I've been driving for 10 years and I've never parallel parked once

I've been driving for 10 years and I've never parallel parked once

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Don't be ashamed. I drove a pickup truck for 3 years and never had sex with another man.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Now that I don't believe

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Plot twist, that's a she

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Women don't drive pickup trucks.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Women don't drive pickup trucks.
            Are you kidding? It's practically the new minivan. The majority of minivan buyers are men now.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That changed when you sucked a bbc in your miata

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Mutt posting hours

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm Israeli

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Doubt.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Bullshit

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm surprised you've been able to avoid it. I parallel park a 70's muscle car and have never had any issues. That being said my passenger mirror is kinda broken and points down in a way that makes it really easy to see my wheel against the curb.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Same
    Honestly I don't know how and I've never had a reason to do it. Never lived in an area busy enough that only has street parking

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've only been forced to parallel park a go kart. I'm going on close to twenty years of driving. It isn't that I don't know how, it's that I actively seek out ways to not do it. I don't want to stop in the street and reverse.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

First time I parallel parked was a drivers test for a delivery gig. Somehow managed to pass it in a fricking ProMaster. I watched all the tutorials on YT the week before it kek.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

*ahem*

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I try to avoid doing it, Street parking is fine but I'm not gonna try and squeeze in somewhere. Have probably only needed to do so 3-4 times since I started driving. Besides if I'm doing a lot of stuff in a city center I'm more likely to take my motorcycle.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Squeezing is different from just parking, honestly.
      I always figure if I fought in, it's gonna be twice as hard getting out, so why bother? I'd rather park a mile a way than put myself through it.

wtf is this thread. how do you drive without learning to parallel park

Until I moved to the city I had zero need to, and they let you take your drivers license test in Toms River on a empty airport with no other cars around, lol

the suburbs sound like hell

They are but nogs in cars and the parking wars are a big factor why I wanna go back.
      Every fricking time I park to the 'NO PARKING' sign, and some dickhead will be there a centimeter from my bumper, despite not being allowed to park there and having a bus and a half's illegal space to park if he wants to. I'm fricking done with it.
      Every morning I cross my fingers and hope someone isn't kinda blocking me in

I've been driving for 30 years.
      I used to parallel park a lot more often than I do today. I wonder why that is.

Backup cameras make such a huge difference.

I think they're useless

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Goin on 14 years. Only did it like 3 times. First during the drivers test, second going to some restaurant my ex liked. Okay that's actually the only 2 times I remember.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>mirrors lined up with their bumper
    >steering locked right hand down
    >reverse until you are in line with the left side of the car
    >straighten steering
    >reverse until your right back tire is near the curb
    >lock steering left hand down
    >reverse until you're straight
    tada

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ngmi
    I've gotten pretty good at gauging parking gaps by lining up my car to the spot. the tightest spot I got in had around 3 inches of play on both sides, with my crown vic too.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've been driving for one year and I've parallel parked 10 times

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

wtf is this thread. how do you drive without learning to parallel park

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's actually a really good question and I'm surprised that it took this long for someone to remember this

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I was never told to parallel park by the driving tester. Mine had me take three turns and stop next to the DMV. I only know how due to my dad teaching me and just being aware of them and looking up the correct method myself.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>never taught it
      >didn't need for license
      >don't live in a city
      >always park far from other cars by default
      I've been driving for over five years and I've only parallel'd three times at most

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the suburbs sound like hell

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've been posting on DA for 10 years and I've never driven a car once.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've been driving for 30 years.
    I used to parallel park a lot more often than I do today. I wonder why that is.

Backup cameras make such a huge difference.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>mfw bought an american aircraft carrier sized barge recently
    >mfw parallel parking

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>buy American aircraft carrier sized barge recently
      >it parks itself, both parallel and perpendicular
      I don’t fit in here

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You're weak.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i can park it just fine but its a chore in yuropistan since all the parking spaces are sized for tiny shitmobiles so it takes longer.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Driving an American landbarge in Yurop is incredibly based, but whining about parking it isn't. I bought a GMT800 truck as my first own car, and the experience of driving it in a big and crowded Eastern European city was so magic and wonderful I now absolutely don't care how large is the vehicle I'm driving and how hard is to park it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

im not even whining. just pointing out yuropistani parking spaces are annoying to fit into with an american barge.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Was responding in the context of the initial post with the gif.
            Yuropoops sometimes design or mark parking spaces way too small even for the tiniest of their own cars. I don't get it myself.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

its a relic of normal sized cars before every manufacturer went full moron and bloated the frick out of everything.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

PP is easy now with backup cameras.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As a Europoor this seems wild to me, I have been exclusively parallel parking. Many times there is like a 3cm gap in the front and the back of the car. Also, finding a normal parking spot here can easily take 40-50 minutes. I have seen a lot of people praying inside their cars like "lord father, please give me a parking spot, amen" while they go round and round the block for even more than an hour. Nowadays I just park illegally or at places that need a lot of imagination to realize that a car can be parked there and call it a day

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>they go round and round the block for even more than an hour
      While they can go a couple of blocks further, park there, walk back and spend like five minutes on all that. Never understood those people either.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I turned a 35 foot long concrete mixer 180 degrees in a standard parking lot drive with cars parked on one side of the lot while pouring today.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *