>just buy a used car for 8k

That would get you a literal steaming pile of shit that would break down within a year
Car market is just as broken as housing

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

When people talk about "8k" they generally mean 8000 USD or € or £, not rupees you know

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

8k freedombux wont get you much these days, especially if you live somewhere relevant.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous
        • 2 months ago
          Anonymous

what are you tryna prove, that im right?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

what are you tryna prove, that im right?

>takes you from point A to point B
          What more do you want?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What's wrong with buying something like this?
        It's like 1/4th the price of a new car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>average new car purchase in murica is now over $42k
          The world I was born into is gone forever, isn't it?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

is it the car market or is your dollar just becoming worthless because it’s not backed by anything and it’s printed into oblivion?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This and the constant stream of brown immigrants also needing to buy shit with your welfare tax payments

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>he fell for the used car meme lmao
    Buy a new made in japan toyota if u value ur money

Gonna be rare asset in the future with their dying population. Now they are being made in the usa, turkey and france but they are nowhere near as good as the ones put up in japan

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Skill issue.
    I just bought a very good condition Honda Civic for $3200. Full maintenence records and recently serviced, and new tires on it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I got my Accord for $1700. Granted, it needed clutch hydraulics work and was ugly, but it got me places without a question

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Skill issue.
      I wish every redditor who every used this moronic phrase were executed

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

buying a used car is more about judging and gauging the type of person the previous owner is. every one of these guys tries to seem like an honest person, but it’s up to you to determine how much bullshit his vehicle may or may not be hiding. i wouldn’t bother with a PPI either because mechanics are scum that won’t bother doing proper diagnostics on a car. they prioritize leaking shocks over doing any pressure tests on the engine itself.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy a $3k civic

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

god gives his most superficial rust to his most powerful civics

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my cousin sold a 140k mile 1st or 2nd gen prius for 5k
    Clean, white owner, etc.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Whats the meme of only looking for Hondas and Toyotas? Plenty of 10 year old domestic economy cars go cheap - Tauruses, Cruzes, Impalas, Jettas.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah the idea is to buy something reliable not something that was made by Ford or GM
      Jetta with a diesel from like 2003 is a good shout if you get one from Texas without rust, that 1.9 TDI will run past the end of the heat death of the universe

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Tauruses, Cruzes, Impalas
      Because all of these are disposable trashcans at this point
      >Jettas
      Might be worth it in some instances however they cost roughly as much as some of the jap boxes.

https://i.imgur.com/0J65eUI.jpg

That would get you a literal steaming pile of shit that would break down within a year
      Car market is just as broken as housing

Yeah as somebody who's just entering the "real world" now it's quite the conundrum.
      You need a car to get to work, but you need a lot of money to get a car that isn't absolutely terrible and working at a min wages starter job even without paying any rent you'd need to save up most of your paycheck for at least 6-12 months first just to get something in somewhat decent condition that isn't loaded to the brim with heavy mileage.
      I can't imagine how fricked young people without parents to drive them around and who have to pay rent must be rn.
      I live in a coastal province of Canada too so that complicates things further with how prevalent rust issues are on a lot of teh older used cars around here because most people in general don't undercoat and protect that shit as much as they should and it doesn't take long in this climate.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Assuming Atlantic provinces, since BC gets frick all for rust. Our weather fricks cars here hard, reason why everything on the roads so fricking new. Your main choices are either;
        A: cheapo civic, accord, camry, etc. You can get a clapped out one for $5k leafbucks. It will break down yes, but the parts are cheap and they're easy to work on.
        B: fully commit to being a wagie and sign your soul away to buy a new or recent year used car at a stealership

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I'm going with option A probably, also because of insurance costs too but will probably try and save up closer to something like 10k if possible because every time I peruse local listings on kijiji and shit like that it's glaringly obvious that that's just about the minimum now unless you have a fair bit of mechanical knowhow which I currently do not because again this would be my first car and boomer dad never taught me much.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Biggest thing to look out for then is rocker rust and engine/trans health. Those are the most costly fixes. But yeah car prices world round are super fricked. I bought a Honda Fit brand new in 2015 for $22k + tax. I sold it on Kijiji for 22k in 2023. Stupid.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

American cars age like... I can't even think of a comparison for how shit they are. They're already falling apart when they get to the dealership

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you check the carfax and it's

>one owner
    >ALWAYS serviced at the same dealership it was bought from
    >Stuck religiously to the maintenance schedule
    >being sold by the same dealership it was bought from and serviced at
    That's a fricking unicorn, right? A no-brainer purchase?

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>rents are so high that I started actually considering buying a van to camp out of full time
    >anything under $20k has serious rust
    >anything under $35k has 250,000+ miles on it
    Love how 30+ years of stagnant wages have made living in a fricking van out of the reach of poorgays

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah vans are ridiculous now. A pickup with a camper might be cheaper, or a minivan as people still don't seem interested in those as much. I camped out in a honda element for a while and it was perfect outside the city at a camp site, but only somewhat tolerable on the streets.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Mostly want something stealthy, sorta thing I can park in a Wal-Mart overnight if I have to without anyone whining. I used to be a trucker and am used to anything heavy commercial or RV looking gets karens calling the cops.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A bunch of 20-something leftist homosexuals with too much money started buying up all the good vans years ago. They do a really shitty job converting them to motorhomes (or pay someone way too much to convert them into motorhomes) and then drive them around the country and make shitty #Vanlife blogs.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Kek bought a 400hp barra turbo rocket ship for 7k git gud

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Kek bought a 400hp barra turbo rocket ship for 7k git gud
      Max speed limit in cuckstralia 70kmh-ACK!!!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Max speed limit in cuckstralia 70kmh-ACK!!!
        Private public road officer

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

cope

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The frick you need $8,000 for?

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/king-of-prussia-murcury-grand-marquis/7731114932.html

15. 2 months ago
    Poor Investor

homosexuals

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

r>I bought a used car for 3k. Everything was fricked up but it moved around great.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I feel you man. My 2016 Ford Fiesta has started giving me transmission problems and I figured it's time for something new (or new to me anyway) . Thought I'd be in a decent spot, I've got a halfway decent job ($20/hr), a bit of money saved up, all good things. Meanwhile everything but a civic is asking for a lease payment that is north of $350/month. Used cars are shit with 100k miles for $9.5k.

I thought I was in a reasonable position financially and I am apparently going to assfrick myself just to get a new daily driver that doesn't look (and act) like a rustbucket. I need something reliable since I commute 40 miles each day for work but I thought I'd finally be able to get something "fun"

I know frick all about cars or being a mechanic so getting some $1500 project car is not for me

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Just pay a mechanic to put a new transmission in

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Pay $4500 to maybe fix the problem
        >On a car that is due for major engine service in less than a year
        Why should I spend $10k fixing an 8 year old car?

>I feel you man. My 2016 Ford Fiesta has started giving me transmission problems and I figured it's time for something new (or new to me anyway) . Thought I'd be in a decent spot, I've got a halfway decent job ($20/hr), a bit of money saved up, all good things. Meanwhile everything but a civic is asking for a lease payment that is north of $350/month. Used cars are shit with 100k miles for $9.5k.
        >
        >I thought I was in a reasonable position financially and I am apparently going to assfrick myself just to get a new daily driver that doesn't look (and act) like a rustbucket. I need something reliable since I commute 40 miles each day for work but I thought I'd finally be able to get something "fun"
        >
        >I know frick all about cars or being a mechanic so getting some $1500 project car is not for me
        How the frick does a 8yo car have trans problems lol mine only died after 3yrs and 50k miles of skidding and it was over 15 yrs old the frick

And this is the so called unreliable 5sp auto in the stangcoons

It's the automatic, which is mentioned in the sticky as being unreliable. My suspicion is that it is a loose bearing. There is no issue when driving but you can hear a loud rubbing noise while driving (sometimes louder, sometimes quieter with little regard to actual speed). Putting the car in neutral removes the noise

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

replacing the belt is not a major service

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I was told at 100k you need service to all the head gaskets, which costs $6k. My dad told me this, I know frick all about cars so I am inclined to trust him

Owners manual says I need engine coolant, spark plug replacement and accessory drive belt inspection

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Do people seriously not invest in their cars? I have one from 2008 with 117k miles and just spent $1200 doing cosmetic work. It still runs great and will probably do so till 200k miles. It does have a V6 with a turbo, tuned, and is rare. I would definitely invest 3-4k if the transmission started going.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>I feel you man. My 2016 Ford Fiesta has started giving me transmission problems and I figured it's time for something new (or new to me anyway) . Thought I'd be in a decent spot, I've got a halfway decent job ($20/hr), a bit of money saved up, all good things. Meanwhile everything but a civic is asking for a lease payment that is north of $350/month. Used cars are shit with 100k miles for $9.5k.
      >
      >I thought I was in a reasonable position financially and I am apparently going to assfrick myself just to get a new daily driver that doesn't look (and act) like a rustbucket. I need something reliable since I commute 40 miles each day for work but I thought I'd finally be able to get something "fun"
      >
      >I know frick all about cars or being a mechanic so getting some $1500 project car is not for me
      How the frick does a 8yo car have trans problems lol mine only died after 3yrs and 50k miles of skidding and it was over 15 yrs old the frick

And this is the so called unreliable 5sp auto in the stangcoons

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>How the frick does a 8yo car have trans problems
        >Fiesta
        How are you this unaware

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>How the frick does a 8yo car have trans problems
          >Fiesta
          >How are you this unaware
          Because i dont drive fwd crap

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>commuting 40 miles to make $20/hr
      Dog i do about 28 and I dont think its worth it for 35. I sure hope you are living out in the sticks.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

East Coast of Florida, truth be told everything is at least 15 mins away
        >$35/hr
        Man this is the best job I've ever had I couldn't imagine making $15 more an hour I would feel rich. Granted I'm single, pretty frugal and my best friend is my roommate but goddamn 150% more money each month would be tight

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Eh Im in north jersey so I guess that puts things in perspective. Still though 20 an hour is fricked anywhere in this country you need moar

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lmao I bought my 2006 Honda Accord for $4500

It runs great

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

lmao 2006 accords were the same price a decade ago

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Only if you're too lazy to research and helpless wrenchlet by choice. End that weakness and wallow in cheap rides.

Why is DA mostly helpless?

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>8k
    I just bought a yukon for 3k. granted, it did take a month of searching through lots of junk. you must be moronic if you can't find a good used car for 8k.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

owning an old shitbox as your daily is sort of like linux, it's free ("$8000") only if your time is worthless.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why does she look like an ugly Asian version of Xochitl Gomez?

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

2010 Volvo XC60 AWD R-Design
    I need a car. I have no car. Never bought a car before with my own money.
    Wants $9500 but says to me "No auto check report to purchase"

Description:
    Clean title, no issues, great car.
    2010 Volvo XC60 T6, 3.0L Turbo
    AWD, parking sensors, back-up camera
    Front and rear heated seats.
    AUX/USB/CD/Premium audio.
    Navigation, blind spot monitor
    Power gate, panoramic roof, HID lights
    Tilt, cruise, Technology package
    Folding 2nd row, 20" wheels, bluetooth
    Close to new tires
    New spark plugs
    New engine mounts.
    Car drives great with zero issues.
    Very reliable and safe.

Sounds like a deal, but the fact he said "No auto check report to purchase vehicle" makes me think he's lying. I just can't trust private sellers from Craigslist. Do I ask for VIN over text or just go see the car and get the VIN to run CarFax?

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

totally agree. that's why i bought two 3k cars and saved the rest for parts

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Dacias are unironically 8k. Why not buy one?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *