"just build another lane bro" anti-car propaganda

Is it just me or does the "just build another lane, bro" meme actually work? I travel a lot for work, and always get either a rental vehicle to drive around in, and I've been to a lot of North America's largest cities.

I'll use Canada as an example because I'm Canadian:

Toronto:
>401, 403, 404, etc all the interchange roads have like 12 lanes, it gets congested sometimes, but traffic at least still moves
>Side streets are all mostly clear and very rarely gridlocked unless you're downtown after a Blue Jays game or something

Vancouver:
>Everything in the city is 1-2 lanes
>Takes 2-3 hours to get anywhere
>Entire city gridlocked, you just sit there for literally hours barely moving

These cities have similar populations, and I think the reason that it's so much better in Toronto is specifically because they just keep adding more lanes. Also, I'm not from either of these cities, don't particularly like either that much (both shitholes for different reasons), so I feel I'm fairly neutral here.

Adding more lanes actually works. Sure "studies show" that adding more lanes just means more people use the street, but that's the whole fricking point. It's not like people just aren't going to go to work because traffic is bad. It alleviates pressure from all the surrounding side streets and allows traffic to at least keep flowing

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

There's a ton of studies showing it doesn't work. It's just a moronicly simplistic understanding of traffic to think you just need another lane.
    Once npcs start using self-driving cars, traffic will improve tremendously regardless of the number of lanes.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It literally works.
      Adding more lanes allowes more cars to drive.
      It's really that simple.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It's literally the bell curve meme. You only see 110 IQ midwits complaining about more lanes

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

adding more lanes can make it worse. on interstates in particular. what does help are:
        >the use of a multi-exit collector road to seperate traffic headed towards high-demand exits from through traffic.
        >preventing traffic weaving by designing on-ramps and off-ramps to not conflict with eachother. traffic weaving causes lots of backing up.
        >building on-ramps long enough for heavy trucks to gain adequate speed for merging
        >building off-ramps long enough that vehicles can fully enter the exit lane before slowing down to the ramp speed. if they must brake in the travel lane, traffic will slow behind them, causing a chain reaction.
        >maintaining a consistent number of lanes, drivers will avoid driving in lanes that know or feel might end if the designers have a tendency to create and delete lanes often on a roadway.
        >clear and concise signage before and inside of major junctions that lets drivers know which lane they need to be to go somewhere as early as reasonably possible.
        There is a case where adding more lanes CAN help though
        >heavily used rural interstates, especially those in hilly terrain that see a ton of semi-truck traffic.
        A 3-lane road with a truck ban on the leftmost lane will be a lot more free-flowing than a 2-lane.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Just add a 2nd lane to the exits so they don't have to weave as much

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

you'd need to add lanes everywhere not just the highway, then it does work

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

this.
        >have big table to feed people
        >some people can't fit at the table and therefore can't eat
        >add more seats which are immediately filled
        >what the frick this made the problem worse now there are more hungry people

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

But my own two eyes and actual lived experiences show me that it does work. I don't really care what "experts" say. Drive around Toronto and then drive around Vancouver and tell me with a straight face that it doesn't work. And these studies never seem to factor in the reduced strain on non-main road residential areas. Opening bottlenecks makes a huge difference

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>But my own two eyes and actual lived experiences show me that it does work

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

what would happen if you reduced a highway to 1 lane? there would be more traffic.
      what would happen if you increased a highway to 1000 lanes? there would be less traffic.
      frick off to >>>/n/ with your commie horseshit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Once NPCs start using self-driving cars,
      you will too once you see how high your insurance goes without it

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you dont have problems with traffic.
    you have problems with women, Black folk, boomers and illegal invaders being apart of the traffic.
    imagine only white men being allowed to drive.
    now that's a utopian solution.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Build another lane works 100% of the time in societies that keep right except to pass. Rather than teaching Americans how to drive, they'd rather take your cars and force you to live within your apartment block.
    Here's a thought experiment. You have 100 Americans in a room, and you need to expect X amount to do a morally correct thing, but it involves a mere ounce of mental effort. How many will refuse? Your answer is how many lanes are needed + 1 to keep traffic flowing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Build another lane works 100% of the time in societies that keep right except to pass

It really does not. The more lanes you add, the worse "keep right except to pass" will work, because it means that you have one lane for travelling and n lanes for passing.
      This goes against the idea of building a motorway with many lanes whose major purpose it is to pump through as much traffic as possible; so "stick to your lane" works much better there.

The very few 4-lane (per direction) motorways that exist in Germany are a shitshow because there is always an idiot staying in the 3rd lane, so in order to pass him, street law tells me to move over the entire road and back again.

Ultimately, the simplest reason why many-lane motorways fail (even before considering the greater impact on the road network) is because individual traffic is bad at coordinating lane use. That's why you see tricks like frontage roads (good solution) or HOV lanes (gay solution).

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>frontage roads
        Shut the frick up, bootlicker communist.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The point isn't that building another lane does not reduce congestion at all, but that its effectiveness is extremely limited minus drivers cooperation, and that the effectiveness of additional lanes has a severely diminishing returns. A 100% increase in lanes does not result in 100% decrease in congestion. Maybe going from a 2 lane to 4 lanes you'll see some noticeable improvement but adding one lane to a 12 lane highway does nothing practically speaking.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you can never get traffic on just one road, because people will divert to parallel roads to save time
    so the reality is you're not adding one lane to a two lane road for a 50% increase in flow, you're adding 1 lane to one of several 2-5 lane roads that go the same direction so it's only lets say a 5% improvement that might not even keep up with the growth of the town if it take 5 years to build
    The problem is pretty simple, we have an unskilled labor deficit because of school loan programs that put people in college that do not belong there.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Seems to have worked fine in Toronto, I was just on the 401, and an accident had 2 eastbound lanes closed which slowed it to a crawl for like 2km. Immediately after getting out of that bottleneck, the added 2 lanes allowed me to drive 80-100km/hr again instead of 20

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

you don't seem to have understood my post

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If a significant amount of commuters are choosing to use side streets instead of the freeway then that means you need *way* more lanes, not just one.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

which will take a gorillion years to build because we don't have enough ditch diggers instead we have a bunch of trannies working at starbucks and the gap
        it's because of student aid. end student aid, then people will stop getting useless degrees and ending up as useless white collar functionaries, homeless drug addicts and/or retail employees
        stop voting for people that increase student aid

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No that means people prefer side streets, hence what you really need is more side streets.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>have a bucket of water
    >bucket is overflowing
    >buy a bigger bucket
    >put water in new bucket
    >new bucket will magically be full too thanks to "induced demand"
    this is what /n/iggers actually believe

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

2nd dumbest analogy ITT

this.
      >have big table to feed people
      >some people can't fit at the table and therefore can't eat
      >add more seats which are immediately filled
      >what the frick this made the problem worse now there are more hungry people

Dumbest analogy ITT

Traffic is not people's goal, people do not want to be in traffic, they want to be at their workplace, increasing the road capacity to reach the workplace doesn't work as long as cities themselves can't absorb that capacity. It's like having a water pipe, where water flows from left to right, making it 5x thicker on the left, and leaving the right side where water actually is supposed to reach thin as shit.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

"just build another railway bro"
    no matter how much it costs it's worth it.
    people accuse your project of "unviability", "mismanagement", "money-drain", "grandiose vision", "complete unprofitably"?
    just equip "reality distorting shield".
    project costs literally $10k per centimeter?
    >"public transport doesn't need to profitable"
    >"we spend yearly $x billions on thing, why we can't spend another $y billions on thing that will be "useful"
    >use phrase "induced demand" ad nauseam
    >completely ignore cost of future maintenance
    >shill it as "most co2 efficient option", use load factors only in peak hours, ignore other hours
    >ignore cost per rider
    >"average person in city X earns 120k, and is paying 35k in taxes. so nothing will happen if we just take 5k for 3 years per person to fund our public transit"
    >ignore "embodied energy/co2" in construction
    >ignore city/region debt
    >"PUBLIC TRANSPORT IS A SERVICE"
    >"businesses will return to the high street", ignore raise in taxes in such area, completely forget about amazon and such. they never do besides hipster cafes, burger places and barbers
    >"muh trolleys destroyed by da ebil car industry"
    >"but in china/japan/europe etc."
    >completely ignore problems with zoning
    >straight up accuse critics of being BIG CAR & BIG OIL shills

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I'm ok with more railways too. One thing Canada has is shitloads of space, we have the room.
      >Should we build more roads, rails, shipping ports or airports?
      All of the above
      >Should we develop nat gas, crude, hydroelectric, solar or nuclear?
      All of the above
      Etc

We should be maximizing all our available resources and modes of transportation. If demand exists, it shouldn't be either/or, it should be all of the above

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I always wonder how projects can possibly be so expensive. Like how the frick did the victorian's build transcontinental railways with shovels because some random rich guy was like: this would be cool. Now we have all the tools and technology to do it in a fraction of the time but it takes decades and can bankrupt entire nations to get done

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Bureaucracy, administration overhead, inspectors and consulting fees, not to mention the massive fees/permits/taxes/etc the government demands to do anything. It shouldn't cost as much as it does, but you have 10 fake email jobs for every actual construction worker which just inflates costs exponentially. It's gotten beyond ridiculous and makes it impossible to do anything in a timely manner

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

It's like this with basically every job. My company's labor rate is 225 an hour but I only get paid 20 an hour. I don't see anyone else fixing shit where the frick is the other 205 an hour going

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'm a superintendent in commercial construction, so I see it from both sides (I'm basically the liaison between guys on the tools and the guys in the offices). I wish I could say it's getting better, but it's not

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Your boss' BMW ain't gonna pay itself mate.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I'd laugh if he didn't drive a new F250 platinum

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Am a construction project manager for a large ICI trade, can confirm. Any project that involves government money has like 80% of the construction management and administrative staff who are completely superfluous to the task at hand. They just bog down the trades who are trying to do the job. Quality control + safety are huge issues as well - women, minorities and jeets without a clue or a shred of common sense. Oh and every single woman that I have encountered was a net drag on the project, having to be handheld through every single task teaching her how to do her job - you also have to spend time trying not to hurt her feelings when she invariably fricks up another simple task. The amount of time I waste with women, safety c**ts and administrative c**ts means that I have less time to focus on the actual planning of the project. All these extra externalities and deadweight are factored into the cost when pricing.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ya, it's insane. It's become an unspoken agreement in my trade between the bigger players that for certain gov contracts, you tack on an extra 30-40% more than you would for a private customer (it's like a handshake deal because you "aren't allowed" to collude on job bids, but we also don't want to undercut each other into bankruptcy) just to cover the extra bullshit that always comes with them. When questioned by consultants why a similar sized job for a school is almost 50% more than a manufacturing plant and you say
            >You're the reason
            You just get a blank stare back. Some are even so deluded/misinformed that they actually think them being there makes the job run more efficiently somehow, or that their presence is actually even needed.

The fact that most consultants ask me questions like "what would you do here?" (I know my shit, they don't) is hilarious. Like, that's the entire reason your firm is being paid, yes, I know exactly what should happen here, and what is going to happen here, but I'm still going to wait for you to submit something dumb in writing so I can shit on you for it after. I don't get paid enough to do manage the project and do consulting work on top of that.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's actually insane how many fake busywork jobs there are. A lot of them know their job is bullshit but yeah some actually think that somehow they are helping by giving their input to the professional trade with combined centuries of experience between us who are actually trying to make a profit and cannot afford any major screw-ups. Quality control is completely fricking superfluous, if you cannot do QC internally then you go out of business, simple as. I guess at the end of the day, in a roundabout way this is just welfare for people who would otherwise be unemployed but it's really frustrating. I'm not even joking when I say we price government jobs at 4 or 5 times the cost of private jobs, ESPECIALLY transportation infrastructure which for some reason has the most egregious amount of these do-nothing, busy work, safety and quality control c**ts. And let me reiterate that women are THE WORST in construction, for whatever reason they are simply incapable of any independent thought or thinking outside the box required solving problems that may arise day-to-day. If you have a significant amount of women in executive positions your job will guaranteed take double the time it would take otherwise, the only good ones are those that know when to shut up and listen to a man and help facilitate things.

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

not my problem

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you're expanding on a two lane road then it helps because you're doubling the capacity, but the returns diminish.

Bottom line is that the US is full of migrant wageslaves, and if they can make $1 by driving across the entire state to mow a lawn or pick up scrap metal they will, so they will clog any and all lanes that are built.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Take speed restrictions off of electric bicycles.
    Don't require licensing, plates, insurance, or registration.
    Problems solved.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Worst post in this thread

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Black person

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>I would LOVE Black folk in bikes, scooters and other garbage bumping and scratching my car with no repercussion
          have a nice day

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That happens already.
            Mostly with shopping cars and other cars. I literally get a door ding every time I leave the house. Even if I park way out. I just started keeping a claybar in my vehicle.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why would they be near your car? Far more likely that Jamal and Rita are gonna hit your with their car and have no insurance. Or door ding you. Or clog up the road (as is the point of the thread)
            Think before you speak you brain dead trash can.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I'd rather be in traffic than a train

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Same
      idk how anyone can see that webm and think the problem is infrastructure

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I don't think you understand what infrastructure means

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Don't argue with that election tourist. He makes any thread about "muh millions of imported migrants".

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Implying immigration isn't responsible for the infrastructure being beyond capacity

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Are you trying to say with a straight face that millions of migrants being dumped into our countries has no effect on our infrastructure

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

IT littrally does not effect us pasteface whitefash
            in actual literality is helps us but your to racist to ever understand

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

they're not migrants
            they're invaders
            and why do they always "migrant" to white countries?
            odd innit?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Don't argue with that election tourist. He makes any thread about "muh millions of imported migrants".

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>.webm
      Thank goodness I'm not a Europoor

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I never understood why these don't have separate entry and exit doors somehow. Maybe they could use turnstiles. oh, and don't let africans into your country which should also help

https://i.imgur.com/etSt538.jpg

This kind of thread has one redeeming feature: laughing at the sheer disparity of intelligence between different anons.

>thinks in systems
      >try to make calculations to get a gross estimate of the subject
      [...]
      >resorts to blaming individuals
      >rants about the good and the bad commuters

do you think moronic drivers aren't a problem? If everyone drove like I did, traffic would be vastly improved. Driver education needs to be a lot stricter and tougher. We keep building things to accomodate stupid people and end up making our society dumber as a result.

Just a few simple things would help a lot. And these are things that ought to be ticketable offenses, anyway.
      >looking down at a phone while driving or at lights
      >sitting in passing lanes
      >not using indicators
      >not following right of way rules to merge
      >not zipper merging properly
      >not keeping the proper following distance

these are all very simple things that can be fixed with little to no effort but it won't be fixed until people get tickets for this sort of thing AND the traffic schools get more serious about it. But it seems like everyone has just given up on human capibility and is waiting anxiously for the day they can finally relinquish all control to machines.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The hero we need.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No traffic engineer says that more lanes don't do anything, just that with the urban growth of 20th century the amount needed is absurd.

A single lane can move about 1200 cars an hour. For a city growing, say, 100k people a year with five major arterial roads and 50% of population needing to move from downtown to suburbs during 2h traffic, you'd need to add a lane to every major road per two years. In 30 years, thats 15 lanes. In 100, 50.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They can't build them that fast. So maybe redesign cities or relax travel restrictions.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This kind of thread has one redeeming feature: laughing at the sheer disparity of intelligence between different anons.

>thinks in systems
      >try to make calculations to get a gross estimate of the subject

>IT'S DAH CONGESTION!!!
      only in the absolute worst most diverse overurbanized democrat shitholes, so who cares?

the real problem is incompetent drivers who don't do things like
      >maintain speed
      >signal properly
      >merge properly
      >drive in the correct lane
      >anticipate stopping distances properly
      >maintain proper following distance
      >brake when and as justified only
      >generally drive CORRECTLY
      their moronic driving is what ruins traffic flow and nothing short of getting them permanently removed from public roads by any means necessary will ever solve the problem

1 lane of imbeciles, 3 lanes, 10 lanes, it makes no difference
      you will always have the same result - no one able to drive at 65, let alone 75, because there are packs of lane campers in every lane, every lane's traffic is moving at virtually the same speed even though the VOLUME of cars is way less than the capacity of the roadway

>resorts to blaming individuals
      >rants about the good and the bad commuters

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>IT'S DAH CONGESTION!!!
    only in the absolute worst most diverse overurbanized democrat shitholes, so who cares?

the real problem is incompetent drivers who don't do things like
    >maintain speed
    >signal properly
    >merge properly
    >drive in the correct lane
    >anticipate stopping distances properly
    >maintain proper following distance
    >brake when and as justified only
    >generally drive CORRECTLY
    their moronic driving is what ruins traffic flow and nothing short of getting them permanently removed from public roads by any means necessary will ever solve the problem

1 lane of imbeciles, 3 lanes, 10 lanes, it makes no difference
    you will always have the same result - no one able to drive at 65, let alone 75, because there are packs of lane campers in every lane, every lane's traffic is moving at virtually the same speed even though the VOLUME of cars is way less than the capacity of the roadway

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Room temp IQ

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Remote work, flexible working hours are a better solution. The biggest problem is that every day too many people have to leave home for work and then later return to their homes later after work with the same schedules. There should be more differences on people jobs, also in their schedules for times when they have to leave home and later return to their homes. Society should respect the difference in people: one person is more suitable for morning and daytime jobs, the other person is more suitable for night time jobs. Then stop trying to force everybody to adapt into morning, daytime jobs.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Of course if fricking works lmao
    Unless of course there's a bottleneck at the end of the road and the traffic just back up regardless, in which case that's just poor planning to not address the bottleneck first.

The reason morons say it doesn't work is because by the time the extra lane is finished there will be another 50 million mexicans in the country clogging up the extra lane.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Toronto
    >it gets congested sometimes, but traffic at least still moves
    The only highway the moves in the GTA is the 407 and that's only because a vast majority of poors can't afford to drive on it

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The problem is too many incompetent drivers. Most humans belong on public transportation

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Watch out, you'll draw out the morons who think being a real car enthusiast means sitting in traffic with morons who don't want to drive. Totally no shills for the oil industry btw

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

The problem is that those morons collectively drive down the cost of fuel, car insurance, car ownership, and it's hard to be a car enthusiast when they're relegated to the same tier as horses. Hell, most sports cars are bought as daily drivers who use them for commuting by the same morons you share traffic with. Normies are the reason being a car enthusiast is possible without you being a millionaire. Look at third world shitholes for reference and how expensive a sports car is outside of US/UK/EU

Look how difficult and expensive it is to be a car enthusiast in Japan or France vs USA to see what I mean. God help you if you have to work in the city, you might as well not even bother. You'll end up like those carspotting teenagers in London freaking out over some oil sheiks supercar while being unable to take anything more than the bus. Pathetic.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

You say this but the poor morons on this board still can't fathom buying a new BRZ, Miata, or WRX

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah because the economy is in the gutter and car enthusiasts especially online are a bunch of israelites. It's normies who are more impulsive and willing to drop the coin on cars for people on this board to buy 7-10 years later.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

never understood why freeways don't have protected lanes in cities for through-traffic only. I feel like that would solve a lot of congestion issues when cars aren't constantly fighting over lanes and trying to jump from the fast lane to the exit

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's called express and collector lanes, and they don't help

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That not “anti-car”
    It’s just a proven fact that adding lanes makes traffic worse.
    If you want to make traffic better the only way is getting people out of cars and using other modes of transportation.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>my roof is leaking
    >put a bucket under it
    >have to dump it out myself when it fills every hour
    >get a bigger bucket
    >still have to dump it out myself when it fills every day
    >i will never solve this issue so i should get rid of the building

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah but what if it rained harder because you get a bigger bucket?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'll just have to ban more rain

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Suburban sprawl is financially unsustainable

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this but mostly because as much as I like driving,
      I FRICKING HATE CAR DEPENDENCY.
      so many fricking commuting normies don't even WANT OR LIKE DRIVING, so get them off the fricking road thru trains or bike lanes I don't care. roads won't fricking vanish for the rest of car enthusiasts. less traffic for those of us who actually want to drive.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>commuting normies don't even WANT OR LIKE DRIVING, so get them off the fricking road
        This. Roads are made for night-time speeding, not for the wagies to sit in their trucks.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Rural areas are depressing, not many people or opportunities
      >Urban areas are depressing, people everywhere, high cost of living, and no feeling of individuality
      Suburban areas are the best of both worlds. You can be around people but have more freedom to do your thing.

Unfortunately most are HOAs, poorly planned, or too dense because the local municipality wants to extract as much tax as possible.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Are you dumb ? Suburban areas are garbage, all the anonimity, lack of services and long drive to go anywhere with none of the nature of the countryside. Literal homosexual pigpens.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>build a ton of new infrastructure to support the inefficient sprawl, paid for by grants (taxpayer)
          >tax generated is piss poor
          >cannot financially support maintenance for itself
          >city tax money has to cover the difference
          >makes everything worse for everyone so moderately successful people can distance themselves from the Black while mooching on tax money that could be better spent elsewhere
          >create a car-dependent environment where people have to drive from their suburban houses to work city jobs
          >contribute to road congestion
          >live under petty dictatorship home owners associations that extort money from you
          Modern white people crack me up. Just go live in the country if you hate Blacks so much and won't change your city for the better.

Not everyone wants to live like sardines in a can you bugmen.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Then live in the actual country side you wienermonger.

The problem is that those morons collectively drive down the cost of fuel, car insurance, car ownership, and it's hard to be a car enthusiast when they're relegated to the same tier as horses. Hell, most sports cars are bought as daily drivers who use them for commuting by the same morons you share traffic with. Normies are the reason being a car enthusiast is possible without you being a millionaire. Look at third world shitholes for reference and how expensive a sports car is outside of US/UK/EU

Look how difficult and expensive it is to be a car enthusiast in Japan or France vs USA to see what I mean. God help you if you have to work in the city, you might as well not even bother. You'll end up like those carspotting teenagers in London freaking out over some oil sheiks supercar while being unable to take anything more than the bus. Pathetic.

>Look how difficult and expensive it is to be a car enthusiast in Japan or France vs USA to see what I mean.
            I wouldn't have it any other way.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

How about I live where I damn please, and you frick off and go stamp me some more computer chips for your $2.50/month pay before coming home to your cuck cage?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nah, shut the frick up and seethe while spending your day stuck in traffic you subhuman goycattle.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>build a ton of new infrastructure to support the inefficient sprawl, paid for by grants (taxpayer)
        >tax generated is piss poor
        >cannot financially support maintenance for itself
        >city tax money has to cover the difference
        >makes everything worse for everyone so moderately successful people can distance themselves from the Black while mooching on tax money that could be better spent elsewhere
        >create a car-dependent environment where people have to drive from their suburban houses to work city jobs
        >contribute to road congestion
        >live under petty dictatorship home owners associations that extort money from you
        Modern white people crack me up. Just go live in the country if you hate Blacks so much and won't change your city for the better.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

nah, yes, more lanes work, but its not the solution, induced demand is a thing, and it works for other modes of transportation too. if I had a train right next to my house I'd use it.
    I want more alternatives, not for me, but because I know for a fact most people don't even want to drive and thats why most drivers suck at it.

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Very true. I am from Vancouver myself, lived in Toronto for a year. Vancouver traffic is terrible within the city where there are no highways, and whenever I visit highway cities like Toronto or LA people complain about a half hour drive like it’s long. In Vancouver 30 minutes gets you halfway across van proper, maybe 15km in traffic. “One more lane bro” cities don’t have this problem and driving is easy. Best example is Calgary, huge highways with ZERO traffic. Highway cities are so ugly and soulless though, that’s why hipsters always push for public transport over cars. Honestly I agree with them even though I love cars

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Of course it works. The only reason it might not seem to work is that the city won't decide to build one more lane until it's desperately needed, and then traffic will be worse for a year while they build it, and then 2 million Mexicans have come over since construction started so another lane is already needed.
    If "one more lane" didn't improve traffic, "one less lane" wouldn't make traffic worse. But traffic obviously and objectively gets worse when lanes close for construction.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Apartments and Mexicans have flooded my upper middle class town and now traffic is a fricking nightmare, it takes 10 minutes to go 2 miles and within 30 seconds of getting on the road some psycho will cut me off in a nissan ultima, giant suv or truck if I ever leave an even slightly comfortable space between me and the car in front of me

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>apartments
        Those dogshit American comblocs are popping up here and brining in all of the undesirables.
        Then they complain about the traffic and inflated cost of living.
        The traffic and cost of living was fricking great until these homosexuals showed up.
        If you can't afford it then fricking leave, nobody here wanted or needed these people to move all the way across the country to be mouthbreather NPCs in my hometown.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's a lot better when you have like an older town that had roads all around it before highways became a thing, then you can take side streets and alternate roads to get to your destination. The problem with adding one more lane, is that, obviously, you can't drive through the car in front of you, so just one asshat going really slow can frick up the entire lane....sometimes it spills over into the other lanes. So one moron can frick it all up for everyone

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Leftist love coming up with strawmen and then proceed to get mogged by their own straw-man arguments.

For example “trickle-down economics” was a strawman created for Regan’s economic policy, but his administration and basically no republicans have ever used the term “trickle down”.
    However trickle down is real and its effects are huge.
    Best example is today is China who, through “trickle down” like exposure to cheap capital, went from an agrarian rump state to the behemoth it is today.
    Now the only thing “trickling down” from china these days is enough fentanyl to kill the state of New York 20 times over and a flood of chink EV cars.

So yes the “one more lane” strawman is also a case where they are wrong and more lanes does expand the bandwidth for traffic flow.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

More lanes doesn't work because they all lead to 1-3 lane off ramps that are typically 1-3 lane roads

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They turned my interstate into three lanes each way with a toll lane and now all these fricking homosexuals cruise in the middle lane and block it for passing.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>insisting that the only alternative to this is banning cars and forcing everyone to live in pods with no ability to leave their government-approved zones
    Your post is overall reasonable but nobody is saying this.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Our elites are, as are the stupider/more self-hating leftists at present and a couple Black folk baiting ITT. I find it hard to believe that anyone on this board let alone posting ITT isn't aware of this

30. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

if you need more than 4 lanes then you've got too many gay motherfrickers living near you

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

In toronto the 401 gets crushed into 2 fricking lanes (and 1 exit lane). No the express doesnt count.

32. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>use tax money to build another lane
    >make it a toll only lane
    this shit should be illegal, it's basically theft and extortion

33. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This is complete bs. I live in Toronto and the streets are absolutely fricking gridlocked during rush hour. I usually work a bit later or earlier, but if I finish at 4-5 pm and have to travel from the West side of Toronto to the East, it's fricking horrible. Gridlock on the highway, gridlock on the streets.

34. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the real solution is to get people off the roads. if you have a white collar office job you don't need to commute to the job site to work. we saw this play out during covid. the government should penalize companies that force office workers to commute to the wage cage.

35. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

building another lane doesnt matter where the bottle necks happen
    even if every road in the country doubled you still have bad drivers and not enough motorcycles during the nice weather

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *