Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/nAOhzFL.jpg

This, it's none of your fricking business where I am going

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Volvk6r.jpg

Who came up with this stalk design? Whenever I signal with one of these, I turn the lights on and off.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>deletes ur temp gauge

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>deletes temp gauge
      >uses coolant cap that vents at 2bar to ensure your plastic cooling system violently explodes

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>uses coolant cap that vents at 2bar to ensure your plastic cooling system violently explodes
        only BMW

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They hold 2 bar easy when all the plastic is fresh, only problem the gauge doesn't move until your car has already overheated so by the time you notice it's blown the head gasket. Wouldn't mind but they beep and light up light a xmas tree for unimportant stuff.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Newer bmws have caps that vent at 1bar now and are luckily backwards compatible with virtually every model.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>puts temp gage in your tach making it more useful

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

isn't this pretty much every car that has a tach that was made in the last 20 or so odd years

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

where does that tach tell you what RPM your car can safely rev to according to its current coolant temperature?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

do you really need a tach to know that?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

do you really need me to tell you how much of a dumbass you are?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

when you said 'puts temp gauge in the tach' i thought you just meant a temp gauge alone. Didn't even know that little yellow outline was what i'm assuming is the safe rev limit. although to be honest it looks like a solution looking for a problem, just drive it gently until 5-10 mins after the temp gauge is in the middle.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cold rev limits arent about the coolant temp its the oil. I 100% guarantee you when the coolant gets to 170F the oil is nowhere near that and this effect is much worse the colder it is.
            Grab an obd2 bluetooth reader, a sensor app and set it up to watch your oil temp, pressure, coolant temp. Know what your engine's oil bypass pressure is. Watch the difference in pressure at "warm" coolant but not warm oil, and warmed oil (above 140F).

Now if its warm summer, temps are already like 85+ F when the car starts, its probably fine to run the engine out after 2-3 miles. Probably.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

the oil temp gauge is still there just to the right of the tach.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

my fiesta doesn't have a temp gauge, it annoys the shit out of me

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

No you moron, bmw's have a dynamic redline that changes with engine temp as the engine warms up. The redline is lower when the engines cold and higher when the engines hot.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

...i gathered that from the other reply. sorry you were too slow

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Dang she butthurt af

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

thought temp sensor measure coolant temp not oil temp.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Certain BMWs do oil temp, which is more useful. I think everything after ~2000 does oil temp instead of water.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>gage

?si=qODaN1Kyrk2Nitj5

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>doing something wrong just because everyone else does it
          bet you're quadruple boosted too. do you pronounce it like 'gauze' or like 'mage'?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>hacks it back
      heh... nothing personnell... kid

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

And then when you go to check the oil you realize they've taken your dipstick. And hacking that back is a bigger pain.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

new zogcages just have a fricking hot and cold light

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

As if that gauge has been of any other use for the past two decades. I have a 20 year old car and it just slowly rises to the middle and stays there indefinitely. This is literally no different than the cold light going off.

5. 2 months ago
    I AM

ACTUALLY VERY USEFULL. WHEN GAUGE GETS TO THE MIDDLE I CAN REV THE PISS OUT OF THE ENGINE WITHOUT DAMAGING IT.

6. 2 months ago
    TooZ

picrel.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That gauge is straight up broken in my shitbox kek.
    Sometimes it starts working for a bit and the needle instantly zooms from 0 to 90 only to fall back down to 0 in a couple seconds, so everything is fine even though the sensor is fricked.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine needing a tachometer just listen to your engine zoomer dumbasses

Turn off tiktok on the Bluetooth and pay attention

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this but unironically

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Imagine needing a tachometer just listen to your engine zoomer dumbasses

Turn off tiktok on the Bluetooth and pay attention

these posts brought to you by single-speedo motorcycle gang

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Hell yeah

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

parking sensors

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

not like I don't use them
    but brakes, whe nI am just driving around I downshift and let the engine slow me down 80-90% of the way
    thats why I hate driving a diesel, it forces you to use brakes

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Car has oil and coolant temp gauges
    >if a coolant hose gets busted i can notice the car beginning to overheat
    I lost $7k because this didn't happen. There was just the coolant temp gauge, and when the sun came up, a big trail of coolant on the road.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I use every feature my shitbox is equipped with

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

My old 03 audi A6 had voltmeter and im angry that modern cars don't have those. Real useful in cold to know if i should use jump pack or can i just crank it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

cheap aliexpress cigarette lighter usb charger works great. shows both voltage and amps

• 2 months ago
        Q

Any ones that dont make interference with the radio?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

this is the one i got back in 2019, still using it
          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005776546469.html
          i've no idea if it interferes with the radio, what does it sound like? Never had any problems with mine. It might come with one of those plastic protective films on the face so if you wonder why the front scratches up so easily that's probably why. i remember when i bought some of the reviews docked stars for it because they didn't know lol

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>get in car, insert key in ignition switch
      >try to start. if it doesn't, jump it. if it does, you're fine

You really need a gauge for that?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

insert key and see its at 10.9V so i don't even try and don't drain the battery even further.

So yes i would like a gauge or at least a read out in the digital panel like i have oil temp.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Coolant temperature gauge in car.
    Yes I do use that gauge to see when I can safely drive my car fast, so I dont accidentally rev up cold engine causing damage for the engine. Engine coolant temperature or oil temperature gauge is important in my area with freezing cold outdoor temperatures.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what an idiotic op mine helped diagnose my radiator had a blockage full of dirt and another car had slipping trans

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Any multimedia.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

1. The built-in navigation
    Google maps annihilates it.

2. The slow ass built-in USB charging port on my car that gets mogged by a 10 dollar gas station 12v USB charger

3. The seat height adjustment
    I'm tall so I keep my seat slammed.

4. The pedestrian alert/horn
    I thought it was a neat idea but I never use it. Maybe I would use it if I lived in a dense urban environment.

5. The child locks
    #childfree

6. The CD player
    Lol

7. A bunch of dumb XM features like gas prices and weather that are 100x better served with a 7 second Google search

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

let me guess, you "need" more

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Less actually

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Volkswagen
      I'd rather walk

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yes more analog gauges please

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

prob used it like once out of curiosity, I live in country where straight roads are rare so there's no need for it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Who forbids you from using the cruise control on curved roads?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Even though I work in tech I don't give a shit about screen in cars, as long as it has Bluetooth I'm happy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You can buy cassette tapes whose sole purpose is to act as a bluetooth receiver for your ancient radio, so there is no excuse anymore for not buying an old 80/90s car these days, they're objectively superior in every way. Only moron normalgays who cling to ipads in cars everywhere, insanely bright blinding xenon lights and 5000 unnecessary safety features can't cope with it.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Whatever became of Duraliner? Are they still in business?
      My bedliner on my 93 Hardbody is still spotless.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This shit. I still don't know what it's used for

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Pixar films, toggle CEL, and call for sosig delivery

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *