt.
        He's a real man enjoying the glory of God's creation

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your mom is a prostitute

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not my problem

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ahahahahaha...
      it'll be "your problem" when it sits in the Hyundai repair shop waiting for a new long block. I have one on engine #3.
      BTW, the buttholes only give you a new block, they don't drop in a new rigged engine - which is insane given how much labor there must be removing and re-attaching everything to the block.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>repair shop waiting for a new long block. I have one on engine #3.
        post the vin

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ugly. slow. gay.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Average BRZ driver.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

post car homosexual

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

if you're too desensitized to have fun with a 145hp autotragic, that's really on you

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I blame modern tyres - they just keep getting better and better and now they're too damn sticky!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

SOVL

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Such a beautiful car. Wish we had them here in Europe.

No a gay would have obsessively groomed fingernails without a speck of dirt.
      He's a real man enjoying the glory of God's creation

https://i.imgur.com/jqtpxMp.jpeg

This thread hits feels it shouldn't
      Frick'yall. I'll do what i want.
      if i want to drive backroad twisties and stop at country bespoke flower nurseries and play with butterflies, there's nothing you can do to stop me. you fricking homosexual.

Based in the original sense.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Wish we had them here in Europe.
        Just buy one, turd gens are cheap, even here lol

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Launching and straight line speed gets old fast. I had a modified Golf R estate that would just about crack 4s to 60 and aside from the novelty of a Golf estate taking off like a stabbed rat it was really boring. A light car with enough power and lots of front end grip is much more enjoyable to drive.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>it's safer

11. 3 weeks ago
    Lillitts9

>not realizing were in the nfs:mw timeline
    Lmao you do you, gay

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>it laps 0.23s faster on Blackburg than X benchslop

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Turdburger laps take the piss. Rimac only managing 7:06 in a 2000 hp car is peak comedy

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>seriously comparing cars that you will never ever afford, own, or even drive

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Accelerating hard feels better than just driving fast.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It feels awesome because the car is shaking itself apart as you go over speedbumps and potholes at triple the speed limit. Paying 3 years salary to drive a sterile spaceship is not DA

cornering is acceleration. flinging a 130hp shitbox on sticky tires around a corner is high acceleration

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I look like this and I say this. Whipping the hell out of underpowered 'enthusiast' vehicles is just fun. It's the same appeal of the Honda Grom. You can't hoon out in an actual fast car or a superbike, if you're just going to get milk from the grocery store. But if you're driving a Miata or a BRZ or a Grom, it's just fun to drive anywhere.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>spunky little engine
    >can really rev it out

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Literally me driving my 2003 v6 accord!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

your transmission bro

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I did some switchbacks in my Prius and it was pretty frickin fun. You don't need a wasteful shartwagon to have a fun car.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you made this thread last week and got BTFO

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>it FEELS fast

Unpopular opinion: this is literally the only thing that matters on the street. If you're not participating in a competition involving race timing, there is zero reason to compare the numerical values of your car's 0-60 times, top speed, skidpad G, etc. There are a ton of cars out there that are fast on paper but have a shit torque curve or gearing where power isn't readily accessible. Or just otherwise don't feel fast. Meanwhile some goober in a stock WRX is having a blast just pulling out of the housing development road every day. If you bench race hard enough, you'll come out thinking a 2024 Camry is a better sports car than an S2000.

Yeah OP is once again being a gigantic homosexual.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

[...]
      Yeah OP is once again being a gigantic homosexual.

>
      >

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>it FEELS fast

Unpopular opinion: this is literally the only thing that matters on the street. If you're not participating in a competition involving race timing, there is zero reason to compare the numerical values of your car's 0-60 times, top speed, skidpad G, etc. There are a ton of cars out there that are fast on paper but have a shit torque curve or gearing where power isn't readily accessible. Or just otherwise don't feel fast. Meanwhile some goober in a stock WRX is having a blast just pulling out of the housing development road every day. If you bench race hard enough, you'll come out thinking a 2024 Camry is a better sports car than an S2000.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>this is literally the only thing that matters on the street.
      and on the track if you are just driving for fun and not competing in some kind of race or time trial which you shouldn't be doing with a street legal car anyway

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Black personthread
    Black personOP
    Black personreplies

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Having a large displacement engine shove you forward is more satisfying than dangerously carrying all the speed you can into an unsighted corner, which is the only way to have fun in a slow car.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>bit of kit

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People like OP drive a v6 challenger.

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You forgot
    >Handles like a GO KART

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

lotus owners BTFO

https://i.imgur.com/NufLuLs.jpeg

not my problem

have fun with your external combustion engine
      at least the veloster was before the era of spontaneous seat combustion

Accelerating hard feels better than just driving fast.

spoken like someone whose suspension loads up like shit

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>lotus owners BTFO
        Nearly all british cars really.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

not rovers, they don't handle, aren't quick, don't feel fast, and somehow people still love them enough to ignore the reputation for breaking down constantly

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cars are r*ddit

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only shitskins and stinky Jeets buy straight-line fast cars because they think "fast = good". True patricians buy under powered lightweight shitboxes that have a great connection to the road, has usable power and can enjoy the feeling of hard cornering a deathtrap tin can on tires more expensive that the car itself.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *