Looking for an Australian Outback worthy vehicle

G'day DA, Aussie here;
I'm looking for a vehicle that can rough it out through the Outback without much trouble.
Some key factors and requirements are:
Limited electronics, radio and AC are fine but any of that display screen stuff is a no from me. No electronics at all is also fine if you have anything like that.
No hydraulic steering (Power-steering), I've never liked the feel of it and when I once drove my mate's car (LN56 Hilux) which didn't have power-steering I knew I needed to get a car without it.
Suspension, I could modify this myself but by default I'd want something that can at least handle some of the terrain in our desert.
Engine, anything that wont get me stuck in the sand honestly.
Comfort, not a requirement at all.
It has to be manual, hate autos, 'nuff said.
Cab doesn't need to be anything big, a two seater will do.
If it's got a bed then that thing needs to be the majority of the car, so many utes these days have massive cabs and no bed which annoys me to no end.
Budget is not a problem, give me everything you know.
This basically narrows it down to anything made during or before the 1990s.
So far I've been thinking of getting any Hilux from 1st to 4th gen, maybe look into a Landcruiser (1st-4th gen heavy duty) and some Nissan Patrol models.
Any ideas or knowledge you'd like to share would be appreciated, I'll be sticking around to answer any questions and give feedback to your replies.

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Have you considered mahindra pik up? Might be a paid shill but still a nice comparison against land cruiser 70 series. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n5TY2m7EQsI&pp=ygUXbGFuZCBjcnVpc2VyIHZzIHNjb3JwaW8%3D

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

From watching this video I've come to the conclusion that the Landcruiser is more along the lines of what I'm looking for, it seems to be more durable over-all and better suited for the rough terrain.

What are your thoughts on Suzuki Jimny? Also, Toyota is blue balling the entire world by not launching hilux champ.

Seems to be about the opposite of what I'm looking for. Another thing that I should've mentioned in the first post is that the body needs to be strong, preferably steel. Most modern cars are made to shatter on impact which would be very dangerous for the off-roading I will be doing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Watched a few South African reviews on the Mahindra Pikup. They love it's toughness over there.
      Have you considered Jeep? Some anons reckon they're good off road.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've considered Jeeps before but the older models are really hard to get in Australia, it'd have to be a 1940s-1980s model for it to fit my requirements. Other than that they'd be worth looking out for.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What are your thoughts on Suzuki Jimny? Also, Toyota is blue balling the entire world by not launching hilux champ.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get one of those c**t lift kit fackeern grouseerre

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GU Patrol with ZD30

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That engine doesn't seem to be very reliable and considering one of it's common problems is overheating, that would be terrible in the desert.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Isnt landcruiser the defacto standard in the bush? Its literally called bushtaxi

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much but I'd like to see my options before making a decision.

Lada

Would definitely like this as a road-car but I'm asking for a bush-basher.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Lada

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would suggest

Fiat UNO
    VW Beetle

both are stupidly simple barebones with no frills, an unmatched suspension/weight combo that makes them float in the mud and that can climb steep hills even with an 1 liter engine.
    there a bunch of videos on tiktok showing them towing hiluxes in the mud. they were cars that conquered the Amazon rainforest.

unfortunately i cant recommend them for the outback for two reasons:
    Both lack AC. Beetle has none, and the UNOs AC is known to be subpar (if you can find one with)
    Beetle has engine cooling issues, not ideal for the outback of all places. UNO has cooling issues ONLY with the FIRE engine versions(tell me about irony)

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We have a surprising amount of Beetles here and I haven't seen any of them work well outside of the urban and flat areas.
      The Fiat seems like a road car to me, would like to see if it can handle the outback though.
      Cooling issues aren't a problem if the engine can handle it (Like the 1992 Hilux had been proven to) but since most can't, cooling issues are detrimental.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

an old honda with a lift kit
    i've slid mine up mountains at stock ride height, you just have to watch where you go.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I could definitely just buy an old shit-box and give it some good suspension and all, but I'm looking for something that'd work straight out of the box.

you've never been offroad have you OP?

I have indeed gone on trails before but never in the outback, no.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

so why all the dumb questions then.

just get a hilux or a 70 series and be done with it.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I mentioned it above didn't I? "I'd like to see my options before making a decision."
          And save for a few posters, almost every vehicle people have given me has not been what I asked for at all which implies that they didn't even read the opening post, or they have provided meagre to no details, like yourself (Assuming you are 27759101).

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you've never been offroad have you OP?

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>take awd system out of territory/something else
    >???????
    >smash into a falcoon

done!

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>1000rwkw awd falcoon

one day, frick i hate how homosexual youtube carshit has become its all the same builds over and over only the unique cool shit thats extremely hard to find is interesting

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *