Literally a health potion for your engine

Literally a health potion for your engine

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I add a little bit of this stuff once a year, my car runs great with over 30,000 miles on it

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

kek. i will shill for redline mt90 though. my toyota gearbox actually shifted a bit smoother replacing the oem gl4 oil with that

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So is Red Line breddy gud? Thinking about changing the Transmission and Transfer Case oil on my 93' T100 that I don't think have been done in a couple of decades, and have heard a couple times that it's better than the Castrol I was thinking about getting. Neglect yes, but we have done at least common maintenance. I recently put fresh Toyota GL5 oil in the front and rear diff cases and I swear it glides down the road a bit better. Last year it got new shocks, though the brakes may need another look.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

yeah i'd say go for it. dunno if your gearbox can take mt90, but if it does you may notice it shifts a bit smoother. not cheap though.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

some of their manual transmission gear oil is basically all you can get for older cars.
          like old Corollas.
          everything else will grind and not work well
          mt90 and the like are very very good.

I run redline Full race oil in my race car.
          it's good stuff, but not for everyone

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

yeah i'd say go for it. dunno if your gearbox can take mt90, but if it does you may notice it shifts a bit smoother. not cheap though.

some of their manual transmission gear oil is basically all you can get for older cars.
          like old Corollas.
          everything else will grind and not work well
          mt90 and the like are very very good.

I run redline Full race oil in my race car.
          it's good stuff, but not for everyone

I got one more opinion and wound up snagging 5 bottles to do the job today. Same stuff goes in both the transmission and the transfer case. Maybe now it won't get wiener-eyed when I put it in reverse every once in a while. I've heard nothing but rave reviews, including from you two. It's probably my driving but I swear it's a little more enthusiastic on the power transmission since I changed the oil in the front and rear differentials... can't wait to see how it feels with fresh oil in transmissions.

I managed to find some bottles floating around two O'Reilly's Auto Parts stores, apparently it's been greatly demanded in my area.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

My T50 in my AE86 was grinding with MT-90. Ran it for years, too. I switched to Motul 300 and it hasn’t ground since. Runs quieter too.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I've onlyheard good things about redline troony fluid

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fuel cleaners with good PEA content are legit, there are only a handful that are real/worth the money and techron concetrate+ and redline s1 are two of them.

• 2 weeks ago
        gonster

>redline
        paying 75% for the brand and 25% for the actual solvent tbdesu

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This, they work better in combination with an Italian tune up as well.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You morons realize modern fuels contain all sorts of detergents, cleaners, and additives all ready, right?
    Same with modern engine oils.
    Like they say though, a fool and his money are easily parted.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Cheap fuel has the legal bare minimum which has been proven to not be enough, so unless you know the stations you go to are high detergent fuels it's probably good to use a bottle of PEA cleaner before every oil change.

And it's sort-of-kind-of important to use these things the tank before an oil change because they do affect the oil. The instructions even tell you this (and if they don't dont buy it the maker is a wienersucker and/or the product is probably actual snake oil)

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

why would you ever use cheap fuel? You don't have less than 300bhp right?

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Forbidden tobasco

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fuel system cleaner.
    Most of those products dont work with cars that only have fuel direct injection system. You should never need those fuel system cleaners if you frequently replace engine oil+ filter. Then replace fuel filter around 120000-130000miles.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>You should never need those fuel system cleaners if you frequently replace engine oil+ filter
      Please explain how engine oil cleans your fuel injectors and intake valves (for port injection/multi point injection engines).

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Doesnt clean them. Instead clean engine oil reduces/slows them from gumming up. You do get small amounts of oil into intake and to intake valves from PCV valve, EGR valve. Little bit of oil goes into the cylinders to burn as fuel, this increases when engine wears/ages enough. Dirty oil burns dirtier and creates more carbon than clean engine oil. Both fuel quality, engine oil quality do affect on amounts of carbon build up inside engine. Dirty engine oil can even cause small increase on engine tail pipe emissions.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

this but without the redline tax

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Please do not put their MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment in a new engine.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I threw some seafoam, berrymans and lucas in a old dakota that got 12mpg (318)

Tank later and it was at 17mpg again. Never noticed it doing anything else on any other vehicle I tried but that one time it was all worth it.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I bought an old piece of shit 01 monte carlo some time ago. had a misfire, put some seafoam in the oil, and cleared it right up

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Carb chad here. I just dump some 2 stroke oil in the tank every so often. Works great.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I run 2 stroke or marvel mystery oil in my decatted funbox from the land of the rising sun. The prostitute loves to guzzle it down

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

thoughts on this shit?
    my engine is full of gunk under the valve cover

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

forgot pic

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

sure, just make sure to replace the oil twice (at least)

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

*clogs an oil passage*

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Dad got an old 2wd Chevy truck with the 4.3l that'd been kinda neglected.
        He changed the oil with good synthetic blend and changed it again after 3k miles. It clogged an oil passage and spun a bearing on the balance shaft.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Just use

Please do not put their MoS2 Anti-Friction Engine Treatment in a new engine.

afterwards

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

I was going to post in the stupid question thread but this thread seems good too. I have a 2019 Silverado V6, 23xxx miles. I went to get an oil change yesterday. I went to the one place that has never ever tried to rip me off or sell me shit I don't need. This time guy said that at 15,000 miles I needed to clean the fuel injectors and offered to do it for $100. They didn't say anything the last time I brought it there even though it was over 15k miles. I declined. I left and bought a bottle of Lucas fuel injector cleaner and dumped it in the tank. I've only driven about 5 miles since then but it feels like my truck is running and idling smoother than before. Could be placebo effect.

So anyway I don't know what my actual question is, just looking for reactions and input. I will settle for verbal abuse.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Lucas is good shit. But I treat my car to various chemicals - berryman chem tool, sea foam, 2 stroke oil, ATF. Unfortunately the engine detoxed so much the catalytic converter quit working, but after replacing that its really running good.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>Could be placebo effect.
      I had a car that was misfiring just due to poor design with shutting off some cylinders under light useage. it definitely misfired less and just generally ran better with that stuff in the tank, but in my case, since it wasnt actually addressing the problem, it would go right back to being shit once that shit was out of the tank. no idea what thats about. you might be experience the same thing, I doubt anything is dirty enough at 23k miles to have a noticeable effect on the way the engine runs, but its probably a good habit to throw some cleaner in every 10k-25k miles just to keep it clean as it does start to rack up higher miles

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Is Marvel a good one?
    Got a 70's car that's been sitting for 20 years

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Marvel is the only snake oil used extensively in aviation. In the fuel and oil.
      But keep it in the fuel. If you put it in the oil, it will break loose every piece of carbon and fill up the filter pretty fast. I guess you could keep changing the filter at frequent regular intervals until they start coming out clean.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

...so good for cars, not aviation?

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

It's good in aviation.

Problem is that you don't want to start adding it to the oil of a high-time engine without changing filters frequently.
          If it's a new engine, sludge and carbon never build up in the first place with regular marvel use.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *