LFA engine is insanely overrated.

LFA engine is insanely overrated.
The Audi 5.2 has basically the same redline, similar sound, more power, and is more reliable.

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The Audi 5.2
    plastic engine, rental spec, auto only

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>auto only
      Unlike the LFA you could get an R8 manual, even with the V10. If you're going to troll post at least know what you're talking about kid.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I can’t rent an R8 at Hertz

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can at Enterprise, which by extension includes National and Alamo

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>325
          Frick me, that'd be a fun time. It just sucks they probably can't guarantee you an R8

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

you managed to be wrong on every front

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No one gives a frick about manuals other than RP gay amateur poorgays

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Sounds like you're comparing the 2nd gen that didn't come into production until after the LFA was dead for years? Why would you do that?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

to be fair, the LFA wasn't "dead" toyota just stopped producing them. it took a long time for toyota to actually sell all of them, so you could still very much get one brand new.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, I was referencing the short production run. Some have sold as "new" as recently as the last half decade. Doesn't mean they're not still 2011-2012 MY cars though.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's such shame for LFA . Imagine if Lexus didn't fricked up by switch from aluminum frame to carbon in last moment . LFA would come out in 20007/08 and would have made serious competition for GTR .

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

it's a lamborghini engine

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>The Audi 5.2 is more reliable.

Are you sure ?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

“And make every chain tensioner oil pressure fed, then make the recommended service interval 10k miles. Americans are meticulous with their maintenance, right?”

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>then make the recommended service interval 10k miles. Americans are meticulous with their maintenance, right?”
        Anyone buying a German luxury car (as the original owner) is doing maintenance every 10k miles. What a stupid critique.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

1K km (I want to believe)

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>every chain tensioner oil pressure fed
        for what purpose

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Planned obsolescence, this is nothing new with any German engine and why everyone trades them back in under 100k km. It's not worth the thousands in repairs/maintenance and the "while your in there jobs" like water pumps, tensioners etc and then to top it off they will purposely design it so either engine or trans need to be pulled for access.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Every timing chain tensioner is oil pressure fed. The problem lies in the original 4.2 40v which did not have ratchets to maintain some degree of tension during start before oil pressure was built.

You dont hear about timing chain issues on audi motors in over 15 years because they fixed that issue but morons will still complain about it.

You can tell these people have no real mechanical experience because if they did they'd complain about audi pcv valves shitting out at 70k miles and burning oil faster than gas but theres no le epic pic to post along with it of a wopping 4 chains (i guess toyota gets a pass since they use 3 instead)

Planned obsolescence, this is nothing new with any German engine and why everyone trades them back in under 100k km. It's not worth the thousands in repairs/maintenance and the "while your in there jobs" like water pumps, tensioners etc and then to top it off they will purposely design it so either engine or trans need to be pulled for access.

moron lol

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The problem lies in the original 4.2 40v which did not have ratchets to maintain some degree of tension during start before oil pressure was built.
            And guides made entirely out of plastic, which broke when the chains slapped against them on cold starts.
            >You dont hear about timing chain issues on audi motors in over 15 years because they fixed that issue but morons will still complain about it.
            Wrong, VWs still have timing chain issues. They just switched to guides that don't snap, but the tensioners still shit themselves.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>picture of timing chain
      >"This means the engine is unreliable"

Because it has a timing chain? Help me understand anon, what about a timing chain makes specifically audis unreliable? Lots of Toyotas have timing chains too, you know that right?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it has four, yes FOUR fricking chains to handle the cam timing
        it also has tensioners that crap out and guides that break
        and the cherry on top is the fact the whole setup is on the gearbox side of the engine so fixing it is a massive fricking pain in the ass
        it's typical vw overcomplicated garbage

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>four chains
          Yes, and? It's not exactly hard to change a chain, having four small one just makes it take longer

>it has tensioners and guides
          Literally every timing chain has tensioners and guides, anon

>it's on the gearbox side
          Sort of a valid complaint, but a DOHC v8 is going to have compromises on ease of access, or else it would take up way too much space.

>inb4 "well muh 110hp toyota corolla is easier to work on than an audi rs4!"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

delusional moron

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Sounds like I struck a nerve there. Have fun with your 110hp automatic FWD grocery getter, while those of us who can wrench drive real cars

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

NTA but my DOHC V8 has the timing chains on the front and a much less convoluted design.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Good for you anon. I'm still going to make fun of the econobox anon because it's funny to make tards cry.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why are we letting morons post?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i agree, LFA fans shouldn't be allowed to post. if your favorite car doesn't even have a successor in the works, it is a failure and you shouldn't be defending it because even the manufacturer knew it was a mistake.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

in this case the only failure was its manufacturer to respond quickly enough to the interest in this thing

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The LFA was a massive failure.
          It's slow, man.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I still prefer the Lexus, along with everyone else with a penis.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If he actually preferred it, i wonder why he didn't buy one like he did the Ford GT.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

These are easier and cheaper to acquire. Next.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>he had to write a letter to ford explaining why he should be one of the lucky few euros to get a GT
          >meanwhile LFAs sat unsold for years
          Are you a literal moron?

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he had tell ford he's jeremy clarkson
            whew lad

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The GT had a shite imobiliser and he fricked it off quite quickly.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

at least he fricked with it. he wouldn't touch the overpriced toyota completely lacking in all heritage and beauty at all.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

He also didn't put the Ford on the cover of his magazine quoting it as the best car he's ever driven. Cry harder.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>he also wasn't payed by Ford like Toyota to promote their failed attempt at a super car
            i mean, everyone knew the Ford GT was going to be good from the start. just the rumor of the nameplate being brought back alone made old men get boners for the first time in decades. meanwhile, hardly anyone who bought high profile cars knew or cared what that expensive toyota even was.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>not enough other boomers likeded it
            Black person, please.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>but the hand me down shitbox corolla driving weebs would've bought it with money they won from the lottery so that counts for something!
            Groid, come on.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>lacking in all heritage
            lol kys habeeb. Go buy a boxer and try to whiten your bloodline you lower caste homosexual.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What does LFA stand for?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Little Fast Asian. it was meant to boost the brand identity of Lexus as more than just a luxury toyota. it failed.

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nothing good has ever come out of vw

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Both are overengineered shit.

You only need 3 types of engines. Inline 4 DOHC, inline 6 DOHC and pushrod v8.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Unironicly the best post on DA.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

shut up yank

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They don't sound the same the lfa has a diffrent firing order.
    The old gallardo is close but doesn't rev as high

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Plus it weighs a gigaton despite being weaved on le epic nipponese carbon fiber samurai loom.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Japanese < German
    I don't care about fwd shitboxes and overpriced and under performing Toyotas.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

based?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no just not a onions homosexual Black person

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's insanely overrated, but it's because the Viper exists and mogs the frick out of every car in existence.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *