Just got my first car for a good price, its a Hyundai Sonata 2013.

Just got my first car for a good price, it’s a Hyundai Sonata 2013. Just finished fixing all the shit that was wrong with it, so now it drives like a piece of butter in a pan - now onto the exterior. Besides restoring headlights, how can I make this car look better? I have no complaints about the rear, it looks sleek from there, but the front is a bit dated and not the prettiest ngl. Any advice?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

not really a whole lot
    find nice wheels and tires and keep it clean

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah. Do you have any suggestion for the wheels. Tires are new, I changed them few weeks ago. The wheels are OEM, so idk what I can put there that can be better, sleeker, and cleaner.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Do not change the wheels, do not mod it it anyway. Anything you do will just look moronic or black. Just keep it clean.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My car looking like it’s driven by a black person is my worst fear, and I am barely racist. Should I put some tasteful 20% tints all around, tho?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/RRHuFfF.jpeg

Just got my first car for a good price, it’s a Hyundai Sonata 2013. Just finished fixing all the shit that was wrong with it, so now it drives like a piece of butter in a pan - now onto the exterior. Besides restoring headlights, how can I make this car look better? I have no complaints about the rear, it looks sleek from there, but the front is a bit dated and not the prettiest ngl. Any advice?

https://i.imgur.com/fvt2Pa2.jpeg

Yeah. Do you have any suggestion for the wheels. Tires are new, I changed them few weeks ago. The wheels are OEM, so idk what I can put there that can be better, sleeker, and cleaner.

It's a fricken sonata bro, keep it as is and save your money for an actual car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

try oem takeoffs from the gen coupe. use the rears as theyre wider and wont look so sucked into the wheelwell

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Good advice. Will black/dark tires look too ghetto and out of place for this car, you think? The silver ones are almost identical to what I have right now, some identical.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

youd be going from a 16 in wheel to a 19
            also personally would leave the color as is. good contrast with paint color and without the "im covering up a mistake" look with an all black wheel

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

moronic question, but will my car still drive fine if I put 19 inch wheels on it? Or will it fit only if there is work done on it, and its lifted or something? On picture, it looks pretty clean ngl

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ride will be a little more rough simply because theres less sidewall to absorb bumps
            wheels will fit fine, just need tires with similar diameter to the stock ones. with aftermarket wheels youd have to worry about offsets/ backspacing/will wheel spokes rub brakes/all that but this is a known and proven fitment to work

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It’s very deep, dark blue color. I’ve always wanted a black car, but I got what I could for the price, didn’t wanna ask my parents for money cuz dad would remind me of that few times a week and I would feel embarrassed lmao. I am not going to wrap it or anything, just sad that this car is good enough for me to be super happy with it, but slightly not good enough for me to absolutely be in love with it. Mechanically, it drives so surprisingly good, that I am slightly confused even. Maybe it’s just my driving style, but when I press gas at green light, every single car feels slow to me. On highways, I don’t notice how I reach speeds of 80-90. I don’t race, but I had no trouble keeping up with any car on road. It’s 200 horsepower, idk how good that is, but I expected much worse. The exterior and interior is not the best tho, and that’s my only complaint

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If it has the Theta II engine, just don't even google anything about it. You're better off not knowing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The reason as to why I got this car cheap is just because of the engine issue. It was sold for cheap as it was burning oil fast, and there were clear issues with the engines. Previous owner most likely didn’t do oil changes, and had no records of them, so couldn’t get it approved under warranty. I photoshopped few receipts for old oil changes, changed oil for real once, and then got new engine for free under warranty. That’s part of the reason why I love this car and want to keep it well maintained for as long as I can. I am sure the engine will be fine as long as oil is changed every 4k miles

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I photoshopped few receipts for old oil changes, changed oil for real once, and then got new engine for free under warranty
        This is so fake and gay

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Look up what’s required to get warranty engine replacement from Hyundai. If you come in with an engine problem (at some locations they told me they can take it in only after the engine has seized, but one took it in as it is due to it burning oil fast), and prove that you have been meticulous with servicing it, you get it replaced. There are over 400k cars recalled in the US, and it’s a pretty infamous case too lmao. There was a class action lawsuits they made Hyundai provide lifetime warranty on engine

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

amerigoys really are lucky to have israeli bosses that care about your car maintenance

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That was my first thought. We really have it too easy here. If I came in with any complaints in any other country, they would tell me to kick rocks and laugh when I leave. In US, they would be afraid I could come back with an envelope inviting them to a lawsuit.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Kek that's gigabased, I'm surprised not taking it to the authorized dealers for service doesn't void the warranty though. It would in my country

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

For oil changes, they will even accept oil changes done by you (as someone said on forums when I researched this) as long as you keep track and write down everything. I would go a step further, and collect oil filters with date written on them and stuff. Different dealerships do everything slightly different, most will not work on engine unless you car has already stalled. All will accept non-dealer oil change though

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Please polish that paint.

Then Turtle Wax hybrid solutions
    Ceramic Wax Spray will be your friend.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Would it be safe if a driver side door had damage to it (small hole made by someone hitting a wrench on it). I don’t know how they fix it, but I guess some sort of molding material + paint, but idk how well it will stand up to what you are suggesting. Either way, good idea. When it’s clean, it looks much darker too.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes, you can polish repaired paint.
        Polish isn't harsh. It's rubbing compound that really cuts.

Just some basic b***h Turtle Wax paste polish is all you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-Polishing-Compound-Scratch/dp/B0009JKGJ2

It will take some time and effort, since what you're doing is slowly wearing down the imperfections to leave you a smooth, glossy finish. So you just take it a small section at a time.

Hand polishing is safer than machine polishing, which runs the risk of putting swirl marks in your paint if you frick it up. Or burning through the paint.
        It's hard to frick up a damp cloth and just rubbing until it's smooth.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sorry if I don’t know anything about waxing and polishing, but how long should such a treatment last me before the paint looks bad again? Do I have to repeat the process many times throughout a year?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How long your glossy paint lasts depends on the conditions it's in.
            If you go to a shitty car wash you might get swirl marks in your paint in 2 minutes.

If you park outdoors, it depends on the weather. But a ceramic coat should definitely keep the damage at bay.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

stop posting pics like a Black person!

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What’s wrong with my pictures? I am showing all angles of the car so someone smart can actually suggest something cool for me to do with my car

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My “biggest ick” with this car is the fricking grille. Maybe I should take off and replace that chrome outline with something black? Or get the grilles themselves chrome? Or is it gonna look ghetto af

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Photos automatically post sideways because DA strips exit data. Just crop the photo slightly and it will post in the correct orientation

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Ty. I didn’t know that

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

must be a phone poster

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I'm a phone poster. Are you upset?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

How about some rally lights?

https://i.imgur.com/olaIKPr.jpeg

Last issue that bothers me is the cracked dashboard. I ordered a cover on eBay, but cover will make it look uglier, gonna be a bit embarrassed if I drive with a girl or smth, would look a bit geriatric. Maybe there is some sort of adhesive, or smth to fill the cracks in? Really don’t want to get the whole dashboard replaced

Sadly there's no real solution for cracked dashes unless warranty covers it and I don't think they will for a 2013.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For headlights, use Sylvania headlight restorer.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bet. Thanks

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Last issue that bothers me is the cracked dashboard. I ordered a cover on eBay, but cover will make it look uglier, gonna be a bit embarrassed if I drive with a girl or smth, would look a bit geriatric. Maybe there is some sort of adhesive, or smth to fill the cracks in? Really don’t want to get the whole dashboard replaced

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What do u guys think of these headlights + chrome grille? Might look clean ngl. Idk how car community looks at chinese non-oem headlights, these are $500+ on aliexpress

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Don't bother putting lipstick on a pig
      Clean and polish the stock enclosures and it'll look so much better

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

[...]
        [...]
        It's a fricken sonata bro, keep it as is and save your money for an actual car.

yeah, I kinda agree with both of u lmao. i did a quick crude photo edit, overlayed chrome grille and new headlights. Looks kinda clean ngl

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I fig it, looks benzesque. I hope you don't mind the eunuch associations though.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Thought of even a crazier look ngl

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Looks tacky

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no cap bussin og ngl

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'd skip the chink headlights unless you can find tests that show the intensity and beam pattern isn't fricked up

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Hyundai
    >Just finished fixing all the shit that was wrong with it
    So now that it's no longer a Hyundai, what is it?
    Because if it's still a Hyundai, you still have problems. On the bright side, you are going to learn how much shit can quickly go wrong with a car. Your mind will be expanded to reach new horizons.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *