ITT Infuriating Auto-related Behaviors

>woman walks to her car
>gets in, turns it on
>spends 5-10 minutes checking her phone while the engine is running before putting it into gear and actually beginning to drive

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nogs blasting bass so hard their panels rattle.
    Also nogs that leave their car blasting music while they park at the gas station and walk inside. I always wish another nog would steal the car

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

BE THAT NOG

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

they do too, why do you think they do it. they can't make the payments anymore and want an insurance check.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>see rasta shitweed hair coming back to car blaring shite coon tunes
      >"what kinna music issat"
      >"souns to be gayget music" before he can answer
      >"homosexual musek?" he says back
      >"yea thas prison b***h music homosexual"
      >peel out

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I’m going that too but the music is very different

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have two 12" subs in my suv and I blast phonk and witch house everywhere I go. I actually spent the time to sound deadening all my panels though so nothing rattles.
      I will sit at stop lights with all my windows down in peak traffic hours blasting my system just to annoy the people around me. I hate people.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>witch house

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you sound like a fat kid with purple hair. i would throw a milkshake in your open window.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Nogs blasting bass so hard their panels rattle.
      thats fun as frick though

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

i do both of these.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

white trash do it as well

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How dare someone warm up their engine before traveling

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Warming in neutral is detrimental to recent vehicles. You have to gently drive low speed for 15 minutes

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Fiat car manual "start car, have fun" They do, however, have the monopoly on replacement parts.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>You have to gently drive low speed for 15 minutes
        But if I don't have any options to do that?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Oh I'm sure they can make an exception for you

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>>You have to gently drive low speed for 15 minutes
          That would cover my commute for a week.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Just drive gently under 2k rpm until your coolant is up to temp, and then just try to short shift - don't gun it on the highway, use the on ramp to get up to speed without dropping gears. On a cold day the 3 minutes from my house to the on ramp is more than enough to do that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But I don't want to. I'd like to take as much as possible from my drive, especially if it's short.
            >highway
            Never said anything about the highway. It's more than ten minutes from my house, it's usually the most boring part and I can easily keep the engine around 2k RPM there without being a hindrance to others.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>You have to gently drive low speed for 15 minutes
        Frick that, ill warm up my car for 15 minutes and then drive briskly. Id prefer to make a couple of shitpoasts here while I wait instead of driving slow.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>thinks that driving for 15 minutes and sitting on your ass for 15 minutes are equal

your gearbox and diff would like a word
          also the laws of thermodynamics

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>source: my ass

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, heat and defrosting is for losers.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

who cares. i will bump my nigbeats and idle until the cows come home.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He's not talking about defrosting. He's talking about women coming out from a grocery store, starting up their car and just sitting in it on their phone for 10 minutes before finally leaving when it's 50° fahrenheit outside

4. 2 months ago
    sage

warming up the car has nothing but benefits for the engine and transmission, and what else are you going to do for 5-10 minutes while you wait? lol.

Sounds like whoever this chick is based and you are seething over it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, heat and defrosting is for losers.

How dare someone warm up their engine before traveling

What frozen shithole a do you snow frickers live in where you need to physically wait to be able to use your vehicle? Do you spend 20 minutes a time putting on adequate cold protection before you can go outside?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

lol it as nothing to do with snow, if it's cold outside then you'll like need to defrost your windows lmao. No one said 20 minutes either so shut the frick up with that shit. also warming up your car is something you should do regardless of climate. frick off homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>there are parts of the earth that are.... le cold???

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Pre heaters and remote start are wonderful and not just the domain of electric cars.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'm guessing he's Californian with matching IQ

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>What frozen shithole a do you snow frickers live in where you need to physically wait to be able to use your vehicle?
        A place with below 60f mornings. Not all cars have block heaters.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What car do you own that needs a block heater at 59 degrees? A 1909 Model T?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I would continue to warm up my trucks before driving them even if it has no benifit simply for the reason that I like to make the air taste like diesel.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Car doesn't warm up idling for 5-10 minutes. Just need to wait for it to come off high idle and then go slow until you're up to engine temp. Idling a cold car is just running the engine cold longer than necessary.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Oil does and it warms up enough so that it can properly lubricate engine components. Coolant doesn't usually warm up in that timeframe but that's fine because that's the whole point of the thermostat anyways.

There is zero reason to not warm up your car when it's proven to reduce wear on engine components when the oil is up to temperature.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>it's proven to reduce wear on engine components when the oil is up to temperature.
          I will concede if I see this proof

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>provide me the proof!!!!!
            >I'm incapable of doing a 2 second google search!!!!!
            t. moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All results says the opposite
            Thanks for handing this one to me, have a good one

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

75% of an engine's wear occurs on cold starts. the oil is already protecting the engine right after it turns over.
          if you truly want a car that'll become a family heirloom for generations to come, install an accusump so you can prime the engine with oil before you even crank it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the oil is not thin enough to properly coat engine components. even a car with an accusump is just pushing cold oil, it doesn't evenly spread itself out and lubricate as well as it can.

in racing cars are usually equipped with oil heaters, which makes sense because you can pre-warm the engine oil and have it circulated before a startup to reduce wear.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All results says the opposite
            Thanks for handing this one to me, have a good one

75% of an engine's wear occurs on cold starts. the oil is already protecting the engine right after it turns over.
            if you truly want a car that'll become a family heirloom for generations to come, install an accusump so you can prime the engine with oil before you even crank it

>it's proven to reduce wear on engine components when the oil is up to temperature.
            I will concede if I see this proof

it's always funny how the wrenchlets out themselves

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

way to expose yourself as moronic
            thanks for playing

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the oil absolutely is thin enough to properly coat engine components. you know that fluids can't be compressed; the oil pump forces the oil to flow and seep into every crevice it can until it comes out of the component (e.g. bearing journals). Being cold oil however, it won't be as good as warm oil in maintaining that protective film, which is why manufacturers say to just drive gently until the engine reaches operating temps. Some people say to do so until the coolant temp gauge reaches the middle, but oil takes longer than coolant to warm up.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Do you have any fricking idea how much force 50PSI is? Hint: It's in the name "PSI"
            Oil is flowing as soon as the engine is turning from the starter, and is coating everything in seconds. Seconds, like 3-5.
            When they say "75% of wear occurs on startup" they mean WHEN THE ENGINE IS TURNING FROM THE STARTER AND THOSE FEW SECONDS AFTER IGNITION.

Just drive gently, dont take your RPMS above 2500 before the coolant gets half hot, dont take it above 3500 until the coolant is full hot, and you'll save gas and waste less time.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You probably shouldn't take it past 3500 but you also don't want to be cold lugging an engine either.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Ceading Romprehension.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You need to tell this to the auto manufacturers since they put in remote starters on every vehicle made to warm up vehicles in the winter. Apparently, you have more experience in this area, so you should immediately contact them. Jackass

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's good for preheating or cooling the cabin so it's more comfortable when you get in
          dunno if it really helps the engine these days, cylinder coatings are really good

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I am the OP, and you understand nothing. The important thing is not the other person's car. The important thing is my desire for the good parking spot, or alternately to ensure that my co-workers leave the property safely at night. Masculine men don't do the behavior indicated in my OP. They walk out to the car and if it's good to go, they go-with a minute-ish routine depending on the weather. I've been observing women and men on this specific thing in parking lots regularly for the past five years, with a view toward having my biases confirmed (evidence does so).

The actually more serious one is texting while driving (30-50% of the population does this visibly all the time on deathtrap freeways, men and women, all racial groups). Had two stupid womenfolk crash immediately behind me not three weeks ago and the one two cars back was most likely peeking at her phone. Normies are filthy scum who can't pay attention.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>The important thing is my desire for the good parking spot
        stop being fricking fat. I hate when people do this to me. Wanting me to jump in my car and go is like waking me up late and making me skip my morning routine. Let me settle in dickhead

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>be first car at red light
        >play with phone
        >I'll just go when the person next to me starts moving
        Give me your most scathing take on this, OP

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

When I see people doing this I honk if I'm behind or lurch a bit forward it I'm beside them. Got a few NPCs to run a red.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>The important thing is my desire for the good parking spot
        Not my problem. Love making homosexuals like you seethe by taking my sweet time. I've even shifted my car from reverse back into park and waited because some impatient frickhead is waiting to snipe the parking spot. Learn some humility, and some patience.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>nothing but benefits
      idling is bad for the engine, mong

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If it's so fricking bad for the engine, why do all cars have remote start to warm up the engine in winter?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>why do car companies add a feature to satisfy moronic consumers, chud?
          dumbass

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wow, you're smart. Are you an executive for Toyota? Tards out in full force tonight, lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you must think junk food is good because stores sell it
            >Tards out in full force tonight, lmao
            you're right, just not in the way you think lmao
            no more (You)s for you lil guy

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

for the same reason CVTs have programmed shift points

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

People like remote start exclusively because you can run the heater before you get in the car so you spend less time uncomfortable. Most people don't give a flying shit about the engine being at operating temperature because they know they can still step on the gas pedal and make car go the nanosecond they start it up.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This hasn't been true for god only knows how many years
      Modern ECUs are perfectly capable of ensuring good operating conditions even the engine is cold, you only need to wait maybe 10 seconds to maybe a minute tops for the car to come down to 1000 or lower RPM

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Shut the frick up nerd.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Blow a carb Black person, maybe one day you won't need 8 liters of displacement for 120 horsepower

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>2 lane road, solid lines (no passing)
    >everyone going exactly 55mph
    >passing lane coming up in 1 mile
    >suddenly everyone jams it to +75mph
    >no one is able to pass anyone
    >end of passing lane, immediately slam on brakes, back down to 55.

I want to physically harm these people, and I find it a cruel mockery of justice that I’d be the one punished.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I don't understand it either, but I have accepted that I have to just downshift and floor it as much as needed to make the pass, then relax after the merge and watch them disappear into ancient history as I ease back down to my preferred cruising speed of 69.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Merge from 100mph on your brakes.
        Works for me 99% of the time.
        Shouty horn almost never happens.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>2 lane road in the same direction, both cars in front of you seem to telepathically communicate that they're gonna drive at exactly the same speed so that you can't get around them.
      Idk if its a PNW thing or if this shit happens in other places but I shit you not drivers basically form a block so that you can't fricking pass. I hate it here.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It happens in California too. And if there are 8 lanes they will all go about the same speed so you either have to thread within inches of cars, or just get stuck going slow alot. Also everyone likes to pass and slow down.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Also everyone likes to pass and slow down.
        Holy frick this one kills me. I'm driving on fast left lane, someone catches up to me, I naturally switch lanes to let them through only to see them change lanes right after me.

Wtf are you doing bro? What was that aggressive tailgating for?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You’re driving to bend from eug/Springfield- aren’t you?
        (Because that’s precisely what I was describing)

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>woman
    Stopped reading there.

Women are the definition of infuriating. I don't need to read greentext stories as to why.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>When there are two left turn lanes, someone is in the left one, and while turning takes the middle/right lane
      Why do people do this? Is the explanation just them being stupid?

Have sex

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A friend always wore heels when not driving so a footwear change had to occur when getting in or out. Even when in a gas station she wold have to make this adjustment.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, she should do like most other women and put the car in gear immediately, before the oil is even circulating.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the oil reaches pressure within a few seconds of the engine turning over

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes. And its also still cold "within a few seconds of the engine turning over". You sound like a woman who read a WikiHow article.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

and you sound like a moron that's completely unaware that the cold oil is still thin enough to maintain a film as long as the engine isn't run hard

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

If you had an oil pressure gauge, you would see that the oil pressure hits the limit when you rev it up cold - unless the pump is shot or whatever. And yes I run 5W - XX synthetic. My suburban even had limp mode where it wouldn't let the engine rev up over idle when it was below 0°F. I had to put it in 4Lo to move it the one time that I wanted to move it immediately before warming up. But even if its 50F when you start in the morning, it takes a few minutes for oil to hit a good temperature for medium to RPM driving. And unless its below freezing, all of your driving should involve medium/high rpm driving.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

ok? the other anon was talking about oil circulating. it doesn't take minutes for oil to be forced through all the passages after a cold start, that's what I was getting at.
          But talking about oil temps, if you rely on the temp gauge on your dash that's not optimal, since coolant heats up faster than oil. nothing beats an oil temp gauge but if you don't have one the general consensus is 10-15 mins of gentle driving before hammering on it because driving it warms it up quicker than just idling.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I do a 2 step check after 30sec of running in the driveway. My neighbors love me. BABABABABAQBABABABABABABa

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Driving the speed limit
    go faster than that
    >Slowing down for soft corners
    Yes even your camry can handle that curve higher than 15mph
    >Using indicators
    No one cares where you're going next you frickin attention prostitute
    >Not following the given instructions at double drive-thrus
    The qt Chick-fil-A girl said you go behind me, not in front of me b***h

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>No one cares where you're going next you frickin attention prostitute
      What's it like being a moronic animal? What do you drive out of curiosity?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>in a moving car
        >surrounded by other moving cars
        You should be expecting every moving car to change directions. Signaling is for pure vanity.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I think you're ragebaiting, but on the off chance that you're not, you should have a nice day. I mean that 100%, 1000%, 100000%.
          Being too stupid to signal is low IQ behavior on its own, but making an active effort to avoid it is on another level. The only reason I think you aren't baiting is because you see angry truckholds with this sort of attitude on the roads daily. Do you also not wear a seatbelt?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

don't have a nice day. I'll do it.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Driving the speed limit
          go faster than that
          >Slowing down for soft corners
          Yes even your camry can handle that curve higher than 15mph
          >Using indicators
          No one cares where you're going next you frickin attention prostitute
          >Not following the given instructions at double drive-thrus
          The qt Chick-fil-A girl said you go behind me, not in front of me b***h

Most based poster on this board
          How can any man take himself seriously when he's flashing like a Christmas tree all up and down the street for everybody to see? Plus it's distracting when people are trying to focus on the road.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/u6gjdXY.jpg

>in a moving car
      >surrounded by other moving cars
      You should be expecting every moving car to change directions. Signaling is for pure vanity.

have a nice day, homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I think you're ragebaiting, but on the off chance that you're not, you should have a nice day. I mean that 100%, 1000%, 100000%.
        Being too stupid to signal is low IQ behavior on its own, but making an active effort to avoid it is on another level. The only reason I think you aren't baiting is because you see angry truckholds with this sort of attitude on the roads daily. Do you also not wear a seatbelt?

don't have a nice day. I'll do it.

>LOOK AT ME
        >I'M ABOUT TO TURN LEFT
        >LEFT
        >LEFT
        >LEFT
        >LEFT
        >LEFT
        Ma'am you are in the left-hand turn lane. I know you are about to go left you obnoxious ham.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Turn signals are for other drivers, not the people behind you. It's to keep order on the road as much as possible. Never know if someone's not paying attention, doesnt know the area, had a distraction moment.

Use your fricking turn signals it keeps the road safer and better organized. Yes, even in turn lanes.
          Stop being a Black person.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What about a 4-way intersection with no turn lanes? If a dude has his left signal on, the opposite dude can safely turn left as well if he needs to. Not signaling causes more guesswork and slows down traffic.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Not signaling causes more guesswork and slows down traffic.
            Not for me. Skill issue.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Why would that be a problem? It's just a good habit to have.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock TICK tock

spotted bmw drivers

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People that get out during a stop light to rummage around their trunk.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>braking for no reason, especially in a curve
    >swinging out for a turn in a normal vehicle, especially if the road is tight and I am next to them
    >thinking stopping short is 'safer' because they're giving themselves more space
    >not driving in the right lane as much as possible
    >leaving your headlights on parked, especially if you are parked the 'wrong direction' on a residential street
    It's as if they don't understand why they call them parking lights
    >ignoring lines
    Whether your driving straight through a turn lane, driving up a shoulder, changing lanes of a solid line or in an intersection;' you're not a totally radical smart dude finding a good line, you're a Black person who can't respect the most BASIC of road usage
    >being in the middle of the lane when there's no line
    There's like four intersections in town I'm going to paint guerrilla lines in the middle of the night. Long ass lights because it's assumed you can turn right on red, considering how wide the lanes are, and now I can't because you've decided to sit smack dab waiting for your left like a lump on a dogs dick
    >people who can't conceive of someone BACKING IN to a parking spot
    >lazy GPS brain rotted c**ts who only know one way to get somewhere and torture me waiting to turn left when they can just go around the block and make a right onto the road they want

And finally this is mostly drive ways to stores and fastfood, but people who can't see it's not a good idea to turn somewhere, even if it might be technically legal to do so.
    McDondals in down is in front of a straight and left lane going south, with only a straight lane going north, and while you *can* go north and turn left into there legally, you truly are taking your life and everyone around you into your own hands because of that left lane stagger. You simply cannot see, it is impossible. It is not worth it.
    I dunno why drivers have such low critical thinking skills.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

for no reason
      NPCs have incredible difficulty maintaining a constant speed between scrolling tiktok and are terrified of lateral Gs since they think it will break their car.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My exit off the bridge is a very gentle right turn I can take at 75mph. (Usually sit back to 60mph though.) I can feel the fear from the lane to my left, they either think I don't see the exit or I'm trying to pass on the road, but I've even had em slam on their brakes and get honked at. Like bro, you can see it's not a hairpin turn

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I find the limit of grip and corner at that speed. Oh boy some passengers can get (out and get a bus) surprised at how fast cars can corner.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

i had some guy in a ford ranger honk and try to yell at me when i pulled out of a gas station into my lane and he was in the lane beside me, despite me being nowhere near close enough to even think that i could hit him. just completely ignored him until he got the hint and sped off

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Idk man my inch of tread gets kinda sketchy when im hitting 1.1gs on the freeway

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>swinging out for a turn in a normal vehicle, especially if the road is tight and I am next to them
      few nights ago some dumb b***h in an odyssey went into my lane to make a turn and i laid on the horn because there's no fricken reason to do that unless you're driving a semitrailer. she honked back lmfao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Learn to honk in morse code.
        Sweary beeps are better.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

i might just install a train horn. reserved for the c**tiest of c**ts

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

My brother is a semi truck driver and when he borrowed my Elantra, he was doing that and also upshifting at 1800 rpm and I had to smack him and teach him how to drive a car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I stopped backing into a parking spot because homies try to steal my spot.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Your mistake was parking anywhere near where an NPC would want to park. It's just such a stress reliever, it's not I think I have something special, I'm just not fighting over a parking spot

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Wtf how long does it take you to back in, just swing across the parking lot lane to angle your ass into the spot and then reverse in
        Literally takes longer to pull in straight sometimes because it's hard to get the right angle to have it not be too close to other vehicles and I'm paranoid about door dings.

Install a block heater, they're cheap and worth it in the long run. Literally they pay for themselves in terms of how much gas you burn just warming up the car

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Doesn't work IRL where cars follow you 2 inches behind in parking lot.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

whenever people do this they always back up. sucks that wherever you live people aren't as pleasant

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>uncalibrated speedometer
    >driving 3 mph below the speed limit

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>pacing the right lane in the left lane
    >slowing down to a stop to turn right off the road
    >braking for corners while going uphill and obeying the limit
    >aggressive blocking and traffic cop larping
    >getting butthurt because above and I found a way around you then chasing me down the road at 40 over to try and overtake me again

just WNC Subaru things

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not signaling in a circle; drove through three today and waited for no reason three fricking times because of these c**ts

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Aim in front or behind a car on the circle, I adjust my speed that I slot into a space as I would a highway merge.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

lol fricking europoors

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is another thing. Not just at traffic circles, but basically anywhere, nobody fricking signals anymore. There's zero road civility anymore. Maybe its all the illegals and low iq browns on the road now.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i remember being in the car of my manager's manager at a previous job and we were going through a roundabout but he didn't indicate and we almost hit a bunch of islanders in their car. they understandably glared at us like we were moronic
        in hindsight i should've told him off, my manager in an overly polite tone said
        >here we have to use our blinkers! 🙂
        but he at least got the message

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>does 45 MPH the entire on-ramp
    >immediately merges left onto the freeway
    >finally accelerates
    Why do normies do this?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I can never figure this one out. All they're doing is wasting gas and creating dangerous situations for everybody else.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>brakes to a stop and waits to merge.
      This is why the Top Gear Snipers exist.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People who do this. You aren't driving a city bus, you have no reason to be turning your wheel to right at all when approach a left turn. I primarily drive a truck that turns like a boat, I never have to do this, if you're driving a fricking kia, you dont either

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Where do you encounter this insanity? I've only ever seen this from appropriately large trucks and busses

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

not that anon but

few nights ago some dumb b***h in an odyssey went into my lane to make a turn and i laid on the horn because there's no fricken reason to do that unless you're driving a semitrailer. she honked back lmfao

i also regularly see this at one particular junction on my way home from work. everyone in front of me slows right down to a ridiculously slow speed to make the turn, or they veer to the outside of the lane. one night i went past that intersection and i almost got sideswiped by a goddamn corolla doing that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

canadian prairies, its fricking bad man. no one knows how to drive properly. Granted I dont see this much, but it happens enough that Im always on the ready for it. Although usually people kind of just lazily drift over and take the corner wide, its not really a hard jerky turn (most of the time, sometimes it is) like I drew.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

For me it's always the ricers that swing super wide before making right turns. Every single ricer does this, I have never seen a Japanese car with a fart muffler that knew how to turn.
      You are driving a Honda Civic, you do not need to move your entire vehicle across the double yellows before making a right.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

fwd have shit turning radius

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

this

fwd have shit turning radius

coupled with stancegays rubbing on a full turn thanks to their shitty lowered cars. I also see truggs do this, but that's more of a perceived size thing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this

Where do you encounter this insanity? I've only ever seen this from appropriately large trucks and busses

For me it's always the ricers that swing super wide before making right turns. Every single ricer does this, I have never seen a Japanese car with a fart muffler that knew how to turn.
      You are driving a Honda Civic, you do not need to move your entire vehicle across the double yellows before making a right.

Not justifying the behavior, I know it annoys people and is some boyracer autismo shit,

I do this when I want to go a little faster to optimize the tire scrub and sidewall flexing. Even at a "normal speed" turn, it helps extend the life of the tires just that fractionally small percent.
      And since we're talking about normal driving turning, fun fact your standard tires really aren't meant to be turned at speeds greater than 15MPH. If you wonder why your sidewalls get cracks or your tread loss is more than the manufac rating it's probably because you're turning too fast, even when you think it's normal or slow.

so yeah...

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

> fun fact your standard tires really aren't meant to be turned at speeds greater than 15MPH
        homie what

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This, however there's a road exactly like this that needs more turning room to u-turn so I take the space for my truck to get in. I never cut people off to do it though.

Similarly, people who make left turns very shallow so they're almost driving into the stopped traffic on the left. I always turn as wide as reasonably possible

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

u turns are kind of different I guess, but I think its safer to turn as much as possible and then reverse slightly while in the intersection rather than cutting someone off in the lane beside you. If you're smart enough to check your mirrors first it doesn't bother me though

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is usually done by people used to driving old cars predating things like power steering when making a turn was an exercise for your arms. That's why you went for that kind of turn.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

For me it's when I'm waiting to make a left turn and someone in the adjacent lane makes a left and cuts it so tight they almost clip me

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Muchworse and way more common
    >woman starts car
    >put that shit into drive so fast the starter is basically still engaged and the engine lurches from from 2000rpm cold start to 700rpm a second after cranking up
    Also I don't care what anyone says I'm waiting the 30 seconds for the car to go from high idle to low idle

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For me it's pulling up at the gas station behind a car that's not pumping gas, waiting 3 minutes, and then a woman gets out and puts her phone away.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>someone signals to get in my lane
    >flash them with my brights signaling that they're good to go
    >they turn off their signal and slow down
    Bro I was... you can pass me it's OK. ITS OK BRO. Frick it I'm going 100 and never seeing you again. I'm not even in a rush I just can't deal with indecision.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Who taught you that flashing brights was a form of communication? AFAIK the only thing it ever means is
      >turn your brights off, idiot
      Are you making stuff up just to troll?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's literally how truck drivers communicate with eachother.

I'm sorry you don't live in a polite state. Enjoy your car accidents.

>tfw you flash a signaling trucker that he's good to move into your lane and he flicks his taillights on and off as a thank you signal
        Man I love common courtesy.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

are your critical thinking skills that abysmal that you can't figure out whether someone is flashing their brights at you to turn off your brights, or to let you in when you can also see them clearly hanging back to leave room for you?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

NTA, but
          I think twice so far in my short mid-life I've had truckers flash the lights when I was signaling a change, but I thought it was weird as I always wait until I can see they're a few car lengths behind and then "count to three" before signaling and merging back to the right lane.
          I get that you guys do this for each other to say "you're clear" but you really don't need to do it for regular cars.

Death to the people who merge as close to the front of a truck as possible though. One of the most stupid things especially as cars get more aerodynamic, which makes them more vulnerable to crosswinds and the massive air pressures coming from a semi.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i only flash my brights if they for whatever reason think it's still not clear to change lanes. i've done it to cars, trucks, doesn't matter, anyone that just isn't sure i flash my brights to tell them they can change lanes. i just don't understand how that other anon thinks "TURN OFF YOUR HIGH BEAMS" when the vehicle flashing its brights to let him in, would be behind him. unless his headlights were that shit and shining bright enough even for people behind to say something.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>you don't need to do it for regular cars
            I want to do it. It's called being efficient. I want you to hurry up and merge so you don't take up whatever lane you're in longer than you need to.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm driving on my own time and I always make concise, deliberate moves in a vehicle at highway speed. Rest of the impatient fricks can eat a dick.
            If I want to wait until there's more than two car lengths between us I'm going to, your OK flash isn't required. The highway isn't a racetrack and when I'm going to change lanes I'm staying aware of what's behind me.
            But also,

i only flash my brights if they for whatever reason think it's still not clear to change lanes. i've done it to cars, trucks, doesn't matter, anyone that just isn't sure i flash my brights to tell them they can change lanes. i just don't understand how that other anon thinks "TURN OFF YOUR HIGH BEAMS" when the vehicle flashing its brights to let him in, would be behind him. unless his headlights were that shit and shining bright enough even for people behind to say something.

>One guy signals to get over. Then he gets over. No conversation is necessary. No blinding lights are necessary
            of course. but if you actually drive, you will encounter other drivers that are more hesitant or unsure, sometimes they'll turn that blinker on and still won't move over even when you hang back to let them in. at which point, just tap the brights once or twice and the message is immediately clear. at least for those people.
            your moronic code of "he used his high beams, he was clearly gonna ASSAULT me" would definitely not hold up in court

I think the problem here is a difference in understanding.
            I know we're used to people who slap the turn signal and change lanes, sometimes changing lanes before even touching the signal, but some people see it as a communication:
            >I signal to change
            >I wait some minimum time for people to recognize (generally 2 seconds)
            >I change lanes
            >signal then goes off

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

no that's what I'm getting at - i've seen cars that wait 5+ seconds with their blinker on. so i tap my brights to let them know they can go in. Or they turn it off thinking that I want to go ahead beside them, so I just flash my brights to let them know they can still merge, and they do exactly that.

http://lmgtfy2.com/?q=Improper+use+of+high+beams
            Your Honor, I rest my case.

>Your Honor, he flashed his high beams twice improperly as per the road rules, therefore I believe I am fully justified in using lethal force to defend myself against foreign aggression.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So you know it's not a universal signal, because you have given testimony in this very thread of multiple times it has caused confusion to other drivers. And you know it's illegal, because proof of that is also posted in this very thread. And you know it's unnecessary, because every sane driver on the road gets by just fine without ever doing it or even hearing of it.
            So my question for you now is, will you continue this unnecessary, confusing, illegal, and dangerous practice? Why or why not?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Anon, let's just cut to the chase here. You don't like brights being flashed at you and are using this preference to justify you hilarious insanity which will be immortalized in a screencap and used in future DA humor threads.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't like it, nobody likes it, the law doesn't like it, and my buddy 'chester don't much care for it neither. I think when you sober up tomorrow you'll realize the insanity is all yours for thinking you've improved highway efficiency by debuffing another driver's night vision, when he wasn't even blocking anybody's way or slowing anybody down. Or maybe it just makes you feel like you're in le cool kids truckers club because your trainer let you in on this one cool unwritten law (that contradicts the written law), and laughs behind your back after you, the absolute madman, actually did it. You're getting hazed, rookie, and you still don't know it. If you still think I'm wrong, try it on a highway patrol cruiser sometime. See how much he appreciates your passion for "efficiency."

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

but the guys (and ironically enough, a police car) i did it to liked it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>because you have given testimony in this very thread of multiple times it has caused confusion to other drivers
            how shit is your reading comprehension? They'd SIT THERE with their blinkers on for a good 5 seconds or so, which is a very long time when you're going down any major road. When it became clear they weren't sure whether they were wanted to change lanes or not, I then flashed my high beams, THEN they immediately moved over.
            If you're thinking I flash my brights the moment they start indicating you are sorely mistaken

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>unnecessary, confusing, illegal, and dangerous practice
            and for the record, every time i did this, car, truck or whatever, the driver would either do the blinker dance of thanks, or i could see them stick their hand up/out as a thank you

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>blinker dance of thanks
            Oh great, another covert homosexual submission display to watch out for and guard against. I learn so much from this board.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

i learned that a simple activation of a switch can make someone sperg the frick out kek

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

One guy signals to get over. Then he gets over. No conversation is necessary. No blinding lights are necessary. Either there's room and he goes, or there's no room so he waits till there's room and he goes. I guess truckers come up with all sorts of dumb "culture" to stave off boredom for long hauls, but leave me out of it. For all I know, you could be propositioning me to share a gay hooker at the next exit. Nah, miss me with all that breaker breaker 1040 smokey big bear whatever. You blind my eyes, I'm talking it as an assault, possibly attempted manslaughter depending on conditions. And I will defend myself. And we'll see if your little gay hanky code holds up in court.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>One guy signals to get over. Then he gets over. No conversation is necessary. No blinding lights are necessary
            of course. but if you actually drive, you will encounter other drivers that are more hesitant or unsure, sometimes they'll turn that blinker on and still won't move over even when you hang back to let them in. at which point, just tap the brights once or twice and the message is immediately clear. at least for those people.
            your moronic code of "he used his high beams, he was clearly gonna ASSAULT me" would definitely not hold up in court

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

http://lmgtfy2.com/?q=Improper+use+of+high+beams
            Your Honor, I rest my case.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Imagine being told explicitly what a universal signal means and deciding to take it as a threat anyway

I'm looking forward to your liveleak video

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>universal
            Tell it to the judge.
            What are some other "universal rules" (gay mating strategies) I should be aware of so I can recognize them (you) out in the wild and give a wide berth?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>What are some other "universal rules" (gay mating strategies)
            Watch out for "handshakes", people often use them as a sign of mutual respect and that neither person has a weapon. But this could also be used to transition into a takedown or judo throw resulting in your death. The next time you see someone extend their right hand you should assume they are a homosexual and mag dump them.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Are people really not taught this? Can't tell you how many speeding tickets I've avoided by good samaritans warning about a speed trap or how many people I've warned as well.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

> Can't tell you how many speeding tickets I've avoided by good samaritans warning about a speed trap or how many people I've warned as well.
          Exactly. Do people not do this?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

in australia it seems to be a lost art the closer to a city you are. at that point it's usually 4wds, trucks, or anyone in an older car that'll warn you. further out more people will warn of speed traps doing that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They'll also do it when it's starting to get dark if you haven't turned your lights on to remind you to turn them on. I've had that happen a couple of times.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I remember once I was on a long drive and it was already completely dark and I did this to 2 different people with no lights on MULTIPLE times and they just carried on being moronic. I didn't want to pass them because they would be even less visible if they were behind me

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Who taught you that flashing brights was a form of communication? AFAIK the only thing it ever means is
      >turn your brights off, idiot
      Are you making stuff up just to troll?

Dipping your lights is acceptance/permission while high beams are warning/denial. Fricking zoomers, man.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>ITT Infuriating Auto-related Behaviors
    Lane shitters

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Imagine you're just cruising along on a beautiful day when suddenly some crotch rocketeer out of nowhere just suicides against your rear bumper

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Imagine trusting people so much that they wouldn't fricking kill you our of negligence at the drop of a hat.
      Lane splitters are the dumbest spergs alive. They always think they are right. They being crotch rocket riders.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You can just as easily get hit by a truck crossing the center line at an second, you are not safe no matter how many tons of Karen deluding steel you own.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Has entire frickin on ramp to accelerate
    >Merges at 45mph
    Can we PLEASE just have summary execution for these people

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

half the time i get on the highway it's behind a loaded truck
      im just glad all the drivers in canada have no lane discipline so they're all in the left/middle lane anyways

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

idk as a fricking leaf I always hop out of the left lane when I'm approaching any onramp that I know is short to make life easier for people trying to merge on

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Black person ape walks to car
    >spends 5-10 minutes smoking monkey weed with the engine running before actually beginning to drive

My fricking black neighbor does this shit and I like to leave my windows cracked to air my car out but now can't because when I get in it smells like fricking Black person weeds. Cops and the apartment complex don't do shit about it. Thinking about race transitioning so I can do whatever the frick I want.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Cops and the apartment complex don't do shit about it.
      As they shouldn't, tattle tale

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Never heard of heating the engine before?

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>doing 20mph on an on-ramp and not speeding up until you're on the highway
    YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GRADUALLY ACCELERATE TO HIGHWAY SPEED BEFORE ENTERING THE FRICKING HIGHWAY.
    also,
    >corolla drivers
    I hate every single fricking one of them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If im the first car, ill just floor it for 12 seconds and hit 60 - 80 Mph to find the optimal positioning well before the merge point

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>He speeds up just to slam on the brakes at the next red light

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

saw some homosexual in a 90's subaru with anime stickers doing this when there was barely any traffic, absolutely roasting his clutch every time he took off
      can only imagine they post here

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>going down major road
    >Car in front slams on the brakes to turn right without a blinker
    I hate these savages. We have turn signals for a reason

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

walks to her car
    >>gets in, turns it on
    5-10 minutes checking her phone while the engine is running before putting it into gear and actually beginning to drive
    i do the same

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>let her warm up for a minute
    >drive the speed limit
    >drive slowly in school zones
    >signal on turns and lane changes
    >stay in the right lane
    Slow your roll, hotrod.

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just generally hanging out
    >three lanes of traffic on bridge
    >slow travel lane, I'm up to bumper with car in front
    >center lane has someone right on my rear wheel with left lane free
    >signal
    >blink blink blink
    >no movement or flash, but I technically have the space and can see left lane empty
    >five flashes later, I get in gap and get left after a beat
    >fat c**ts throw their hands up like theyre mad
    Shit or get off the fricking pot. I had that flasher going, you knew what I was going to do, why are we acting surprised?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

once there was a large gap in front of a car in a lane i needed to get into, and i hung beside that gap for a good 5 secs, then when i figured he was just maintaining speed i turned on my blinker, waited two more secs but then noticed that only then he decided to start speeding up so i just moved in anyway lol. honked at me when i started changing lanes but frick him

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Dive an obvious older classic car
    >Can't go past 50mph
    >Stay on the right lane
    >Cars still do pic related

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

lol at morons still arguing about muh no-load idle, as if that is what is going to kill even 1% of modern cars
      if it does, it's cause they never ever changed the oil

according to the experts on DA, who have definitely driven a large variety of cars from across many decades, ALL street-legal cars including the original Model T have no trouble keeping up with highway traffic!

reality is you will get tailgated no matter what eventually
      i often get tailgated on an otherwise empty 2 lane highway access road in the right lane slowing down to make an extremely sharp turn onto a shitty busted up road with 2 active commercial driveways right there
      the vaccine victims behind me simply refuse to change lanes, period

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

True, but homosexuals get so angry when tailgating then cutting. I don't get it. Perfectly empty left lane too. Are people not able to measure distance and speeds when driving a lot? Can they not see I'm driving slower??

32. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>man walks to his car
    >gets in his car, turns it on, begins to drive, and then checks his phone during the car ride
    everyone too zoomer to not be able to focus on the task at hand without being drawn to their phone should be taken out of the game

33. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Sitting in the right lane with an open passing lane and cruising at the same speed as the car in front of you but like 10ft off their bumper. Nobody does it to me, because I’m faster than the lifted rig Black person trucks around here, but goddamn, son. Don’t be moronic.

Also people who either leave multiple car lengths open in front of them at a red light or the people who have no impulse control and keep scooting forward a few inches and then stopping again. homie, you’re not getting the light faster, and if you’re trying to be first (???) in some imaginary life race, I’m going tobe leaving your fat Tuscon or whatever in the dust anyway, so what did you gain? Take some ADHD meds.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>keep scooting forward a few inches and then stopping again.
      I hate when I'm behind one of these, usually a SUV or a big nig truck that blocks my view of the light, and she tricks me into moving as well. Usually now, if u remember, I will go to the left edge of the lane so I can see if its everyone moving or just the one spazz.

34. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Modified bright white led lights glaring at you from the rear/side mirrors. No, Ramirez, those don't look good on your econobox.

35. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is me, I'm connecting android auto and plugging/unplugging the cable because it's shit. Also putting on a song. It's not 5-10 min it's like 2 minutes max

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Buy a new pack of cables from China, they're like $10 for 6 usb-c

36. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>days off with family members don't line up
    >while i'm sleeping my sister will move my car from behind hers
    >it's an older car, late 90's
    >starts it and waits like one second before putting it into reverse
    for fricks sake it starts in a high idle

37. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i had some german tourist b***h try to pester me about idling my car once because she was talking on her phone next to my car.
    >vat iz ze deal here?
    >huh?
    >ze idoling. i'm juzt trying to figure ivf zere iz problem or vut?
    >it's warming up
    >iz ze day not alvready warm?
    >go away

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *