Just got an 06 Q35, coupe, manual. Done by prev owner:. >V-LSD. >Continental Extremecontacts

Just got an 06 Q35, coupe, manual.
Done by prev owner:
>V-LSD
>Continental Extremecontacts
>ISR catback exhaust 4k miles ago
1800mi ago:
>Z1 mild performance clutch
>oem slave cylinder
>oem throw out bearing
>oem rear main seal
>output shaft seal
>transmission flush
>transmission mount
>Z1 lightweight flywheel (it chatters)
First manual car lmao, stalled a couple times but I figured it out stopping on some hills, just finding the sweet spots now. Anyone had one of these before? Extremely similar to 350z. There's a leaking output shaft seal, that's the only issue I know of that needs immediate attention. I'll do it myself if it's not too intensive. Anyone got advice for me?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Mileage + How much was it?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>mileage: 158,xxx
      >how much: 6600

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Not bad I got mine with 75xxx for 5k

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>he bought a rwd manual coupe
    Nice Anon, congrats. You're automatically better than 90% of euro posters here.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>automatically better than 90% of euro posters
      thanks fren
      long time friend who I bought it from (actually used to be his boss) bought it from a guy who actually bought it from the original owner for his autistic son and regretted it, kek.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Honestly being the 4th owner on a car this age isn't bad. Especially if the original owner had it the vast majority of the time.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

He did, sold it a couple years ago because he had an accident and couldnt drive stick. Sold it to a family member for his autism son, then decided shit I shouldn't have gotten him this kek and sold it to my bud.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>You're automatically better than 90% of euro posters here.
      feels good being in the latter 10%

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's a v6 muscle car anon shut the frick up

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>t. fwd shitbox owner he was talking about

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The downside of V6 muscle cars is feeling bad for not buying the V8 version, which doesn't apply to the G35 because there is no V8 version.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Anyone got advice for me?
          Sell that fricking riced out niggwagon before it bankrupts you. Very, very stupid first car choice.

There is also no good version.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I can't hate these when they're well kept and tastefully modded. nice cop op, please take care of it

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Crank and cam position sensors will leave you stranded. Guy I bought mine from said they should be replaced around 100,000 miles or so. Also it’s not an unreliable engine in any way, but oil consumption is almost a feature. It’s to be expected on literally every VQ35. Oil consumption will never hurt the car as long as you’re on top of it. I’d check oil at maximum every 1,000 miles. My G35 is at 180,000 miles(so it’s probably more tired than yours) and I’m probably replacing 3 quarts between oil changes. Still it’s never had a major issue for me. The coolant hose that runs to the oil filter housing blowing a hole was the only time I’ve had to get it towed. Definitely something I should have taken care of before letting it get 18 years old, not the cars fault.

The car is reliable, comfortable, and fun to drive. My only dislike is that it’s terrible on gas and requires premium. My 4th gen 5.7 camero gets better MPG than my G35, most likely because it does 80 at 1.5k rpm while the G goes to 3,000 for the same speed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

3qt is fricking insane.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It’s a combination of leaks and burning to be fair. I neglect this thing

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Appreciate the knowledge anon. But yes, this thing definitely fricking revs

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anyone changed the output shaft seal on one of these boys or on a 350z? Part is only ~10$ but I'm not sure if I should take it to a shop because my buddy said he changed the seal 2 times and it leaked both times, he says he likely pinched the seal each time.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

not on a nissan but if its anything like my toyota you may need a seal pick if you cant use a long screw to pull it out. if there's a dust shield around it, you'll probably need to hammer it off (best to hammer a piece of wood to knock it off) for extra room.
      if the prop shaft is a two piece one then you should just be able to disconnect the front half then pull it out of the gearbox
      make sure you coat the inner and outer sides of the seal in oil too. and if you can't find an appropriately sized socket to tap the seal in place with, then find a piece of wood that'll let you do that but tap lightly and evenly i.e. don't just hammer one side of the seal. tap lightly because it'll eventually go in, otherwise if you get impatient like me and hammer it judt a bit too hard, you might damage it and end up leaking again soon.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Vq sounds like shit. Get a V8 homosexual.
    In all seriousness congrats on the first car.

homosexual
    Captcha: KWV8

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Solid choice OP. Treat it well.

8. 2 months ago
    p

Huffing little kids' farts is my fetish 🙂

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *