ITT: Post your affordable dream cars. I just want to experience the V8 life.

ITT: Post your affordable dream cars

I just want to experience the V8 life.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

CRIME Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I just want to experience the V8 life.
    Same.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

dream higher than that

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I love the old styling. I am sure newer are faster and better in many ways but i am sucker for the looks.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>fake vents
      >gay vertically stacked exhaust
      Nah im good, not trying to look like a clown

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Beautiful car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

those things start having major issues before 100k miles

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Elaborate?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

no.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I do like the new Lexus cars and even Acura makes neat looking cars too, but I have to give it to op, the LS400 is absolutely beautiful.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

the ls400 has too much sovl. quit being a sucker for new cars.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>an s-class rip off
        >omg, so much sovl!!!111 (but only 30 years later)

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Why would anyone with more than two braincells step foot into an overpriced europoor car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why would anyone with more than two braincells bother with a soulless copy? Bugmen can't make anything original.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

god I want a manual chebby ss

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Me too. Every time I shop for them it's like >Chevy SSes for sale near me:
      800, starting at $14k.
      >Filter for manual
      3 starting at $42k for one with 115k miles and no options
      And then morons here try to tell me I only like manuals because I'm coping with being poor.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Like I said above, you could just import a transmission from Australia. You can get them for about $1200USD but shipping would probably be double or triple.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

They're all fully loaded "base" models. The only options were sunroof/not, full size spare/not, automatic or manual, and color. They're comparable to a 2SS Camaro equipment wise, like magneride, brembos, blind spot monitoring, etc. That's the thing all the people hating on their price new forgot, they were extremely well equipped. If GM actually cared they would have offered a 1SS of sorts with less equipment for less money, but they only needed to fulfill a bare minimum export agreement with the Australian government to get free money, so this is what we got and we're lucky they're as good as they are. We could have just not gotten any Holden products at all.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah it’s dumb and juvenile and the intellectual part of my brain understands that it’d be a downgrade in every way in terms of being an actually practical long-term daily from my present car, but there’s something about the looks and engine note of a huge V8 that just speaks to me.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Better than living with regrets and "what if".

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I had an RT for a month long rental last year in Texas and I liked it a lot. It makes great noises, isn’t as tryhard as the Camaro and is a better cruiser than the mustang.
      Actually useful back seat and comfy ride and probably the best classic muscle car looks of the bunch. Only thing I didn’t like was the smallish fuel tank and gas mileage when hooning it. Also the best color palette of any major car manufacturer at the time. Get it and enjoy.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The Marauder aint cheap anymore, so make mine a Mark VIII.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

God I want to find one of these before they all disappear/are cannibalized for their Intech 4.6s.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

My daily is an MGM, so the console shifter would take some getting used to. But I would definitely trade bench seats for a sunroof. Not to mention, the Intech's got a little more go-go than the Modular.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Excellent taste.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I own a 2nd gen Ls but I would love to have a 1990-94.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

K swap prelude

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The LS-series from Lexus is excellent, every generation they just get better and better.

Don't forget the AWD conversion and turbo anon.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They weren't sold in my country, so I'll have to import one. I'm also a RHD cuck which makes it even more difficult.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>RHD cuck
      Damn, you're going to have to do a conversion on one then and just thinking about that isn't easy. You'd be better off finding a RHD panther body that IS NOT a Crown vic.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I've never seen a RHD Panther, and I don't think Australia ever imported them. The 4th gen Grand Marquis is worth moving to North America for.

I can get away with LHD in Australia if something is 25 years old, but I think the Crown Vics like that pic are only about 15 at this point.

I'm also looking at some weird shit like late 80s Crown Vics and the late 80s Ford Taurus. Also Town Cars too of course.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

nothing stopping you from going older, crown vics have the same body style from 1998 to 2011 and the older 80s ones are boxy, but the same platform underneath

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My concern is also about fixes over the years. While a late 90s Crown Vic will look the same as the 2011, there were more early issues and having those fixed over here would be extremely difficult (like the steering column corrosion on 2005-2008 models). As much as we do have Ford over here, I doubt they'd be interested in supporting a vehicle from outside our market.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

in that case, to be frank i can't recommend any year of whale body crown vic since ford has stopped producing replacement intakes and all that's left are dorman dogshits

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>ford has stopped producing replacement intakes and all that's left are dorman dogshits
            The frick did they do that for? Even our Fords from 20 or 30 years ago still have brand new [arts available.

We sort of have a Crown Vic equivalent here from the late 2000s called the Fairlane, but it's just not the same. Though it does share a lot of stuff with Town Cars from the US, like the steering wheel and interior designs.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Fairlane
            i love that the aussies kept this nameplate alive. i wish it stayed alive in america, too.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's a shame you didn't import then, but then I guess they would've competed with the Crown Vic or Town Cars.

Strangely the US did import our Holden Caprice and sell it as the Chevy Caprice. And the Commodore was the Chevy SS for whatever reason. For that anon above that wants a manual Chevy SS, maybe he could just import a used transmission from here since they're abundant.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

THE FRICKEN BA GHIA c**tT

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

the only option now is to swap intakes to the edelbrock and make a few small adaptations, find a Typhoon intake, or engine swap to something without such a glaring achilles heel.
            >tfw I bought the very last intake mani on Tascaparts because it was paired as a PI swap kit and didn't have the actual intake part number

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I've never seen a RHD Panther, and I don't think Australia ever imported them. The 4th gen Grand Marquis is worth moving to North America for.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I used to want one of these with the R34 swapped front end and power train. Now I want the Toyota version that has the 2JZ in it. You can six speed swap them pretty easily for fairly cheap, and they're bullet proof engines.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I slowly used to want the R34 swapped front with an N1 swapped block, like you mentioned, but with how molested these things get from Nippon and western owners, I would kill for a completely bone stock one. No silly gauges that aren't OEM, no turbo timers that people get from AutoBACs and UpGarage (even though they are cool, shoutouts APEXi), but a nearly mint one owned by a nice Japanese lady or salaryman who managed to one of these off of the Prince showroom floor. (Also, drove one in Japan and they are plush like a pillow)

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Look up that Toyota I was talking about, can't recall the name off the top of my head. Thinking about selling my 911 when they're legal to import as I need a back seat, and it's basically a Supra station wagon.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Are you thinking of the Crown Majesta?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Crown Majesta
            Whoops, I meant the Athlete - Majesta is the VIP sedan variant, I believe?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah, either that or the Blit, can't recall which one it was. Was a few years ago when I was researching them and knew I had a kid on the way.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Blit
            That one's a first for me, looks neato as hell. I was also thinking of the Caldina and Carina as well as Toyota wagons. Also, belated congrats on the kid.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Thanks anon. It's life changing. Highly recommend it if you can afford it. They're not cheap lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Eh, I'll maybe wait a bit more on pulling the trigger on having kids haha. I still got 24 and 25 to worry about, hopefully will own a Stagea by then, but who knows. Definitely will take your recommendation to heart.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

checked

>Crown Majesta
            Whoops, I meant the Athlete - Majesta is the VIP sedan variant, I believe?

yeah sounds like the crown athlete, jzs171. not that anon but i've never really been a fan of their looks. i like the hearse that was the s130 though. happens to be body on frame too which is pretty cool. wouldn't mind sticking a 1uz in them
            mark ii blit just looks awful though. great drivetrain but awful design

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>mark ii blit just looks awful though.
            let me find the modified thing I was looking at and what it actually was, just a minute.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Mark_II_Blit
            Looks good with a drop, wheels, and lip kit. I'd bag it, do a CD009 swap and sequential shifter mod.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

These were never sold in my country (US), but I have always loved the clean and blocky hatch styling, huge taillights, optional 3-door, and turbo I5 engine.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

my homie. one of the most slept on eargasmic cars ever

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That's the spice

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

is that a turbo sound?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

my homie. one of the most slept on eargasmic cars ever

I see, it's a turbo, pretty crazy

11. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

I want buggy that does wheelies on the interstate

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

imagine living in the us

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>overheats and becomes FWD

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

New Edge Mustang GT manual

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A boomer at my wife's church will sell me his 99 boxster when he downsizes because his gay sons don't like cars.
    It's only got 60k miles on it, so if he actually gives me a deal I'll probably go for it.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Is it too late to get one?
    Most of them are over 20 y.o.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

A lot of them are pretty fricking rough now since they've been cheap for a while

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I haven't seen a single one reasonably priced in good condition. Even the bad condition ones around here want a lot of money.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Anyone on here have experience with owning w211s, specifically e500/e55? I heard the engine/troony are great, but I expect that older Mercedes have other problems, such as difficulty with diy, expensive parts and wiring issues.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Just gonna delude myself into thinking it's affordable.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

it isnt particularly fast and it drives like shit but the V8 noise is just right and thats all that matters

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Had a 91 Firebird but sold it soon after pulling a muscle pretty hard. Made getting out of it a bit of a challenge.

Felt heavy and substantial but the V8 moved it no problem and the dash was pure kino. It had character up the ying yang.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>It had character
        thats why im keeping it. otherwise its an aggresively mediocre car at best.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>wedge
    >Grand tourer
    > Driver centered
    > Flippy lights
    > Perfect for across-the-Europe type of trips
    > All comfy that you need and more.

I don't even care it's a BMW

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>> affordable dream cars

will never be affordable because of car "journalists" and youtube homosexuals artificially increasing the price.

Zoomers will be like 'derp FOMO!!!I THIS INFLUNCER SAID ITS COOL! I WANT!'

30-40 somethings be like 'I want because I have money now that I didn't have it back in 1995'

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *