Learned this cool life hack from my gf, you can use electrical tape to block out those annoying lights and never have to take your car in for service.

Learned this cool life hack from my gf, you can use electrical tape to block out those annoying lights and never have to take your car in for service.

Any other cool car hacks?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Good trick OP. For me, I put sand in my oil. It helps clean out the insides of the engine kind of like dishwasher descaling tablets. It also masks all the glittery stuff that normally appears in my oil when my wife's boyfriend does my oil change for me which is nice.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i swear there was an old thread somewhere, going back to the mid 2000s, i think it was a guy with a civic or some honda. he and his buddy figured that porting and polishing involved sandblasting, and so they got a bag of sand and dumped it into the intake while the engine was running, in order to sandblast and polish the insides of the intake, combustion chamber and exhaust lmfao. forgot which forum though.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

fricking kek i found it. it wasn't a honda, it was an audi.
        https://www.audiforums.com/forum/off-topic-5/hey-guys-please-help-my-mods-gone-wrong-80267/

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>yeah i know a guy who does walnut blasting for cheaper

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That joke is old as frick, up there with the muffler bearings.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That reminds me, I recently saw a video from a shop where somebody had told the customer to put Seafoam in their engine and they used spray foam instead.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I saw that one today. The moronic shit people do is unreal sometimes

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When you change your oil just put the old oil back in

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

actually, the oil cycles through the engine effecitivly changing its self every drive

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Just top it. Never change it like a chad.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When the police pulls you over turn on your seat heater and piss your pants. They can't punish you if you get electrocuted.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

literally just screw in your gas cap you dipshit

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

do you really have to block them? i just ignore them

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Any other cool car hacks?
    Same principle. If you block off the whole instrument cluster you don't have to worry about speed traps or maximum engine revs any more

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Annoying noise coming from your drivetrain, suspension, or axle(s)? Just turn up your stereo until you can't hear it anymore

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

What if stereo broke?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Get a Bluetooth speaker

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

What if me broke? 🙁

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Get a JOB

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Stop being poor

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

least based geo metro driver

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If you know that's a geo metro by the dash then you should know that the tape is over the air bag light and has nothing to do with normal maintenance.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

if you're a geo metro driver you are from a cucked country, do you even pass MOT with the airbag light on?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Many states here in USA dont have that. I can drive in a rusted out smashed diesel running rich on spicy chilli oil, and no one cares. Except tailgators who get an extra spicy cloud

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

drive in reverse in order to not increase car mileage

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

feeling anxious about driving in downtown big city? drink a bottle of vodka beforehand to calm your nerves

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If you don't have cold winters you can just use tap water as coolant.
    If you put your car on jack stands it's safe to use a cutting wheel on your springs if you want to lower the car.
    If you have catalytic efficiency problems you can undo the o2 sensor and pour bleach in the header to clean your exhaust.
    If you put gasoline in your crankcase you'll clean any carbon or varnished oil.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>If you don't have cold winters you can just use tap water as coolant.
      If you like corrosion and hate your water pump seal.

>If you put your car on jack stands it's safe to use a cutting wheel on your springs if you want to lower the car.

True though stupid.

>If you have catalytic efficiency problems you can undo the o2 sensor and pour bleach in the header to clean your exhaust.

The converter is fricked so gutting the ceramic is much more intelligent, plus how do you expect to "pour" anything into a sensor bung given their location? On what vehicle have YOU done this and describe how in detail.

>If you put gasoline in your crankcase you'll clean any carbon or varnished oil.

Also stupid. There is no reason to bother about varnish or other coatings stuck to the crankcase and anything not stuck is removed sufficiently by oil changes.
      Diluting your lube oil for the sake of a meme is Wakandan.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

you've missed the point of the thread entirely

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Yeah you have to use purified water, if there are contaminants it's as bad as using distilled, you're going to create an electrolyte mix, even if your radiator core is aluminum along with your engine block
      You're either looking for water that wants minerals or using water that has minerals, you should be using something neutral, minerally

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

if you have a car with a slipping transmission you can put some fine sawdust in the trans to mask the slip for awhile then sell the car to a minority.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I put masking tape on my high-beam indicator because it's the brightest light in the car and sears into my eyes on long late-night drives. Now it just glows a gentle blue under the tape.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Love my car
    >It's old and due for some overhauls, but I'm confident in my maintenance
    >One midnight, discover customer states videos
    >Become filled with the dread of nightmares
    >Walk outside with a flashlight in pitch darkness to check car for any small sign of neglect
    >bugs crawl over me as I'm on the ground to see underneath
    >No leaks, no rust, fluids good, everything tidy
    >Don't sleep for the rest of the night

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Yeah, it just won't pass inspection. Even if it's a slick job, if it doesn't light up on startup, it's obvious that you've tampered with it.
    What you can do, though, is do some soldering and wire the check engine light to ABS or oil pressure light, it'll light up for a second and then go away.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Thats only for newer cars. The older cars are less strict thank god. You can even fail inspection for oil leaks if the car is newer than certain year

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Any other cool car hacks?
    Sure. Adding few spoons of salt into fuel tank greatly increases engine's efficiency during winter, as fuel does not thicken or freezes in sub zero temperature.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

You can boost your compression ratio and get more power if you get spark plugs with longer threads.
    If you route a vacuum line to a spray can of starter fluid your get cheap nos.

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>cool life hack from my gf
    Oh she told me one.
    You can go and frick tyrone and gigachad while your boyfriends talks to his friends on DA.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

they make led light blockers that work better. Semi-hard plastic backed with super sticky adhesive. I put them on things like router LEDs.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>6 digit odo
    I wish mine had that

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i wish i could do this with my power steering leak

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *